Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Another note for a short term fix for a bigger issue. All Platforms will receive this very soon since it's a Data fix:

Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition:
We will TEMPORARILY remove the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

I really hope to god that you keep it almost as "frustratingly" hard as it is now, that's one awesome ephemera and it deserves to be considered 'rare' and something to be proud of having, not like the other ephemeras that are so easy to get that they aren't even 'special' in anyway. (Except the Lotus one players could get from the Tennocon livestream, now that one is nice)

31 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Some of us had to suffer to get it. Turning it into a token reward is just an insult to everyone who farmed it up, honestly. At least make it difficult to get. This also doesn't address Umbra Forma being literally the exact same thing. And Rush Repair Drones.

I suffered over 900 runs and I am glad nobody else has to deal with that kind of awful design going forward, it was a terrible experience that I regret sinking my time into and I am very in favor of DE making the right choice to step away from such a hideous grind for this ephemera.

• Like 4

instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

LOVE YOU space mom.... If we get a quest with choice to "spare or kill lotus" I am definately gona spare her now 😊

While it's cool to move away from RNG-based rewards and into skill or dedication based rewards, I sincerely hope this change will take into account runs done before the fix and not ask us to run yet another 50 runs of the anomaly or something of that nature. Many of us put the legwork already , and doing it again would kinda be annoying.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Some of us had to suffer to get it. Turning it into a token reward is just an insult to everyone who farmed it up, honestly.

No one cares. This had nothing to do with effort or suffering. It was about luck.

A lot of people have been 'suffering' far longer than 'some of you' and they still haven't gotten the ephemera.

The ephemera becoming something people can reliably work towards is one of the best changes DE could have made.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

No one cares. This had nothing to do with effort or suffering. It was about luck.

A lot of people have been 'suffering' far longer than 'some of you' and they still haven't gotten the ephemera.

The ephemera becoming something people can reliably work towards is one of the best changes DE could have made.

that's fine, as long as DE makes it so you get 1 token each completed Anomaly, which you get only if you don't abort the mission and then you need to exchange 500-1000 tokens for the ephemera

Another note for a short term fix for a bigger issue. All Platforms will receive this very soon since it's a Data fix:

We will TEMPORARILY remove the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).

You should really hire someone who worked on MMOs\RPGs, heck even anyone who had played or followed Diablo 3 should understand these fundamentals of loot rewards and foresee this  - because exact same thing happened in D3 first year, where people would not *play* the game but run around breaking pots - since developers made a mistake or dropping better loot from the pots than rewarding for defeating the monsters and of course everyone hated it.

Also you botched it on Liches big time  (you know it kills any the excitement when you see what lich drops right away - you broke the very fundamental principle of random loot, it's baffling)

And then of course RJ loot was a total disaster and no, not because of random stats, but because you get garbage worse than your basic gear, while you needed to design a progression where new drops would be improvements, again anyone who has experience with MMOs\RPGs or any farming games would know this. If you want to save Warframe you really need to hire someone who understands how to design such games (instead of listening to thousands of different opinions of players who mostly want instant gratification not even thinking of sustaining an enjoyable game). Its really painful to see it go down in flames like this

1 hour ago, An8rchy said:

But why not have it instantly awarded when smashing *spoiler* with *spoiler* ? No need to be a grind, why not just be a bonus to the start of the *spoiler* quest. Ephemeras dont have to be grindy, weren't them meant to be earned as an achivement of something? Completing a set number of anomalies isn't an achivement, is tedious work that fluffs the rewards

Oh yea and make it lose all appeal like how all other ephemeras did 

35 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I suffered over 900 runs and I am glad nobody else has to deal with that kind of awful design going forward, it was a terrible experience that I regret sinking my time into and I am very in favor of DE making the right choice to step away from such a hideous grind for this ephemera.

As somebody who suffered about the same, yet no ephemera, NO. I DO NOT WANT IT EASIER.

8 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

As somebody who suffered about the same, yet no ephemera, NO. I DO NOT WANT IT EASIER.

It was purely rng before, there wasn't an easy or difficult, just lucky or not. I know people who have 2 in under 100, some that have none in over 1000, difficulty is not relative to this change as it had no baseline before it. You could get it your first run before, or never, regardless of effort or expertise.

Do not confuse randomness for challenge, there was nothing difficult about the previous drop method.

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Very glad to hear this. I do have a question: how does the drop method cause issues of connectivity stability?

Just now, GrayArchon said:

Very glad to hear this. I do have a question: how does the drop method cause issues of connectivity stability?

it doesn't really
people abort the mission after rushing through the map
if you pass through it thoroughly it will take you about 2-4 minutes then abort and rinse and repeat

most capture missions are completed faster than that, but then again, if a large group of people does this at the same moment for 30 minutes I guess I can see how this might have an impact, I just can't believe it would be that bad

[DE]Rebecca said:

I'm really glad for the change, i got my ephemera a few weeks ago, but with this change my clanmates that have a really irregular time play (they play once a week, once a month or once every 3 month) will get the chance to get the ephemera, without enduring the actual soul crushing method (they are already in thin ice and the current method will kill their enthusiasm to come back for a bit longer).
i hope the others ephemeras also become achievement based

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

Some of us had to suffer to get it. Turning it into a token reward is just an insult to everyone who farmed it up, honestly.

Are you by chance the guy who Twitted at Steve to complain about the universal syndicate medallion applying to conclave and in turn screwing everyone over?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

In fact, it would be DE finally making an ephemera what they swore they'd be: something you actually worked for

38 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

It was purely rng before, there wasn't an easy or difficult, just lucky or not. I know people who have 2 in under 100, some that have none in over 1000, difficulty is not relative to this change as it had no baseline before it. You could get it your first run before, or never, regardless of effort or expertise.

Do not confuse randomness for challenge, there was nothing difficult about the previous drop method.

It's still WAS difficult in the case that not everybody can have one

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

2 часа назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

So, and what will get those people who have spent a lot of time on the grind of this ephemera? If you want to make it easier to get.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you!.... For both the reactor and the ephemera....
I will take note not to work on difficult rewards in any new content.

GO EVERYTHING-2-HOURS SQUAD!