Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

BUG REPORT

Hey, with the recent Railjack patch, where they gave Reactors base capacities, my Reactor actually received a nerf in Flux capacity. It went from a perfect 300 Flux to 297.

b3b3643b2793b0b039935488067fb30e-png.jpg

b0759fc50057dc25872df226b34f2a3f.png

This is, as you can imagine, rather infuriating. Can I get a fix for this?

On 2020-01-22 at 1:06 AM, sorcer3r said:

Empyrean gameplay is very slow. Railjack systems and missions are not very complex.

As a mixture of 3rd person shooter and space game it feels like it is worst of both worlds at the moment.

Maybe we don't need such complex ship systems but right now it is too far away from keeping me awake. 😉

I like the concept of teamwork and pacing, it’s just not very well done. Every mission is an exterminate, which is extremely repetitive and boring. If they worked on things like adding new game types (something like assault, survival, or maybe things we’ve never seen before. 

17 minutes ago, King_Lief said:

BUG REPORT

Hey, with the recent Railjack patch, where they gave Reactors base capacities, my Reactor actually received a nerf in Flux capacity. It went from a perfect 300 Flux to 297.

b3b3643b2793b0b039935488067fb30e-png.jpg

b0759fc50057dc25872df226b34f2a3f.png

This is, as you can imagine, rather infuriating. Can I get a fix for this?

The bug is that the reactor was never actually showing you the correct flux capacity, you never had that much ingame only when you view it in your ui.

On 2020-01-21 at 9:40 AM, KinderHades said:

Engine speed increases are wrong. my Zetki M3 shows an increase of 37.6 km/h but increases my railjacks speed by 188 m/s or 676.8 Km/h. your conversions are wrong. not sure how you even got them in the first place. 2nd place for funny issues behind the crewship stuck in the dojo wall. 

Avionics?

Railjack matchmaking is broke af, i can see "10 open squads" in lets say Gian Point and have to rape the join button a million times to get in (if im lucky).

Permastuck, out of the blue, for the rest of the mission just for using a lateral turret (and going back to the dojo didnt fix it, had to abort mission).

Annomaly shards mysteriously disappearing from the inventory.

And many more i dont remember, but its not limited to railjack. SO and ESO are bugged af, portals not appearing in time, zones blending and mixing with each other (resulting in invisible walls and unplayable zones).

No wonder the playerbase is bleeding out, you cant play a mission without the game breaking into pieces.

On 2020-01-23 at 3:54 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

There's something definitely weird with those awards, because I've received the Pennant 3 times, but it only showed up in the foundry - not in the end-of-mission reward screen. So if you see it in your rewards, you don't get it. If you don't see it, you might get it? 

Turns out that its a glitch and relogging works, but its still highly worrying to a person who thinks they got a rare drop only for it to suddenly look like it vanished off the face of the earth, one thing i would like to note is it seems like railjack -95% to arch weapons (which are already useless regardless) also applies on occasion to standard weaponry, perhaps due to the game not recognizing that you've transitioned from railjack to ground combat 

About that whole can't start a match when I have 3 players in my squad and no responses from recruit chat and get some error message about no squads being available when I try to just start the mission but can't so I try to start it inv only and invite them individually from inside the mission but it won't let me do that either but if I go in public by myself it works but I end up on some random ship that's 4 seconds from exploding and I'm stuck in the floor and unstuck does nothing and the whole thing fails again and again.

And again.

18 hours ago, Cl0rk said:

Railjack matchmaking is broke af,

2 minutes ago, Nerf_SupYo said:

About that whole can't start a match when I have 3 players in my squad and no responses from recruit chat and get some error message about no squads being available when I try to just start the mission but can't so I try to start it inv only and invite them individually from inside the mission but it won't let me do that either but if I go in public by myself it works but I end up on some random ship that's 4 seconds from exploding and I'm stuck in the floor and unstuck does nothing and the whole thing fails again and again.

And again.

^+1.

I'm really not sure how you can solve the abort-farming in the Sentient Anomaly but it still happens quite regularly. I've lost as many Tokens as I've gained because of this and being unable to finish the mission after a host migration.

Trying to get the Shedu parts and these Tokens is tiresome.

I look forward to any solutions you come up with. Unfortunately, I have none of my own at this time. I'm a little frustrated is all.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

18 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

I'm really not sure how you can solve the abort-farming in the Sentient Anomaly

Easily, just don't allow aborting during that mission.
Not that I think DE will ever do that, even though it would stop it.

As for more direct Railjack feedback:
I have to agree with a few people I've seen elsewhere suggesting the Tail-section and Engine Cowling (neither of which are actually quite what they claim to be) recovery and rebuild missions should be combined into one thing.
That said, I think they should stay two acquisition missions, or one doubled-up mission, and only the rebuilding should be properly combined.

Enemy fighters need to be greatly slowed in at least the first three missions, since the default guns are a dumpster fire of insufficiently damaging and slow-moving projectile.
(well, slow moving compared to the thing you're shooting at)

Where's the instruction on using the Archwing Cannon?
I've got the gunnery rating to do it, and I've even had the opportunity, but there's no instruction on how.

Minimap Icons for Forge, Exits, and Gunnery stations!!
Oh, and how about a second set of gunnery stations, rear-ward of the existing ones?
I'd even be fine with them being nothing more than alternate stations for the existing guns, and automatically disabling the other while in use. (and vice versa, the normal one would disable the secondary station)
It's a wee bit of a run from all the way back in the forge after all.

On 2020-01-23 at 1:48 AM, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

I like the concept of teamwork and pacing, it’s just not very well done. Every mission is an exterminate, which is extremely repetitive and boring. If they worked on things like adding new game types (something like assault, survival, or maybe things we’ve never seen before. 

Indeed one mission type is disappointing but I can understand that it needs time to develop more mission types.

What makes it worse is that Railjack introduced a huge grind (intrinsic / resources) but there is no big star chart with various mission types. Just one mission for an endless grind. I think feedback would be more positive for now if the grind was appropriate to Railjack's current content.

3 hours ago, sorcer3r said:

Indeed one mission type is disappointing but I can understand that it needs time to develop more mission types.

What makes it worse is that Railjack introduced a huge grind (intrinsic / resources) but there is no big star chart with various mission types. Just one mission for an endless grind. I think feedback would be more positive for now if the grind was appropriate to Railjack's current content.

Intrinsics were meant to be slow, but because there is really only 1 mission there’s no point in taking Railjack slow. 

Edited by (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY

Here is the post discussed in the forum with some changes made by other players.

I'd like to make a premise. I understand the will of the DE to want to prevent Empyrean from making the same end of other previous expansions.

Specifically prevent some players from rushing the content and then complaining after a month that Warframe never gives anything new. Let's realize that there are players who after a week from the launch had already reached intrinsic 10.

I understand and appreciate that ED is trying to prevent this

But I think they too understood by now that randomizing the expansion to such an extent was a bit too much of a solution, leading the players to frustration. And changing the reactor's avionics capability is simply a patch that doesn't solve the problem. In fact, even the engines are unbalanced (the Lavans, despite having more booster multiplier than the Vidar, go slower) and the shields that are not Zekti are practically useless.

Unfortunately, finding the balance between preventing players from "ending" the game and creating frustration is very difficult.

So here is my idea to still give a random content to railjack, but without it provoking anger in the players.

Now, that the sentient anomaly releases sentient tokens, why not use it to create a figurehead or a flag for railjack?

I would like that I could go to Palladino and have a flag built. In addition to a number of sentient tokens, he would obviously also need Empyrean resources and Dirac.

In order to avoid ruining the gameplay by making the sentient anomaly similar to how Eidolons are played (players who try to minimize the time needed to get more rewards at all costs), one solution would be to limit the number of times the sentient reward can be reclamed when it appears in a specific node (as proposed by Iukinu_u).

Eventually one could also think of a rerolling system to make grind less tedious...

Returning to the main, this flag would have, as features, some bonuses of the MkIII components, plus some  bonuses to the values of the railjack. The total number of these bonuses is obviously open to discussion (I think from 3 to 5 should be ok)...

Some of these could be the following ones, with their values:

1. Shield capacity: up to +200;
  2. Regeneration delay: up to -0.8s
  3. Additional shield regeneration: up to +1.2%
  4. Additional speed: up to +12m/s
  5. Boost multiplier: up to +0.12;
  6. Avionics capacity: up to +20;
  7. Flux capacity: up to +60.
  8. Turret Damage: up to +12%;
  9. Turret Fire Rate: up to +12%

I deducted these numbers simply in this way: taking the highest possible value from components and turrets and establishing the range between 0 and + 20% of that number. Obviously these numbers are only a starting point (as asked by DrivaMain taken away negative numbers).

My idea is to make the basic setting of railjack fairly standard by deleting RNG from components and turrets, and to place randomization on one aspect, of limited influence on the ship, but that could be also useful.

It would also be fantastic if this object (flag, figurehead or whatever you want) is also an actual decorative object inserted inside the railjack.

This object could also have randomization aspects in its appearance. In this way it would push the players not only to look for them for utility, but also for beauty. Having a powerful but ugly flag, or on the contrary beautiful but with too negative values, would be a strong push to find better ones.

It could be inserted in the console in the center of the main room (the one with the arsenal), or as a watermark on the window above the reactor...

Consequently, the values of the components (to which the bonus MKIII would be removed) and turrets should always be the same for tier and house.

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko

This update finally broke me. 

The one million credit price tag for each part is just too much. 

I struggle a lot with pretty crippling anxiety issues, so I don't join public games of the Index. I don't want to be responsible for a potential loss of credits. Since there's no way for me to know when I might have a anxiety/panic attack. 

It feels like this content just wasn't meant for me to achieve. 

From what I've read in other posts in the thread. By not having a Railjack, I'm pretty much screwed out of being useful for that content even if I want to do it.

Railjack just feels like hitting a brick wall compared to all the other content in Warframe. 

@HollowRaven, you can participate in Railjack activities without your own ship by joining open squads. You can also improve your Intrinsic ratings without your own ship; your Intrinsics are accessible in your Profile section of the menu. 

I do have my own Railjack, but honestly I completed 90% of the railjack stuff on other people's ships, as J. Random Crewmember - including completing the special quest on the sentient vessel and so forth. 

The one thing that might lock you out is the inability to delete wreckage once you reach the limit, since as I understand it DE goofed in the last update and didn't let people without their own ship / dry dock access the consoles where they can delete wreckage. I'm not positive on that one, though. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

5 minutes ago, HollowRaven said:

This update finally broke me. 

The one million credit price tag for each part is just too much. 

I struggle a lot with pretty crippling anxiety issues, so I don't join public games of the Index. I don't want to be responsible for a potential loss of credits. Since there's no way for me to know when I might have a anxiety/panic attack. 

It feels like this content just wasn't meant for me to achieve. 

From what I've read in other posts in the thread. By not having a Railjack, I'm pretty much screwed out of being useful for that content even if I want to do it.

Railjack just feels like hitting a brick wall compared to all the other content in Warframe. 

If you're having trouble getting the credits you need to build a railjack, you've got a couple options. You could try soloing the index - with frames like revenant or rhino, it's fairly easy, though I prefer Gara for solo index credit farming (as opposed to prodman farming) because I can wall off the point drop off and the AI is usually too dumb to get through.

You could also resort to the old way of credit accumulation pre-index - ye olde Sechura. Do five waves of Sechura (pluto dark sector defense), hop out, repeat.

That being said, you don't need a railjack yourself to be useful in railjack content. A lot of players don't even bother to take their own railjack out of the drydock and instead rely on dropping into others' ships to help them out. The limiting factor here is intrinsics, which you get from playing railjack content either as pilot or crew, and use to improve your capabilities at railjack content. However, you don't need a railjack of your own to level and spend intrinsics, you can also do that from your profile.