Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

I think I have talked about how people who fight in archwings or go after Points of interest early really suck because they drag all the fighters and crewships with them making it extremely difficut to kill that stuff with RJ.   So this kind of makes you want to go solo even with loot sharing...

I have found another thing that negatively reinforces solo play.   I spent alot of time in saturn prox all yesterday and at first I left my group open so others could join( I have a dope ship and dont need the help), I thought it would make things easier.  But eventually I got sick of people leaving the ship, never killing crewships, rushing the POI's, and just outright trying to leech.  So I went back to solo....

I noticed a pretty drastic change.   Fighters had alot less health,  no shields on those cutters?.  So when you play with others the enemies get more health, more shields, more speed.  I know the game worked like that in general but I just didnt think about that for Railjack....  Enemy scaling in railjack based on player count is a HUGE negative though.   Do my guns scale?  Does my ship scale??   No...If I actually wanted to play with other people I have to play against artificially harder enemies.  Its super lame.  

Why would I expose myself to all the other problems more people brings AND have to deal with harder enemies???

Enemy scaling should not happen in RJ.....  you make enemies harder, which makes turrets feel more worthless, which makes people leave the ship to fight in AW, which slows down the killing.

• Like 1

What you do or do not like:
Railjacks are the most buried loadouts to access in the game from your orbiter.

Why you do or do not like it:
It takes longer than it needs to.

What you would like to see differently:
A button that takes you straight to your dry dock.
Perhaps when selecting 'Dry Dock' in the Railjack navigation menu from your orbiter, that you are taken straight to your dry dock.

Edited by Juin_Roet

Just had an anomaly mission where for two of us, when we tried boarding the anomaly, it would play the cinematic and then throw us back into space. Boarding the railjack, and then trying again didn't help. Later, I boarded a crewship, and the back door wouldn't open, leaving me with little to do. I tried using my operator, because that helps on regular missions, but my operator appeared on the railjack. Going back to my warframe put me back on the crew ship.I also died imediately on exiting the railjack once, which wasn't fun.

Edit:

At one point sentients invaded the railjack. It was 2 or 3 fliers and a vomvalist, which was stuck in a corner.

Edited by Swamarian
sentients

On 2020-02-07 at 10:17 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I think I have talked about how people who fight in archwings or go after Points of interest early really suck because they drag all the fighters and crewships with them making it extremely difficut to kill that stuff with RJ.   So this kind of makes you want to go solo even with loot sharing...

I usually force them back to the ship with the Form Up avionic.

Give the host/owner of the rail the ability to give permissions on who can do what on the railjack. Getting real tired of people going and wasting my FA, abilities and Ordinance. I spent 6 million credits and at least 3 days on building this thing and people can come on board and just do whatever they want. And no, going private doesn't fix the problem that persists in public. It's a public lobby problem and going to a private lobby doesn't fix the problem in public.

• Like 1

Bringing up the railjack tactical screen (L) needs to show dome charge and munitions count. Right now the only way to check them is to either get into a turret/main gun, or interact with a forge. If I'm the engineer, I shouldn't have to go to the forge to see if I need to go to the forge. I should be able to check on all that stuff from the tactical screen.

I've almost maxed out the Grid on my RJ which is great, but looking ahead what will I spend all that dirac on??

I think there should be a vendor where we can give them dirac to purchase the rarer resources (like Astarte or Trachons, or those super rare ones Funstrels?)

I dont care about the vendor but one Idea I just had was to have a Ventkid or pack of ventkids take up residence in your Dry Dock of dojo.  They are pretty awesome gearheads, they would probably crap themselves getting to work on/around RJ. 

So Liches got a nice boost to overall operation, but Railjacks are still... pretty much the same, huh?

Shame. Honestly they're kind of wonk on a conceptual level, since there's so little of the system you can bring with you onto another person's ship.

Like you go into a mission, you still have all your customization and such. But you go into a Railjack mission? You're beholden to their ship. You're beholden to their guns. Beholden to their avionics. Beholden to their ship quality. Yours sits in the dock. Why should I bother dipping about upgrading the guns on my ship? Statistically speaking, I'm gonna spend more missions on everyone else's.

It's like if the team host got to decide what weapons everyone got to use in an on-foot mission. From their weapons. No you can't use that cool weapon you wanted to try out, we're using Latrons, deal with it.

Honestly the system shoulda had a more concrete role system, and each role contributes different stuff to the final ship, with the Captain's filling in for any absent roles. The gunner decides what side guns to use. Captain decides main gun and basic customization like shield gen and engines, stuff like that. And then everyone gets to bring X amount of their own avionics.

Like 'Oh no, the ship's on fire! Oop, not to worry, the engineer thought to install fire suppression, he's got it handled!'

Each contributes something to the whole. As is, you bring intrinsics, your body, and your archwing. Your body only matters for boarding. And we all know how archwings are.

7 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Why should I bother dipping about upgrading the guns on my ship? Statistically speaking, I'm gonna spend more missions on everyone else'

Because once you upgrade your own ship to Tier 3 after leeching / riding crew on other people's ships, you host your own RJ missions, like I do.

I've been using the RJ name to call out a brief mission statement (like Making Two Runs Before Dry Docking, etc.) in the absence of a Note Beacon / bulletin board for the Railjack.

On 2020-02-15 at 1:12 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Because once you upgrade your own ship to Tier 3 after leeching / riding crew on other people's ships, you host your own RJ missions, like I do.

I've been using the RJ name to call out a brief mission statement (like Making Two Runs Before Dry Docking, etc.) in the absence of a Note Beacon / bulletin board for the Railjack.

That's basically what I'm doing. I mean not like there's anything else to spend 'em on since they're all RJ exclusive.

Hey, so no idea if this will ever reach anybody but here's some feedback

I played railjack a few days over christmas but that was it, no real progression - no real time investment. After that I just upgraded my gear occasionally in the dry dock but wouldn't play missions.

Today I started again and oh boy I remember now...

the interface almost gave me a stroke.

Someone apparently thought that RJ had to have a different interface than every other aspect of the game. Mods have to be avionics (yeah whatever), the mod slots have to be a "grid" which  you need to upgrade  to get more benefits. So you need to level your mods, o pardón -  avionicles, and also your mod slots to get your railjack in shape. Stuff has 'houses' (like in hogwards) all of which give different values to mods, but of course different 'houses' all use the same names for their different avionicles because it wasn't confusing enough up to this point.

Now obviously gas, corrosion, radiation and magnetism don't exist in space - unlike heat, cold and electricity which you can shoot out of guns  (Go slap that crewship with the absence of heat to freeze it) so new damage types were absolutely necessary.... right? Of course, how else would you get avionicles that 'reduce ion damage by 5.5%'.

I tried to use the interface for a whole 5 minutes before jumping into a mission on another dudes railjack who hopefully put in the effort to learn it. I minigamed a few fires and foamed up some hull breaches - by far the most fun activity on board, and killed some grineer. Than I used the cannon and clicked on red rectangles until they went a slightly darker shade of red and an authoritative voice complimented me - I felt so validated.

That whole mess of a UI is completly pointless and superflous - avoiding it like the plague might cause some accidental fun.

The only aspect im hating about railjack and i realy want to see changed is the reactors i realy think reactors were and still are a bad idea blocking 80 to 90% of your railjacks use behind a power wall 

also the drop rate on reactors is bad as well 4% with random stats so you have a 1 out of 10 chance to get the stats you want and you have a 1 out of 13 chance of even geting a reactor then theres a 1 in 3 chance its the one your looking for so 4% isnt a good drop rate for reactors if your going to lock stuff behind its power wall your going to want to make it easyer to get than anything else but instead you made guns the most promanant thing you get (i alredy have some of the best weapons for railjack when i didnt want to get them i was farming for reactors i have one of each 60% more damage and some with 60% more fire rate) i can get a vidar gun mk3 with 60% more damage easyer than i can get a vidar reactor mk3 that is needed to fully unlock the power wall of a railjack 

I think a railjacks should be more like archeings and warframes were you level them up and get more capacity to mod them as you level up  also just like archwings and warframes there powers should be an inate thing not taking up capacity 

1. bring back buyable drones or cut the mass resource costs, 15k titanium for 1 item is a little crappy when there's potentially 4~5 options for each slot of your railjack.. and that's only one resource out of the potential 4. and the numerous resources and 5million+ credit down payment with no monetary investment return to start with.

2. am I the only one that's randomly getting 1shot by the *crew ship* while in my maxed 5 forma'd archwing and feeling like I shouldn't have been?

3. allow us to spend copious amounts of old resources to make new resources. I have infinite alloy plating, various other resources and nothing to use it on and well over 3k hours on the game and I appreciate grind balance sentiments to encourage players to play. But I can also recognize being jerked around by grind walls being a little too high. 

I love my railjack, I love this update, I enjoy flying around all over the place firing my big guns and skills and I'm sure I'll love the future content for it. But please allow us to pro-actively progress towards grind goals without bashing our heads against literal rocks in space to get 1 specific resource in order to PROPERLY PROGRESS. Yes Progress, your ability to move forward in most games like this update are to increase your stats and if your stats are locked behind UNIMAGINABLE grind walls and RNG it ain't fun.

Example; add specific difficulty modifiers to missions that give resource/exp/item drop bonuses or allow specific resource gathering by drones. let us spend two resources to get another resource; resource synthesizing or something. OR let resources be tradable in certain quantities like currencies. I would gladly pay platinum for titanium

1 minute ago, Romanji said:

1. bring back buyable drones or cut the mass resource costs, 15k titanium for 1 item is a little crappy when there's potentially 4~5 options for each slot of your railjack.. and that's only one resource out of the potential 4. and the numerous resources and 5million+ credit down payment with no monetary investment return to start with.

While I would like drones back in the Market, you get 1k+ Titanium each mission, and an 80% refund when detroying built components. 

2 minutes ago, Romanji said:

2. am I the only one that's randomly getting 1shot by the *crew ship* while in my maxed 5 forma'd archwing and feeling like I shouldn't have been?

You're only the last of thousands who have the same issue. DE has talked about this. In the meantime, use Amesha. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

While I would like drones back in the Market, you get 1k+ Titanium each mission, and an 80% refund when detroying built components. 

You're only the last of thousands who have the same issue. DE has talked about this. In the meantime, use Amesha. 

I am using Amesha, it doesn't make me tankier, it just makes me avoid death .. to be fair im not complaining, i just want to know if it's working as intended and im not alone. It feels like Darksouls; balancing all my means to not die. 

"refund when destroying built"  that would imply you *already* built your tier 3 weapons, reactor, engine, shield and such. meaning you reached that progression threshold. I'm talking about the ridiculous grindwall to REACH that threshold. I actually wouldn't mind if it was a 0% return when destroying built components, I just want a higher titanium payout for my missions.

I HAVE EVERY OTHER RESOURCE where it should be, the only one I am DRASTICALLY low on is titanium which I feel isn't my fault but a failure in the balance department which would be easily fixed by tweaking the integers a BIT and DE acknowledging and changing it asap; raising the drop amount by like 10% or something 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Yes, I have done 15 missions. And I'm going to let you off easy for that Dark Souls comment. 

i've done over 30 missions with a x2 resource booster and I'm still rocking a tier 1 shield, tier 2 reactor and tier 2 engine and tier 3 forward cannon tier 2 side cannon and tier 2 ordnance because 

1. im not getting the default gear you research because it has no rolls and would waste the resources 
2. titanium is unbalanced, again I have every other resource to make 100% of everything I need just not titanium 

whacha mean let me off easy for the Dark Souls comment? Extreme difficulty, squishy player character, balancing stamina, health, endurance, everything you need to survive a hostile hoard of opponents. I'm also an avid dark souls fan so my comparison doesn't come from a place of inexperience 

Edited by Romanji

Oh hey there's another thing.

DE.

Please cut out the shenanigans with the Electrical Fault and Fire progress bars. Yes it looks very pretty to have them go fast and slow down to a crawl right at the end, but it's honestly really visually annoying. Please just make it an actually useful steady progress bar.

I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I would like to add an update to the issue of Tactical intrinsics allowing you to cast other people's warframe abilities. I really think the tactical skills for warframes should just be generally new skills for some of the warframes that arent just copy pastes of one of their skills in general.

Limbo's one is particularly bad. It is cataclysm, that is only useful if the Limbo in the party has stasis on AND it  cannot be turned off. So you can cast this bubble and block out the slingshot from player access, and there is no way to close it. Oh by the way, you can cataclysm a crewship engine as well. And yeah, you guessed it, you are left trying to kill that thing with your operator I guess (haven't tried that), or wait for the cataclysm to close (mine happens to be 70seconds long).

Perhaps remove warframe ability kinesis entirely, or rework them please. They are not particularly great for some frames, and some are decent(like Ash's invisibility).

Edit : One more thing, as I play more of railjack again, I have realised that skills like Cataclysm (while badly implemented) and Null star, I realised that their use can be kind of limited even though you would like to make the best of them. What do I mean? Well, Nova's Null star can only seem to be used once during an entire mission (unless the player with Null star dies), and Cataclysm is sometimes arbitrarily unavailable, even if there is no present Cataclysm that has been cast (to my knowledge at least). I cannot stress this enough, among many other quality of life improvements that are needed in Railjack, ability kinesis needs a proper rework to make railjack and using tactical skills a holistic experience. Don't even get me started on Gunnery level 10.

Additionally, please consider scaling intrinsic rewards based off of the level of the enemies or the area. As it stands right now, I do not seem to find as much of an increase in Intrinsics gained between Veil Proxima and Saturn Proxima particularly. Maybe make it such that every new area gives intrinsics at a rate double of the previous one (much like how you have decided to make intrinsic leveling requirements multiplicative.

I want to stress this even more since Scarlet Spear is apparently the next mainline update coming - please do not forget that most, if not all, of the players who played railjack want missions besides skirmishes which is the space version of exterminate. We would love to have exploration missions like you showcased in tennocon, survival missions squad linked with railjack, boss fights linked with railjack etc. There is so much you could link up and tweak about the current starchart missions you have right now with railjack squad link options that would completely change the mindset of most players to this day that coop in warframe is a novelty.

I've seen your kuva lich rework recently and it is  evident to me that you are aware of the dopamine rush that fuels players to farm kuva liches for hours on end for the amazing weapons as a sweet, sweet award. Why not do something like that with railjack? Make built forma a possible reward from railjack missions in Earth proxima for example ( and don't make it any less than 5% drop rate), add massive credit caches, new pets as a reward or something I dunno.

Finally, make some more avionics please ( and don't make them drop out of enemies this time please I am begging you -  do them in exploration missions). If you are running out of ideas (understandably), here are some:

• Railjack blink - Railjack teleports forward a certain amount
  • Hack - Lets you hack enemy galleon ships
  • Space flashbang
  • Invulnerability avionic - Make players invincible for a period of time

I am begging you, make alternative avionics to void hole that can compete so that players that do not have the misfortune of not having one, are left to fly themselves because there are some questionable people out there who refuse to play with players who do not have this silly avionic - which I have been sure of to give away to others so they can have some fun times. Make some good alternatives to this skill perhaps.

Edited by 0verridden
Chicken nugget
  • Like 3