Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Some of the stuff have random stats .... i hate random stats.

i got 2 of the same engines one gave 5.1 other one 7.2. Then after a other mission i got a 148 shield while someone in squad got a100 and other guy a 228. it's not even the same for people in the same party.

also its have a ton of bugs. How do i lose equipped mods after a mission?

Edited by b4timert

I'm going to put this in very easy terms:

Nothing is explained. Nothing. This is a theme with the game but a very bad one.

Resources are lost because nowhere it's mentioned you have to refine them.

Railjack UI is very unclear on what to do to win.

Edited by Domaik
  • Like 6

So apparently many players are saying the most viable option for Railjack is to park it behind something and spend the entire mission in Archwing mode.

The Railjacks are so fragile that players would rather play Archwing, now THAT is a big signal that something is wrong.

• Like 3

Turrets need counter-rotation. They're super disorienting for the gunners when the pilot is moving about. Their perspective should be fixed relative to the Railjack itself.

Edit: nevermind, upgraded Gunner, I understand why this is better now. 360 degrees of gunning

Edited by Scorn

Instead of having constant pop-ups for materials, there should be a list on the side of the screen with the current amount of resources and indicates everytime you pick up some more.

Also what would be nice is a little roster that shows all squad members and whether they are: piloting railjack, using railjack guns, on the railjack, in space, in a crewship or piloting a crewship.

20 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Turrets need counter-rotation. They're super disorienting for the gunners when the pilot is moving about. Their perspective should be fixed relative to the Railjack itself.

Thats way worse, honestly. At that point you're aiming to counter the pilots movements in addition to everything else. While a bit disorienting at first, this is really the better of the two options.

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

You need to convert them to receive them as rewards by "refining" on the topside of the screen while in the forge UI.

Any resource you collect is given to the railjack, and not to players. Its there for the railjack's use (shared). If you click refine, the resources will all be given to the players and will cease to exist in the railjack inventory.

This honestly leaves room for trolling. some troll might refine resource to collect it and then ruin all the plustils you were farming for the Dome Charge.

Thanks. I had absolutely no idea.

9 hours ago, nslay said:

Shots fired always had a travel time for Imperator Vandal even before this update...that's not hit scan (not even infinity meters/second!) and for all practical purposes that behaves almost identically to a projectile weapon. 

the point was.... no, Imperator and all of the other Ray Trace Archwing Weapons did not have any travel time previously.
previously, i had never led my targets with these Archwing Weapons at any point since U15 when this Weapons were introduced. never.

ofcourse to be abundantly clear i am not deciding whether Weapons should or should not be Projectiles - i prefer Projectiles in almost all cases because it's just more fun to use, but do not have much of an opinion on it.

10 minutes ago, 0Midas0 said:

this is really the better of the two options.

if that actually was better, literally every computerized Military Vehicle ever produced would be doing it, instead of their Turrets compensating for rotating from the Parent Vehicle.
because that's how it is, all Military Vehicles IRL compensate for movement from the Parent Vehicle.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

My 2 cents after a day of play.

When Railjack works...its glorious.

• It's positively dripping with potential.
  • It's mindless, chaotic, over the top, fun, just like everything else in Warframe.
  • Its exponentially easier with a crew...even a bad one.
  • It's visually beautiful.
  • It's definitely not boring, there is always something you could be doing to contribute to success.
  • Intrinsics are great. You can really feel your capabilities grow with each level.
  • With a good Host, the transitions from RJ > AW > WF and back again feel great.

When it doesn't work it ain't pretty.

• OMG them bugs, most of them game breaking and result in abandoning the mission or even restarting the client.
  • If your Host has a questionable connection...just drop squad. It's not worth the frustration.
  • If your Host bails, you end up in your own RJ, by yourself, and the mission gets reset to the beginning.
  • Damage Control is fun...until it isn't. It can get overwhelming fast.
  • The Omni-Tool requiring ammo. It's bad. Make it go away. If not, at least let us carry more and use less per repair.
  • Avionics are meh. I still feel like a wet paper bag shooting spitballs. We'll see how MK I Components/Armaments feel.
  • Rush Repair Drone. Shame on you DE. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't need Pustrels for everything!

I'm enjoying myself for the most part. I've never experienced anything like this before and I can't wait to watch as it matures and is hopefully integrated more into the rest of Warframe.

• Like 1

Well, my only feedback is.
Being in archwing is definitly too punitive.

You get rekt in no time. Get out of a grineer ship, you are dead before having your screen fully loaded.
So you spend all your revive. and finish dead.

Archgun, 90% of the time you gonna shot arround ennemy but not on them. Too fast and no way to track where to shot.

So I dont know.. But archwing on last mission on earth and saturne is a deadly bad idea.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the point was.... no, Imperator and all of the other Ray Trace Archwing Weapons did not have any travel time previously.
previously, i had never led my targets with these Archwing Weapons at any point since U15 when this Weapons were introduced. never.

Even the wiki article mentions a bullet drift and delay for Imperator Vandel. But it incorrectly claims that hits are still instant. That has not been my experience in the recent months collecting Archwing mods. If it was really hitscan, I should not have been able to shoot in the air in front of laterally moving targets and hitting them. You are mistaken.

EDIT: I am not crazy! I spent way too much time farming missions like Rush and AW Interception for important mods for this update. Before this update, the Imperator Vandal shots had a travel time, so much so that you can shoot in the air in front of laterally moving targets and still hit them. If you try to shoot the targets directly, you don't hit them if they are very far away! I did not imagine this. The wiki mentioning the delay and bullet drift match my experience. What doesn't match is its claim that hits are still instant. It wasn't that way before this update or in my recent memory. I learned to lead the shots and I reflected that now I have to lead shots even more than I used to for targets that are closer. I am being honest, I did not imagine this. The Imperator Vandal shots had a travel time and they did require leading shots for very distant laterally moving targets.

Edited by nslay

40 minutes ago, taiiat said:

ofcourse to be abundantly clear i am not deciding whether Weapons should or should not be Projectiles - i prefer Projectiles in almost all cases because it's just more fun to use, but do not have much of an opinion on it.

if that actually was better, literally every computerized Military Vehicle ever produced would be doing it, instead of their Turrets compensating for rotating from the Parent Vehicle.
because that's how it is, all Military Vehicles IRL compensate for movement from the Parent Vehicle.

Then maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean. If you mean that the turret just moves with the vehicle (it railjack turns 45 degrees left and the gunners view moves with it), then no, thats an awful system. If you mean the turret rotates counter to the movement of the vehicle (railjack turns 45 and the gunner turns the opposite so that the gunners reticle stays on target) then thats how it currently works.

Needing to craft more revolite at the forge: very nice

Needing materials to craft revolite: not so fun

Also, ship upgrades shouldn't require the very same materials you regularly burn in every mission for basic ship functions

Edited by Scorn
  • Like 3

I honestly do not get railjack in Warframe and I am sad that so many resources have been poured into this game mode. 

Long term players in their majority came to Warframe for the core game loop of agile run'n'gun. The only general accepted use for archwing is fast travel on open-world maps. Now we have an archwing 2.0 system where one steers a sluggish ferry while the rest of the team micro-manages fire extinguisher, resource juggling and the occasional archwing insta-death?

New players who saw that trailer on the Game Awards show have to grind through 50-70 hours of ground fight before getting a chance to play what is shown in the trailers. I mean 50-70 hours or less than five dollars for Everspace that gives you space combat from minute 1 of the game ... without bugs. 

Who is the audience that is supposed to play railjack? New players, old players or the 2% that like archwing 1.0?

Finally, there is the timing. Why release this bugfest right before long holidays.

Edited by k05h
  • Like 1

I am reporting a potential bug for controller users.

When I press X on a controller to enter the pilot seat on my railjack, the aiming cursor goes crazy. By crazy I mean extremely sensitive and even erratic, even if I try to revert to my mouse without exiting the seat, it is still mess up.

However, this is not an issue if I press X on the keyboard to enter the pilot seat and revert back to controller without exiting the seat.

So it seems the control method used to enter the pilot seat is the key. Pressing X on an xbox controller to enter the pilot seat makes the cursor movement/ sensitivity go insane.

The Archwing weapons feel awful to use. Since there is no lead "Shoot at this point" in Archwing mode AND all the weapons have travel time time, makes it externally unsatisfying to try and get out and be an Interceptor for the Railjack. The enemy armor resistances also make using various weapons just feel like spitting into the wind. In addition weapons like the Corvas and Grattler just cannot catch most of the enemy types, again because of projectile travel time and projectile range limits.

21 hours ago, _Connor said:

Would be nice if the camera was closer to the frame / window when piloting railjacks. There is a lot of needless window-frame / ship in the frame when piloting. 

Also am i missing something or is it not possible to roll? I hate having to do weird yaw/pitch combinations instead of simply rolling the ship. 
Also a larger / customisable dead zone in the center of the piloting HUD would be nice.

Q and E roll, unfortunately E is also exit pilot seat, of course. So... not sure if roll right can be rebound

IMO window frame works good for me, I can hit anything, even things flying past me because I'm using wasd + mouse to move the ship bow and aim concurrently

Also it feels to me like Railjack and Archwing guns need a slight amount of aim assist in space by default, because right now gunnery in the Railjacks/Archwing gunnery feel kind of bad at anything but very close ranges. Even with a lead indicator, enemies are pretty maneuverable. I don't think you'd need much aim assist-just 1 or 2 degrees of aim correction/bullet magnetism-for mid-range and long-range engagements to feel much better and make it, paradoxically, feel like missing shots is because you're doing something wrong rather than something that is unavoidable.

It should feel like missing shots is 'my fault,' but right now it really doesn't because it's pretty hard to land shots without wildly spraying in the first place if you're doing longer-range engagements.

And given how fragile unmodded Railjacks are to enemy guns, the game doesn't exactly encourage you to charge into the middle of the enemy either.

change the color of the blue plasma ball of one of the enemies or  the blue pickups just change them to any color...there are many instances already as a pilot that I intentionally fly through them thinking they are pickups when I should have dodge them....both of them look a like if the plasma ball is coming straight at you

Terrible.....

Lonely.....

Extremely frustrating.....

So I thought I would have lots of people join my railjack ready to work as a team.... Instead I get 1 guy every now and then just stand there then leave, or just stand there while the whole ship is falling apart while being board THEN leave...

This therefore leaves me to fly, fight, repel boarders and do damage control and its just impossible for obvious reasons..

Plus damage to crew ships is just like 1 unless you target the engines and when you get it down to 0 is doesn't die?? it just regen's and starts all over again.

This railjack is a great concept, but without a crew that will stick around and do something it just doesn't work. Face it you need 3 friends you know. Matchmaking just doesn't work.

I think I will come back to this when more improvements have been implemented.

• Like 1