Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

On 2020-04-06 at 6:57 PM, Highlord83 said:

I doubt DE ever will, just like I doubt they'll ever actually implement the Command Intrinsic. DE Steve would act depressed and the all-important Digital Fighting Elite (thunder booms, the earth shakes, monster cola bubbles up from the earth as hot pockets rain from the sky) would pitch a reddit-crashing hissyfit and clog the forums with their bloated crying over not being treated like the masters of all they survey they believe themselves to be.

Also, AGGP might throw a hissy on Twitch, and we all know who DE actually listens to.

Who is Steve, DFE, and AGGP? And why would that upset them?

2 hours ago, DArthurVaderian said:

DE Steve is the Creative Director for Warframe, Digital Fighting Elite probably referring to the supposed Conclave players that demanded that the previous overturn DE's original idea to have the Untyped medallions be usable for Conclave (they weren't the fifteen or so folk I know actually play Conclave on a semi regular basis) and AGGP is one of the less savory Youtube Partners due to their bad often entitled real world attitude and hostility towards other players. There have been a few articles and youtube videos about it if you would like to learn more specific views about them.

• Like 1

Hey, peeps I wanted to propose some railjack UI changes regarding the tactical menu due to some frustration I've dealt with myself. These concerns became more relevant with the release of Scarlet Spear. 

1. The tactical menu map centering itself on your current location in the railjack. Now I know this sounds trivial, but hear me out. After getting rank 10 in engineering, I've been loving it, but I've noticed I've been unable to repair the back of the ship when at the helm. Because the map centers on your location and it can only show so much, there are times that you can't see a part of the ship or its covered by the health bars of your 4th ally. This is very specifically a problem when I'm piloting when the cargo bay is clipped off the map, and with it, the ability to repair things that far back. I propose that the map of the railjack in the tactical menu not move with your location and instead stay locked in place. Obviously other maps due to sheer size would still need to move with you. 

2. The inability to access your railjack map without anyone being on board. With playing Scarlet Spear and everyone always being off board, I've noticed that Anastasis cannot be used to its fullest potential. Alongside this, it's impossible to know what is going on in the ship without anyone being there. When you are off board, you can view the ship map and repair things if you look at the map through someone else's perspective that is on board. If this is allowed, why can we not view the railjack map directly from our own tactical menu? It would allow much more use from Anastasis, especially if playing alone. My proposition here is there be a button you can press in your tactical menu that allows you to view your railjack map no matter where you are. 

Thanks for reading!!! I hope DE sees this!! 

Edited by (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1
Typo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Barely anyone plays this anymore. DE you need to figure out how to not keep railjack as an island. In fact this applies to other content like liches as well. 

I'd have to disagree with this, mostly.

Would love to see numbers, but since last week or so I've returned to Railjack to play it a bit ( for no special reason, just something different to do ) and almost always I get people joining my squad, and often full squads come in. 

I actually expected to be mostly empty, now that a lot of people finished the content, but alas that wasn't the case.

What I do see, is when randomly trying to join a pub squad, most nodes have "0 squads", which is a bit weird considering that I almost always get people on board if I host. Maybe there's a bug somewhere? idk

Edited by Vit0Corleone

It would be nice to have permission locks for railjack features, if possible. I feel like having players that is fresh into doing railjack content and pressing random buttons, or activating tactical avionics/abilities can lead to frustration when you need that resource somewhere else (also making something like the Form up avionic to be rather risky to put in for example). As well as very easy to grieve or waste up ammunition/Flux. As well as for some railjack feature like the forge where you might don't want people to tamper it or have tighter grip over when or what to craft. Although I'm sure some people already voiced this.

Could we please get some Quality of Life oriented towards Codex Scanning Railjack Fighters/Crewships/etc. as well as normal units? Here are some suggestions:

1) Cut all space enemy scans down to 1.

2) Sell an Avionic from Simaris that scans enemies on kill.

3) Skip option 1 and 2 and just make all Railjack space enemies automatically scanned on spawn like Arena enemies in the Codex.

4) Reduce Pilot scans down to 5 please.

I finally decided to work on my Railjack enemies in my codex, and it is beyond tedious and annoying.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

I propose to add to railjack the ability to repair damage to the ship from the pilot's seat:
Add the option "repair" to the pilot interface with the choice of the type of repair damage.

• By pressing the button attached to the option, the repair of the selected type of damage happens, the omni resource is consumed.
  • By holding the button tied to the option, the type of repair damage is changing.

Sorry for my english. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kondor_007 said:

I propose to add to railjack the ability to repair damage to the ship from the pilot's seat:
Add the option "repair" to the pilot interface with the choice of the type of repair damage.

• By pressing the button attached to the option, the repair of the selected type of damage happens, the omni resource is consumed.
  • By holding the button tied to the option, the type of repair damage is changing.

Sorry for my english. 

This already exists, it's Engineering intrinsic level 10. You press L to access tactical menu, then click the damage/breach.

So now that's what happens when you try to exit a Crewship about to explode. Just stuck in nowhere and there's nothing you can do. Railjack is still so entertaining ! I'm so glad to loose my mission's progress for those funny bugs.

39D11EAF9C7C87A81E752808813C82BF29CE3D2A

General Railjack Feedback - 

I feel that the "bones" of Railjack are currently in a fairly good place, there is however no depth to it at all. There is great potential in Railjack, but it needs a great deal of fleshing out. 

I'd like to see more mission types added, including more missions that involve sentient forces. Mission types that involve defeating, or repelling enemy sentient forces

I'd like to see additional enemy ship types added. There should be enemy battleships, aircraft carriers, destroyers, etc. 

I'd like to see more avionics slots. NOT more avionic capacity, but additional slots that would provide for additional customization. 

I'd like to see Railjack loadout slots. Perhaps even three pre-defined, switchable, roles? Railjacks should be able to be customized so they would be better suited for, hopefully soon to be added, additional mission types. 

I envision a railjack being able to be customized to the point to be able to play as a certain role.

Want to outfit your railjack to be an archwing platform? You can do that by fitting avionics, perhaps even a new style of turret that cannot be manned, but that is a capable, automated close in defense system. Avionics would give the archwings a SIGNIFICANT boost. A Railjack outfitted in this manner is essentially an aircraft carrier, virtually zero offensive capability on its own. All offensive capabilities come from Archwings, which will be boosted significantly via loaded avionics. Enemy fighters should prioritize archwings as targets, rather than the Railjack. Archwings should be a far higher threat to the fighters than the Railjack, enemy fighters should be smart enough to recognize this fact. Crewships would still prioritize the Railjack as the target.

Railjack outfitted as fast frigates. Currently possible to a degree if you use all of the speed boost avionics, weapon avionics, but perhaps would need to sacrifice armor/hull. I'd like the Railjack speed to be buffed from what is possible now, but that would come at the expense of armor. The entire squad would need to be manning the railjack for the majority of any mission when outfitted in this fashion. Archwing would be ship to ship transport (boarding) only. 

Railjack Battleship/Battlecruiser - Big, Tanky, Lumbering, Huge guns to delete  enemy capital ships. (again hopefully additional enemy variety will be added) Current nose turret replaced by close in weapons defense system. Pilot now controls the Artillery. Fighters need to be handled by combination of battle avionics, and the automated defense system. Big guns allow you to hammer the missing defense platform to rubble so that its no longer firing missiles at you. The platform would could eventually repair itself a ground team would be required to silence it permanently. 

Railjack needs a lot of changes still, but if I had to pick ONE change I want to see ASAP in the mode: Make looting less of a pain in the butt.

Railjacks should have AT LEAST 1000m vacuum, and archwings at least 200m. Also make enemies drop their loot upon hitting 0 health instead of after they explode. The combination of extremely short pickup range together with enemies spiraling off hundreds of meters for a couple of seconds before exploding is really a double whammy of looting annoyance. And to really show how bad the looting in Railjack can get...

This is not ok.

Why.jpg

And for another change, it'd be nice if there was a way to scan enemies without having to use your scanner with an archwing. Maybe have the Particle Ram scan enemies you run into? I mean, there's the archmelee mod, but archmelee is essentially non-functional in Railjack missions.

• Like 2

In my honest opinion, Railjack is not that attractive due to the fact that it is heavy team focus, I am not saying it is not good, but the current event actually inspire me a path to solve this.

First, we cannot build a good game mode on top of a broken game mode. For broken game mode I mean Archwing, Archwing missions are very boring as it is not enjoyable, attractive, and fun. First thing I guess is to combine Archwing and Railjack together, this will also allow new players to have a early feeling (kind of) of Railjack.

First thing is I think we have to make Archwing Battle actually enjoy and fun to play. In Archwing most of the time players cannot keep track of enemies and to be honest....while aiming and firing while you are flying super fast sounds really cool, but it is so hard to pull off in game. I think this is one of the main reasons people stay away from Archwing missions currently. It is so hard to aim and play like a bad ass. Most of the players in Archwing just stand still and fire like a damn turret, it is really boring in my experience. 

How to fix this? We can create a semi-lock on feature. I just take Redpaws screenshot as a sample, great thanks.

UJRx61e.jpg

The blue circle will be the lock on radius, blue cross is the locked on target, red dot obviously is the target. The lock on will prioritize the enemy target closest to you and your cross-hair. There will be different tier of lock on, Blue Lock and Red Lock. You will lock on to an enemy when you aim down sight will right click as default and you will have to keep the target inside the radius and range to keep locking on.

• Blue Lock will make your gun fire towards the target, bullets will travel normally, Charging gunfires' aim WILL NOT follow the target, which means the enemies can avoid it by keep moving fast.
  • Red Lock will make your gun fire towards the target, however, bullets will 'homing' into the target to a certain degree, Charging gunfires' aim WILL follow the target, which means the player will much more likely to hit the target.
  • Different guns will have different Lock distance.
  • Melee attacks will also dash to and target the locked target in they are in range, 
  • If the target is too far away, lock on will be disabled.

By doing this, players can actually fly around quickly and attack their target simultaneously, which greatly improves the gameplay and encourages players always on the move. This also look pretty bad ass in my opinion!

Okay, back to Railjack.

Remember how Scarlet Spear 'links' ground team and railjack team together? This is my idea for how to combine Archwing missions and Railjack missions.

Archwing Missions:

• Solo missions, players will need to finish objectives solo with their Archwing and Warframe.
  • Example: Players will assault an enemy Ship and neutralize every enemies on board or hijack an enemy ship full of supplies and bring it back safely.
  • Has a chance upon finish to discover new Railjack Missions, these special missions are time limited like alerts.

Railjack Missions:

• Crew based missions, players will need a Railjack and 4 players on board to start the missions.
  • These missions will be similar to current Railjack Missions.
  • Has a chance upon finish to discover new Archwing Missions like alerts.

Further more, random alerts will spawn is a very low rate. Both Archwing and Railjack Missions rewards Intrinsics, current Archwing drops and Railjack drops

That's all I am going to say here, discussions and suggestions are always welcome! 

Edited by CrimsonBladeZeta
Something to add on
  • Like 1

The only feedback I can give is that why you delivered something that wasn't even remotely similar to what you showed at tennocon.

In fact, the tennocon presentation was a fake simulation, that means you blatantly lied to us..... Your players.... The players who play the only game you have.... Yeah, not a good idea.

Same thing with liches, but that's another topic

On 2020-04-17 at 6:57 AM, Chaemyerelis said:

Barely anyone plays this anymore. DE you need to figure out how to not keep railjack as an island. In fact this applies to other content like liches as well. 

Any thoughts on that? Or just deriding them for fun? Like.. what would you do to not make it, "an island," ..other than just put some it's resources across 4 other planets through different means?

On 2020-04-19 at 10:51 AM, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

The only feedback I can give is that why you delivered something that wasn't even remotely similar to what you showed at tennocon.

In fact, the tennocon presentation was a fake simulation, that means you blatantly lied to us..... Your players.... The players who play the only game you have.... Yeah, not a good idea.

Same thing with liches, but that's another topic

Would you like to explain further on this? Maybe give some evidence? 

Either rename the "Refine" button in the Raijack forges to "Troll" button, or get rid of that button entirely.

Pugs keep pushing that button and leaving us resourceless for making more munitions/omni and if we try confronting them about it, they try to incite us and make us angry at them for their amusement.

Literally all it's good for is trolling, even with the corresponding intrinsics unlocked the amount of extra resources gained from using it is worthless.

Imagine if someone in your party could decide at any point in time to turn all your pizzas into ferrite, that pretty much amounts to the feeling that button gives me.

Edit after some more thought:

To be honest when I try to pick feedback for this new game mode I find myself thinking two things right from the start: "Where do I begin?" and "Does this belong in bug reports?"

A few years ago you people at DE had to apologize for releasing a half-baked update, as in it was incredibly buggy and not feature-complete because you admitted it was rushed and came out a lot sooner than it should have.

This isn't as bad, but Empyrean is pretty close to it. Every time I play a railjack there's an endless stream of bugs I have to ignore, "I'll just fiddle around until I can move again" or "Oh look, half the turret station came with me when I teleported to check the forges, I guess that's harmless."

The vast majority of bugs in Empyrean are inexcusable, and the game mode is pretty independent from the rest of the game which means it's outdated pretty much as soon as everyone realizes there's little benefit in playing Empyrean. It's fun, but so are early access games on Steam. Early access games that have similar gameplay to Empyrean tend to be MUCH less buggy though, despite having a vastly smaller development team and no resources for QA whatsoever.

I believe DE has the resources necessary to release a game mode like Empyrean with far less bugs than it has right now, but you guys keep doing the same thing over and over again, trying to release before it's ready, hoping that nothing breaks, and then seeing a thousand things to fix. The best feedback I can give is to cool your jets and remember the promise you gave us years back that you wouldn't try to rush out unfinished content again.

At the very least by releasing content when it's done, instead of when you want to release it, we'll be able to give quality feedback instead of a thousand bug reports, and you'll be able to focus on fine-tuning the content instead of dealing with a thousand bug reports from people who don't understand what a "bug report template" is.

Edited by Sennera

On 2020-04-16 at 5:39 PM, DArthurVaderian said:

AGGPs is one of the partners. A small vocal minority of players don't like him because he is gay, and whine incessantly because they think he is getting special treatment.

On 2020-04-17 at 6:38 AM, Vit0Corleone said:

I'd have to disagree with this, mostly.

Would love to see numbers, but since last week or so I've returned to Railjack to play it a bit ( for no special reason, just something different to do ) and almost always I get people joining my squad, and often full squads come in. 

I actually expected to be mostly empty, now that a lot of people finished the content, but alas that wasn't the case.

What I do see, is when randomly trying to join a pub squad, most nodes have "0 squads", which is a bit weird considering that I almost always get people on board if I host. Maybe there's a bug somewhere? idk

My internet connection doesn't support P2P well, I can join squads but I can't host 3 P2P connections sadly. Thanks to this I'm stuck trying to hitch a ride with a host, it's pretty dead as others have been saying. I've been trying to get an intrinsic to level 7 so I can see if it's any different in the veil, but I'm lucky to get one serious railjack squad during a day of gameplay.

The content is cool but there are numerous drawbacks (long build times on upgraded components dropped, for example) and little integration into the base game. The rewards are a joke (outside the veil, though I don't know what drops there), as usual, but you spend a VERY LONG TIME fighting enemies to get just a single lith/meso relic, if that. Aside from that I guess a single weapon BP drops from the mode, but I don't know where.

Edit: Side-note that often I have to hijack a crew ship just because the turrets on the railjack are too underpowered to even scratch the paint off the Grineer ships. The build/repair times are a pain for everyone, more so than the weapon progression in the base game because the crew is dependent on the stats of the host, where in vanilla an undergeared host can be carried by the rest of the squad.

And how about if someone invests their resources in new turrets and ends up with the Blast 2.0 status effect? Now you can't hit the ships because every time you shoot them they go out of control and spin like crazy, making them impossible to hit, and the owner of the railjack has to farm resources to build ANOTHER set of turrets that does anything but that.

Edited by Sennera

First, I haven't played Warframe much lately.  When Railjacks were introduced I was interested in checking it out, but the quest hurdle dissuaded me and I soon forgot about it, going back to other games. 

I recently decided to check in on Warframe again to see what was new, and I remembered that I still hadn't seen any of this railjack stuff yet so I was still kinda curious to experience it.  I watched the dev stream (or part of it anyway) where DE said they reduced the crafting requirements for the quest line, I assumed this would make it easier to get into this new area of gameplay.  And it has been easier to do the quest, to a degree.  

But a big problem, IMHO, with the quest still remains:  these long crafting timers.  Just as I'm getting into the quest, Cephalon Cy says "ok now go away for 24 [now 6] hours before the next step".  Well, I don't play much Warframe these days, as I said.  So 6 hours becomes more like 6 days by the time I get around to giving Warframe another go, hoping to experience some new content.  5(?) times, I'm prevented from experiencing DE's new content, that they are apparently super-excited about and want to show off to everyone, by the structure of their own quest which could have had me find & craft all the parts in parallel instead and have a single timer (if one was absolutely necessary).

I've finally completed the quest line today, driven more out of stubbornness than any lingering excitement to finally experience Railjack content for the first time.  And I discover there's a whole new set of gear/equipment progression for the Railjack ship, which is both intriguing and a little overwhelming (since there's no manual included apparently, or I haven't found it yet).  I'm now quite interested (tentatively - still haven't actually played a railjack mission yet, I wanted to provide this feedback first) in continuing to engage with this particular game system. 

But honestly I'm still baffled as to why DE made it so difficult/annoying to get through this quest to experience their new content that they've evidently put a huge amount of work into.  Each time the forced crafting timer comes up during the quest is a new opportunity to lose player engagement.

23 minutes ago, Tuoweit said:

But honestly I'm still baffled as to why DE made it so difficult/annoying to get through this quest to experience their new content that they've evidently put a huge amount of work into.  Each time the forced crafting timer comes up during the quest is a new opportunity to lose player engagement.

Yup .. I don't understand why they kept the timers.

It made some sense initially, because while we spent a few days building the Railjac, they were finishing the rest of the content, so we sort of had something to do while waiting for them to release it. Nowadays .. it makes absolutely no sense.

23 minutes ago, Tuoweit said:

And I discover there's a whole new set of gear/equipment progression for the Railjack ship, which is both intriguing and a little overwhelming (since there's no manual included apparently, or I haven't found it yet).  I'm now quite interested (tentatively - still haven't actually played a railjack mission yet, I wanted to provide this feedback first) in continuing to engage with this particular game system. 

Be ready for a bit of a grind, and if you can, check some guides out before going heads in.

Also, be wary that the first experience with piloting and fighting with your Railjack can be a bit disappointing, since we start with a fairly week and slow as a snail ship. This might give you the wrong impression at early stages, but if you keep pushing on it eventually you will be blazing through missions obliterating enemy ships and completing objectives at a very fast pace ( more warframe-esque ).

For some reason DE thought it was a good idea to make us start so weak and slow, and this can easily leave a bad first impression if you aren't aware of the possibilities ahead or unwilling to put effort into progression.

Good luck with your journey!

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Also, be wary that the first experience with piloting and fighting with your Railjack can be a bit disappointing, since we start with a fairly week and slow as a snail ship. This might give you the wrong impression at early stages

Well you're certainly right about that - after 4 tries I'm still unable to beat the first mission.  

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned yet..... Please for the love of lotus, shift those hull breach nodes away from the ramsledge/splinter area. It is very depressing that mission failed because of it after all the hardwork. and also, those spawning node inside the walls as well is a problem.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya
  • Like 1

So could we get rid of the requirement the omni resource requirement? It seems silly to fail mission because of zero farming resources. I love the engineering aspect and I wish they would have kept the change ship config while in battle idea, but this grinding resources is what kills it. Just remove the resource requirement and keep the cooldowns.

• Like 2