Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Can you give us a proper tutorial

I don't even know the refine function and tactical menu until I read it on steam forum

Please tell us the key bounding on intrinsic ability like the boost one, you did it on boost why not other abilities, I still have no idea how to do archwing slingshot

A couple of UI concerns:

Ship heading indicator for turrets:
For a pilot sitting on a side turret, especially with Level 2 Gunnery where the ship body disappears, it's often very hard to tell which direction the ship is actually facing and what the pilot is trying to focus on. Please implement some kind of UI element which tells us the Railjack's relative heading and speed so we have some idea of what the pilot is doing. Inversely, please implement some kind of UI element into the Pilot's view to tell them where the side gunners (if any) are aiming. This could take the form of drawing the side gunners' reticles on-screen or implementing a simple Battlefield-style top-down indicator depicting the two guns aiming in 2D space. Anything to help me know what the side gunners are actually aiming at would be nice.

Waypoints outside the ship:
While I realise this is technologically complicated due to the "portal" technology used to draw the outside while sitting inside the Railjack, we still need to be able to mark things outside the ship from within the interior. This is important for side gunners marking loot for the pilot to pick up, the pilot marking ships for the side gunners to focus target on, the pilot marking Crew Ships for Archwing Slingshot boarding, side gunners marking boarder pods for focus fire, etc. Figure out a way to run a proper raytrace from inside the Railjack to a point outside the windows and let us drop waypoints, please. Bonus points if a Tac officer can then issue orders specific to the waypoint.

General feedback: lots of fun, but buggy

Feature requests/suggestions;

1. Pilot/Gunner positions should be able to waypoint resources and enemies

2. For railjack Components/Armaments we should be able to refund resources put to repair and scrap them.  As while you are contributing to repair, you could find a better version of the same component/armament.  Now you are left with a component that you either need to finish contributing to get rid of it(as you can't scrap it anymore), or leave it there for all eternity

19 hours ago, Mephane said:

This sounds really bad not just for solo players. Even in a full group, if the player piloting the Railjack doesn't fly to the item to pick it up, you're never going to get that loot then?

Even with the increased pickup range Garbage Scow Simulator 2019 gets old in a hurry.  

• Like 2

A change is needed for the Avionics Scrap Screen. As of right now when you hit scrap, it doesn't filter out what Avionics are equipped, or even notifies you that is equipped when you try to scrap either. Not with a prompt, or some sort of icon to differentiate what is equip and what isn't.

ok.... So I really really really feel like this was never even thought of as a single player experience. I am having MASSIVE networking issues and just want to play the damn update I have been waiting a year and a half for, only to have literally any mission I go in a cycle of little fighters that bring me down my ship, I repair, I kill boarded members, I repair because my ship is dead again, I kill boarded members, I lose the entire level, I earn nothing, I can't make my ship better. So far this has been super disappointing.

The optimal way to use the railjack is to... well, not really use it.

The optimal method is to use it as a troop carrier. Park it far away, while it sends the archwings in to do the real battling. Or if you *really* want to do ship to ship, steel a grineer crewship since it's immune to fighter weapons fire, missiles, mines, and so on.

I'm having fun with the update, but I do really wish I could actually use railjacks for fighting, instead of a liset with a longer transit time to the combat zone.

Edited by AllSystemsGo
  • Like 1

Rail jack weapons, parts and "mods" you find are RNG in how strong they are.

could you just not? we already did this S#&$ with liches

pretty soon we'll have relics for prime weapons that, when crafted, have RNG in how strong they are.

aww #*!% guys I crafted ivara prime, but shes only got 30% of her max possible energy, better buy another prime access.

stop it.

• Like 2

Missions really just need to end when complete. If the reason that isn't happening is so you can refine/pick up items, that needs to be changed so it auto-refines and picks up items at mission end. People don't really like scouring the system for longer than the mission takes for the drops anyway. The amount of times missions just don't seem to complete properly (host problems going to Dojo maybe?) or the host just not wanting to go to dojo is making me want to just ignore this content entirely until there is a solution. It's really frustrating.

• Like 1

The stats scaling on enemies in Railjack is absolutely ridiculous; Kosma counterparts to standard or comparable Grineer Units have 5-10x the base stats. So, Kosma units are like rank 60-80 pretending to be 20-30, and that's just lame.

Inflating Stats (and, linear stat scaling in general) is the least efficient and least engaging way to offer difficulty in a satisfying manner. It means only meta builds are viable, but meta builds are, almost by definition, not fun to use. Please, tone it back, be consistent, and try actually using some orthogonal game-design to provide difficulty.
If instead of just throwing all these tanky dudes at us, you had between 1-8 (based on sector rank and number of players in squad) elite units, with unique abilities (and some railjack affecting stuff) and slightly higher stats, along with 8-16 standard units, it'd be a better experience.

You need a balance between hard hitting / tanky enemies and the cannon fodder; the solution is not to turn all cannon fodder into the hard hitting / tanky class.

As well, converting arch-gun attacks to be projectile based was an incredibly questionable move. Seriously, try to hit anything with Corvas; you'll find that the projectile is too slow to catch any enemy, even the big and slow fighters. Likewise, it also seems the space enemies have the same stat scaling problem, where everything BUT Railjack weaponry inflicts only marginal damage.

For rewards, the RNG is a nightmare. Randomized stats is absolute cancer, it wasn't acceptable with Rivens and Kuva Weapons, it's not acceptable now. And it's absolute insanity what I seem to be expected to put up with to get Shedu parts. A mission that lasts thirty minutes, that only shows up every two hours, for an extremely marginal chance of even getting one part, let alone duplicates. I have yet to get a single one, after playing as many of the Anomaly alerts as I possibly could in the time I have for it.
Which, might not have been so bad, if Railjack wasn't so incomplete and buggy.

Overall, unfortunately, I'm not really impressed by Empyrean thus far. This was all too soon and not thought out enough; the typical problem. You should have waited for everything to be ready all at once, instead of dissecting it. And if you really couldn't keep it together for as long as it needed, perhaps that says a lot about whether or not any of it should have been done in the first place.

Edited by Krion112
  • Like 6

Okay so. My first impressions on Railjack are... mixed. The thing itself, when it works? It's super fun actually. I like players being able to do different things, and piloting/gunnery seems to work good. I haven't gotten too far into Intrinsics so I can't give too much of an opinion on them (And there's a separate thread for it anyway) but I do like a suggestion I saw for there to be a separate Archwing intrinsic category. And actually while we're at it can we have intrinsics for the rest of the game too? For boosting warframes/weapons without mods like we were told Focus was gonna be before it just became Making Your Kid Less Garbage Simulator with an occasional scrap thrown at a frame?

Anyway, on to my criticisms.

Firstly, mission ending. Currently 'mission ends' on a railjack are so damn janky it's not even funny. A results screen will pop up and then vanish, then pop up again later and need to be closed manually. When do mission rewards and such actually get confirmed anyway?

The vague and misleading way the ship's inventory works is also really unhelpful. You NEED to differentiate 'Ship Inventory Itemget' from 'Player Inventory Itemget'. Just getting an identical bloop on the left doesn't help. Did we just pick up something, or did someone just refine some stuff? WHO KNOWS. Change the Ship Inventory pickup alert for the love of god. Also on a side note it'd be nice if you could check the Ship Inventory from the Tactical window. You gotta be able to see that stuff from somewhere other than the forge itself, especially since the Forge needs those parazon animations to open or close. Yes they're pretty but I got things to do like not getting blown up.  Furthermore, having more control over Refining would be nice rather than just 'Literally everything'

And as always, you've completely beansed actually teaching people about how any of your new content works, except it's worse this time because of how complex it is. Please for the love of god, even just Cy giving you a tour of the ship and explaining S#&$ would help a LOT. There's so many people who don't even know where the Forge is because rather than a nice obvious console it's four easily-missable little booplets on the floor.

You've got something promising here, DE! Don't heck it up! Clear up the bugs then hop to ironing out some of this massive jank

Everything is way too slow, particularly time to kill. Often have to spend a really long time just flying around with nothing happening.

Engineering related activity are extremely dull.

The railjack itself is more of a liability than anything else.

The mission should end immediately when done, and autorefine.

The cost on repair are ridiculous, and on top of that the stats are random, which feel extremely scummy.

There needs to be a clearer and better way to leave a crew when a mission is done.

Edited by Sargrak

How about making mods on archwings mean something? I can't get into an enemy ship without sticking my face up its butt, and even then I die while trying to get back into the damn Railjack because you force me to fly to one of the tiny doors in very specific locations while I am desperately trying to not get hit by the homing missiles that EVERY ENEMY SHIP HAS AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF.

• Like 1

Yeah, ngl, this just feels like a waste of resources and time. And I mean that in terms of the resources and time I dumped into making the ship, as well as the Dev resources and time, and time spent actually playing it.

Movement
Feels... incredibly boring, and incredibly janky at the same time. You're either chugging forward or sitting there. The crosshair affects ascending/ descending/ turning far too easily, and yet it still moves too slowly to allow for any kind of decent aim. You end up either chugging or spinning in place. If the crosshair isn't right up against one of the corners or very top or bottom of the screen, it shouldn't have any effect on the ships trajectory.

Payload
This is just stupid. Go and hunt down a bunch of eximus units and mine (while spots still aren't spawning correctly on Fortuna) for a bunch of stuff that you need to burn just to use basic functions of the ship, while also being needed to craft new parts for the ship. The fact that just putting out all of 5 fires will burn pustrels and cubics is a joke, considering that that's an integral part of the mission. Give the fire extinguisher infinite charges, put the other three on cooldowns that you can decrease by leveling/ modding. And that's coming from someone who despises the idea of cooldowns in any game in general, but it's better than eating resources that could be put to better use elsewhere.

I'll probably mess around with it some more, but the idea of this being integrated into story quests or being "the future of Warframe"... no. Just no. The main run and gun gameplay is what got me into the game, not anything else. Archwing has always been a point of contention for the playerbase, and this just feels like a worse, more time intensive, high resource grind-for-nothing-because-you-just-burn-them version of Archwing. 

• Like 1

The pay wall for ship parts is just insane, for reparing any mk2 parts you will need 7000 carbides and 8750 Copernics. These are ‘farmable' resources which would drop around 800 on saturn railjack missions when you have resource booster, each one of the mission will take around 25 minutes and guess what? All of the resources could be replaced by a 50P drone. Also, when you figure it out it is totally a waste of time and decided to use a drone on it, it does not allow you to use because you have already donated even 1 credit.

I think such 'cool features' should have been tested seriously before you place a advetisment on tga. Don't you know why there is no more best ongoing for you?

• Like 2

Doesn’t fit anywhere else so:

Is nobody going to talk about the archguns?

It’s not the stats that feel bad. It’s the projectile speed.

I understand that the concern was that hitscan archguns would remove any need for the turrets. But two problems:

1. Falloff does not exist in space. Newton’s first law states that an object in motion remains moving at a constart speed unless something else exerts a force on it, but in a weightless vacuum there aren’t any forces. It feels awful and makes no sense.

2. Projectile flight speed. Oh god.

Literally make the turrets hitscan as well. Half the time you’re pursuing a moving target and most of your ammo is spent not on killing the target but shooting into space because you’re faster than your own guns. It’s just not fun at all.

• Like 3

Why is there a 3 second cooldown on Operator mode?  This isn't a relay.  There should be no cooldown at all, just like normal missions everywhere else.  You're pressed for time to do everything.  You can't waste time standing around in operator mode, waiting for an arbitrary 3 second cooldown to finish so you can get back in your frame and do anything else.

RNG wreckage stats are hot garbage.  Seriously.  It's despicable design that promotes unhealthy behavior and is unrewarding in the long run.  The better your stuff gets, the more and more of your loot is going to be worthless junk.  Rivens and Lich weapons were bad enough.  It shouldn't be extended to what amounts to the Railjack equivalent of a warframe's base stats.  Why are these RNG stats to begin with if they're 1 - not tradeable, 2 - limited in quantity (only ~30 tops), and 3 - negligibly different from basic researched items?  What's the point of RNG Mk1 components that cost 2x as much as the researched Mk1 components, if the RNG variants are basically the same potency, take just as long to fix as to research, and are worse than all researched Mk2 variants?  It's grind for the sake of grind, and it's not even linearly progressive!

Refinement should happen automatically at the end of the mission.  I'm sick of losing resources and the like because someone forgot.

What's the point of special damage types for this?  These damage types literally do the exact same things as other damage types in the rest of the game, you've simply changed the names and swapped the effects around.  That's needlessly complicated and confusing and adds absolutely nothing to the enjoyment of the game.  Also, did you know that all plasmas are ionic, by definition?

Baseline railjack maneuverability, damage output, and durability are pathetic.  You're better off departing and soloing the entire mission in your archwing.

Archgun (and railjack turrets) damage is pitiful, even with rivens against light fighters that are comparable to archwing enemies, nevermind larger ships.  Projectiles with flight speed is one thing (and in this case, the projectile speed is a little too low), but damage fall-off for a ballistic weapon in the vacuum of space is dumb.  There's nothing to slow down the ballistic projectile, so where is its energy going?  Speaking of enemies, where are all the archwing enemies?  There are plenty of larger archwing ships that would fit in just fine in these battlefields, so why are they excluded?

The avionics UI is muddled and confusing af.  I accidentally scrapped a really good mod because I thought it was a crappy version of the same thing.  All of the items look the same.  There's not enough information available at a glance when looking at your collected mods.  Why are there no indicators for current vs max possible rank on each mod, like you see at a glance with normal warframe and weapon mods?  When viewing your collection, the numbers that denote a mods rank are pretty much identical to the numbers that denote how many copies of that mod you have.  "Is that 8 copies of rank 0 hull fiber, or 1 rank 8 copy of a good version of hull fiber?"  Can you guess how I accidentally destroyed my expensive, nice mod?!  This is just a modding interface, so why is it such a pain in the butt to use?  It's like you decided to re-invent the wheel with a "revolutionary" new square shape!!!  Doesn't it look nice with those right angles and flat sides?!

Where are all of the Railjack combat avionics?  Not a single one has dropped anywhere on earth.  Without any special abilities, the railjack may as well be a 50 foot sailboat, armed with nothing but a super soaker, being driven by oar power, on land, in a fight against M1A1 tanks and dudes on motorcycles with machine guns. 

Bugs...  So many freakin bugs.  Please don't leave this in this state for the next month.  Scripts fail constantly, everything falls apart.  The premise of being able to go mission to mission would be great if script failures didn't carry over and pile up into a total dumpster fire of bugs.  Even worse is losing ALL of your accumulated loot from multiple missions because of bugs, or not returning to the dojo, or whatever. 

Edited by Guest

So I noticed something when I was looking at some of my repairable items:

Vidar Shield Array Mk I: +128 shield capacity

Sigma Shield Array Mk I:  +200 shield capacity

Zetki Reactor Mk I:  +5 avionics capacity

Sigma Reactor Mk I:  +10 avionics capacity

Why are the significantly more expensive items objectively inferior to the research ones?

Okay Bear,
Ive played Railjack almost 20 hours in a Row and here is my few cents of Feedback.

Hehe is what i like:
The Missions, the variety of things we can do, the new stuff that comes with the update and all the lovely work you put in there.

Here is what i do not like:
No explanation how things work and why are we here.
I mean there is no Lore explaining what i am doing for whom and most of the game mechanics from Empyrean are unexplained too.
-
Then i dislike being randomly 1 shot when leaving the Railjack while my screen still fades the image in.. means sometimes i spawn out of the jack and am death right away...
( if that is intended please remove revive cap...random sudden death is to much for just 5 revives...)
-
In railjack missions Melee is either broken or nerfed, i don't know but i have primed fury and berserker on my sword which is usually very fast, but since Empyrean, at least in Railjack missions its is slow and deals nearly no damage ... can we have clarification why this is and if its intended .. please don't keep it that way?!
-
Octavia is completely broken, sometimes it loads my songs sometimes its just the default one... ive no idea how to even play her anymore like this.

That said i love the update, it just needs those tweaks and fixes asap.

Okay. After playing about a day and a half worth of Empyrean, I think it's about time for some constructive albeit brutally honest feedback.

Let me start off what is likely going to be a moderate wall of text with this. I didn't feel the need to try playing with a public group, because I honestly wanted to put my merits / expertise in Warframe to the test. I've only played by myself for about 20 hours. And thanks to a glitch that made my Empyrean invincible for whatever reason, allowed me to clear all nodes on Earth Proxima alone, and 3/4ths of the nodes in Saturn Proxima (it started getting pretty ridiculous solo). A crash to desktop took my invincible bug away, and I really started to feel the burn once enemy levels in the zone got to 60-70.

First impressions are super important. And Railjack is visually impressive. But what it manages to do by taking your breath away, it really squanders in the logistics side of things.

Here's something I don't quite understand. When your Archwing / Archgun of choice are substantially better out of the gate than the entire reason this update exists (and what it was named after), why the hell is the base Railjack so damn underpowered compared to the enemies you face? It almost encourages either camping with your extinguisher out for those sweet invincibility frames, or hiding the Railjack behind or inside of a perfectly sized Asteroid while you go to work in Archwing.

Before you can start upgrading (which I assume would level the playing field a bit later game, hopefully.) you either need to research better components, or hunt them down off of enemies in the mode as random drops. The problem with this is the insanely high build / repair requirements on some of these components.

Let me give you some examples on that.

1. In my time in Saturn, I got quite a few MK II drops for Turrets / Shield Arrays, etc. The problem with this is that I've spent a good 20 hours farming, and I only have about half the total resources to build just ONE specific component. That's for a MK II. I can only imagine what the requirements are for a MK III.

2. Why the hell did you introduce a way to instantly repair and shove it into the Market? Are the resource requirements so high on these items to encourage players to shell out some platinum to get better components NOW rather than put themselves thru 20 or more hours of grinding? You tell me. That's just the feeling it gives off, and it doesn't feel good.

Moving on a bit. I want to talk about something else.

Arch-Guns in Archwing mode:

• All hitscan Archwing weapons converted to projectile when in space.
    ^ What exactly was the reasoning behind this change?

Like look, I get it. It'd be super easy to gun down enemies with a Hitscan Imperator Vandal. But was this change just implemented for the sake of making some of the hitscan Turrets on the Railjack more appealing? Like really? If I've got to save up on thousands of Carbides, Copernics, Diodes and Pustrels and all other resources for some somewhat decent Railjack weaponry / components, while working my way off the starting gear, I sure as hell ain't going to be using the base Turrets against level 20-30 ships (which feel like level 80-90 enemies in retro Archwing mode, by the way. the stat scaling is atrocious on its own but damn.)

Again I know Solo is not the way to finish off all Railjack content. But before I even attempt some of the harder areas I have got to get my hands on MK III stuff. And that means more parking the Railjack behind an asteroid and using Weapons and Archwing abilities that completely outshine the base Railjack until I can work my way up to MK III.

Because why in the bloody HEK would you waste resources on MK I or MK II stuff when you know there is better stuff out there. It's disincentive to upgrade anything on your Railjack until you have the best possible items available. And since there's nothing like Mastery tied behind Turrets or specific components like Reactors or Shield Arrays (as far as I know) there is literally no reason not to do this.

So all in all. And I apologize for this wall of text.
I wanted Railjack to be good, I really did. And I know I'm missing out on a key component of it by not playing in a party. But gosh darn it, I'm a lone wolf at heart. I cannot recommend this mode in the long term as it stands, especially when the core of Warframe is what I fell in love with back in March of 2013. Moving forward, I'd really like to see some economy changes, and a reason or a purpose for the Railjack besides a weaker-than-my-Archwing, bullseye on a barn, Resource Vacuum (and not the pleasant kind).

Overall I'm a bit disappointed in the execution of this update. It feels like it was rushed. And I really wanted the Command Intrinsic to make it. It has potential for sure, but there are quite a few things holding it down, at least in my eyes.

That's it.
Thanks for reading if you got this far.

I'm only this verbose because I'm passionate. I don't hate the game, just areas of it.
I only want it to improve. But Empyrean needs some more time before it can.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Squad link/Integration with game, e.g. standard sabotage but transit into railjack where, it’s separate

Pointless grind though at least it’s fun

It’s isolated and people who’re new 

to the game are everywhere in the matchmaking

- lock behind Rising Tide?

Tone down enemy gun dmg, archwings and railjack are basically wet tissue paper.

Half the time we fail because we’re out of revolite. Reduce costs pls, or reduce hull breaches

Bugs: 

Phantom Eye causes ship to become invisible sometimes save for doors

Boarding is wonky - Aw mode indoors, stuck in ship, etc

I’ll just address one thing that most people are talking about: the scope of empyrean, when it was presented at TennoCon, was far broader than what we got. It’s what captivated most of us.

It was presented, along with Squad Link (where is that, by the way?) as a bridge connecting the entirety of the game. What we got? Archwing 2.0. It’s not great, because it’s just another layer of grind with zero purpose outside of its own system.

There’s plenty of time to rectify this, of course, but railjack non functionality in space areas (Galleons) and open worlds makes the expansion lost what was its biggest selling point: connections, and a fun mini game of power management got replaced by a lot of sitting around and looking at four screens endlessly. And I think that, instead of new flashy stuff, this interconnectedness could be the subject of next years TennoCon.

Auto refining on clicking and extracting to drydock? The flow of missions is mostly great in the Railjack, but losing all 1k+ resources from a session because the refine button isn’t obvious enough is annoying. Remove that and make it automatic, always.

At least, include our standard resources, and also buff archwing weapons back to their former state damage wise. Fix the turrets’ power up to match, since they never were that powerful to begin with: I’m thinking 10 shots from an Apoc ought to put an enemy down, on Earth Proxima, tops. Any more and it feels excessive. Even better yet, slight damage re-buff, but increase flight speed by tenfold, because at the moment I can outrun my own bullets. And that’s not how it works.