Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Sorry for the weird font, copied from mobile notes. Also, could we see more unique objective combinations other than “kill everything”? It’s getting old clearing Kosma units again and again, there’s no point to it, little variety. Have two objectives to sabotage in a mission maybe?

Rivens were a trash tier system because of the random magnitudes on stats. Then DE added Kuva Weapon dummies that take 2-3 hours to knock over for weapons with random stats, and it was a garbage truck. Now they've added a massive fully realized new game mode with RNG on everything, and it's the whole municipal dump. I'm starting to really question if DE is interested in making a game that I want to play. Because this nonsense right here? This isn't it. There's a lot of things to like about Railjack, but get your ship in order DE, this endless RNG stat grind abomination is disgusting, and the opposite of everything that I love about Warframe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

A change is needed for the Avionics Scrap Screen. As of right now when you hit scrap, it doesn't filter out what Avionics are equipped, or even notifies you that is equipped when you try to scrap either. Not with a prompt, or some sort of icon to differentiate what is equip and what isn't.

Yeah, at the very least it needs to show which ones are equipped. Additionally, we should be able to lock or mark as favourite, so that an unequipped one would be filtered out as well in the scrap screen.

9 hours ago, 0Midas0 said:

Then maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean. If you mean that the turret just moves with the vehicle (it railjack turns 45 degrees left and the gunners view moves with it), then no, thats an awful system. If you mean the turret rotates counter to the movement of the vehicle (railjack turns 45 and the gunner turns the opposite so that the gunners reticle stays on target) then thats how it currently works.

it gets really complicated that they end up creating two styles of Gunner view. it would simplify things considerably if the omnidirectional view was default, and getting rid of the non Sci-Fi view entirely. as what fits one of these types of views, does not fit the other.
that really backs them into a lose-lose corner.

• Like 2

Trying to fire a gun while the pilot jukes and dodges is nauseating, FYI.  I'm trying to keep a steady bead on my target, plinking away with this gun that doesn't do much damage while the camera spins ALLLLL around and I end up still firing the gun, while staring at the floor of the ship.  I think I'll just let anybody else do the damage while I run around and patch holes.  (Since most people seem to ignore them so they can go off on their archwing)

How does saving progression works with railjack? I'm not getting all the rewards even after going back to the drydock. I can tell because one of my weapons should have been maxed out from the bonus affinity at the end of the mission. But it ends up at lvl 29 when I check it after.

Being unable to select a slot for your Omnitool in the gear wheel is not very helpful. It makes it impossible to hotkey and when you have 28+ items in your gearwheel it makes equipping something crucial far more time consuming than it should be.

Edited by AlphaRhonin
spelling
  • Like 1

Tried the first mission. Bugged out with no ressources. You know guys, First impression and so on, So i wont bother with the gamemode in the future, same with liches. 

And if Railjack becomes mandatory for story progress i will deinstall Warframe and go elsewhere with my money. You lost already the next 3 Prime Access i would have bought with this last 2 updates.

I'll break down mine into 3 criterias

User Interface, Costs, Difficulty

User Interface:

Issue: Arsenal - I think this should be removed from the railjack since it also conflicts with the Observatory Room's arsenal and sometimes casues a glitch when fast traveling inside the Railjack and making you unable to use the Navigation of the railjack, also a glitch when the dojo does not have a Navigation Room constructed.

Suggested Solution: Arsenal should instead be able to be constructed and placed manually by players but only one can be constructed.

Issue: Forge Bays - they have a very small area to be able to interact with the forge terminal. You have to be standing very close and exactly infront of it to bring up the menu.

Suggested Solution: Increased Interaction Range: if its interaction range can be expanded similar to room consoles I think it would be easier to access especially during crucial times when crafting Revolite and there's 3 breaches and you only have 40s remaining to craft and you waste 10s moving to position to bring up the Forge and another 2 seconds to click-hold to craft Revolites.

Issue: Forge Bay resource cap - 200 is quite small

Suggested Solution: if we have to refine all at once 200 is small, but unless we can refine each resource instead that could be more manageable
OR have an increased payload capacity (which I'm not yet aware if there's an existing avionics to increase payload capacity)

--

Costs:

Issue: Cost of Upgrades - Pustrels and Cubic Diodes seem very high for MK1 parts, mainly because they don't drop often during missions, while I understand that this could be intentional so that other players don't burn through the content, but  seeing how I've not even reached Saturn Proxima and yet the costs are already this high would seem to steeply increase skill requirement for other players to clear higher proxima nodes/sectors and expect a heavy grind.

Suggested Solution: Create mining-type missions: and not just Pustrels or Cubic Diodes. please please please also include Ferrites, Rubedos, Titaniums, Cryotics and Oxium to be able to be mined in space.

1 player to pilot the railjack and "catch" rocks 1 player to manage the incoming resources and refine them and 1-2 players to use drills.

--

Difficulty

Issue: First Mission's difficulty :

It feels that the Posit Cluster's enemies hit the railjack too hard and it gets hull breach too many times, burns easily, gets electrical issues, just... all too often.supposedly this should be an introduction for players to this kind of teamwork.

This might discourage players at a certain point of view. (Since I've had experience to similar games like Strike Suit or Everspace where you're only focused on piloting it's not that difficult to adapt the movement BUT if you're new to this similar kind of gameplay. you could feel nauseous or frustrated )

also some players I've formed a squad with had no idea that they're given an Omni Tool during Railjack missions.

Something crucial hasn't been explained properly, it could've explained by Cephalon Cy at a given situation which was probably I've skipped or disregarded when I was piloting the ship.

Suggested Solution: Can spawn dummy targets on Free Flight  mission

Cephalon Cy would ask the player if s/he wants enemies spawned for target practice and also a scenario when it comes to hull breaches and repair.

--

Edited by Stipz
Tactical Map didnt show up on mind. so removing a section of my post

currently im smitten with railjack all things considered with only one exception as of now:

acces and use of navigation.

could it be possible to male navigation accesible by everyone and then use a slightly modified version of the vote system?

as in a squad member selects a mission and everyone votes, once all votes are cast, those who agree stay on the ship and everyone else returns to the orbiter/ dojo.

if the squad leader disagrees then the host will switch to a player who wants to do the mission and has a railjack while the original host stays in their current mission and can continue.

not sure how well that would work since this is just a spur of the moment fix but it is still better than loosing the mission because the host died,

The "scrap avionics" interface is really bad. I shouldn't have to hover over each stack of avionics to see what it is, please put the name/rank/max rank/etc right on the tile rather than in a hover box.

Also, it needs some way to mark mods that are currently installed.

Edited by motorfirebox

Refining:

Remove refining. What are the benefits of it? What is is supposed to achieve? I tired to search but couldn't find anything, only more people supporting the idea to remove it.

It's been said here already, host ends mission and there is no time to refine, trolls, no partial refine, bugs, host migrations, administration and not play. All it does is exacerbate these issues.

Bugs in the last 30mins:

Missing railjacks on the inside

unknown.png?width=1005&height=560

unknown.png

Infinite falling in missions, unable to unstuck

unknown.png?width=988&height=559

Also, the near constant insta death when exiting ships now is stupid

I think that HUD should not show exact location of Leaks, Fires and, especially, Bombs.

Make it circle.  Circle size would reduce with "engineering" level.

I tried playing with no HUD (got bugged) and it makes those obvious hazards real dangerous and intimidating.  Like...Try to find a Bomb with no HUD icon.  It was intense.  I quite liked it. 

No other complains atm.   I enjoy Projectile weapons and all that.  Its really well made....but has a fucton of bugs. Releasing it on friday was a mistake.

IMO the ship damage system needs a rework, I find it rather stupid how there's basically no punishment for getting your ass handed to you as long as you seal hull ruptures.

My suggestion:

- Each time you get a rupture, a 'Severe Damage' -mark is added.

- 15 seconds are reduced from the failure timer for every mark you've accumulated. If you have 4 marks and the ship gets ruptured again, it's an instant failure

- One mark is removed for each 60 seconds of the ship surviving without ruptures

- Base HP and shields of the ship should be buffed to compensate

Edited by Guest

I will probably sound like a jerk with this feedback, but here are my thoughts for Empyrean.

1. Fix the host migration bugs, every single time some potato host is hosting everything goes to hell after, bugs, crashes, etc...

2. I hate the fact that we need a squad just to play, barely anyone is online to join a mission, not to mention recruit chat being "I don't care about Railjack missions" and are only interested in their own gains so there is no help from the recruit chat.

3. What is up with the dmg of those fighters? I mean, come one, not only do they have massive damage we have toothpicks to fight them with.

4. The Omni Gear tool needs to be free and infinite uses, legit sometimes there are barely any resources to make the thing so we can repair the Railjack (I have been the repair man every single time, so please address this asap) and on top of that, sometimes it just doesn't count when we collect resources. Or better yet, reduce the cost of repairs with the Omni Gear tool, this isn't balanced nicely.

5. Everything is slow, (not to mention the crazy amount of resources need to make everything), how will we progress if there isn't any solo gameplay available? As I sad in 2. this isn't good, we NEED solo gameplay, many low mastery players will have problems finding a squad just to finish the missions in the future. This is not the best concept of gameplay and we need solo gameplay, just for the fact that we need to finish all of this.

6. This is a nice change, but it needs a lot of work, first as I said SOLO gameplay is a must, more resource drops. Why do we even have the vacuum thing on the railjack and archwing? Just make it that when we kill something we get the resources and mods, its kind of hard to see them in space.

And thats it from me, its a fun concept, but it needs more work, especially for solo gameplay.

Cheers!

Hull Breach with Fire makes no sense.

Hull Breach drains oxygen from the room - which would extinguish the fire. 

4 hours ago, xDangerCatx said:

Trying to fire a gun while the pilot jukes and dodges is nauseating, FYI.  I'm trying to keep a steady bead on my target, plinking away with this gun that doesn't do much damage while the camera spins ALLLLL around and I end up still firing the gun, while staring at the floor of the ship.  I think I'll just let anybody else do the damage while I run around and patch holes.  (Since most people seem to ignore them so they can go off on their archwing)

You need the Gunnery Skill that tracks shot for you. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

The biggest problem right now is the flow between missions.

The Navigation console and everything else seems perfectly set up for us to chain missions in a session, and it feels really great to not have to go back into a loading screen between missions - it's fun, it's fast, and it's immersive.

But a few things are fighting that right now:

1. Having to Refine at the end of the mission. Mostly this seems to be the result of bugs since according to the Patch Notes resources over the ship cap should go into player inventory, and at the end of a mission it should all be emptied into player inventory automatically without hitting Refine, so that's not a huge deal. Although once it does work that way, there's no reason for Refine to exist at all - the only purpose it serves then is the ability for new players/griefers to accidentally/purposefully Refine resources during the mission and deprive you of the things you need to make Revolite, Dome Charges, etc.
  2. Flying around collecting all of the items at the end feels pretty bad. Empyrean is fun. I want to go jump into the next mission, not spend five minutes flying around vacuuming up resources. (This also creates player conflicts if someone wants to spend that time and others want to go to another mission.)
  3. The ship has an arsenal, but we can't use it even after the end of a mission when there are no more enemies! We have to go all the way back to the dojo...where we already have an arsenal anyway!
  4. There's no simple way to resupply the ship between missions without going back to the drydock.

The way it should work:

1. Resources over the in-flight cap get shunted into mission rewards, as in the patch notes.
  2. Upon mission success, resources stored in the ship get shunted into mission rewards, as in the patch notes.
  3. The Refine button should be removed because, with those two things, it doesn't do anything useful.
  4. Upon mission success (when you're still in the zone and there are no enemies), remove the Forge cooldowns and make them draw from player inventory instead (since upon mission success, all of the ship resources go into mission rewards, like the patch notes say), so we can resupply between missions without going back to the Drydock. Alternatively, if it's possible, just put a Railjack loadout console like the Drydock console inside the ship (and lock it during missions until all objectives are complete), which would also help with spending intrinsics.
  5. Upon mission success (when you're still in the zone and there are no enemies), the Arsenal should become usable so we can change loadout between missions.
  6. Something should be done about picking up materials after mission success. Maybe replace the Refine button with a "scavenger drones" button that doesn't work during combat, but at the end can go grab all the remaining stuff (maybe for only a fraction of the total value, which would still be well worth it if it were faster). It should put that remaining stuff in player inventories, not in the ship (the ship's inventory should remain empty between mission success in one mission and the start of the next).

(Enemy crew ships also probably shouldn't be able to fire once everyone aboard is dead. This would also incentivize actually clearing the ships out rather than just blowing the reactor and immediately leaving.)

Edited by Modus-Pwnens

Railjack sensitivity (piloting, gunnery) and Slingshot use the same Railjack Sensitivity setting, but operate differently:

qS3WPze.png

When Piloting/In a turret, it acts as a multiplier for the general Look/Aim/Scoped sensitivity - setting those all to 50% makes the sensitivity about 1:1 as anywhere else in the game.

However, when in Slingshot, it acts independently of the general sensitivity settings - to achieve equal to other modes sensitivity in Slingshot, the player would have to set Railjack Sensitivity to those same values as anywhere else - but this in turn would make Piloting/Gunnery sensitivities different.

tl;dr

Railjack Sensitivity is a multiplier of the general sensitivity while on the ship, but works as an independent value while in Slingshot.

• Like 1