Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Possible improvements to Empyrean, in my opinion

• Adding a HUD element when piloting or using a gun that indicates problems on the ship: flames, breaches, enemies... Right now if you are shooting for example, you have no idea what is happening on the ship, and thus have no idea when your help is needed. Same thing when in archwing, but at least there it makes sense. The lines from Cephalon Cy are often not enough, as he says things in the middle of battle, or sometimes has so many things to say that he either tells you about the problem too late, or you just tune out his (its?) voice. The only hud element is the 1 minute countdown when a major breach happens (which by the way can be confused with the countdown for a crewship reactor to explode if you are invading a crewship).
  • Allowing avionics and intrinsics being changed on the railjack if not in a mission (aka drydock, or the space area when you teleport to your railjack from your orbiter). If not, a player that gets in his/her railjack from the orbiter has to go back to the drydock anyways if wanting to do anything.
  • Improving the Forge visibility. This can be done by either making it clearer that you can interact with it, as you don´t necessarily look down when passing by, or by adding small icons on the map for the different objects of the ship: forge, lateral guns, central guns, archwing slingshot, etc.
  • Better explanation on how to destroy crewships. As of right now I've seen many players try to destroy the crewships by just shooting at them because no real in-game information tells you to do otherwise. This will be solved when content creators start making videos, but the game shouldn't rely on that source of information. Even when you have boarded the crewship, nothing tells you what you can and have to destroy. the reactor is just one more object in the scene, and could be part of the scenery.
  • Improve loot visibility: the loot dropped by enemies in railjack are small blue glows, and small yellow-ish glows. None of these makes it easy to find and pick up against the sky/earth background (I haven't gone further yet), even less so while in combat. I know this is not easy to do while not bombarding the screen with visuals, but right now you have to wait to finish the mission to have a clear view of the drops, and even then it's a chore because there are no visual aids to find where ships were destroyed, and it is not engaging gameplay.

There are a few more, but this are a few major ones for me so far. The biggest one being the HUD elements, as it would help for better teamwork: right now gunners don't know when they should stop gunning and start taking care of the ship status unless a teammate takes the time to write it in chat (or using the tactical intrinsics, which is Cephalon Cy again).

Thanks for the update, and hope everything goes well on your side,

Niko aka Red Tesseract.

Edited by Red_Tesseract
  • Like 1

Space between missions

Right now, Railjack is missions something vital - a state where the current mission has been complete, but the team has not yet embarked on a new mission. Basically, it's missing what the Orbiter used to represent. It's also missing a time when the crew can swap gear, upgrade items and work on their Intrinsics. And no, going to the Dry Dock in the Dojo is not a good option because it's a long loading screen. I propose an alternate option:

At the end of a mission, players would need to "Extract" before a new mission can be selected. Extraction would require everyone to be on-board and put the Railjack in a permanent Void Jump - that tunnel with the white miasma in the background. Put players in non-combat mode so they can access the Arsenal, let them access their Intrinsics, maybe add a few more Orbiter consoles as well (Market, Foundry, Void Relics). Once in Void Jump, the Navigation console can be interacted with again to select a new mission. This would put players back into Combat Mode and warp to the new instance. And make mission selection require a consensus vote, the same as it does for everything else.

This way, you allow the team to end the current mission without starting a new one immediately and you allow some time for build tweaks.

Railjack takes millions of credits to build, not to mention the piles of resources. The missions are more difficult than most of content in game, at least in that they require far more attention and fast responses.

So why in the world the mission rewards include things like 1000 Rubedo or 3000 credits cache? This kind of non-rewards is bad enough elsewhere, but in Railjack content there is really no place for them. They need to go. Yesterday.

As it is, it is far more efficient to just fly around after a single mission and gather stuff than it is to do the actual missions. It's more space scavenger than space pirate.

• Like 6

After a considerable amount of playing railjack here is my list :

Things i like  :
General mission progression is absolutely beautiful, it has the element of chaos and teamwork. Really well organized team is a blessing for railjack.
Weapon, mod, ship parts, intrinsics are quite interesting and hope to see more variaties.
Things i dont like :
Loot collection needs to left for post-mission free time. Which hinders with the most valuable loot, from enemy ships. An increased railjack loot collection AoE is a "must"
Crewships are practically invulnerable unless tenno infiltration or bfg usage, it will especially become a problem in solo missions if u get surrounded.
Archwing is not upgraded enough to live up to its required potential in railjack missions. Atleast a bonus armor from the used warframe can increase its validity in high-level missions.
Ship speed, yes it can be modded to go faster but its way too sluggish.
Refine trolling. This is probably the most irritating thing that can happen, when someone decides to refine everything mid game and u cant refill omni's anymore, refine option should only be available post-mission sequence after completion.

Edited by HoboKnoght

I find Railjack quite fun, albeit buggy. Reminds me of Blackwake.
My only suggestion is predetermined voice/chat commands which are easier than typing.

2 minor bugs:

• going into gunner seat while pressing tab will get the rewards screen stuck
  • having the mission end reward screen pop up while using forge will get the play stuck unable to move or perform any action

JbU1Uer.jpg

Edited by MeisterKleist3r
  • Like 1

hace 20 minutos, Ekzarcun dijo:

also during a sabotage after 1 hour of doing a lvl 80 mission in the 3rd system final part was to sabotage the roket tower but it whent in to lockdown and asked for us to find a console and hack it. (air support charges didnt work)

you need to get out, and destroy the thing with the red marker to release the lockdown, then go inside again and hack the console
i was confused the 1rst time too

Edited by enemystand

Railjack has lots of reward problems.

• Letting archwings pick up all loot was a good change, the vacuum increase did absolutely nothing. The archwing vacuum needs to be at least 10x the current size to allow you to pick up loot passively and not require you to spend time after missions picking it up.
  • All loot needs to be shared. Anything you pick as a warframe on away missions isn't added to the forge and is still there for other players to pick up. Breaking containers and opening lockers gives you most of resources which means anyone who stays with the ship is just being screwed out of the majority of resource drops.
  • Getting old basic materials as rewards sucks. Even new players probably aren't going to need something like rubedo.
  • The Rush Repair drone just feels gross. Repairing a single piece of equipment is a insane amount of grind and it just lets you skip past all of it. This goes far beyond the grind for other items and the item you spent the drone to repair could have something better than it drop in the very next mission since everything has random stats.

The Railjack is garbage even upgraded and you are better off hiding it somewhere and not using it.

• The Railjack's guns are terrible. I thought it was just a matter of needing upgrades but I finished salvaging my Zeti Apoc MKII and they only do a bit over 1/4th of a fighters health if you hit with every shot before they overheat. That's with the best Hyperstrike and Polar Coil mods I have fully ranked up in rank 2 avionics slots. If I take them back to Earth they perform more like you would expect a gun that builds heat this fast would but they are completely worthless on Saturn.
  • The Forward Artillery is only good while it still one shots Crewships. In the later Saturn missions it does less than half and I can only increase the damage by 32.5% with Avionics. Even the best version of the Avionic probably isn't going to get you to the value you need for the void.
  • Missiles have the same problem, if the one shot fighters they are good, if they don't they are worthless. They might keep up better than the Forward Artillery does since there are better versions but that's only if there is also an Avionic that increases their damage.
  • The Railjack is also still extremely fragile even with upgrades. Shields are completely worthless since they go down instantly and never have time to recharge which means there isn't any reason to fix electrical faults. Fixing fires and the small breaches that reduce your max health isn't worth doing since it costs so much revolite to get rid of them. The only thing worth spending your revolite on are the hull breaches that cause mission failure and you should wait until the timer is nearly out to fix it.

Archwings are the only reason people are completing Railjack missions even with how much you nerfed them trying to force people to use the Railjack.

• Amesha is the only viable archwing since it's invincible, everything else will get killed in 1-2 shots.
  • Amesha is also the only archwing that can really use their powers since there are no health/energy orb drops as far as I can tell.
  • Itzal could possibly work if invisibility did but you will often get killed as soon as you exit a ship unless you cast Amesha's 1 or 4 so I haven't even bothered testing. It would also need energy drops to cast it's abilities and those just don't exist.
  • The new flight model is worse than experimental flight, we need 6DoF back. Getting rid of the constant forward movement while sprinting was a good change but having no inertia means that you are either completely stopped or moving at one of the two speeds available to you.
  • Most archguns are basically unusable and the TTK is really long on later Saturn missions. I get that you want to people to use the Railjack but archwings should be viable in every level of Railjack content. Add some way to upgrade them with Railjack resources, add new powerful mods from Railjack missions, or make every intrinsic increase their stats but they are going to need something to stay relevant if the Railjack ever stops being garbage.
  • Archgun modding is also completely unusable and you just have to guess at what might be good. It doesn't show the new damage types and some mods feel like they just don't work at all. Elemental mods don't let you proc any of the new railjack statuses,
  • I haven't got any of the buff ally archwing Avionics or lvl 8 intrinsics but they don't like they will improve archwings in a meaningful way. The only one that does look like it might make a difference is lvl 8 gunnery since it makes Amesha's abilities stronger.

Edited by Rogunz

My 2 cents, regarding gunnery:

When i got gunnery intrinsic to rank 1 or 2 i got the target assist, i thought my life was going to get easier.But to see the SMALL white target lead in a sea of explosions, red squares and the ship moving to pilot directions is a real challenge, not mentioning bad host when it sometimes does not show at all.

Target UI needs to improve, to make it like old space combat games. In those, when i was dogfighting, there was a clear indication of where i should land my shots if i wanted to hit anything. Oh, and target lead is something we bad shooters need for archwing combat too, since the hitscan age is gone. Can i have it if i invest enough in gunnery intrinsic?

About turrets specifically: leaving them in a less than optimal host is a pain. In my personal example, i unconsciously press X twice and end up manning the turret again instead of leaving when it was my intention. The enemy thanks the lag again.

Fire Brigade duty: Using the mining mechanic to plug holes in our tin can looks neat and skill rewarding, but i think it's counterintuitive in a past-paced situation where you need to go fast. Make the omni work like an Ignis would be more adequate in this situation. A little more range too, unless extra range comes with improved intrinsic and i'm ignorant about it.

Edited by renleech

it's impossible to bind the tactical L menu.

It's impossible to change the omnitool in the gear wheel.

Avionic mods are a mess. some have random stats and they are impossible to tell appart from other or upgraded ones. this menu and systems needs a lot of work.

Random stats on guns can vary so much that it's insanity. This whole thing of random stats needs to be controlled more.

The Forge is very annoying, micromanagement hell, and something is can/is causing fights between players.

Mainly it is the 200 Capacity resource bunker mechanic THAT YOU DO NOT EXPLAIN AT ALL! You (DE) need to answer and PUT IN THE GAME an explaiton how that works.

1. What happens when you go over 200 Forge Capacity? Where do the resources go? Are they just wasted?
  2. What is the split/share of the Forge? For example what happens to 21 Pustules? Does everyone get 21 Pustules. Do 3 people get 5 Pustules and pone person get 6?
  3. How are resource pickups from Archwing and Foot shared to the Team? Are they shared to the team?

The lack of documentation is just frustrating, and even more so now with a new game mode. You aren't a small studio anymore DE. You don't have an excuse for this.

• Like 2

Congratulations on releasing Empyrean! ❤️

Kinda sad that half of the complaints about it are just people not reading the update notes, like how you can still level intrinsics without owning a railjack or how the omni-tool is instantly added to the gear wheel, anyways I have some feedback:

1) Improvements towards looting. As it stands looting is needlessly slow and irritating, mostly as a result of the loot being hard to see and often being very far away from the railjack. One of the better suggestions I've seen is some kind of radar ping that highlights loot out in space, this would need to be pretty far-reaching but it would solve loot being hard to find. Another good suggestion was an automated drone that picks up far-away loot and brings it back to the ship (not unlike a player in archwing flying out to find loot) Said drone can be a tactical avionic, a craftable munition like missiles, take your pick, the important part is that its an option for players to find far away loot during combat or to cut down on time flying around empty space trying to pick up all the loot.

2) Archwing combat is too dangerous. I will say I haven't leveled up any intrinsic enough to get the archwing buffs, but right now even the medium earth missions with fighter level 9-12 or so can easily two-shot archwings. If archwings are just supposed to be the transport method between your railjack and boarding an enemy crewship or another point of interest then fair enough but if players are supposed to utilize archwing to fight then I would suggest taking steps to prevent being killed so easily. Either reducing the damage archwings take or giving them a high chance to evade enemy bullets outright would go a long way to make archwings feel less risky out in open space.

3) Forge refinement trolling. I personally haven't been a victim to this yet but from what I read a few people are having issues with players refining resources mid-mission, effectively leaving the railjack without any means to replenish revolite/munitions/etc quickly, having to rely on finding more resources before a critical missions failure (and even then a player could just refine them again before someone has time to craft revolite). I second the suggestion of locking the refine option until the mission is complete or at the very least until the railjack is out of combat and no enemies are attacking. Another solution that could work would be spawning a sort of "grineer supply ship" when the railjack is on the critical hull breach countdown, that when killed instantly gives the crew a hefty amount of already-crafted revolite. While this suggestion does kind of fly in the face of effective resource management which is a core of the railjack experience I also feel like dying because RNG decided to not give you enough pustrels or your teammate refined all of it is a low blow to the player.

Edit: after some more playing I'm noticing the lead indicator that you get from gunnery intrinsics doesn't actually seem to work, I have to shoot pretty far ahead of the indicator itself to actually hit the target unless it's coming straight at me.

Aside from that, I'll mirror some of the complaints about damage and repairs. Your railjack's HP seems way too low even after upgrading it by 300% or so. Enemy damage just feels a bit higher than it should, which leads to constant needs for repairs. I remember Scott saying they didn't want players having to repair all the time but by the end of the Earth Proxima nodes that's about what I and other crew members had to do, which in turn leads to eating up all the revolite and not having enough pustrels to craft more, consequently dying... All in all the enemy damage, frequency of repair duties and the overall resilience of your railjack could do with some more fine tuning.

That's all I have right now, will have to keep playing to get a better picture of upgrade economy and such.

Overall in the short time I've been playing I've been liking Empyrean quite a lot, even playing solo, though it can get hectic at times and I've only gone halfway through earth. Good job on the update but please keep an open mind to the feedback being provided, we all want this update to be the best it can be.

Edited by Gullim92
Added feedback for enemy damage, railjack survivability and repair frequency

Overall, I think Railjack is going to be a great addition to the game. Lot of great ideas overall... but right now I've got some major complaints...

Weapons

The weapons are trash. Don't get me wrong, the idea behind most of them is interesting... but status effects hardly seem to do anything. Never seen a "confused" ship turn on it's friends, they just keep shooting at me. The effects of Procs don't seem to last long enough to be meaningful either. You zap a ship with an electric gun and short out their system and they restart it seconds later. Neither of those Procs seem to give you any sort of CC that the Proc attached would suggest it should provide.

Overheating on many weapons beyond the default is just obscene. Honestly, I feel like I end up killing less enemies with an Apoc Mk2 than I do with an Apoc Mk0. The thing either overheats if you aren't paying attention and if you ARE paying attention, then you spend as much, or even less, time shooting than you would if you overheated and waited for cool down. Even with all sorts of bonuses from Intrinsics and Mods, it's too much.

I'd be okay with most of the damage on weapons if Procs actually were meaningful or you could actually keep them for more than 1 second before they overheated.

Loot Drops are practically invisible

As the title says. I can technically spot them, but it's usually under specific circumstances like I am not the pilot or I am actively looking for them. But if you aren't doing active visual scanning to spot them, they are nearly invisible. They are also way too dim for any practical application. The shape of the glow makes them too easy to mistake for background stars. In the heat of combat, I've seen pilots fly by Wreckage and Mods countless times when I've been in the gunner seat. I've had a lot of missions fail because we couldn't get Cubics or Pustules because the pilot wasn't able to find any, partly do to the lack of ability to actually SEE where the loot is. Ships spin out of control and fly off in some direction, taking the loot further away from the Railjack. Explosions from the ships blowing up frequently pushes loot further away from where the ship exploded, so you can't exactly predict where it's going to end up even if you weren't constantly spinning around and chasing down enemy fighters.

Given how Railjack's mode is rendered, we aren't able to waypoint loot outside the ship since literally aren't even in that same physical space, which is why loot, particularly precocious wreckage, needs much stronger indicators. Wreckage REALLY needs Cy saying that he's detected wreckage and activating a waypoint on it.

Enemy Damage = Hull & Shields largely meaningless

Enemy damage is just obscene. It's not that I'm calling for things to be made easier persay, it's just that things are to the point of ridiculousness right now. As it stands, only the absolutely most skilled at Archwing players with defensive Archwings stand a chance at surviving out there. The Railjack being swarmed by 20 ships doing obscene damage also makes the Railjack's hull and shields completely superfluous. At the end of the day, the ship's REAL HP the countdown timer during a catastrophic hull breach and how much Revolite the Engineer has. I was on a ship with 4k Hull and a ton of armor and the enemy eats through the shields and hull at the same rate they eat through the ones on my own ship, which has half the HP and probably 1/3rd the armor. So right now, it feels like Hull and Shields are largely there for the sake of convention rather than being a meaningful buffer between the poor player who has taken on the role of Engineer sealing catastrophic breaches. As someone who plays the Engineer role probably 75% of the time, I often find that the temporary invulnerability buff after sealing a catastrophic breach is a longer time period than how long it takes enemies to take down Railjack's defenses.

So either we need the number of enemy spawns toned down so that hull and shields are actually more effective than a wet piece of tissue paper vs an arrow or the damage needs to be toned down. The Engineering role is the single most demanding role in the game mode. Putting out fires, sealing breachs, killing boarding parties, and managing consumables. Making Shields and Hull actually be somewhat effective may also help deal with the Revolite complaints and make the Engineer role a little less frantic.

Edited by Ceryk

Grineer crewships need to be nerfed:

1. There projectiles should not have lock-on.

2. If their health bar reaches zero, they should die.

3. Their damage output needs to be severely decreased.

4. Their health needs to be decreased.

Essentially a single Crewship can entire combat and blow away the railjack and the Archwing sent to destroy it in a single volley, while absorbing the damage of every fighter on the map and surviving without a scratch if you take one over. They are way overtuned.

• Like 2

Please make all loot pickups in railjack squad wide. As it is it feels like you are getting punished for being the pilot or engineer of a railjack as you miss out on the drops the away team gets on the crew ships and enemy bases. Also I agree on the refine not being available until the mission is over so the materials needed for revalite are not accidentally or maliciously removed by someone hitting the button during the mission. Though even better would be for our repair tool to not need resources to keep it working or at least let things like ammo plates work to refill it if you run into a crunch and rng was not giving you the resources needed to refill it.

Edited by Vasala
added more info

1) We need a Leave Squad option for when the host refuses to dry dock, there's only the Abort option

2) Players SHOULD NOT be allowed to Refine during the skirmish, only craft at the forge. People are hitting refine and depleting materials needed more immediately.

3) Exiting turrets should be faster

4) The tactical map should be brought up instantly, the animation slows it and the fast travel down

5) Railjack guns need at least a little bit of aim assist

Edited by Scorn

I have some feedback on railjack button bindings for controllers.

As it stands, there are several unassigned buttons that I'd like to remap, but the game will not let me.  As a result, I can only dodge downwards, because "move down", "dodge", and "blink" are forcibly interconnected and cannot be separated from one another.  I would suggest either letting us rebind those functions more freely, or adjust the input processing so that it only moves down when the button is held rather than tapped.  I can live with the banking controls not really having a good place to fit, but not being able to properly dodge is a notable handicap.  Also, I can't seem to rebind anything to the left bumper without getting an error saying: "You can't bind <action> to a button that has a melee stance action bound to it".  I'm thinking there might have been a copy/paste error from the other controller bindings where some restrictions got carried over without being noticed.

Otherwise, it's mostly good.  Although the aiming on the pilot seat a little bit jittery and could benefit from some smoothing out, if possible.

Overall having fun with this new update, but here is a list of QoL features/changes I think would really help the experience

• being able to set waypoints or otherwise mark enemies/points of interest from inside the Railjack - especially while piloting/gunning
  • being able to cancel a repair on wreckage after it's been started so you can get your resources back to use for better parts you might have obtained after starting that repair.
  • being able to see what type of manufacturer an Avionic is in the Scrap menu
  • being able to see what Avionic is currently equipped while in the Scrap menu
  • have a way to Configure Railjack from Orbiter (since we can board our Railjacks from there, why not be able to configure it too?)
  • being able to pick up loot while piloting an enemy ship
  • being able use the railjack's arsenal when there is no active objectives
  • when the a player picks up any loot (especially inside crewships, bases, stations, etc) it should be given to everyone
  • being able to bind the Omni to a hotkey for quick and easy use
Edited by Lokidus_Prime

Ok let's try to take it from the top.

Drops

Drop visibility is awful, I saw the resources are marked when you're basically shoving them in your pockets, but avionics, dirac and wreckage? Tough luck chief. And trying to get back to the area where you fought to grab drops is awful as well. There's no indicator of where that was, I mean sure I could try to remember how some rocks looked while I was spinning around in every which way, but that won't happen. The drops should be marked, with the marker's visibility cranked up to 30000, or have the railjack itself have a vacuum range that's larger than basically nothing. It's 250 right now, 1000 or 1500 would be so much better. OR, and I'm really not into this idea, give us an avionic that, when used, uses up all the railjack's energy but sucks EVERYTHING that can be sucked from the map.

Speaking of avionics, the drop rate for some of them is abysmal, not to add the fact that there are 3 tiers of them you can get for any given one. I've finished Earth, then when I went to Saturn and saw people with 6k health on their railjacks, I was just annoyed. At that time, I hadn't gotten a single Bulkhead or Hyperstrike from Earth missions. Now I got a few Bulkheads(the worst kind too), but I have yet to see a Hyperstrike drop. That is at the end of Saturn too.

Combat

That's about as I expected. You're trying to swat flies but you're using a pencil and sometimes a giant hornet shows up to mess with you too. Honestly those crewships don't care about ANYTHING. They can't be shot down except with a dome charge which, while cool, makes you need to stand still while you're being bombarded by the crewship and whatever else is still alive, which only leaves boarding them as an option. And even that, if you're not using the slingshot then you're just dead if you don't use Amesha and have your 1 on. Who though it'd be great to give them HOMING WEAPONS? Homing weapons that, by the way, ignore the pilot 3 intrinsic most of the time and if they don't, well you can vector only so many times while that thing can shoot at you forever! Reduce their damage, make them not have homing weapons and let us destroy them from the outside.

At this point, I dunno why we needed to build a railjack. We could've stolen a few crewships using archwing, installed a Limbo in each of them to keep the reactor safe and we'd be unstoppable. But I dunno, maybe I'm just salty now due to farming the same node on Earth for a few hours trying to get those 2 avionics.

• Like 2

Overall, it's mostly fun and games - but there are some issues that absolutely glaring, making it more frustrating than fun at times:

• Let us mark stuff - If I'm a Pilot, and want someone to board, let me mark the ship as I'm aiming at it. Doing so should prompt Cy to tell everyone that the Crewship needs boarding or artillery fire. If I'm a Turret gunner, let me mark loot - I shouldn't have to go out with the Archwing to mark it; Then it's just better to go grab it personally anyway.
  • Omni as normal gear - So we can hotkey it! It's so tedious to have to scroll through the gear wheel everytime you need to use it - and if you need to use it; you need to use it OFTEN
  • Omni "sticky-equipped" - Going in to a position (like Turret) with Omni in hand, then going out agian = Omni is now unequipped. Why?
  • Tell when people leave - People leave the Railjack, Cy says nothing - now I'm left as the lone pilot with a ship in critical condition. Swell >_>
  • Loot visiblity / pickups - Enemy missiles and projectiles are blue or orange (from Galleons for example) and some electric mines are purple. Loot is also blue,orange and purple, and arguably LESS visible overall. Fun
    Why can't the Railjack have an absurdly large vacuum-range, so it has a clear actual strength over the ottherwise superior Archwings? Loot pickups just don't work well in the vast outer space in a large, slow ship like this. At the very least, not with such an incredibly teensy weensy radius. It's what, 250 meters now? Make it a few miles wide, and maybe it'd be more functional. Or even better for space-missions: Loot-on-kill! Allows us to focus on the action then. Especially considering there's already a more interesting resource management there; The Forge and all the systems that it resupplies.
    Oh, not to mention - why isn't all loot SHARED? It's a multi-task mission, promoting coop - yet the loot is split in some cases?! That's just not right...

Other stuff that frustrates me:

• Crafting info from the Research window - So, I can see what this turret or missile launcher costs to build. Now, how about some STATS?
  • Wreckage Turret repairs and stats - Speaking of showing stats: How come I can see what Wreckage Reactors/Engines/Shields improve before repairing them, but I can't get any info on what Wreckage Turrets do? Just, why not? There's a clear UI meant for that information, but it still only lets us see finished ones? That's really scummy...
Edited by Azamagon

I have a few problems with the update;

- Operational costs, by far the biggest issue. In all these years, we never had to provide ressources in order to play. But now we're suddenly forced to spend ressources (that you literally need thousands of for upgrades) just so that we can repair our ship mid-battle. Please, PLEASE remove this. Don't reduce it, just remove it completely. You'd be doing everyone a favor.

- Fires and hull breaches. This is directly linked with the above problem - These occur way too often, even on the first mission. You're burning through ressources like a madman just to keep your paper-ship from exploding and you get nothing in return, at all. And even if you manage to repair it in time, it's already breached again before you even get back to the bridge.

This really needs fixing before NPC crews arrive. Heck, it needs to be fixed right now.

- Loot visibility. I can't even see the loot enemies drop. I just pick it up by accident. I don't even want to know how much stuff I missed because it's impossible to see.

- Survivability. The Railjack ships were advertised as, basically, the hottest stuff in years. And yet they get shredded like wet paper. I mean, I know they're supposed to be Interceptors, not battleships, but for an interceptor with basically paper armor this thing is also pretty damn slow. You can't tank it, and you can't dodge it either. The only way to actually fight enemies instead of running away in reverse gear is by abandoning your ship and flying your archwing out.

What kind of game design is this? Adding a fancy new ship to play with, yet it's about as effective as a unmodded rank 0 Mag 'frame.

- Ressource costs for new weapons. You need thousands of them for every little thing, and yet you get like 200 of them, once every 10 missions or so.

So far my biggest complaints are the operational costs and frequency of boarders/breaches/fires/whatever.

I can only hope that these costs get thrown out entirely and that NPC crews will put out fires/repair breaches and fight boarders automatically.

At the very least you could give us point-defense upgrades that automatically target and shoot boarders before they hit the ship. Kinda like missile-defenses.

Honestly, all you need to do is allow NPC crews to fix your ship by themselves and attack boarders automatically. It's the one big thing that keeps this mode from being fun.

There's many above points I agree with. My major feedback is thus:

- yeah, duh, fix the bugs.

- Fix the projectile behavior of what are supposed to be hitscan weapons. This is summarized several times over in previous comments and I don't feel a need to elaborate, merely casting yet another voice.

- Mapwide vacuum. Universal vacuum. Whatever you want to call it, do it for resources. I do not care about energy drops etc. Picking up resources manually in space is agony, but this has been said many times for the game in general. The hotfix which increased the range was honestly not noticeable. 

- Add station icons to the Railjack's map. Quick travel would be fantastic, but I know that might be tricky to program for an active mission.

- Add the ability to read more about each intrinsic level-up benefit, where it goes, and what it does, especially after you get it.

- Well, add the ability to read more about anything railjacky in-game, it needs its own instruction manual or codex. Maybe I could talk to the voidpod to find such a thing?

A major problem I see with the railjack is how...separate everything feels. Warframe is feeling like wa   rf   ra me. This doesn't feel like a new branch, it fells like an entirely separate tree species, and a few of its branches are touching our familiar tree (like archwing usage, credits, etc.) How to integrate? Perhaps all railjack aspects can be researched in the Dry Dock as well as acquired from random drops. Maybe the player could choose to add foundry/relic/operator stations to their Railjack, essentially move out of their Orbiter. An option to load into the Railjack by default, instead of the Orbiter but with integrated Landing Craft/Orbiter Nav, would be nice. This would need to be a choice, I know lots of people have spent a lot of time placing orbiter decorations.

A thought: it would be cool to investigate the orokin chunks floating out there and actually find materials useful for the Railjack. Just randomly! Not as the focus of a mission! I really enjoyed investigating old wreckage to get the railjack parts. Keep that going. Maybe like...space mining. Finding something lost out there in the Black...

A change I'd prefer: Remove the cooldown for the archwing dash. If I slam into a wall, it will at least have been fun getting there.