Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Matchmaking Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Empyrean: Railjack Matchmaking Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your matchmaking and connectivity feedback in relation to joining or creating Railjack Missions!

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

Yep, it's just utterly broken. Can't invite while on Orbiter, can't Invite while on Railjack, can't invite while at Dojo. And everything right now plays solo.

Attempt to invite anyone returns that they are offline. Even though i literally chatting with them in game.

Will try to be civil..... 

Clicked on the matchmaking Icon and was shocked and impressed that I could go directly to matchmaking from my Orbiter...... then the matchmaking failed. No harm No foul......

Then instead of just launching into the mission from my Railjack..... it gave me the confirmation message informing me that you CAN NOT start new sessions unless you go to the Dojo Drydock and initiate them from there...... for the ever heccin hecc why? 

Do I really need to sit through a loading screen just to skip a cinematic just to sit through an additional loading screen just to start a new mission? Can we not just like, have a convenient user interface? 

Edit: OK watching this mornings/todays Livestream you can apparently either fast travel to your Railjack directly from your Orbiter or use some McGuffin at the back of your ship to launch to your Railjack from your Orbiter. The actual transition time there is not horrible. 

But I'm still left scratching my head as to why I'm needing to do that when I've already told the game I want to play a Railjack Mission. If a player clicks "Play Railjack" and no Railjack group is currently available, moving to your Railjack and starting the mission is kinda implicit. 

I mean unless this is some sort of really roundabout "I don't want to host Railjack, like EVER" solution?

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

See, I'd be able to give feedback, if inviting friends was an option, many people, myself included have not been able to invite anyone to any squads. 

Everyone is appearing offline, despite the fact you can message them in-game, see them in Relays/Dojo etc.

Edited by OkniolasPrime

The only time I've been able to join other people was when:

- I had managed to field a team of clanmates

- after battling through the "noone is online, not even yourself" bugs,

- even though we could all wave at each other but not squad up...

but then:

- It said it couldn't make a session or something

- instead connected me to another party

- all my clanmates crashed to desktop

1 hour ago, Grahark said:

Got placed in a random group (like how we normally do) We completed the mission, then it bugged and would not end. We ended up "Failing" the mission yet kept all progress and rewards. 

Just tried it again. Same experience. Otherwise I get thrown into space alone and have to abort before an actual failure. 

Pretty fun game mode but solo sucks and persistent "Fail" even after victory is getting discouraging. 

I'm sorry, but match making is really, really bad.
- can't send or receive invites and get the "offline" bug.
- open squads was telling me there were 15 yet I always end up solo 9/10 times.
- when I do manage to get a group, 50% of the time it bugs out and 1 or more of the crew members is frozen or can't actually fly the ship.

please guys, I'm begging you. test content properly before launch. pre-mades with dev tools are not enough to get a real baseline of usability or difficulty. you need to start making test servers for people to play on so you can iron this stuff out before it is released.

• Like 2

I have yet to be able to get any other players join me on my Railjack. It's always me alone, in fact the mission begins instantaneously and does not even try to find other players. Needless to say it's totally useless to play this way.

Edit: Some time later, still no luck. Tried launching it both methods:

Orbiter -> Dojo -> Dry Dock -> Railjack -> Navigation

Orbiter -> Railjack -> Navigation

Group set to public the whole time. Never would a player join, I'd always be alone. I only managed to join other players' Railjack so far through the regular nav console in the orbiter.

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 1

Hello today i had a REALLY bad experience here is the story: After we finished the mission i started to collect the resources left over, some player decided to call me idiot and such and told me to go back to the ship, i ignored him due to the rude behavior, so i finished the collection of resources (took me 5 mins in archwing ) and he decided to afk at the helm so we are basically stuck on the railjack with him afking at the helm for about 40- 60 mins.
Suggestion A votekick system would be nice or if you are not imputing any commands while at the helm you will b  unmounted same with the turrets.

There are two excellent places matchmaking should occur: 1) on the map, 2) during warp transit to the mission. 

So why in the world does the game wait until you're already in the mission before it even starts connecting you to other players?

Edited by 0Midas0

8 hours ago, Mephane said:

I have yet to be able to get any other players join me on my Railjack. It's always me alone, in fact the mission begins instantaneously and does not even try to find other players. Needless to say it's totally useless to play this way.

Edit: Some time later, still no luck. Tried launching it both methods:

Orbiter -> Dojo -> Dry Dock -> Railjack -> Navigation

Orbiter -> Railjack -> Navigation

Group set to public the whole time. Never would a player join, I'd always be alone. I only managed to join other players' Railjack so far through the regular nav console in the orbiter.

I've had the exact same experience.

• Like 1

This reminds me of when Elder Scrolls Online first came out in open beta. No way to join a Co-Op focused system will kill it very quick and then take YEARS to bring people in. Pause it with an explanation or just watch the Railjack burn at this point. 

We all know you are working hard on this to make it Clean, Slick , Polished and Fun. A HUGE QOL for the game mode has got to be a streamlined join squad click of a button . Like we already have. Otherwise this is a huge wait and see release. Not a mega-money maker like you all wish. 

Railjack matchmaking is inconsistent. Trying to join a mission as crew if I'm already in a squad with friends will break said squad and put me alone on a squad with all pubbies.

Additionally, anyone in the crew can use the Navigation console on the Railjack, select a mission and immediately load into it without anyone else on the team getting a say. Railjack missions need to be subject to standard voting, the same as non-railjack missions.

Pubbies I take back to my Dojo can't leave the Railjack - the door doesn't show any interaction prompt for them. This prevents them from applying their Intrinsics points earned during the mission.

• Like 4

Trying to figure out how to join railjack matchmaking while in a squad with one other person.  Every time we try it splits the squad.

Also, the only way to leave a railjack without a mission loss is to ask if they can drop you off at the dojo (fortunately the warframe playerbase is really polite!).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteelShrike said:

Trying to figure out how to join railjack matchmaking while in a squad with one other person.  Every time we try it splits the squad.

Also, the only way to leave a railjack without a mission loss is to ask if they can drop you off at the dojo (fortunately the warframe playerbase is really polite!).

That's how it works ? No j/k been in hyperspace for a while on the 2 "completions" I have. 

• Like 1

Tying the session to the host's Dojo instead of a normal P2P session like the normal missions do is kind of really dumb.  I've got a small complaint and a big complaint:

Small complaint:
Let's say you're a client, and the host is in a different Clan than you are. When you finish the mission, you go to the host's Dojo, not your own Dojo. The problem with this is, you can access the "Customize Railjack" panel but can't use all the features because it's still processing the host's Railjack. For example you can't Repair some of the Wreckage you've found -- and considering there's a 30 Wreckage limit, methinks that's a problem

Big complaint:
Host is the only person who can start missions or return to Dry Dock. Host controls whether or not you're allowed to leave the mission and do something else, whether or not you're allowed to stay in a completed mission's map and farm resources. And of course when the mission completes you're forced into your host's Dojo.

I'd much rather the system be more based around traditional "Orbiter-based matchmaking" (the kind that non-Railjack missions use), than this weird wishy-washy hybrid mess that I'm sure is a huge jumble of spaghetti code under the hood. It could be like the system you used to use for Trails/Raids (whatever DE calls them internally), where there was a screen accessed from the Orbiter's normal matchmaking screens where everyone could prep and see each other's stats and wargear, and see who the host was, and the host could wait for all 8 people to join in or start the mission with only 5 people, and it was just nicely put together and convenient. There's already a Dry Dock access point in the Orbiters that doesn't load into your Dojo your Dojo, so the system already allows a player to host matchmaking without using a Dojo

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zuraja said:

There really needs to be a way to make it wait for a full group before starting.  Just pubbed into the first Saturn mission as the second person in an in-progress mission and it was absolute hell.

We absolutely do. Unlike every other mission in Warframe, Railjack IS NOT playable solo, by design. However, trying to play games with your own Railjack will almost always put you in an instance by yourself, sitting on your hands waiting for players to join. Attempting to fight solo will usually result either total destruction or at least draining your resources before other players show up. And even then, just a single random pubbie is still not enough. You need someone to fly, someone to use Turrets, fight boarders, put out fires, etc. and at least one other person outside killing the Crew Ships that the Railjack weapons won't even scratch. That's a minimum of three people. Why not give us a matchmaking option which allows us to wait until a full team is available AND THEN warp to the mission?

Pretty much every mandatory team game has this feature. If Warframe had it as an option, I would absolutely use it before starting a Railjack mission because trying to run the ship under-crewed isn't just depressing - it eats into my resource yield and makes the grind even longer. Give us proper matchmaking, please - one which would ensure we don't start a mission without the recommended crew size.

• Like 5