Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Spoiler

uhb4qo2xeq441.png

Found this on reddit.

I think it speaks for itself.

The Grineer should send their spaceship crew to do ground mission. That way they could finally rout out those pesky Tenno.

But seriously how can a MR 2 Tenno with deal with this? Why not simply increase the level of troops in the mission. Why this stealth change?

Edited by Viperidae767
Added spoiler for the large image.
  • Like 1

About Crewships :

1) Too easy to invade.    IMO, rear hatch must be sealed, and we should break it to get in.  ( Same about hangars and such...these are not protected against invasion.  Some Dargyns from "old days" would be nice.)

2) Reactor is not shielded ( played Earth and som Saturn), and can be easily destroyed by some random shots.    Shield with Hack panel must be a thing (not HP increase.Its reactor)

Without these, i can invade and destroy crewship in 5 seconds. Reactor can be shot directly from the "hatch".   Too easy even for "easy".

3) Do not nerf their damage output VS AW.   It is the only thing that makes "ivader" role somewhat tricky...coz you have to flank or use asteroids/odonata as cover.....or just AMESHA.

4) Seriously....Amesha is quite strong. Like....Very. It can protect entire Railjack and some.  

I mention this because it directly affects mission difficulty.

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

About Crewships :

1) Too easy to invade.    IMO, rear hatch must be sealed, and we should break it to get in.  ( Same about hangars and such...these are not protected against invasion.  Some Dargyns from "old days" would be nice.)

2) Reactor is not shielded ( played Earth and som Saturn), and can be easily destroyed by some random shots.    Shield with Hack panel must be a thing (not HP increase.Its reactor)

Without these, i can invade and destroy crewship in 5 seconds. Reactor can be shot directly from the "hatch".   Too easy even for "easy".

3) Do not nerf their damage output VS AW.   It is the only thing that makes "ivader" role somewhat tricky...coz you have to flank or use asteroids/odonata as cover.....or just AMESHA.

4) Seriously....Amesha is quite strong. Like....Very. It can protect entire Railjack and some.  

I mention this because it directly affects mission difficulty.

You should keep playing and evaluate if these points are still valid in your opinion.

Reactors in crewships do get shielding behind a hack, which is a pain right now due to bugs not allowing you to get through the door sometimes, meaning even your punch through weapon won't help. Amesha cannot protect RJ in higher levels Saturn already. No AW can survive higher levels where the swarm is insane, unless there is perhaps at least one Amesha outside too. The damage now is insane balance wise. I'm fine with getting hit hard, if I get to hit hard and do the 'git gud' at the game, in stead of trying to hose enemies with my AW gun (the lvl 30+ fighters are a chore).

I like your first point, but right now it is offset by the damage the crew ships do and how many you have to fight at once (4 at a time is the highest I've seen so far)

4 hours ago, Viperidae767 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

uhb4qo2xeq441.png

Found this on reddit.

The Grineer should send their spaceship crew to do ground mission. That way they could finally rout out those pesky Tenno.

But seriously how can a MR 2 Tenno with deal with this? Why not simply increase the level of troops in the mission. Why this stealth change?

I think beginning players should at least be able to do Earth

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Midas:

I think beginning players should at least be able to do Earth

I agree they should be able to do play Railjack and fight those troops but I don't think they will be able to stand against those units.

But those buffs are there from the start.

Hell, I noticed them while playing the higher level missions on earth and was wondering if I messed up my mod configuration.

I would like if we could vote to abort the mission but keep the squad i've lost many good squads 'cause one crewship decided to not appear and we could not finish the mission  and it would be cool if we could get archwing mods in this mode because many of us just did archwing missions the get itzal to rank 30 and don't have many mods for archwing

6 hours ago, Viperidae767 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

uhb4qo2xeq441.png

Found this on reddit.

Those values are absolutely nuts

Okay, I guess it's as good a time to write my feedback as any.

1. PUBLIC HOSTING: If you take your ship out and hope to host some folks on your ship, the least the game could do would be not to throw 15 million fighters at you to start off with while you're hoping someone will show up to your Public session.

1a. We need some sort of 'spawn area', or some ability to allow us to 'decloak' once we're ready to attack. This way instead of getting jumped by everyone under the sun, you might see some extra support show up before you kick off the fighting at the very least. Or let the players drop out and take on stuff from Archwing, because early missions are hard to fight even solo from your Railjack because the ship will take damage and then it's a game of jumping off the helm, grab the Omni, use it, then run back for a few seconds to helm again, repeat, recycle, repeat...

1b. Seriously, running all over the Railjack by yourself is near impossible because it was designed for folks to have a crew. LET US get a crew before throwing us head first into the waves of fighters and boarders. Either give us a period where the ship is entering, and unusable, but allows folks to join in, or give us the option to drop into a mission area and let us set a minimum number of Public teamm members we'd like to join us before dropping us into the frying pan. Either way, it's redunkulous.

2. DAMAGE DONE DIRT CHEAP: For a frigate, the ship takes damage like a tinker toy even at low level areas. And the base guns do jack and & spit against Crew Ships. 1 & 2 point hits is common with the base guns, whereas by the time you've gotten your own Railjack, your arch gun can actually punch through said enemies so much easier. How is it a bigger gun is doing less damage than my man-portable GAU-8? Yes there are upgrades you can get, but the base weapons feel exceptionally weak, to the point where it's easier to send your crew out in Archwings than to have them man main battery guns.

2a. Also, seriously, if our guns do so little, why do enemies do SO MUCH? Their ships hit like trucks, as previously stated, even at low tiers. And even in Archwing, if you don't have an Amesha with your 1 at all times, you're gunna die in a single shot or two. Archwings are breakable, but geezus, when the only good Archwing is the one that can tank one-hit kills, you might have overtuned the damage output at low levels.

3. Call me USPS, because I throw loot in the back of the ship and it all fell out: So, when were you gunna tell us that we had to Forge Compact our loot so we'd actually get to keep it between mission jumps? Finding loot can be a bit of a pain, because it's not obvious except as a glowing dot, and after we gather it all, only THEN does it make sure to put all that bounty into our inventories...

3a. A SHARE OF THE LOOT. If you're going to hide weapon BPs and other stuff behind Galleon captains, could you at least make sure that if one person picks it up in Railjack, everyone gets a copy, because you probably got 1 or 2 people manning the ship, keeping your ride back to the Dojo from exploding if the enemy looks at you funny, but you don't give them a copy of the BP of new weapons we're hunting for? Yeah, that seems off to me.

4. Somedays I don't want to go into the office just so I can do some generic BS on my Ride: I want to check how much stuff I gotta get to fix up loot that I've salvaged, or whatnot? But I can't telecommute to the Dojo or ring up the Railjack dock foreman and tell him to let me how I have left on making my ship a bit better. Why can't I get a console for my Railjack from my Orbiter? I just want to do some maintenance work on it, not drive all the way to the Dojo, load in, set up my stuff only to find out I don't got enough to fix it up, leave the Dojo because I don't want to take my orbiter out (see points 1 & 2) yet because if I do a mission from inside the dojo, I'll take my ship out, and so now that I'm back at the Orbiter, NOW I can go join someone's crew.... *pant* I'm doing a lot of running around and not feeling rewarded for it.

5. Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like something that's not a fish but that's okay: It handles fine. That's good. Thank you. You got that part right.

6.Some Upgrades seem like requirements: Seriously, 360 Virtualization side turrets is the best thing ever. It's too bad the damage sucks as per point #2. And Bullet Lead Indicators are SO damn necessary.

7. Can I get that on video?: How about showing us what the weapons are like before we upgrade them? Or buy them? Like with Abilities. Just show us what it does. Please? Sometimes the descriptions are just not good enough to know what it'll be like.

8. Giant Engine? I'll give you 2 Fiddy for it.: 25 of the Grid/Mod upgrade stuff for an upgraded engine that needs some major repair work to be usable? Geez, that's an absolute ripoff. But I can't NOT sell it off because these parts might be worst than later ones and I can only hold a certain number of the salvage even though I've got a epic warehouse of nanospores in my space back pocket. Who wants 100,000 Fieldron Nodules? I think it's in my Space Couch Cushions.

9. Making Archwing Great: Archwing is so much fun. Alas, trying to melee these fighters is a lot harder than it is on standard Archwing missions because the lock-on area is a lot shorter feeling in Railjack. Or ships just go a ton faster. Probably that. But hey, they feel useful now as your own Anti-Fighter support platform of choice (if you have a crew that is).

10. Space Bugs are Big: Sometimes weapons are archwing weapons when you board crewships and since they're archwing and not ground weapons, they do weaker archwing damage than the UNLOTUSLIKE weapons some of us high MR tenno are used to, so taking out a Crewship reactor turns into a chore. Seriously, it really sucks when you're stuck with your guns and swords doing weak damage against high-level Grineer. This isn't fair if I don't have my weapons. How can I commit space genocide without my (totally Honorable) flamethrower that melts through ferrite armor?

11. Eh, I'm going to stop now: Just like I plan on taking breaks from Railjack. It's fun, but frustrating as well. And not always in a good way. Just like providing all this feedback other folks have probably noted before me and with better language. Eh.

12: No, seriously, that's it. Thanks for coming. Tip your waiter.

PS Edit: Got more stuff to mention, on with the ranting.

13: Archwing Meta: The Amesha is required Railjacking because it's the only thing that can take a hit with it's #1. Anyone not in an Amesha is probably still on the ship. And don't get me started on how long it takes for a full health fighter to go down to a bazillion bullets from an Arch Gun with a ton of damage...

13a. MELEE IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE (sucks): Did Melee 3.0 change how Melee works in Archwing because trying to melee a fighter in space is near impossible. I wish I could get close to a fighter and latch onto it as seen in the Archwing intro and melee the fighter a few times, like some sort of evil space gremlin. (There's some THING.... on the wing... and it has a sword.)

13a.1. I looked it up: Melee 3.0 broke Archwing Melee. No more lock-on function makes MELEE IN SPACE(tm) absolutely a flailfest. Seriously, fix melee in Archwing so we can hit **** please. So that makes the Melee Mod that gives you an archwing scanner a total waste.

13b. MISSING INACTION: I just realized, Railjack does NOT drop any Archwing items at all. No Archwing mods. No Archwing energy orbs. No ANYTHING. Go play Neptune's Archwing, and you get all this wonderful drops, then do Railjack and wonder where all your drops are. So yes, if you need energy, which you REALLY need in Railjack, there is none. But in normal Archwing... have all the energy drops you would normally expect.

14. Okay, now I'm done for now. Probably.

PPS Edit: I'm back, baby.

15. A Fire Marshall would Fine the **** out of my Railjack: As someone who's had to take a building inspector around an office to every Fire Extinguisher, I know how important it is for a fire extinguisher to be nearby & available in case of emergency. So why is it I have to run all the way to the back of the ship to refresh my Omni? Is there no way for us to get a Fire Extinguisher (Omni Recharge Station) Box in each railjack room, and marked so we can run up to it, hold X and get a refill? Having to run down to access the Battle Forge just so I can get a recharge sucks since its on the far end of the ship, and takes precious time pulling the forge down, opening up the UI, recharging the Omni a few times, then exiting, when it should be 1) Walk up to Recharge Station, 2) Press X to Recharge, 3) Wait 2 seconds for full recharge, 4) Use Omni LIKE A BOSS because I didn't have to run all the way to the back of the ship just to fix a hull breach in the front. I'm a Space Ninja Pirate, not an athletic masochist.

16. Earning Intrinsics Isn't Very Intrinsic: How do you earn them? No idea. But it seems that you get a ton just by running around your ship, putting out fires and filling hull breaches, and less from doing stuff like driving the ship or manning the guns or going out into Archwing and boarding crew ships to blow up their reactors because they are impossible to kill without the cap-killer weapons on your Railjack. If Intrinsics are going to be given out to crew doing stuff on what they're doing, could you make it so that there's some sharing of that work the whole crew is doing, and not just rewarding individual effort? Yes, some folks might AFK/Idle to passively earn stuff, but I'd rather be rewarded for doing stuff like providing cover fire from a gunner seat while someone else plays nursemaid for the ship than to have an unbalance in rewards given to the crew because someone does the job that rewards the most while the rest of the jobs suffer.

17. SECRET TUNNEL! Or, How I walked down into my Orbiter and found the door to my Railjack: No seriously, I went downstairs, and where I plugged the Vitruvian into, there's a hatch you can take there (the big circle on the floor) and you can go directly to your Railjack. Okay, this is good. It means I don't have to go the Dojo to go directly to my ship if I want to host a team with my own personal ship. BUT, there are some problems here.

17a. Let me in. LET ME BACK IN! Once you're on your Railjack, there's no way to get back to the Orbiter. That I found. Unless you can use the railjack exits. I didn't check that. I just used Navigation to go to a non-Railjack mission. I'll check that when I get back home later today. Either way, I didn't know about going directly TO the Railjack, so obviously I don't know how to get BACK to the Orbiter. EDIT: Yes you can use the exits to go back to your orbiter if you use the secret tunnel. So yeah, this is okay. 😀

17b. Remember what I mentioned in #4? The "Let me work out my ship loadout without going to the Dojo?" thing? Yeah, okay, so getting to the ship is easy now that I know about the secret tunnel, but I still can't do the stuff I need to do like adjusting my ship loadout and weaponry or whatnot when I use said secret tunnel. So the only way for me to get new gear installed or changed or whatnot involves me heading to the Dojo, which makes the path to the Railjack great if I'm max-leveled out on it, but not if I need to still go to the dojo every single time. Heck, I can't even get out of my ship and end up at my dojo's drydock.... unless I can, as previously mentioned in #17a. Did you do that? Again, if it is, I wasn't told about it, so that'd be great if I could at least pop out of my Railjack but I sort of doubt it would be that easy. Again, I'll check it when I get home tonight. EDIT: You can use the tunnel, then navigate to your dry dock, but that's still pretty round about way to get there, when I just want to adjust what my ship is equipped with, or to phone in some repairs from loot I gathered.

18. Pirating Loot: Phat Ducats or Pocket Change, YOU DECIDE! Can we talk about the end-of-mission rewards? 4000 credits? Really? I could find that much chump change opening a few lockers on Pluto or having a My Little Nekros stand next to me while playing Fruit Ninja with Infested. Where are the bountiful treasure chests brimming with loot? The grateful prisoners I free who would love to become part of my ship's crew? The happy freetrader who can now use the area worry-free now that I've made sure his ship won't get turned into swiss cheese from a giant plasma cannon who will give me a piece of his titanium shipment in gratitude? I feel like the end-of-mission rewards aren't respecting the fact that I had to take down 4 crewship, 60+ fighters, a galleon commander, a few orbital defense satellites, and running to the back of my ship just to recharge my Omni yet again. I didn't spend 6 million credits for a railjack so I could get paid less than if I sold 1 of my 100 spare Oberron Chassis Blueprints. Oh, also I think I got an Oberron BP drop during one of the attacks on a Crewship. I just DOUBLED my take-home profit! :clem:

19. Will I think of more? Probably, but time for me to stop for now.

PPPS Edit: ONE MOAR THING!

20. Grineer Trooper = Stormtrooper; Grineer Fighter Pilot = Top Gun Graduate. Okay, I know Grineer accuracy is pretty much right up there with Imperial Stormtroopers, but their pilots are downright scary-accurate. Maybe that's why their guns hit like a truck (See #2), because the jerks seem to always keep you in the middle of their crosshairs no matter what you do. Which is why the Amesha's #1 and #2 powers are so useful, since it keeps you alive and keeps them shooting stuff OTHER than you. And don't get me started on their missiles which home in on you.

20a. I want one of those! Why are there no Air-To-Air Archwing Missile Launchers? If I'm gunna have guns with travel time, I'd prefer just bringing an Anti-Fighter Missile Launcher so I could Fire & Forget. Yes, it's a little "high-tech" compared to other things, but we're not fighting Sentients right now. There HAD to have been some Air-To-Air weaponry that involved slinging rockets at enemies.

20b. While I'm thinking on it... Why not have a Warframe that specializes in Archwing/Railjack? You'd think that at least one of those early Warframe prototypes would have been a pilot/gunner-type. No ideas on what you'd do or how to make it. Just a suggestion/idea/concept.

20c. Heck, use this. My old Eiwaeks concept from years ago. Sorry Photobucket decided to be a pain about my images though. Either way, tone down the accuracy or let us have something to make their accuracy worst in Railjack.

PPPPS Edit: One from last night....

21. Let me push the Nav Button! Okay, this one sucked and needs fixing. Finished a mission, but because the Host/Railjack captain's UI bugged out and he lost the ability to see anything, but the game, we couldn't actually EXIT the mission when we were done with it. The Nav console shouldn't be locked to just 1 player, especially if they can hit a bug that will cause them to not be able to use said console. All we wanted to do was go back to the Dry Dock. Usually that fixes weird bugs that happen in Railjack missions. Please let us do that too. Or give players the ability to go back to their orbiter after a railjack mission without "abandoning the mission". Please.

Edited by Salenstormwing
I thought of stuff to add... (x4+)

Crew ships do too much damage to archwings.

Crew ships should do absolutely nothing once every enemy on board has been killed.

Amesha is the only archwing that has abilities that do ANYTHING in railjack missions. This doesn't mean make Amesha do nothing, this means make other archwings do something. Lets take Elytron for example, 2 could actually do what it says, 4 could actually travel faster than 15m/s, dare i say, 5000m/s might be useful

Archguns need their projectile speed increased a lot.

Fighters need to be less evasive.

Whilst invading platforms on Saturn nodes (and even crewships), I am finding on Nova with a full 6 orb nullstar active being one shot out of the blue with somewhat alarming frequency... Thing is I'm not sure what is taking me out so easily. When I'm not hosting I'd attribute it to lag, but the vast majority of railjack missions I've done as the host. I don't see the same problem when my railjack is being boarded, as usually I have everything slowed down, but I do this on the platforms and crewships too... just something is hitting me so hard I'm down before I know it or can even react.. Dying with no chance to react to what ever is killing me is not what I would describe as fun and certainly not when it occurs very frequently in a short period of time...

When I'm joining a group, I often find the host has parked his/her railjack far away from the battle, and launch into their archwing to fight the fighters and crewships... This is a fundamental design flaw. What's the point of flying into a missions with your railjack when you plan on only using your archwing?! Seeing this especially frequently on the Saturn nodes and late Earth nodes. Part of the problem is how easily the railjack can get damaged in relative comparison to the archwing... It's not exactly fun when you spend more time repairing your railjack than actually fighting (NOTE: how few players like playing the healing role in trinity system MMOs). This can be especially punishing on the early railjack nodes on earth with teams that do not know what they are doing and even worse if it happens to be a very new player to warframe who still doesn't understand the basics of the game fully...

The crew Grineer themselves are really unbalanced.

• New Elite Lancer: Fires their Quartakk as fast as it has Speed Trigger. Couple with the high damage, they can easily overwhelm the player.
  • Butcher, Suppressor, and Officer: Not about damage, but their health values and type. Why do they have the "Flesh" health type, while having over 2000 Health? That makes them more tanky or around a Napalm or Bombard.

On to the fighters:

• (Elite) Cutters: Increase their hitbox a bit and/or reduce some of their armor. I don't think interceptors should be flying tanks. Elite variants are fine as their missiles can be shot down. I would give shorter bursts (7-10 shots rather than infinitely fire) to the normal Cutters as they tend to easily do more damage with their standard weapons.
  • (Elite) Outriders: Make their power cores hitbox more consistent with other Railjack weapons. The Photor (instant beam weapon) struggles to hit the cores properly. Otherwise, it's actually a balanced gunship due to its very vulnerable weakspots. 
  • Crewships: Should be destroyed by conventional fire from the outside. The side flak guns' damage is too high to the point where the Slingshot or the Amesha is the only viable way to board it directly, lest you get destroyed in one or two explosions. Make their weapons overheat like ours. That way we get a better breathing room to deal with Crewships.
  • The Flak and Taknis are fine. Large, and somwhat slow. Boasts strong weapons that is more visible.

Health on most enemies feels way eccessive:

- in particular crewships being sostantially invulnerable to external damage unless someone boards them and slaughters the crew and reactor

- railjack artillery gun without mods needs 3 shots full on to kill crwships in first earth mission - did we get scammed and our railjack is made of trash???

- fighters are increadibly nimble , on par with our pilot skills at level 5... let us hijiack those, seem much more fun than crewships

- 3/4 of mission spent hunting down drops from downed enemies, flown into deep space by stupid phisics

- crap radar/sensors spotting some squads near the bottom of the map is more utter luck than anything

- our weapons suck

- archwing are borderline useless after enemy level raises a bit - ITZAL is suicidal with no usable defensive ability - thanks you made amesha the only choice - nerf when knowing your tendencies?

- in mission resources collectin and refining is borked to say the least - what happens if we collect more than 200 units? we lose the eccess like we lose everything not refined?

It seems most of the systems related to resource use were made to force players into monetization or with utter stupidity/malignat intent

Interface is crap, in particular avionics one with scrap risking to remove the wrong mods - why doing a different screen than our usual modding one?!

Wrekage management is utter crap, with partially repaired parts getting stuk into inventory if we don't want them anymore unless we finish repairing them - costs are outrageous for what are single use "blueprints" compared to clan research and freshly made components.

Weapons and components explanations are nearly useless and we are missing a way to directly compare parts

Railjack damage effects, (MAKE IT WORSE!! AHAHAHAHAHA!)

Red Decompression - Mission Fail. (GOOD)

Yellow Decompression... Nada. (BAD)

Decompression - Just like blowing out a corpus window. Doors lock, air is pouring out, Whoop, both doors to the back are on lockdown. Jump out and head to a back entrance to get to the Forge. (Rank 10 Remote Engineer fixing is now VALID)

Electrical Fire - Zap if you step on it. Shields regen lower (LOL! Whut shields? Enemy never lets them regen)

Electrical Fire - Systems shorting... Multiple: Shields down, 0 regen. System Shorting out: Weapons down!!  Several system shorting: Complete ship shutdown!

Fire! ....Something bad. Burns if you step in it.. don't notice anything beyond that. (MEH!)

Fire! - Fire spreads! Longer it's left the wider the patch! Fire EATS air. Gets big enough the air system can't handle it. Lockdown location of fire. (Fire exstinguishing Tactic is now VALID!! Energineering Rank 10 VALID) 

• Like 1

I feel the current high speed and spastic nature of enemies fighters combined with their relative tankiness and slow projectile speeds is not fun. It makes gunning from the railjack a chore as you miss 90% of your shots, even with the lead indicator since even one of their many, many, many minor course corrections will send your shots wide. A few lucky shots isn't enough to take them out with most weapons, you typically need a dozen or two hits. These same problems carry into archwing dogfighting, only worse since they don't have a lead indicator to give you a rough idea where to aim. The fighters are even faster than archwings with a max rank hyperion thruster, discounting blink, so it's bothersome to chase them down. Blink lets you do it, but it's easy to misjudge a blink and even then blinking into range only gives you a short window of closeness, before the fighter starts spamming evasions. Every one is already using the Amesha because its slow aura is the only way to reliably land shots in archwing. The speed and spastic nature of the fighters is so bad there have be a couple times I have used archwing slingshot to get in engagement range only to be stuck in the seeking animation for 20+ seconds as the fighter I was locked onto flew around dodging me.

Please, please make the fighters move a bit slower and make the projectiles move a bit faster.

Edit; Alternatively/additionally, I'd like to see how it feels if you make the fighters much easier to kill, maybe 1/10th current health and armor but ramp up their numbers, either number of them per wave or number of waves we have to fight. I think it would feel much better to be rapidly swatting down wave after wave of fighters than the current flailing around trying to kill a small number of extremely fast and fairly tanky ships.

Edited by Hedrax
Afterthoughts

10 hours ago, BradKing said:

No AW can survive higher levels where the swarm is insane

Unless you’re talking about when you leave the Railjack and get killed immediately, Amesha would disagree. The only time where Swarms becomes more severe is when a Crewship comes and snipe you from the Archwing while it’s hundred Meters away (seriously, i’ve seen it happen). One of the reasons why other Archwings are closer to trash and Amesha is being used so much. 

Edited by GPrime96

I just played a mission in the Veil (lowest level) where my whole team bugged out, couldn't move around the ship, couldn't DO anything aside from my pre made engineer friend who was able to do repairs luckily. Only I could do the majority of the mission, killing all the fighters, crewships and doing the 2 objectives solo in archwing (as the entire ship was bugged anyways, which is what caused the issues) basically the whole mission aside from repairs. The whole time my engineer was repairing (the ship was taking bugged damage slowly, not from fighters but from what I could only explain as constant small collisions).

Here is the thing, me and my pre made engineer were testing intrinsics and how much more engineers actually get vs my role, I had heard about it, and tested it on earth and it seemed like it didn't effect anything. Neither of us had affinity boosters and the intrinsics were checked in the orbiter profile screen before and after the mission, where the correct non bugged stat is shown.

The messed up part is that my engineer got 7 intrinsics from the mission. I got 3. Even though due to circumstances I had to effectively solo the entire mission, I got less then half of the progress towards intrinsics vs my engineer who patched up the ship every so often.

Intrinsics need to be looked at, certain roles just are not awarded enough if even at all vs others. In general...intrinsics are too slow to earn as it is, this just makes the problem even worse. Do kills in archwing and taking out crewships from the inside not award intrinsic progress at all? Is the away crew just always out of the intrinsic shared range (if that's a thing like affinity)? It feels like 3 intrinsics is the base amount rewarded from completing a Veil mission with no bonus on top.

Also fun bonus, if I didn't have a high enough tactical to teleport around the ship to get to the navigation console that entire mission would of ended up soft locked, the default keybind for this is "L" BTW, which the tooltips never tell you.

I feel that in general the crew enemies are severely overtuned for railjack, and frankly the stats on them feel like someone misplaced a 0. While a challenge can be nice, this is simply far too much for the initial release of a whole new gamemode.

Crewships: They shouldn't be taking so little damage per shot, much less boarding shouldn't be almost required. I say almost since you can use abilities and missiles, but they don't work well enough unless you spam them all on a single Crewship. Make attacking from the outside viable, reduce armor or health or increase Railjack damage perhaps? They're good as tanks and I like the idea of that challenge, but they're way too good at their job.

Archwings: In short? Make them tankier. Even on the first Earth Proxima mission they can't take more than three shots before dying. Alternatively, make the projectiles slower and not so pinpoint tracking so we can at least dodge them.

Resource Gathering: I don't usually have trouble with exploring maps but it can be very difficult to see resources dropped from fighters. With the vast expanse of the maps combined with dogfights you can easily lose things that may be useful to you. At least add a waypoint on dropped avionics, turrets, and components if not all drops. Collection range is good.

Edited by HammerofDusk

Everything is too expensive. 8000 of a material that takes 20 minutes to get 500 of if you're lucky enough for lots of it to drop and someone to not navigate out of the mission before you've collected and refined it all that would could manage to find, and skilled enough to not use it all fixing your ship. that's roughly 16 straight hours of this mess. for ONE piece of equipment for your ship out of 6 different equipment slots, not even going into ever individual different piece of equipment you might wanna get. yes I am talking about the "currently" best available equipment but its still a massive sink, every other thing except the starter stuff really isn't better by much. keeping in mind that this is only a fraction of what the plans for this gamemode is you REALLY need to tone these costs down, or bump of the drops a considerable amount. you're effectively locking people to the first few nodes of the game mode for days if not weeks for tiny amounts of progress if they wanna actually experience fun and not 20 straight minutes of pure stress and frustration. not that the first few nodes aren't that. Even for this game. this is honestly the worst grind you've ever released, and on the heals of the litch system which was ALSO the worst grind you guys have ever release before this, its not a good look for you. I, and I'm sure many other people, are extremely concered with the exponential curve the grind is taking with each new content release. you guys are hemorrhaging players because of this, you need to stop. most of your players aren't the no lifeing, gonna blow through every ounce of this new update in 24 hours no matter how grindy it is, type of players that you guys are putting this stuff out there for. this is the reason most of your players strive to complete missions in the fastest most efficient way possible, instead of focusing on having fun, It's because it's the only bearable way to play this game, and it just keeps getting worse.

also might wanna make the several bugs that result in the RJ missions becoming completely incompleteable your absolute top priority to fix right now. nothing like getting a rare piece of wreckage or a blueprint for one of the new warframe weapons only for the game to just decide you don't get to have it, or anything else you spent your time in that mission for. If there's anything worse than unheard of levels of grind for microscopic gains in a painfully frustrating game, It's when you LOSE those gains and waste your time due to factors completely outside of your control.

I don't see myself being able to put enough time in to be able to enjoy this game after I've gotten a job, and I definitely won't be wanting to if the game has no respect for that time. Alienating the people that can actually pay you money like this is not what you should be doing.

Able to solo railjack missions by going for long range projectile shots, since ships only spawn near places of interest (any of the procedurally spawned stuff), being in the middle of nowhere allows you to basically take down any incoming ships as they fly in straight lines towards you. 

Lots of buggyness if there's a sync issue. 

The moment the last cruiser gets its reactor blown or captain killed, and it's the last unit of the mission, it despawns, taking the player trapped on board to the void, with no working controls, forcing them to Alt F4. They can't get teleported out. Lost almost 2k pustules from those shenanigans, so far. 

Being a pilot is much less intrensic rewarding than boarding, or being a gunner/engineer (I'd say gungeneer, but that might be trademarked) 

I've noticed that Grineer fighters can run into asteroids and die, counting towards the fighter counter. I've used that to my advantage, even parking the railjack inside of asteroids and firing from cover. 

Invisibility for itzal, blinking for archwings and the vector dodges, despite being advertised as a means to evade missiles, very often does not. I've only evaded two missiles from dodging in the railjack. Mid crew ship missile volley, I dodged and two of the 10 missiles came out dumbfire, the rest were all locked on. The remaining ones still had their lock. 

Outrider mines keep accelerating and following the ship from 150m away. And if there's the slightest desynchronisation between players, can't be shot. 

The blue missiles from fighters can be shot, crew ship missiles can be shot, those are a good thing, as it keeps gunners useful. 

The particle ram is great for fighter swarms, as fighters will bank away from the railjack AFTER flying through it. Even if sitting still, flying towards them or away from them. The ram can hit targets through solid matter. 

Ramsleds seem to be the smartest unit around, or don't take collision damage and realize they have to go around. I've seen some go around asteroids to track the Railjack down.

On the topic of ramsleds, have the ability to disable throwing more ramsleds from a crew ship if you kill all the crew and take over the ship. 

I play in pre-made crews, or solo. All of my captains have me piloting, which means I stay at the helm unless the gunner / engineer really needs my help. I don't get to participate in the away missions. Because of that, I miss out on the chances for blueprints. As well as any loot from inside stations and crew ships. Unless I play solo. 

Solo play is kind of boring, as it's just sniping using projectile weapons from extreme range to thin out fighter cover, then sneak to the cruisers and then you're good. 

Next, there's no way to know you have an archwing in your slingshot as a pilot. So mid dogfight you are told to aim for one of the distant squares in the sea of squares and hold that angle for a while. Can the crew ships and the like have a triangle for their hud marker? I've taken the most damage during the whole find and aim at the cruiser phase.

Have a gunnery skill that tightens the hud square around the fighters as we currently have some fighters that don't even occupy half their squares, meaning that center of mass doesn't even hit. Let me clarify, the fighter only occupies the lower half of the square, so if you aim for the middle of the square, you will miss it. 

I'm triggering some motion sickness in other players mid dogfight. That can't be helped, but I thought you'd like to know I value the comfort of Cephalon Cy and the ship more than that of the crew, mid dogfight lol

When the slingshot has just launched someone and they're still on their way, if another person loads in, the slingshot will jam. And stay jammed until the entire crew restarts their clients. 

One more thing, a lead piper would be nice for arcwings, because guessing with slow fire weapons is not the most fun. 

I otherwise love being able to share my love for flying in Warframe. We're getting nice part drops on the regular. Only thing that doesn't seem to be dropping as much are the pustules. Might just be bias because it looks like everything calls for them, and less for other parts of salvage. 

The grind for the new parts to repair is balanced, compared to the time it takes to get to the current endgame content. 

I've only been to saturn so far, are there still mire Grineer by the veil? I'm aware that we'll soon have those two squad co-op missions to take down Nef Anyo's forces in orbit over Venus, I'm looking forward to that. Just hope their beam weapons have more range than my particle rail, that thing is EXTREMELY deadly. Plus it only takes flux to cast and project, but not to keep up forever. 

The doma artillery feels more like a lightshow. With dramatic sounds, as it can't even cripple or do significant damage to crew ships. 

The missiles are neat ordinance to take down a single fighter. 

The lock on laser is devastating, it's my favorite weapon. 

Fires mostly occur if boarded, which if you have a good pilot and crew, happens rarely, I hope there's plans for hull breach sealing tactical cards. My main captain has removed their fire control. 

I'll take a break or stop here for today. I've been typing on my phone for the past hour and a half lol

I'm loving the update and just want to bring up the problems and tidbits I've come across. 

I thought this thread was just for difficulty feedback so I started a different one, but looks like my suggestion belongs here instead!

On 2019-12-14 at 9:09 AM, moondog548 said:

Maybe an extra button for "refine 50%" instead of the full amount.  Maybe a slider to pick a %.  Maybe by default it only refines a % to DE's liking (lower than 100%)

Seems like an "easy" fix to the complaints about puggies fighting over when to refine?

I've seen a lot of people saying their archguns do better than the railjack guns.  The solution: upgrade your railjack guns.  You'll need to do this anyway to play missions past Earth where the archguns don't cut it.

I've seen a lot of people saying their archwings die too fast.  I disagree.  If you're careful, and you don't just fly headlong into enemies, you can get from point A to point B in the highest level missions just fine.

I've seen a lot of people saying revolite is too expensive.  The less you get hit, the less you'll need.  I know this sounds dismissive, but the best way to avoid using revolite is to coordinate with your teammates -- avoid flying into groups of enemies with nobody in the gunner seats, for example.

The biggest complaint I hear about Warframe is "there's no challenge".  But whenever new stuff comes out, the veterans come along and say it's too hard.