Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

1 hour ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

I've seen a lot of people saying their archguns do better than the railjack guns.  The solution: upgrade your railjack guns.  You'll need to do this anyway to play missions past Earth where the archguns don't cut it.

Status build Imperator or Cyngas kills things surprisingly quick even in the Veil due to how Puncture and Slash get turned into Particle and Plasma. And the effects of those are a stacking increase in damage taken and armor shredding.

Can you guys bring back Normal, non-Elite CUTTER variant back to late-Saturn and Veil missions?

In late-Saturn you really start to see that they get replaced by these Elite Cutters that have more health and shoot homing rockets. but I feel like they just...don't give the same "UMPF!" that normal Cutters do with their Autoguns. I'm not saying to remove the Elite CUtters I think they serve a purpose but I'd really love to have regular Cutters back because they really make the missions a lot more alive in my opinion. when they hit my ship with their autogun shots  and create these mini-explosions.

Elite Cutters just shoot their rockets and I feel like they sometimes don't even hit me at all, they just fly around me and that's it. Possibly a hit-reg thing but I'm unsure.

I think it's a fair deal, bring back non-elite Cutters along side the elite ones, just to make the missions a lot more alive because it does get really quiet and uneventful, Earth Proxima has more intensity than late Saturn Proxima I feel. 

Also, I don't see a problem with dying easily outside of Railjack in Archwing mode, you either play it properly and safely or you risk yourself out in the open and well...wander on your own. It's a fair deal, I hate it when randoms just fly out of my Railjack just doing their own thing, It sometimes helps but it makes things a little boring imo, especially with Amesha's slow ability. It doesn't happen all the time but it's regular enough. 

So the fluctus which I have enjoyed using forever is going to need to be replaced with another Archgun because all the ships in railjack can out run the shots. I think this needs a little adjustment so it more useful then shooting static targets or something flying right at you.

Edited by Zelmen

1 hour ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

I've seen a lot of people saying their archguns do better than the railjack guns.  The solution: upgrade your railjack guns.  You'll need to do this anyway to play missions past Earth where the archguns don't cut it.

I've seen a lot of people saying their archwings die too fast.  I disagree.  If you're careful, and you don't just fly headlong into enemies, you can get from point A to point B in the highest level missions just fine.

I've seen a lot of people saying revolite is too expensive.  The less you get hit, the less you'll need.  I know this sounds dismissive, but the best way to avoid using revolite is to coordinate with your teammates -- avoid flying into groups of enemies with nobody in the gunner seats, for example.

The biggest complaint I hear about Warframe is "there's no challenge".  But whenever new stuff comes out, the veterans come along and say it's too hard.

'Just upgrade your Railjack guns' isn't a solution.  Sure, you'll need to do it anyways, but you have to grind all the materials to do it, with the S#&$tiest Railjack guns.  Because of that, materials are constantly going to repairing the ship, since the starter guns can't barely hack it on the easiest Earth mission.  Plus, you have to wait days on end for research on the better guns... and the update has not been out long enough for that.  Or, you're saying to buy a rush repair drone... which, in a free-to-play game, paying to avoid a design flaw is also not a solution. 

Archwings aren't too weak... but that's only if the player runs Amesha and has all abilities simultaneously active.  If you don't see why that's a problem, then there's nothing that could be said that would make you think otherwise.  Enemy ships are faster than the player's Archwing at full speed, and even with Blink only a small gap can be created between the Archwing and enemy fighter, and that's only every other Blink.  And it's just annoying to have to run 5 kilometres away from the enemies and skirt the map boundary to get to the objective.  Especially since a set of fighters spawn on the objective when you get close to it, completely negating that stealth. 

Revolite isn't too expensive - Revolite is needed too much.  It's incredibly dismissive to say 'just don't get hit', when Railjack is slower than a tortoise (and enemy fighters), and enemies come to swarm the Railjack in large numbers.  Have you even played Railjack?  'Avoid the enemies' is a bad meme in this case. 

It's not that the content is challenging - it's that it's a boring, uninspired, repetitive, frustrating slog for resources that sometimes disappear into the void, as well as have to be used to play the missions in which you obtain them.  The challenge shouldn't be against bugs and uninspired mechanics that introduce artificial difficulty and arbitrarily increase the grind - challenge should be the player being rewarded for skillfully applying their efforts.  There's no skill or tactics in Empyrean, and rewards are dismal at best.  How can you even call it a 'challenge'? 

In my opinion we have a problem - any archwing can be one-shot by even lowest level crewship.

Also crewships aren't so easy to find - they look similar to other ships so its hard to distinguish them at distance.

Even Amesha's bubble is useless against such attacks.

Second thing - why grineer are having 10-50times bigger firepower and much huger hull HP(on easiest missions)?

Why do they have HOMING bullets with NO FALLOFF but we don't?

Also blink cooldown is too big for such intense fights - in a second(1 to 1.5 sec) you are dead already because blink is still charging and new swarm of homing rockets is near.

Enemy small ships are having too big speed - they are around 2 times faster than archwings in full speed mode.

Not even talking about their evasive movements that would put over 80g on a pilot if we apply physics laws to their speed, acceleration and trajectory.

23 hours ago, BradKing said:

You should keep playing and evaluate if these points are still valid in your opinion.

Played more. Saw shielded reactors...just right.

Points still valid.

Still think that Crewships should decimate any AW in their sights.   AWs should be more resilient to survive the "swarm" tho... I never said that AW should die to normal ships as fast as they die to Crewships.

Crewship has a "deadzone" (behind). So, if AWs are balanced to survive the swarm (but not Crewship), its decent.  Also, more reasons to use AW slingshot.  Coz if AWs become too tough, then Slingshot will be completely ignored...and thats no good.

Amesha's Benevolent Decoy has infinite scaling...and its huge. One Amesha can completely Shield Railjack from any amount of Crewships, while also blocking decent portion of swarm damage.  That is OP even if other AWs get buffed...simply because of how it works.  

Once your skilled pilot (both skill and pilot rank) realizes he's piloting a space helicopter going up against space planes, your revolite use should drop down to however much you were using before, to 50 in a mission where you have a cruiser spawn on top of you. 

My ship, which I only take out for solo missions doesn't really need hull repairs or anything. 

Even more so if you equip a particle ram. (I wouldn't be surprised if it got nerfed. It feels like warframe melee spin to win) 

The biggest hurtle is getting those first wins and avionics mods. After that, a new crew can start out. 

It is unfortunate, that the Artillery Cannon isn't really used all that much.
The only real target for them are crewships (at least at the moment) and it is usually just easier to send 1 person to board them instead of spending resources and coordinating a good shot.
And then of course that doesn't even destroy the crewships in the higher lvl missions.

It doesn't affect me personally very much, but unless you are the pilot, having maxed out gear seems quite important. Even if you are just hanging around on the ship mostly repairing stuff, you sometimes have to deal with boarding crews. I don't quite understand why railjack shouldn't be more new player friendly.

I would prefer having specific mission types. Most relevant there would be knowing, where to farm the blueprints for the new weapons, so knowing which missions usually have a commander in them.

Crewship damage against archwings seems too high. There are ways to avoid it, but I still get 1-shot quite a lot.
Most of the enemies take least a full magazine of my imperator vandal. I haven't tried all the other archguns, but the fluctus seemed completely unusable.
In general, the whole thing seems very disconnected from the rest of the game. You don't find the same enemies like in regular archwing and the grineer soldiers are also different.

For the launch, the missions are really fun. In the long run I hope we get to see some of the real potential this could have. I would love to see more different enemy ships, that require different approaches and more complex objectives, that require proper teamwork.

Crewships HURT like hell, even in earth missions.

They're a big reason why Amesha became a high demand archwing in these mission. Reduce the damage on the crewships. OR, give a different indicator so players can differentiate fighter planes and crewships. They're so good at hiding in distance, while killing players unexpectedly with homing projectiles.

You removed archguns hitscans for balancing, where's the PROJECTILE SPEED mod?

Also add projectile speed avionics (mod) for railjack, so other types of turrets won't be left out.

Some fighter plane speeds are too fast. gunners are having a hard time to aim.

Amesha's 3 became a meta in railjack runs, so gunners can have easier time killing off fighter planes.

Either nerf Amesha, or buff other Archwings. Give them a Railjack exclusive stats (abilities)

Quick, before Amesha become the new Itzal of open worlds pre-blink-rework. Now, the simplest strategy on hardest railjack mission (veil) is for one amesha player to turn 3 on (slow down enemies). Use Amesha 1 for survivability (and chase crewships to destroy), Amesha 2 to protect the railjack, and Amesha 4 for energy refund. All those skillsets are godlike in railjack missions that other archwings get left out.

Add Vacuum Avionics (railjack mod, sucks item in 500-1000m away)

Farming Titanium to repair railjack parts is a pain. Enemies don't drop those so players have to find it manually. Not to mention while the requirements of repairing with titaniums are high (15k on MK III parts), finding them on veil missions are still too low (average of 300-500 per railjack mission, which takes around 10 min). 

This new game mode, I LOVE IT so much. It's a great fresh air and fun to play (kuva lich still suck because there are layers of RNGs). I look forward for your rebalancing on the game. Thanks!

I never comment on these things but RJ has forced me to step out of the shadows and put in my two cents.

1.  Background

I am lvl 5 on all the intrinsics and have played all the missions up to the last 2 Saturn missions several times.  I have spent some platinum to upgrade to the mark II version of systems and weapons.

2.  The Good

I enjoy flying in my archwing and taking over crewships and blowing them up and breaking into asteroid bases and stealing things.  This gameplay seems very well connected to previous warframe play.

3.  Bugs

There are a ton of bugs that need to be fixed.  I have loaded onto a mission stuck in the kneeling positions.  I have exited the gun turret to lose all ability to move or talk (ESC) still worked.  I've gotten stuck in the turrets unable to leave or move or type.  I've blown up the prototype ship before it left the asteroid only to get stuck inside the asteroid until the end of the mission.  My Archwing melee weapons regularly stay on me when I go into crew ships or asteroid bases.  I have entered a crewship with lvl 60 crew and only been able to do 2 hp worth of damage, died and revived, and then suddenly could 1 hit everything.  Killing a crewship with your RJ or Archwing doesn't seem to actually kill it and doesn't add to your destroyed crew ship count.  The Intrinsics earned in the mission doesn't seem to have any actual connection to how many Intrinsics I will have avaliable in the Dojo.  I see different Intrinsics when I finish the mission, when I return to my launcher and when I go to the Dojo.  It would be great if you could fix all these things but I think that these issues are really just minor pains compared to the conceptual issues and fundamental gameplay issues.

4.  Conceptual Issues

We are space ninjas.  Our bodies have been corrupted to make us living weapons and all our energy has been used to make us into the ultimate war machines.  Why is the most deadly weapon in the known universe relegated to putting out fires, and sealing breaches on a space ship?  This is the job for robots or regular crew.  1 Pilot, 2 gunners (one gunner can deal with bording parties) and an away team seems like a perfect mix for combat.  We don't need a guy to repair stuff.

If I were to actually be trying to come up with a plan as a Warframe for this content I would use my orbiter to get me into the area and drop me off in my Archwing, fly over to a crewship and take it over and begin attacking the enemy fighters with their own crewship which also conveniently happens to be unkillable and way more powerful then the RJ.  Once I killed all the fighters I would detonate the crewships and sabotage asteroid bases.  Complete the mission and fly back to my Orbiter for pickup.  There is literally 0 need for a RJ even in the new content you have created.  It would have been better to build a translation engine for the orbiter as a delivery method and then spend your time and energy making Archwing fighting amazing.

There are zero synergies between the first part of the game and this new content.  First of all you have created all new resources for RJ.  I have found 2 archwing mods that I didn't have already in the various missions and I have heard there are Umbral Forma Blueprints but I haven't gotten one other then that there is nothing connecting this content to the previous content.  That wouldn't be so bad if it was fun.  But not being able to hit things and then when I do hit things not doing any damage to them is not my idea of fun.  I get that in the future there probably will be some reason we need a RJ but currently this add on content doesn't have any purpose if it isn't fun.

RJ are the pinnacle of Orokin technology and they apparently are made of paper and shoot confetti and you can punch a whole in one by looking at it funny.  No wonder they lost the war.

5.  Gameplay Issues

We have a giant ship filled with nothing.  Why would we not bring more goo to seal up holes in the ship if that was a serous problem.   For that matter load the whole back half of the ship with missiles.  Someone else has mentioned making a resource that is only good for the purpose of crafting things in mission so you are not waisting your valuable resources that you need to repair your found weapons in basic gameplay and is only available for the mission you are playing.  I could get behind this idea.

Archwing Melee is totally broken.  Arching weapons are totally broken half of the weapon bullets won't actually go fast enough to hit a ship.  The ones that are fast enough don't do enough damage by Saturn missions to make it worth even trying to kill things with them.   I have had good luck surviving in the Archwing using Anesha spamming 1 but by Saturn not of the weapons did any damage to the fighters.   If the actual plan was for us to take over crewships and use them as weapons against the enemy then you should have made the RJ the delivery system and just dropped you off and left until you signaled for pickups.

RJ component repairs are stupidly expensive.  I don't think I would be able to have made one repair yet if I wasn't using Platinum for them.  

RJ are useless even when upgraded.  The only thing that they are good for is getting you into the battle.  Once in battle they are basically a liability.   You are too busy fixing it to actually fight with it even if you could damage anything with your sissy little weapons.  By the end of Saturn even with MK II weapons the amount of shots require to kill one ship and the cool down required between shots is crazy stupid.  I hear that the battle mods are pretty powerful for the RJ but I haven't had one drop yet but if so then once again spamming abilities will once again save the day instead of actual game play.

4 hours ago, shootaman777 said:

'Just upgrade your Railjack guns' isn't a solution.  Sure, you'll need to do it anyways, but you have to grind all the materials to do it, with the S#&$tiest Railjack guns.  Because of that, materials are constantly going to repairing the ship, since the starter guns can't barely hack it on the easiest Earth mission.  Plus, you have to wait days on end for research on the better guns... and the update has not been out long enough for that.  Or, you're saying to buy a rush repair drone... which, in a free-to-play game, paying to avoid a design flaw is also not a solution. 

Archwings aren't too weak... but that's only if the player runs Amesha and has all abilities simultaneously active.  If you don't see why that's a problem, then there's nothing that could be said that would make you think otherwise.  Enemy ships are faster than the player's Archwing at full speed, and even with Blink only a small gap can be created between the Archwing and enemy fighter, and that's only every other Blink.  And it's just annoying to have to run 5 kilometres away from the enemies and skirt the map boundary to get to the objective.  Especially since a set of fighters spawn on the objective when you get close to it, completely negating that stealth. 

Revolite isn't too expensive - Revolite is needed too much.  It's incredibly dismissive to say 'just don't get hit', when Railjack is slower than a tortoise (and enemy fighters), and enemies come to swarm the Railjack in large numbers.  Have you even played Railjack?  'Avoid the enemies' is a bad meme in this case. 

It's not that the content is challenging - it's that it's a boring, uninspired, repetitive, frustrating slog for resources that sometimes disappear into the void, as well as have to be used to play the missions in which you obtain them.  The challenge shouldn't be against bugs and uninspired mechanics that introduce artificial difficulty and arbitrarily increase the grind - challenge should be the player being rewarded for skillfully applying their efforts.  There's no skill or tactics in Empyrean, and rewards are dismal at best.  How can you even call it a 'challenge'? 

You don't get the good guns via research, you get them through repairing wreckage, which only takes 12hr -- same as building any regular weapon.

I run Odonata Prime.  I don't get the Amesha hype.  As long as you don't try to make archwing your main form of combat -- which just isn't how railjack is supposed to work -- you can get by with judicious ability use and good flying. There's a lot of room between fling into enemies and "run 5 kilometres away".  If you want to outrun enemies, choose your flight lines carefully, and maybe try hyperion thrusters.

(I do think archwings need a wider variety of mods.  The current selection is pretty pathetic.)

The railjack is weak -- until you upgrade it.  You can say the same thing about everything else in Warframe.  The Grendel missions illustrated that, and even then we were already familiar with the frames and weapons.  Give railjack some time, work out your preferred strats.  As for "Have (I) even played railjack?": yes.  I've played with very bad squads and very good squads, and I feel confident saying that a bit of upgrading and a bit of coordination and a bit of strategy can make the Earth and Saturn missions a delight.

Edit: "I" in square brackets does italics formatting, so I changed it.

Edited by 2ndPersonPlural

2 hours ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

Archmelee still doesn't work in Railjack, and it doesn't autolock onto enemies. This needs to be changed before next week so we can actually use our full arsenal.

Melee 3.0 bungled it up, I think, because even in NORMAL Archwing missions, there is no lock-on/dash, meaning melee is impossible. I mentioned this in my massive write-up one page back. It sucks. Especially since meleeing stuff is how I scan things in Archwing. Loved the mod, till melee stopped working. 😞

So, as it stands, railjack is in a weird place. Currently, the best way to progress in railjack... is to get out of the railjack. Archwing weapons tear up railjack enemies like they were made of paper. Archwings themselves are definitely on the fragile side, but with some careful timing Amesha can stand up to even the toughest enemies. I ran the first Veil Proxima mission solo and beat all of the fighters and crew ships—it was hard, and I used up all my revives, but I got it done (and then couldn't complete the two on-foot objectives).

Railjack weapons don't do enough damage. I've got Mk III photors on my pilot and Mk II on my turrets, with maxed turret damage avionics and grid. They start to lose punch at the highest levels of Earth, and when you get into Saturn they're not worth using at all. Maybe there's Mk IV or V out there that I haven't run into yet, but I genuinely can't imagine trying to run high-level Saturn or Veil Proxima missions using the railjack.

Another issue is that the on-foot enemies are nutso powerful. I'm running on Nova, and on Saturn or higher they literally one-shot me—I can't allow a single enemy to get off a single shot, or I die. I could run a tougher frame, obviously, but I feel like the content probably shouldn't be forcing us to only use tank frames.

27 minutes ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

You don't get the good guns via research, you get them through repairing wreckage, which only takes 12hr -- same as building any regular weapon.

I run Odonata Prime.  I don't get the Amesha hype.  As long as you don't try to make archwing your main form of combat -- which just isn't how railjack is supposed to work -- you can get by with judicious ability use and good flying. There's a lot of room between fling into enemies and "run 5 kilometres away".  If you want to outrun enemies, choose your flight lines carefully, and maybe try hyperion thrusters.

(I do think archwings need a wider variety of mods.  The current selection is pretty pathetic.)

The railjack is weak -- until you upgrade it.  You can say the same thing about everything else in Warframe.  The Grendel missions illustrated that, and even then we were already familiar with the frames and weapons.  Give railjack some time, work out your preferred strats.  As for "Have (I) even played railjack?": yes.  I've played with very bad squads and very good squads, and I feel confident saying that a bit of upgrading and a bit of coordination and a bit of strategy can make the Earth and Saturn missions a delight.

Edit: "I" in square brackets does italics formatting, so I changed it.

I dont agree. The railjack is weak even after you upgrade it. As I said in my above post, I'm running Mk II and II photors, and once I get into the mid-range Saturn stuff they're just not worth using anymore. It takes forever to down just one fighter.

Currently, the best way to do a railjack mission without spending three hours slowly whittling away all those fighters is to get out of your railjack and waste them with an archgun. Amesha is best-suited for that—possibly the only archwing suited for that. Espeically since I've heard that Itzal's Penumbra doesn't work in railjack.

5 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

So, as it stands, railjack is in a weird place. Currently, the best way to progress in railjack... is to get out of the railjack. Archwing weapons tear up railjack enemies like they were made of paper. Archwings themselves are definitely on the fragile side, but with some careful timing Amesha can stand up to even the toughest enemies. I ran the first Veil Proxima mission solo and beat all of the fighters and crew ships—it was hard, and I used up all my revives, but I got it done (and then couldn't complete the two on-foot objectives).

Railjack weapons don't do enough damage. I've got Mk III photors on my pilot and Mk II on my turrets, with maxed turret damage avionics and grid. They start to lose punch at the highest levels of Earth, and when you get into Saturn they're not worth using at all. Maybe there's Mk IV or V out there that I haven't run into yet, but I genuinely can't imagine trying to run high-level Saturn or Veil Proxima missions using the railjack.

Another issue is that the on-foot enemies are nutso powerful. I'm running on Nova, and on Saturn or higher they literally one-shot me—I can't allow a single enemy to get off a single shot, or I die. I could run a tougher frame, obviously, but I feel like the content probably shouldn't be forcing us to only use tank frames.

The Archwing weapons seem fine around Earth but by mid Saturn they don't seem to be making much of a dent.  What weapon are you using that tears up the enemies mid to late Saturn?

6 minutes ago, SirChaddy said:

The Archwing weapons seem fine around Earth but by mid Saturn they don't seem to be making much of a dent.  What weapon are you using that tears up the enemies mid to late Saturn?

Imperator Vandal. By late Saturn it definitely takes some doing, half a clip or more to take out each fighter, but it's still way faster than trying to tickle them to death with railjack guns.

I've read that status hits way harder than crit, so I'm going to try out the Cyngas soon.

I would really like to be able to tell when a friendly player is on a crewship. I can see when they take control of the ship, but if they just go inside of it you can't tell until either it starts to blow up or they start driving. This causes things like using the forward artillery on a ship immediately after an ally flies into it or running in to take over a ship an ally is blowing up (or vice versa).

Similarly being able to mark items and enemies would be very handy from inside the railjack. Frequently my friend will say there's a crew ship over there, but I'm not sure which one he's talking about. Also for gunners to mark resources for the pilot to grab or other priority target.

Here some problems that can be fixed from my point of view:

1) Universal Vacuum / Loot radar
I like to shoot and kill stuff, but i dont like to wander in space collecting the resources. Normally to get all drops in a normal mission we take 5-10 minutes, and we also have loot radar. Here we have no radar and a little vacuum that's still bugged (sometimes it doesn't work). Can you create a vacuum with infinite range, or a way to automatically mark resources? You can put it as an avionic or as an ability of the Pilot intrinsic.

2) 3d Radar
Speaking of radar, is it possible to have a 3d radar? I guess not...

3) Radiator
The radiator is meant to be destroyed with railjack, then why does my arch-gun melt it? Is this what you wanted?

4) Resources inside stations/ships
Why are resources inside stations and ships individual? All resources go inside the forge, so why shouldn't these go there too? Are you telling us to not cooperate and go on our own?

5) Railjack invincibility
It is very difficult to die in a mission, considering you have 60 seconds of invincibility and then we can recover hp easily during a critical failure. What if every 1000 damage taken, the countdown is reduced by 1s?

6) Rewards
Sorry but NO ONE wants 3k credits as a reward. It's like telling us "oh you did one mission in 30 minutes. Congratulations! Here's your reward: nothing. Deal with it."

5 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Amesha's Benevolent Decoy has infinite scaling...and its huge. One Amesha can completely Shield Railjack from any amount of Crewships, while also blocking decent portion of swarm damage.  That is OP even if other AWs get buffed...simply because of how it works.  

Not in my experience. Railjack enemies ignore her bubble quite often. It takes some of the heat off, yes—from one direction—but it certainly can't fully protect a railjack.

Having now played quite a lot of RJ; I enjoy it and I think the mode is a good addition to the game, however I have quite a bit of feedback:

1. Scaling:

The scaling is waaaay out of wack; that's the only way to put it really. The enemies are all far too high level too early in RJ progression; Earth is meant to be the starter planet, yet the crew have a level range of 15-57. By the time you get to Saturn the lowest level crewman is almost twice the level of the standard-mode boss of the whole planet....

Almost everyone that leaves a Railjack now has an Amesha strapped to their back, because that's the only way to survive (especially if there's a crewship). I don't mind Archwings mostly being a travel mode rather than a fighter-craft, but the rate at which they die is just rage-inducing. If this is meant to be the main way of killing crewships, then the player should actually be able to reach a crewship without abusing one cheese-build that still doesn't have a 100% success rate. Tone down the damage dealt to Archwings, even if you leave their abilities at wet-noodle levels.

And I get that this is meant to be a later gamemode than any of the others (we all know Fashionframe is the true endgame), but the health and resists of 'mid range' (i.e. Saturn) enemy crew are higher than most enemies I face in Sorties; I know Wisp ain't the tankiest thing around but I've taken to going stealth Operator in enemy crewships to hack the generator and then oneshot it on the way out because otherwise half the time I board a ship I get oneshot before I can even finish casting my first Mote.

2. Costs:

I understand that the initial RJ weapons and systems are trash tier, and we're meant to upgrade as we progress, but spending 4.5k of an essentially mode-exclusive resource on an item that is only going to serve me about 1/3 the time it took me to farm up those mats is just too steep; especially when 2.25k of those I will never see again. I will fully admit that even though I have my own Railjack, I've just been joining public missions to get the Mk2 variants because the Mk1s aren't worth it, and in ~30 more Intrinsics' time I'll be doing the same in Veil, because it's honestly quicker to do that than grind my own RJ's gear through each planet.

3. Looting:

In standard mode and AW missions you are fairly contained, and even in PoE/Orb Vallis you can't get too far away from the loot items, so collecting them all isn't too hard; and for the open world zones there's the option to go in without a mission objective and farm. In RJ, the map is truly gigantic, you need to spend a portion of the resources you do pick up on ammo and repairs, the enemies have a tendency to fly off into the middle of nowhere to die after the killing blow, and different zones have different loot. The standard model of walk over loot to collect just does not work in this mode. As it currently stands the only place to get the Pennant and Quellor is to kill a galleon/asteroid base commander and get lucky; anyone still on the Railjack when that happens is just plain out of luck (I have personally lost out on a Quellor BP thanks to this, and the only way I got the Pennant BP was by rushing the asteroid base like a selfish asshat, despite all my Intrinsics being in Gunnery and Engineering).

Seriously, just ditch the current loot system and use loot-share at least. The system is intended for the crew to have different roles, stop screwing us over for it.

3a. Randomised Stats:

This is just for the shield array, engines and generator; get rid of the randomised stats on these things and standardise them like the weapons are.These are core systems of a spacecraft that the rest of its build is centred around, not Riven Mods. A Riven is a nice thing to have on top of an already strong weapon build; I do not want my Railjack Avionics capped by terrible RNG^2 (once for the drop and again for the roll). Warframes/Archwings/weapons/companions do not have randomised capacity, Catalysts don't provide randomised capacity boosts, why has this cropped up on Railjacks?

4. Nit-picks:

Not as serious as the other categories, but little things I think need examining:

• Show damage type conversions for arch-weapon mods (i.e. show which standard damage types convert to which Railjack types).
  • Votes for Navigation; there are votes in PoE/Vallis for taking another Bounty, why not in RJ?
  • Avionics needs a 'sort by type' option.
  • Battle Avionics are too hard to get hold of considering there are none prefitted.
  • Cryophon generates heat too quickly to be useful; if there was another gun run in parallel to it to deal damage this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but since it has to cc and damage it needs looking at (either up the damage or lower the heat).
  • Lock on with the targeting reticule could be more obvious.
  • Let us keep the Omni equipped in the ranged slot if we melee: this was done for open-world tools.
  • After using a Forge, equipped item is the Parazon, which is not useful.

Again, I do enjoy this mode, and given how different it is from anything done before I get that it will have growing pains; what is important is learning from those pains.

It would be great to see a few Intrinsic 7, Veil-level mission nodes on Saturn and Earth Proxima, just for the sake of diversity in scenery. I feel like staring at the Veil all the time might get a bit repetative, and there is not much reason to go back to Saturn and Earth once you unlock the Veil.

Crewships feel way too resilient to Railjack turrets, while doing way too much damage to Railjack and Archwing. With Grineer Crewships being nigh-unkillable by anything and everything and having perfect accuracy weaponry, why even drive the Railjack? Just leave it away and hop into a crewship, and you win. Crewship OP nerf pls.

There is something that heals enemy fighters. Not sure what it is, probably the pulse turbine. It's not a problem itself, but there is an interaction between it and Outriders - they can end up full HP with no weak points, which makes them INCREDIBLY hard to kill. Maybe, make every destroyed node increase damage received by the Outrider?

Another problem with crewship missiles is them bypassing Odonata's Energy Shell, probably due to AoE damage. Really, no archwing but Amesha is useful in Railjack. i don't know what to do with Elytron, but giving Itzal the ability to move in invis and making Odonata's Energy Shell missilie-resistant would be a good start.

Making archguns projectile weapons is a really bad idea because we have to eyeball the lead, cus there is no marker from Gunnery Intrinsinc.

Not sure if it is a bug, but Void Cloak, even when maxed and equipped in max-level grid doesn't go beyond 53 second 50% speed 120s cooldown, which seems to be equal to the effect you receive if you just max it and equip in an unupgraded grid. I really expected Void Cloak to be unlimited duration when maxed on a max level grid. Slowdown and cooldown are fine.

Archwing is way too slow compared to fighters. Either slow them down a bit or make Archwing faster, please.

Enemy base stats are overtuned, for both ships and crew. Archwing and Railjack weapons don't have enough damage to deal with anything at higher level missions in reasonable amount of time. The way it's all balanced right now doesn't feel like Warframe.

Amesha dying with all buffs active to a stray missile is not ok. Getting evaporated as Umbral Wukong by a couple of lv60 crewmembers is not ok.

Archwing and Railjack weapons need a damage buff across the board, that includes Forward Artillery on Railjack and all the damage-dealing abilities.

15 hours ago, Rasdan said:

Either nerf Amesha, or buff other Archwings. Give them a Railjack exclusive stats (abilities)

Quick, before Amesha become the new Itzal of open worlds pre-blink-rework. Now, the simplest strategy on hardest railjack mission (veil) is for one amesha player to turn 3 on (slow down enemies). Use Amesha 1 for survivability (and chase crewships to destroy), Amesha 2 to protect the railjack, and Amesha 4 for energy refund. All those skillsets are godlike in railjack missions that other archwings get left out.

No need to nerf Amesha, better buff others.

Like for Elytron bursts globe should be 10 times bigger than Amesha's bubble - this would help a lot cleaning up smaller mobs around the ship.

Buff Itzals vacuum to make Itzal invulnerable for duration+3sec and suck EVERYTHING in  a really big radius including enemies and their bullets for 5 sec base.

Make Odonata's shields block all damage from one direction like Volt shields do and triple slingshot range when having shields on.