Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

There should be some sort of hints from cy for dealing against crewships especially early on where people don't have slingshot, amesha or has access to artillery.

On that note please expose artillery stats somewhere so we know what we can expect cos its definitely not a onehit kill shot, just has a lot of damage.

Ok, let's get into it

The Bad

• All loot should be shared among squadmates, including personal pickups done via Warframe, whether that's in the Railjack itself or via away team.  I lost a Quellor BP due to the mission completing and being unable to board the Galleon in time to run to where the BP had dropped.  I was unable to leave my RJ earlier due to the constant stream of boarders and missiles coming from the Galleon forcing me to tend to the multiple breaches, fires and invaders before disembarking.
  • The randomness of the salvaged item stats.  Making them a clear better choice than the previous tier of components would be a good start.  As it is now, I have a MK2 reactor that has 1 more avionic point of capacity than a MK1 I also have.  The MK2 comes with maybe another 30ish max Flux capacity, which barely makes a difference.  I've only seen a handful of Warframe powers that use less than 40 Flux to activate, and all the other battle and tactical stuff I've seen needs a minimum of 50.
  • Enemy scaling.  I have several multi-forma weapons that are capable of cutting through level 90+ enemies like butter, requiring only a steady hand for headshots at worst.  I ran a few nodes on Saturn and there were some 70+ crewship officers who were taking well over a dozen hits from my riven'd zaw katana to kill.  This is while said officer was debuffed via Gara's 4 and 2.  Eventually Gara's passive procced and I was able to do a finisher on the officer for the last ~1/3 of her health.  Challenging is good, but early Saturn/late Earth feels much better than mid-to-late Saturn as far as troop difficulty goes.
  • Archwing fragility.  Boy am I glad I'm an Amesha fanboy.  Amesha actually does great for an Archwing, and has amazing support potential with 3 being a huge aoe slow on all nearby craft.  I feel for someone else who wants to run something other than Amesha, and even with Amesha the TTK when my drones are down can be so quick that I don't have time to notice my drones are down before it's too late.  Not sure what to do here exactly, but maybe starting with some different damage values on an AW compared to the RJ would be one avenue to pursue.
  • Not being able to spend intrinsics without having your own ship.  Seems like a gross oversight.  I guess it's nice for when someone eventually gets their ship, in that they'll have a huge pool of stuff saved up, but that's an awful lot of delayed gratification given the minimum ~73 hours needed to wait for part completion and do the necessary quests.  Never mind the 6mil credit price tag.
  • Credit's as mission clear rewards.  A minimum of 50k would be nice.  2 and 3k?  That's just insulting.  Scale it up based on level, sure.  2-3k for the early Earth missions isn't great but it certainly feels a bit more appropriate for the work you put in.  Spending 30 minutes in a mission on Saturn just to walk out with 5k credits as rewards is painful.  Scale it up such that by the end of Earth you're getting ~25-30k for a success, with Saturn starting at ~30k and ending around 70k, and the Void starting around 70k and ending near 100k.

The Good

• With some practice and a bit of intrinsic investment, the Railjacks feel good.  You're agile enough that you can swing that baby around to draw a bead on a target with surprising ease.
  • When it all comes together, it is *damn* fun.
  • I've had more positive squad-based interactions via Railjacks than I think I've ever had before in my time on Warframe, so anything that encourages and rewards more of that great positive teamwork is the direction you want to continue to go in.  I've added more people to my friends list in the past few days since the patch first dropped than I think I have in the past year.
  • The weapons all feel unique, in a good way.  I can see justification for the Milati over the Galvarc, or the Tycho over the Milati and so on.  None seems clearly OP, with each weapon having clear strengths and drawbacks.  I can't stand the Photor but I love the Carcinoxx, while I've seen other players melt ships like no one's business using the Photor.  That's some good weapon diversity there.
  • Cy's personality is a treasure.

Stuff that's mostly some improvement suggestions

• The tactical overlay screen (default L) isn't bad, but a few more command options (i.e. "board that ship" or "man the artillery/slingshot" or what have you) would be welcomed.
  • Now that I understand how it works, I like the concept of the Forge.  It allows you to generate "free" resources from the main four via upgrades in the Engineering tree, and that's neat.  I also like the idea of combat re-arming via loot you gain in mission, even if it does detract from your overall haul in the long run.  I'd like to see a more comprehensive explanation of what the Forge does and how to use it properly, along with a larger capacity.  It seems like any of the main four resources gained past 200 just kinda disappear into the Void.  I may be wrong on that, but even so I'd like to at least see more Forge capacity beyond 200 accessible in some way, be it through a change in the game or perhaps as upgrades given via the Eng intrinsic tree (maybe +20 forge cap per level or something).
  • I'd also like to see a resource "reserve" option for the Forge, where you designate a certain threshold that each resource cannot fall below until mission completion is achieved.  This will prevent the "oops I refined it all" situations that sometimes come up and lead to catastrophe as you need Omni butter to repair a hole in the wall but can't make anymore butter cause your outta milk.
  • Players absolutely need to be able to spend intrinsic points they get prior to having a Railjack of their own, but barring that, having some amount of "bleed" from the owner of a Railjack would be a decent stopgap.  Maybe the owner can allocate up to 5 ranks of intrinsics to be accessed by visitors to the ship as a baseline.  So as an example I could designate 2 in Gunnery, 2 in Piloting and 1 in Engineering, and if someone came in with less than the ranks I designated in those trees then they would be given a temporary boost to those ranks while they crewed my ship.  I could go all out with 5 Gunnery, and then a newbie or someone without 5 Gunnery could come in and use the main cannon and slingshot without a hitch.  If anything, this will whet the appetite of people, as they see the perks they'll eventually be able to get via Railjack and be more incentivized to overcome the grind to get their own.
  • I second what others have said about always showing enemy boarders on the map.  I mean, you can see exactly where they are on the tactical map, so why not the regular one too?
  • A clearer indication of which battle avionics can be applied where.  It's a simple thing, but perhaps making the different slots more visually distinct, and changing relevant avionics to be of similar distinction to their appropriate slot.  I.e. the slot for Seeker missiles could be bordered in a vibrant red, and Seeker missiles (and other things that go in the same slot) would share that vibrant red border.
  • A proper tutorial!  Something like a brief walkthrough done by Cy to prep the Tenno, leading out into a simple training mission in the free flight zone that awards a MK1 weapon of choice (fully built) along with a few intrinsic points to get people started.  Have Cy walk you through the various things you can do and where to access them, then put it into practice in the free flight zone against target drones.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ShakeyMac said:

• not being able to spend intrinsics without having your own ship.  Seems like a gross oversight.  I guess it's nice for when someone eventually gets their ship, in that they'll have a huge pool of stuff saved up, but that's an awful lot of delayed gratification given the minimum ~73 hours needed to wait for part completion and do the necessary quests.  Never mind the 6mil credit price tag.

Esc -> Profile -> Intrinsics

You can access intrinsics management trough your Tenno profile without needing a Drydock or Railjack.

Right clicking on each intrinsic tab category shows actual abilities descriptions

20 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Melee 3.0 bungled it up, I think, because even in NORMAL Archwing missions, there is no lock-on/dash, meaning melee is impossible. I mentioned this in my massive write-up one page back. It sucks. Especially since meleeing stuff is how I scan things in Archwing. Loved the mod, till melee stopped working. 😞

That and the fact it hasn't had it's damage converted to the Railjack types so it deals 0 damage even if you do manage to hit the enemies.

give us a limited 1 time release event that after completing veil proxima we auto get the new weapons (or sumnt) thats NOT dependent on bugs... also make it a bug report reward clan competition or sumnt

i dont mind bugs. i do mind losing all progress to them... I Hate when my "team" can hurt us... make crews ships do more dmg. so when my team insists on abandoning us to use that useless... why can my team destroy, ACTUALLY destroy, us by 'refining' of all things... if its going to be co-op make a troll pass why not?

I did actuially hear statments of intent toward co-op friendly environ. so i try hard Not to take it as sadism. the public statments as to the 'intent" of co-op is, recently, well done...

its awesome except for the bugs 😄

10 hours ago, Harutomata said:

So.. what's the reason endo is completely missing from railjack reward tables?

If they dilute the reward pools of one more thing with an insignificant amount of endo I'll quit the game. Please don't encourage them.

there's enough ways through the rest of the game to get large quantities of endo. I get enough mod drops just playing regularly to fund pretty much anything by dissolving duplicates. and if I ever find myself needing more endo than I can get out of duplicates I have a massive stockpile of atayan sculptures I haven't touched from the various ways of obtaining those. sorties, arbitrations, always doing the weekly for them, or just finding them randomly. It doesn't need to drop from everything. it absolutely shouldn't be in any mission reward pool at all. endo feels like a big grind early in the game, and about in the middle when you're trying to fund the massive costs of prime mods. but it drops so plentifully from pretty much all sources that you'll quickly end up with more than you know what to do with just from farming for other things.

RJ has it's own version of endo specifically just for RJ stuff. I'm happy with those missions only dropping that, and not endo on top of it.

10 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Esc -> Profile -> Intrinsics

You can access intrinsics management trough your Tenno profile without needing a Drydock or Railjack.

Right clicking on each intrinsic tab category shows actual abilities descriptions

Thank you for this, that worked like a charm.  Be nice if it was more obvious though.

I've been wondering why, as a pilot I've been getting less intrensics than my gunners, even if I'm killing more than them. And then it hit me, like a giant wall of energy. My particle ram is very possibly eating experience points. The ram is by far the cheapest and most efficient weapon so far. I'm using the base apoc just to land a long range shot to grab their attention. And get the fun started. 

Different icon on the cruisers kind of works. Not so much in the heat of combat, as the icon reverts to a square the moment the ship isn't onscreen. So it takes some attention to line up the slingshot. It's reached the point where I just keep away from crew ships until the fighters are all gone. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

BUG: seems to happen mostly when exiting the pilot/turrets or re-entering the railjack, this didn't happen before upgrading my gunnery skill to get a 360 view (the music is something I added because its appropriate for the level of ridiculousness)

this bug restricts me to either gunning the turret or jumping around like a mad grashopper

1 hour ago, Legat_Reo said:
Please, I want to continue the battle with the spawned enemies when the task is completed.

and some of us would like to be able to collect resources in peace without our ship being constantly on the verge of exploding and needing to waste our resources on repairs after the task is complete so please don't ask for this

Edited by PollexMessier
spelling
  • Like 4

I just discovered wreckage has random stats.

no

No

NO NO NO

DE remove this right now

The random stats on the litch weapons were worrying, and now this is confirming my fears. We cannot have random stats on equipment. ESPECIALLY when we're expected to put in tens of hours to farm the resources needed for a single one. This is a terrible slope, you will destroy your game.

PLEASE TO NOT DO THIS.

STOP

• Like 4

• Resources should be easier to be picked up. Finishing a mission and having to fly around for 15 more minutes to collect everything is just stupid and a waste of time.
  • The amount of cubic diodes, pustrels, carbides and copernics needed to repair wreckage is too high compared to the other resources.
  • You're too vulnerable while flying around in archwing mode. Reviving yourself and getting blown to pieces without having moved an inch is ridiculous.

Points 1 and 2 are more or less the same issue. If one gets solved the other one will be easier to bear. The mission difficulty is ok, but in order to progress a little you need a better ship, hence more resources.

Missions:
Having only one type of mission that plays the exact same each time and gets longer and longer isn't very fun over long play sessions. 10+ minutes to kill 90 fighters isn't very fun. Endless missions let you bail after ~5 minutes if it sucks.
5 minutes should really be the target mission time. Which can be extended though post mission looting and post mission points of interest.

All the additional mission objectives are functionally identical, barring the kill the commander objective on the last node in the system.
It goes like this: Deploy a person to a small set of rooms with a few enemies: They hack something, someone on the outside breaks something, repeat this back and forth until done.

The different types of installation I think in theory are meant to be different for the railjack team. But they just seem to break down this way:
- Missile platform. Stay out of sight. You can't shoot the missiles down or destroy the turrets so just hide I guess.
- Ship killer platform. Stay out of sight (just go under the rock).
- Pulse generator. It doesn't do anything as far as I can see.
- Hanger. It doesn't do anything. The boarding party gets a crew ship if it doesn't glitch out.
- All. Shoot down ram sled. The Ram sleds don't stop after the objective is completed either, they seem bugged.

Each of the sub objectives (missile platform, hanger, etc) need to have multiple ways they are taken down. So it's not predictable as soon as you enter the mission.

For assassinate, people rush to the boss to gets it's drop. Leaving the person maintaining the railjack SOL for getting any drops.
I've never actually seen a commander boss, since players just rush them. And you can't play this mode solo.
The galleons also apparently shoot missiles according to Cy. But they appear to be broken and don't fire.

The post mission 'loot everything' phase:
The really weird part is that the space area is arranged in a giant line of premade debris clouds. But you attack all required enemies at the first area, then maybe there is another objective at the second area. Then nothing for 5 more 'tiles'.
So you complete the mission, then spend another 5+ minutes combing the level for loot with no enemies except for weak turrets.
Maybe hide some optional bonus objectives in the area? Like points of interest you can investigate as mentioned on stream?
I heard there are some in void proxima, but you need to add some earlier ones.

If the post mission 'loot everything' is going to be a thing. Please add new stations to improve the experience. I mean, there probably should be some downtime to restock supplies and refine the forge anyway.
Idea: Add a tractor beam to the engineering room that can scan for and suck up loot/rocks at a huge distance. And an AI crewman can be told to handle this task.
Idea: Some sort of homeworld ui-like scanner to find loot and optional objectives after the mission.

Enemy space ship behaviours:
I like that the new space fleet isn't a group of floating space turrets. That was a big problem in archwing.

Flak ships don't seem to have anything besides shooting you. The Elite versions do have a shield though to make them unique.
Their show moving projectiles don't seem to do much to the railjack.

Cutter ships seem to be the generic grinner fighter. Except they do >500% damage than the flak ship and are basically unavoidable. Their machine guns are super damaging for a mook fighter.
Their role should be to swarm, keep shields down with constant machine gun fire and get killed by the player quickly.
The elite versions have homing missiles(?) and a lot more health? so basically the same issue as the cutter except more.

The Taktis ships that spin and create homing blue balls are cool. Since you can shoot the balls down.
I think their damage is pretty low (compared to crew ships super long range homing missile and cutters) and should be raised, but there a few gameplay issues that prevent them doing more damage.
- The railjack does not get any missile direction and range warnings so players won't know they are being shot at by slow moving homing missiles if they are off screen.
- They can shoot at very close range, giving gunners no time to react.

Outriders are probably the best enemy. They have weak points that make them reasonable to kill, but require you to get close to hit effectively in an archwing or railjack.
Or you can use ordnance to maybe delete them in one shot or at least do good damage if they hit the weak points.
They also have a fly past and drop mines attack pattern, so like the blue ball dudes you can shoot the mines down or dodge away.

Crew ships can instantly delete non amesha archwings. Even though boarding the crew ship with archwings seems to be the crew ship counter.
Crew ships can shoot the side explosives backwards, which doesn't match it's turret viewfinder if you use them (though technically the guns can swivel backwards). Flying behind one should be a safe zone. And disabling the engines lets you keep the safe zone in one place.

Crew ships can very reliably instantly deplete the railjhacks hp as soon as they are in weapons range. I feel this is a little extreme.
Really instead of their side turrets being no warning death launchers, they could use a mmo style or ace combat 7 style 'the enemy is lining up on you, move now to not die'

Would need to test more, but the crew ship front homing missiles seems to have no counterplay. If they are looking at you, you get hit and die / critical rupture. Also space is typically wide open with no cover. Trying to poke around asteroids doesn't work since the crew ship will open up on you as soon as they are in los.
The forward crew ship gun is really good when you hijack it though.
I think the crew ship forward gun should be altered to be a burst fire gun with a longer reload, and the missiles move slower. They are still quick but can be shot down by the railjacks turrents. This would lower their effectiveness in player hands a little, but they would still be good to snipe fighters with homing rockets one at a time (since enemies can't shoot the missiles down)

Crew ships seem to be able to survive anything except for the reactor being destroyed or death by forward artillery.
I guess their self restore when on zero hp mimics the railjacks ability to never die. And to encourage solo away teams / slingshot use.
But even if you kill everyone on the ship, or everyone bar the pilot, they still magically repair the ship some how.

The problem is that the forward artillery fails to destroy the crew ship in one shot mid way though Saturn (with mods) and other forms of external damage do virtually nothing. I think having to dps the ship down then use the forward artillery to finish it with the main gun is reasonable at higher levels, but it's a currently a huge time sink to try to lower it's hp. The forward artillery is useless / resource inefficient past early Saturn.
A gunnery intrinsic could be the ability to see if a target will die to the forward artillery while you are aiming the gun.

Crew ships can have it's engines disabled. But for what purpose? It can still shoot it all directions.
Also, the engines can seemingly absorb the forward artillery shot, making the ship take zero damage.

I see the Grineer Ogma appears to be missing. It could be a light bomber and deadly melee attacker. In the same class as the outrider.

Mission Difficulty:
Fighters take too long to destroy. They feel like they are meant to be the basic grineer mook enemies but can typically survive a full barrage from a railjack turret and fly right past you. I guess if their hp was lowered, you would have to spawn more to make up for the fighters that die on the first approach of a group.

Elite cutters take FOREVER to destroy. I think they should have the same hp as current normal fighters, but have a hp gate invincible barrel roll animation (they can still shoot you while doing this). Shooting them while they barrel roll extends the barrel roll for more invincibility. So they are tanky, and more tanky if you just mindlessly keep shooting them.

About how hard these missions are. As long as people are not hitting the refine button over and over, you have enough repair juice and critical failure invincibility time to tough it out for like >10 minutes. All that's required is a spare player to be the repair monkey.
The real difficulty is your willpower getting ground down by the tanky enemies everywhere, and the time investment to clearing out 90 fighters.

To be honest, special mission guns like the ship killer platform should probably be able to execute you if it hits you when you have a critical failure (with a grace period if the ship killer itself puts you into critical failure state, so it needs two shots).
I've also seen grineer borders deploy a bomb while I was solo and away from the railjack testing things. I assume this kills you instantly, but I've never seen it deployed in a live game.

Space Grineer:
The space Grineer troops seem to have 1000% more armour. Did you add an extra 0 by accident?
Guns seems useless against them, the way to fight them is to ignore them with a tank frame, make it so they can't fight with cc or blow them up with the recently buffed melee weapons.
Their damage seems improved as well, maybe due to them not instantly being killed. So squishy frames have a harder time.
This just seems to take the current problem with armour scaling / player power and makes it worse. You really need to fix the scaling / player power relationship in a different way.
- Maybe just soft cap / diminishing returns on +damage mod effects applied on enemies you want to be harder, so lower level players entering railjack aren't useless against the mega armour.
- Player damage pretty much completely scales from +strength and +damage mods right (status damage is based on +damage as well I think?) so adding an enemy armour that does "past +300% damage +damage starts to get worse" could help?

Archwing difficulty / use in Railjack missions:
In general:
  - Non Amesha archwings get instantly destroyed by enemy fire. Crew ships insta-gib with no warning.
  - Archwings are pretty slow compared to enemy fighters, making it hard to dogfight.
  - Archwing guns need an innate predictive sight now, cause they are no longer hitscan and it's tough to judge at longer distances
  - Archwing melee is unusable. The vertiux seems to have homing slash but others do not.
  - Archwing damage does not appear to scale well in Saturn and above.

Add a little invincibility when exiting a ship into your archwing. So you don't die in the cutscene / fade in. A similar mechanic to transference invincibility.

Here is an alternative to buff archwing in railjack without using intrinsics (also was posted in intrinsics thread):
Maaybe have an archwing aura component on the railjack that buffs damage (Fighter Command Link), the aura works like Wisps pickups, where it lasts for a duration after you leave the radius, and you come back to refresh it.
It exists in the dojo research with multiple tiers starting with Saturn Tier (Teir 1) to bring archwing damage up to work at Saturn and the Veil. Since it exists in the dojo it's probably going to be guaranteed that a player upgrades it as they progress in the railjack star chart. The crafting requirement being that you can access the correct tiered resource to build it, rather than the cost.
Remove the avionic archwing damage buff, since an archwing is player specific, and avionics are controlled by one player. if you join a random game and wanted to use archwing but the host didn't have that slotted, GG.
But a tactical avionic that boosts the range of the fighter command link (and debuffs enemy fighters?) might be nice. You could even give this Avionic as a first clear of earth reward, to encourage players to build the tier 1 fighter command link to use the avionic with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If they dilute the reward pools of one more thing with an insignificant amount of endo I'll quit the game. Please don't encourage them.

Speak for yourself tbh, I still have plenty of mods to upgrade and I'm nonstop short on endo, and railjack is the only content right now probably that straight up gives 0 endo. But I guess Nano Spores, Plastids etc. we get from RJ is far more important than endo and we definitely not have millions of them sitting around. Obviously. Just because you don't need it, others shouldn't get any? How thoughtful and considerate. 
Plus DE doesn't necessarily have to put them on the strict reward pools where it'd dilute the pool in a way you'd get it over rewards you specifically want, which I never claimed it should be changed that way, but you instantly jumped to that conclusion. The RJ enemy targets could drop some endo too. That wouldn't hurt anyone now, would it? Or it could be an extra roll, therefore not diluting the loot table at all, still. 

On 2019-12-13 at 3:12 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

- Archwing need to be change with their abilities and their speed. If archwing get increasing defensive stats for railjack mode, it's might be result into a * Game too easy * situation.

- Railjack need looting assistants, resources locating and long range attractors.

- Bugs need to be fix, or Command /unstuck should completely refresh player due to interacting too fasts.

- Enemies's healing sphere need significantly reduction on healing percentages and need less damage to be destroy.

- Outrider's shield Generator can be recorver OR They can't be heal. Their Mines should be stand still.

- Missles platform should not aim for archwing, they are too deadly and nearly can't be avoid.

You know what'd be nice? If the matchmaking for empyrean took intrinsics into account. Either pull the info from people's profiles and use that, or let people select a preferred role from a dropdown menu and try to match that way.
The nodes themselves... I mean yeah a bit lackluster, but I expect that will be changing soon. Current Empyrean is held together with spit, duct tape, and crossed developer fingers - and fairly so, considering how fast they shoved it out the door to keep to the promised Tennocon 2019 deadline. I have no doubt it will get significant added content in 2020, including the promised PoIs.
Honestly though I'm really just excited for the bug fixes - because frankly, if I hated the game mode, I wouldn't really care or get frustrated about the constant absolutely game breaking (or even just mission breaking) bugs... but when Railjack missions work, they are stupendous glorious amounts of fun, and I love them to death, and that makes a crash or a bugged mission objective sting that much harder.

Noticing a number of players joining missions where there is a station commander objective resulting in some undesirable group play behavior...

1. If they notice the commander is already dead and there are still other objectives in play, they will leave the mission after briefly moving

2. If the commander is alive, they will leave the railjack and beeline straight for the commanders station or ship, at this point they will complete the kill objective and then leave the mission.

I assume this is primarily to farm the two new weapons introduced in the update... Unfortunately loot dropped from enemies on the stations and crewships aren't always universally shared... I would recommend the weapons drops come from completing the mission rather than drop directly from the commander

Il y a 8 heures, Harutomata a dit :

Speak for yourself tbh, I still have plenty of mods to upgrade and I'm nonstop short on endo, and railjack is the only content right now probably that straight up gives 0 endo. But I guess Nano Spores, Plastids etc. we get from RJ is far more important than endo and we definitely not have millions of them sitting around. Obviously. Just because you don't need it, others shouldn't get any? How thoughtful and considerate. 
Plus DE doesn't necessarily have to put them on the strict reward pools where it'd dilute the pool in a way you'd get it over rewards you specifically want, which I never claimed it should be changed that way, but you instantly jumped to that conclusion. The RJ enemy targets could drop some endo too. That wouldn't hurt anyone now, would it? Or it could be an extra roll, therefore not diluting the loot table at all, still. 

Only players who are rushing the game need that much Endo cause Endo is everywhere. Selling mods or Sorties only are giving tons of Endo alone. So if you don't have enough Endo, that's only because you can't learn patience or play the game in some weird ways.

Anyway Spores or plastids shouldn't even be a thing, especially in higher level missions. One can spend A LOT of time in some Void missions, especially with a 1-2 players team only, and tbh rewards suck really bad. So far between the ridiculous amount of rewards and all the gamebreaking bugs, Railjack is a complete waste of time.

Even new materials are obtained in ridiculous amount compared to how much we need to repair or craft high tier RJ gear. I'm still wondering if a single thing works fine, did anyone @ DE ever tried to craft anything or even tried to complete solo any kind of Void mission (with the kind of RJ you're playing with, not the magically fully upgraded one).

Edited by 000l000

Il y a 11 heures, PollexMessier a dit :

and some of us would like to be able to collect resources in peace without our ship being constantly on the verge of exploding and needing to waste our resources on repairs after the task is complete so please don't ask for this

Asking for more enemies is as worthless as asking for more time to get more ressources. You can get both in starting another mission, both are a complete waste of time. Some players are taking the concept of farming quite literally which isn't even productive since the only real tedious thing everyone needs in huge amount is intrinsics - Wasting your time farming enemies or asteroids in space for hours won't ever help with that.

Edited by 000l000

Il y a 9 heures, Kaadu a dit :

Crew ships can instantly delete non amesha archwings. Even though boarding the crew ship with archwings seems to be the crew ship counter.
Crew ships can shoot the side explosives backwards, which doesn't match it's turret viewfinder if you use them (though technically the guns can swivel backwards). Flying behind one should be a safe zone. And disabling the engines lets you keep the safe zone in one place.

Crew ships can very reliably instantly deplete the railjhacks hp as soon as they are in weapons range. I feel this is a little extreme.
Really instead of their side turrets being no warning death launchers, they could use a mmo style or ace combat 7 style 'the enemy is lining up on you, move now to not die'

Would need to test more, but the crew ship front homing missiles seems to have no counterplay. If they are looking at you, you get hit and die / critical rupture. Also space is typically wide open with no cover. Trying to poke around asteroids doesn't work since the crew ship will open up on you as soon as they are in los.
The forward crew ship gun is really good when you hijack it though.
I think the crew ship forward gun should be altered to be a burst fire gun with a longer reload, and the missiles move slower. They are still quick but can be shot down by the railjacks turrents. This would lower their effectiveness in player hands a little, but they would still be good to snipe fighters with homing rockets one at a time (since enemies can't shoot the missiles down)

Crew ships seem to be able to survive anything except for the reactor being destroyed or death by forward artillery.
I guess their self restore when on zero hp mimics the railjacks ability to never die. And to encourage solo away teams / slingshot use.
But even if you kill everyone on the ship, or everyone bar the pilot, they still magically repair the ship some how.

Crew ships are the real pain in the * especially in one or two players team. their damage/range output is completely broken, RJ is already made of paper but so far this ships are way too much of a threat, at any range.

Missiles shouldn't be that precise (same with every ships tbh), even some agile RJ will struggle with maneuvers, homing missiles should be slower and less precise. They should also have lower turning abilities, one should be able to dodge them while strafing away at decent speed. Quite funnily no enemy shot can miss its target when all of our weapons are basically missing all of their shots, it's quite poor AI design tbh.

But the worst part is that systematic boarding pod they launch at all range, it's a mess to track and with one or two players only, boarding crews are way too punishing. This part of the game is completely unbalanced, frustrating and really not fun. I got the concept too, but when players don't have fun, you can throw your concept out of the window.

Using slingshot to attack them is interesting but (1) if you're the pilot, running through your entire ship to enter your slingshot is dumb as hell and a waste of time (2) yyou can't fly no more so you're being invaded or obliterated by missiles (3) since slingshot needs you to actually see your target, you're screwed cause he's also seeing you....

All ideas aren't bad but they really need to stop thinking about fixing stuff and starting to rework stuff that simply doesn't work instead.