Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Empyrean: Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your feedback on the new Tenno Reinforcements! This can either weapons or cosmetics, so if you have any feedback on any of the items below, then be sure to let us know! The items included are:

• Excalibur Zato Collection
  • Operator Zato Collection
  • Quellor Primary Weapon
  • Pennant Melee Weapon
  • Sigma Collection Items

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike an item or weapon.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

8 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Quellor Primary Weapon

this is with a fresh modding at MR 25 + plus catalyst

so uhhh....300 round mag, with a BASE fire rate of.6....."a rapid-fire assault rifle".....its SSOOO slow, why would i use it over something that is far faster? with such a LONG reload time (4 seconds BASE) and slow rate of fire, i would have expected MUCH higher stats than 12% crit chance with a 1.6x mult and 38% status. yeah it hits status nice, but the inate cold doesnt help much with the better procs.

The charged shot: hits hard, one shotting most grunts at level 60.....BUT its 4 shots IF you dont fire any primary rounds....and its a flat 75 ammo per. This NEEDS to be changed to a charge based so we can fire off if we are under 75 rounds instead of auto reload. The range of it is also rather short for a "cannon" this thing needs innate ammo mutation due to this I ran out of ammo FAR to quickly with a combination of both modes

I feel like i HAVE to put on Vile acceleration to get anything meaningful out of this thing. At least you gave us 2 Vs unlike the Pennant which has NOTHING.

That being said, it LOOKS beautiful.

• Like 2

Quellor:

The energy colour on the Quellor does not change properly. The light blue energy bar inside the "ring" section changes in the preview when you change the energy colour, but remains light blue (default colour). Shooting sounds also seem exceedingly loud compared to ambient noise levels.

Zundi Pistol Skin:

Does apply to neither beam weapons of any kind, dual pistols, nor the Cyanex.

Sigma Series Parazon Skin:

Is misaligned in the equipment screen upon selection. Also appears almost comically large in comparison to the standard Parazon:

Sigma Series Chestplate:

Clips into Wukong Prime's chest, rendering it invisible. Floats completely outside of Wisp's chest

• Like 2

Would like to see exalted blade skin be applyable without needing the zato skin equipped similar to mesa's deluxe skin. Would also like to see an AUX slot similar to nekros/nidus/valkyr to remove the "bone-visor" as i feel the bone on the helmet is too overboard and could be an AUX slot instead.

• Like 2

Excalibur Zato's primary color overlaps too much with other color channels. 

Primary colors affects the whole main body, the cloth, the band on his arms, the orbs, that thing that comes out of from the back of his head and some other stuff. It is pretty hard to color this skin because one color can mess up with 80% of the skin, and the original concept is not like that one bit. If you use the default colors, it kinda looks similar to the original concept, but darker colors works somewhat ok, even though it still has differences. But if you try to color the skin any differently, things gets messy. According to Liger Inuzuka's concept, the primary color channel currently is what he had in mind for the accents.

The skin also seems to be missing a few details, like the dagger on his waist.

If the colors don't get fixed, I am considering asking for a refund, cuz I was really looking forward to this skin, but I can barely look at it now. 

FRRCV4f.png

IFaFEAL.png

On 2019-12-13 at 8:53 PM, Anthraxicus said:

Excalibur Zato's primary color overlaps too much with other color channels. 

Primary colors affects the whole main body, the cloth, the band on his arms, the orbs, that thing that comes out of from the back of his head and some other stuff. It is pretty hard to color this skin because one color can mess up with 80% of the skin, and the original concept is not like that one bit. If you use the default colors, it kinda looks similar to the original concept, but darker colors works somewhat ok, even though it still has differences. But if you try to color the skin any differently, things gets messy. According to Liger Inuzuka's concept, the primary color channel currently is what he had in mind for the accents.

The skin also seems to be missing a few details, like the dagger on his waist.

If the colors don't get fixed, I am considering asking for a refund, cuz I was really looking forward to this skin, but I can barely look at it now. 

Spoiler

FRRCV4f.png

IFaFEAL.png

they'll probably fix it EVENTUALLY, same thing happened with wukong deluxe.

As for the pennant/quellor, the description for the blueprint needs to be a bit more clear, it's not obvious what it means and I've seen several different "answers" for sources, one saying it comes from the boss node on saturn and the other saying that it comes from boarding parties that originated from galleons. The description doesn't clear it up either; it could be "on board the galleons", or "invading boarding parties from the galleons", or "upon invading galleons". How it is currently just isn't clear enough.

edi: for those that don't know how to get it, you get it from the assassination mission in the saturn railjack zone, it can drop from the boss.

yfrisbspak.png

Edited by Zyga21
now I know

Excalibur Zato skin:

• Braid/collar clips with pretty much every syandana, both DE-made and tennogen. It also clips with torso armor.
  • Certain color channels are responsible for too many things. For example, primary color is also applied to some metallic dangly bits. Why? Shouldn't they be covered by "accents"?
  • Plate-looking things on the left thigh clip through the cloth. - fixed
  • There is no way to pick the Zato variant of the exalted blade on its own.

Aside from that - it's great. Same goes for the whole Zato bundle.

• Animations are especially good because they solve the clipping issues of the recently released kuva armor.
  • Plus they look Smokin' HotThis game does not promote smoking or the use of cigarettes 
  • There is a problem though, the animation for holding primary rifles/shotguns is bugged. Your Warframe has a strong case of hover hand when it comes to touching the weapon. Spoiler contains screenshots.
    Spoiler

5we6Qcu_18E.jpgCzKY3GRYOzc.jpg

Zundi pistol skin has the usual mag disappearance bug torturing it.

Also, giving an assault rifle 6 fire rate and 4 seconds reload with an alt fire that eats the whole mag in 4 shots is a bad idea. Not everyone uses Gauss or Wisp all the time and installing both fire rate AND reload mods doesn't work well with most builds.

Edited by Lone_Dude

I feel like Quellor's power doesn't reflect it's heavy drawbacks, or its MR - comparing it to the Tigris Prime, which has huge damage output despite putting the player in a vulnerable position almost immediately thereafter, and is in that same mastery rank.

Quellor's primary fire does not deal enough damage. I can get behind a slower, heavy-hitting, status-focused machine gun, but its damage per shot doesn't match with that, and can't properly capitalise on the status potential, leading to harsh fall-off at level 100-ish, especially against Railjack enemies. For a weapon acquired by Railjack and themed after the Railjack, I find that odd. Some buffs in this department would be nice.

As for the Secondary fire, I feel like it could either be made a bit more accessible, or really sell that hefty cost. For the former, a reduction in the amount of ammo might suffice - even as little as reducing it from 75 to 50 per shot would add an extra shot and make it more likely a player will have enough ammo to fire one off in a pinch. For the latter, a wider range or radial damage burst might help make it a serious crowd-clearer, giving it greater potential as a high-cost, high-reward attack. Making it so that firing it is worth 75 ammo with a straight-up BFG shot would certainly make the fire more appealing.

Spoiler

Image result for BFG shot gif

• Like 3

Haven't fully invested into it yet, but so far I like it. 

Edit: messed around with it some more.

Imo buff suggestion wise it should go like this

Increase magazine size to 500 

Increase ammo count to 2000

Reduce alt fire cost to 50 ammo per shot

Increase primary fire rate to 10

or

Buff reload to 3s

Reduce alt fire cost to 25/30 ammo per shot

Increase primary fire rate to 10

Edited by Madway7

On 2019-12-13 at 3:48 PM, Raiken_Shepard said:

Would like to see exalted blade skin be applyable without needing the zato skin equipped similar to mesa's deluxe skin. Would also like to see an AUX slot similar to nekros/nidus/valkyr to remove the "bone-visor" as i feel the bone on the helmet is too overboard and could be an AUX slot instead.

Not just that...I've said it time and again. The large flagrant/gawdy additions should be able to be toggled. Some artists don't know when to leave well enough alone and wind up spoiling the whole piece. I could go down the list on the myriad of frames with asymmetric overflared bits....those do nothing arms on that amazing nidus skin? At first I thought they had a purpose...silly me but...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Literally impossible to get a RJ mission with a galleon. And even if one does spawn the only enemy in it is the captain. IDK how we’re expected to get these weapons.

Galleon: Flexa - Veil

Asteroid Base: Kasio's Rest - Saturn

Seems like they're 100% spawns, both missions always have a commander.

Also (probably unintended), the blueprints are tradable 

trade_2.png

The quellor alt-fire do need some work for players to start using it. 

The fall-off, the ammo efficiency, the 4 shots magazine size, put together made this weapon a bad fit for the average content of this game. 

Most of the bosses in this game doesnt need such a heavy hitter like quellor's alt-fire

The only end-game boss that might need this level of fire power is the tridolon fight, but unfortunately it also needs long-range and smaller projectile with good accuracy to be viable. 

So please, at least make the alt-firing mode useful in one of the in-game scenarios without changing its identity. 

• Like 2

Quellor Feedback (4 Forma Invested).

Ammo Economy :  Ammo economy is terrible. 75 ammo per shot for alt fire? I tried building for Alt Fire and when I use it frequently I ran out of ammo too fast with it. Reducing it to 50 would definitely fix it

Primary Fire The primary fire is a bit lackluster. 6.00 fire rate seems to be a bit low for an LMG like rifle. Buff it to double the amount. Stats are ok though.

Secondary Fire : High ammo cost, low fall-off. Why? I know you are scared of creating another catchmoon. But 18 meter fall-off for a primary weapon is too low. Maybe buff it to 25 meters max? Stats are ok.

Edited by DrivaMain

None of the new weapons have straight forward builds, which is great imo.

Quellor: Using the alt fire below 75 shots in the magazine can be annoying, because it starts a reload right away. Usually I then try to use the primary, but instead I'm stuck in a super long reload animation.

Pennant: The unique mechanic of the pennant is difficult to make work. Generally you want to have the attack speed up front and not after killing your enemies. This goes against the way you would want to use heavy attacks, which are better for finishing of stronger enemies. Building up combo, finishing off the enemies and then keeping the buff for the next group also doesn't work, because you don't really get to/ want to build up enough combo to make the buff long enough.
If the duration was based on something else like combo duration or if it could be stacked with itself, that would help a lot.

Spoiler

Shedu: The weapon reminds me a lot of the Astilla. Both don't feel very satisfying to use.

I've messed around with the Pennant a bit. Aesthetically, I really love how this thing looks. Functionally, though, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Perhaps it was just how I was approaching it, I don't know. This is my perspective.

This thing is painfully slow at base. To counter this, the speed-boost granted on heavy attacks is substantial. However, building up any form of combo meter with this thing is a real trial in patience. By the time I can even swing it, teammates can zoom by and obliterate everything. This also means missed attacks are more punishing than normal. Not to mention that horrendous(Wise Razor) animation where we have to spin the sword around. It looks cool, yes, but it is actively detrimental to maintaining a combo meter. It's almost a must to dodge-cancel this animation because of how slow it is with this weapon's base speed. I think it might actually be faster to dodge cancel it than to let it finish. If not, it's pretty close.

However, when I did finally wind up and unleash the true power of this thing, it was pretty ridiculous. It has crazy high potential for devastation. The problem, though, is even getting to a point to use this boost. In 8 rounds of Disruption, I think I was only able to really get it going twice. Then, the round ended, the enemies disappeared, and it was back to mediocrity. It's not exactly what I would call a great reward for trying to actively maintain something. Excavation you move around, Defense has time between waves, Interception has inconsistent enemy saturation, where is best to utilize this? Survival only?

Sure, I could slap a speed mod on to counter the weapon's base speed but that would be totally redundant when it's wound up. Or, I could just build it and totally ignore its special property because it's a bit tough to actually utilize. This doesn't even address the fact that heavy attacks are generally finishers for heavy enemies. A speed boost after that seems a bit strange.

As for suggestions: I would flatten out the speed boost a bit between low combo meter and high combo meter. Executing a heavy attack at 2x combo almost guarantees the entire bonus will basically evaporate before the next swing can even happen. This would help ease the pain of having to build up literally any combo meter to expend for a boost. Right now, the juice just doesn't seem like it's worth the squeeze.

Note: I was not using Naramon for this, nor Zenurik. I was only using Drifting Contact and True Punishment. I thought the latter would help build up the meter faster since initially it's very slow. It doesn't really matter, though, if there are no enemies to hit with a heavy attack, the enemies die before your blade contacts the enemies, you miss, or the fact it's hard enough to maintain the combo meter at all due to the weapon's poor speed. I actually built for heavy attack efficiency as well, to keep the speed boost going, but due to the aforementioned troubles it doesn't even seem worth it. The combo meter disappears in total very often regardless.

Also, if anyone has suggestions or different mod configurations, I'd be happy to give it a whirl. I'll probably mess around with it more later, though.