Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Either the intrinsics gained shown on the end of mission screen is bugged or points aren't being awarded properly.  My last mission series showed that I got 42 when I left group at the drydock, but when I went to spend them afterward, I only had 34, and I had 22 before starting.

• Like 1

General:
With a booster the progress seems good. The key abilities seems to be at level 5 or below, which doesn't make them unreasonable to reach.

The Intrinsics menu is really hard to find if you don't have a railjack built. Players would not know they exist unless they are told. And the game doesn't tell them.
I guess it should available in a new arsenal tab. Would be the most logical place for players to run their eyes over it. And the first time you click on it it will tell you about railjack.

There are a few filler abilities. All the rank 1 abilities should be baseline, but they are so cheap it isn't too bad.

I mean, the rank 1 engineer skill is just do the baseline thing better. And the others should be innate but it's harder to downgrade them.
What you could do is:

• Make rank 1 Piloting use no boost bar when boosting (so it only get consumed by drifting and evading, since drifting seems faster and evading breaks locks). Giving ship sprint as an innate might help the fresh railjack not feel as sluggish.
  • Make rank 1 Tactical not be so limiting to not have, there should be a tactical console (between the turrets?) to support the away team with the full tactical menu (minus teleporting?). And the subsequent tactical menu unlocks just let you use the menu remotely. Maybe rank 5 Tactical would need to be changed, since it would be less useful to use the menu from the away team to support the ship (free support casts every x seconds?).
  •  Make Rank 1 Gunnery gives range to target, and make the gunner lead indicator innate. Since range matters for damage fall off.

With tactical support being available from a console, a low level tactical re-ordering:
  Rank 1: Deploy Tactical Avionics. Use the Tactical menu remotely with L (including spectating others).
  Rank 2: Ability Kinesis. Warframe abilities can be deployed as tactical support using the remote menu.
  Rank 3: Command Link: Fast Travel within vessel.
  Rank 4: Overseer: Free support cast every x seconds.
  Rank 5: Recall Warp: Omni gear can be used to warp aboard the ship from anywhere. This is really the game changer for the tactical tree. Until rank 10.

Archwing intrinsics:
I don't like the archwing intrinsics.

I feel like archwing should use a more 'normal' warframe progression that doesn't directly match the railjack progression. And archwing railjack gameplay damage out / damage in / relative speeds should be fun without the need for intrinsics.
Archwing Blink died so a cooldown reduction could be added in the tactical intrinsic tree. So sad. New Blink's clunkyness will still exist after the cooldown reduction, so this is a waste of a intrinsic.

Here is an alternative to buff archwing in railjack without using intrinsics:

Maaybe have an archwing aura component on the railjack that buffs damage (Fighter Command Link), the aura works like Wisps pickups, where it lasts for a duration after you leave the radius, and you come back to refresh it.

It exists in the dojo research with multiple tiers starting with Saturn Tier (Teir 1) to bring archwing damage up to work at Saturn and the Veil. Since it exists in the dojo it's probably going to be guaranteed that a player upgrades it as they progress in the railjack star chart. The crafting requirement being that you can access the correct tiered resource to build it, rather than the cost.

Remove the avionics archwing damage buff, since an archwing is player specific, and avionics are controlled by one player. if you join a random game and wanted to use archwing but the host didn't have that slotted, GG.

But a tactical avionic that boosts the range of the fighter command link (and debuffs enemy fighters?) might be nice. You could even give this Avionic as a first clear of earth reward, to encourage players to build the tier 1 fighter command link to use the avionic with.

The current key abilities for what feels like minimum player effectiveness in the railjack seem to be:
  Rank 3 Tactical for quick travel in railjack.
  Rank 4 Tactical for warp back to railjack
  Rank 5 Tactical to be able to the L menu as demonstrated in the dev streams. Though I feel tactical support is rarely used.

Rank 2 Pilot to make the blue balls lose lock. Though it's hard to see how much damage the balls actually do.
  Rank 5 Pilot for drifting at high speeds

Rank 2 Gunnery for phantom eye. So side guns are useful.
  Rank 4 Gunnery for for being able to use the slingshot as shown in the dev stream.
  Rank 5 Gunnery to use the big gun

Rank 2 Engineering
  Rank 3 Engineering
  Rank 5 Engineering - Able to actually craft all the things

Bad intrinsics:
  Rank 1 seems like 'take away key ability to put in skill tree'
  Rank 4 pilot does nothing? Or is there a specific enemy that this works against?
  Rank 3 Gunnery is kind of useless without Gunnery 4?
    - Instead rank 3 should allow you to lock on to and damage fighters with the slingshot
    - And use of the slingshot (as a travel mechanic) does not require any intrinsic, it's always available.
  I don't agree with Archwing power being in the intrinsics tree.

Loveing all the intrinsics though I have to add to the piles of what other folks are saying about the engineering intrinsics. I think it is rather strong stats wise, but compared to the other trees theres not much flash to it. Would be interesting to see if there would be some future additions to it. Maybe some engineering perks that are slightly offensive later in the tree, such as something that sabotages enemies ships/bases. Some activateable perk using  a large amount of flux/ has a large reuse timer that can hack an away team objective?

12 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

Loveing all the intrinsics though I have to add to the piles of what other folks are saying about the engineering intrinsics. I think it is rather strong stats wise, but compared to the other trees theres not much flash to it. Would be interesting to see if there would be some future additions to it. Maybe some engineering perks that are slightly offensive later in the tree, such as something that sabotages enemies ships/bases. Some activateable perk using  a large amount of flux/ has a large reuse timer that can hack an away team objective?

I wouldn't mind something like a (Cooldown based, not flux) tactical ability that would cause electric feedback that stuns all boarders.  Engineer is usually the one dealing with boarders, be nice if he had some tools to deal with them.

• Like 2

Hello! I've been loving the Intrinsics stuff so far, but a few things have cropped up...

The Menu. I'd like to second suggestions that the Intrinsics menu be moved to the arsenal, or somewhere easier to find -- I had no idea how to get to it without googling it, and for a while being in the middle of the Rising Tide quest meant that I couldn't access it from the Railjack customization terminal, and thus couldn't spend points while in a squad.

This seems especially important for players new to Railjack, since a lot of the Things You Can Do To Help are locked behind the first couple Intrinsic ranks, and this makes it hard for them to upgrade after their first mission.

Piloting 4. This reduces collision damage by 50%... but as far as I can tell, you don't take collision damage. I've tried powersliding my railjack into both asteroids and crew ships at full speed just to make sure, not to mention catapulting my archwing into rocks, and I haven't seen any damage as a result.

I'm not sure if the lack of collision damage is a bug, or if it's a design decision and the intrinsic just wasn't updated, but it seems like something about this isn't working as intended.

And this is a more subtle how-things-feel thing, but...

Piloting 5 offers a very fun powerslide/leap combo, but the fact that it's way faster for crossing distance means that travelling across the map is less about "majestic cruising" and a lot more about a series of sudden jerky accelerations. This is especially jarring if you're in the archwing and are trying to return to the railjack, and it suddenly just leaps a few hundred meters away from you.*

It seems like it'd be nice if one or more of the following happened:

• Regular boosting provided a steady acceleration up to a higher speed cap, so it'd be an easier way to get to that Grineer base that's 15km away.
  • Drifting had some sort of visual effect that was visible to gunners and archwing pilots (possibly growing in intensity as the drift builds up charge) so they'd have some warning that the ship is about to suddenly jump around.

Otherwise, I've been having a lot of fun! Thanks for reading.

*Though in a perverse way I do appreciate this as a spaceborne reflection of a Warframe's bullet-jumping -- of course a Tenno ship would travel best by repeatedly sliding and leaping! I would also like to very, very sincerely request that Cephalon Cy be programmed to detect if you've been drifting a lot and start yelling "Parkour!" in his angry monotone whenever you leap. 

tactics feels somewhat useless. niche at the very least. however, what can be utilized feels like its just hurting the experience. for example, teleporting from one point of the map to another or using abilities while in a station takes away the exhilaration of traveling past the fires and claustrophobic halls or though space and past enemy fire; its not exactly tedious to do so. more than likely, the engineer role can clear the ship of enemies and repair the ship faster than what a person could do in their tactical menu.

Edited by MysticDragonMage
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-15 at 1:54 PM, LocoWithGun said:

This actually seems to be a trend with intrinsics.

IE Gunner lvl 10 automatically locks onto lead indicator when aiming so all you have to do is hold two buttons and that's it. Makes gunner a glorified automatic turret.

Imho making capstone abilities remove all of the player skill and gameplay is weird. They should enhance the playstyle not remove it.

Except you actually need that in peer to peer games where lag is a common occurrence. The hit scan weapons like pulsar already kinda do that cause they hit where you're aiming.

I've actually started hosting (taking out my own railjack in public) rather than join public matches because it's too hard to hit anything with the other guns trying to stay on that tiny x when there's lag. Not to mention the bunny hopping of the ship in laggy conditions.

I guess ignore it if you don't need it, you'll save alot of intrinsics points for other skills. It's the one thing I really need with the awful internet I have.

15 minutes ago, Wolfchild07 said:

Except you actually need that in peer to peer games where lag is a common occurrence. The hit scan weapons like pulsar already kinda do that cause they hit where you're aiming.

I've actually started hosting (taking out my own railjack in public) rather than join public matches because it's too hard to hit anything with the other guns trying to stay on that tiny x when there's lag. Not to mention the bunny hopping of the ship in laggy conditions.

I guess ignore it if you don't need it, you'll save alot of intrinsics points for other skills. It's the one thing I really need with the awful internet I have.

The worst reply to this.  Can't ignore if you want to be a completionist.

Also, I've played with some really laggy hosts, and haven't had much of an issue hitting things.  Just use lead indicator, and everything is fine.

Rank 10 Gunner and Engineer need be reworked.  Not remove entire aspects of gameplay.

• Like 1

Who here wants unsolicited suggestions regarding Railjack and Intrinsics! I do! I do!

So I'm sure tons of people have gone on at length about intrinsic costs and progression and all that sort of thing, so I'm maybe going to repeat them, maybe I won't. Here's my thesis statement though:

Core Railjack Gameplay Funcitonality could be focused on having an intrinsic at a given rank, not a specific one.

The functions I'm refering to specifically are:
- Recall Warp (Tactical 4)
- Archwing Slingshot (Gunnery 3)
- Archwing Warhead (Gunnery 4)
- Artillery Command (Gunnery 5)

A lot of that is locked behind Gunnery, now that I lay it out there. Anyway- Basically I think there could have been a 6th 'Intrinsic' trait that equals your current highest intrinsic, so that as you go rank 1-10, you get all the 'Fun glitzy glamorous' functional powers that everyone was sold on in one steady shop.

This leads me to the second part of this suggestion: Tactical Intrinsics.

Right now as a sort of QoL discussion, Railjack has a number of challenges ahead of it.

- Navigation: Moving around in 3d space even with the default 'leveling' functionality of the flight controls makes it difficult to tell other players where something is without railjack to archwing waypoint mechanics- which I hope are coming, but it's worth mentioning.
- Enemy tracking: There is no mini-map or similar availble for the playable space (again a product of the new game format and it being all of like 8 days old beyond internal testing).
- Resource Tracking: As above

So to address some of those, I would suggest that Tactical Intrinsics have their domain expanded a bit more.

- Consider an intrinsic that is 'Tactical mini-map/Radar'; maybe something that scales w/ Intrinsic Level, or is cumulative so that 2 people with say Intrinsic 4 count as Intrisinc 8.
-- What I mean is like 'Have loot radar range = [Crew Tactics x100] meters, not Crew gets combined rank.
-- As a future concept, being able to see enemy patrol or spawn points before they 'go live' in the distance using a tactical map, and marking waypoints/series of waypoints for the pilots to follow.

- Lock-On functionalities: Having a player with high tactics unlocks improved enemy tracking and lock-on functions; nothing that is required for base functionality- but more like assistants and such.
-- For example, having the ability to mark a target so that all the other turrets know who the pilot is shooting at vs port or starboard turret, etc.
-- Breaking up Crewships into sub-targets for easier takedowns without Archwing Cannonshots.

- Spread more of the general Railjack Functions into Tactics and other Intrinsics
-- For example, improve Artillery Range not with Gunnery, but Tactics

Are any of these feasible? I have no idea, but I figure tossing them out wouldn't hurt.

On 2019-12-13 at 10:54 AM, DrBorris said:

Thus, I would actually like to see an entirely separate "Archwing" Intrinsic category. Something that enhances abilities of a person who is off of the Railjack. And because the "away team" experience is likely something everyone wants to partake in, it should be ranked up in conjunction with the other Intrinsic. So for every Intrinsic point you put into any Intrinsic category you automatically rank up your "Archwing" Intrinsic. The game is still called Warframe, you shouldn't have to separately specialize into typical Warframe gameplay (away-team gameplay).

lets be honest here. if everyone had the potential to destroy fighters as easily as a gunner, no one would be in the railjack. players would just leave their railjack on the side of the map and teleport to it when it has a few ruptures. archwing should be buffed but lets not forget that railjack missions should focus on the railjack. it does not matter if other intrinsic progression was linked with archwing's, if it is possible to upgrade archwing to a certain point, then this will be the result.

let me suggest this instead. a player's archwing stats will be buffed for a short amount of time if it stays within a railjack to charge. then players wouldn't be outside most of the time and instead be within the railjack while their archwing is charging. it would also potentially give other players a chance to play archwing once their archwings are fully charged. everyone gets the chance to have fun.

4 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

lets be honest here. if everyone had the potential to destroy fighters as easily as a gunner, no one would be in the railjack. players would just leave their railjack on the side of the map and teleport to it when it has a few ruptures. archwing should be buffed but lets not forget that railjack missions should focus on the railjack. it does not matter if other intrinsic progression was linked with archwing's, if it is possible to upgrade archwing to a certain point, then this will be the result.

let me suggest this instead. a player's archwing stats will be buffed for a short amount of time if it stays within a railjack to charge. then players wouldn't be outside most of the time and instead be within the railjack while their archwing is charging. it would also potentially give other players a chance to play archwing once their archwings are fully charged. everyone gets the chance to have fun.

I wasn't really suggesting that it would make Archwing super powerful, calling it the Archwing intrinsic wasn't a great representation. It really should be an Intrinsic for away team gameplay. The sling shot, recall teleport, Archwing buffs, and a few other perks here and there don't really fit within their respective trees. For example, if you specialize in being good at shooting the guns it doesn't make much sense that you would get an ability that makes you fly away from the guns (sling shot). And given that being an "away team" member often comes down to playing basic Warframe content, I believe that it should be something equally accessible to everyone. No matter your Railjack specialization. 

So I would rather see all those things that buff you when you are off the Railjack be grouped up and separate from the rest. And then having this suggest Intrinsic list be upgraded by upgrading the other Intrinsic you are preventing people from specializing in not being on the Railjack.

For example, imagine the "away" Intrinsic list gives a new ability for every 4/8/16/32/etcetera spent on the other Intrinsic (four times the amount for the normal ones). So after you spend four total Intrinsic on the main categories you automatically unlock the first "away" Intrinsic, the Slingshot. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBorris said:

I wasn't really suggesting that it would make Archwing super powerful, calling it the Archwing intrinsic wasn't a great representation. It really should be an Intrinsic for away team gameplay. The sling shot, recall teleport, Archwing buffs, and a few other perks here and there don't really fit within their respective trees. For example, if you specialize in being good at shooting the guns it doesn't make much sense that you would get an ability that makes you fly away from the guns (sling shot). And given that being an "away team" member often comes down to playing basic Warframe content, I believe that it should be something equally accessible to everyone. No matter your Railjack specialization. 

So I would rather see all those things that buff you when you are off the Railjack be grouped up and separate from the rest. And then having this suggest Intrinsic list be upgraded by upgrading the other Intrinsic you are preventing people from specializing in not being on the Railjack.

For example, imagine the "away" Intrinsic list gives a new ability for every 4/8/16/32/etcetera spent on the other Intrinsic (four times the amount for the normal ones). So after you spend four total Intrinsic on the main categories you automatically unlock the first "away" Intrinsic, the Slingshot. 

I'm all for having an away team Intrinsic set, seems fitting.

However, Dr Borris has a point, need be careful.  Tons of people are already ditching their Railjack for archwings, can't buff em too much without taking that into consideration.  Anymore, and Railjack missions will just become Archwing missions.

My Feedback for Railjack:
⦁    Remove the cost of Revoltie (No one likes to have to "pay" to repair, it is far too esay to run out of revolite due to bad players, period, there is no git-gud about it).
⦁    Scraping gives WAY more Dirca (250/75 is too low).
⦁    Lower cost for eveything to repair on savlage items & remove the timer (no one likes pay to win/pay to rush).
⦁    Lower cost of intrinsics to get to the Veil. As well lower the requried amount to max trees.
⦁    Incresss intrinsics on higher missions and let it sacle on player amount (4 players, gives more). 
⦁    Buff default Railjack stats overall by 50%

9 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

My Feedback for Railjack:
⦁    Remove the cost of Revoltie (No one likes to have to "pay" to repair, it is far too esay to run out of revolite due to bad players, period, there is no git-gud about it).
⦁    Scraping gives WAY more Dirca (250/75 is too low).
⦁    Lower cost for eveything to repair on savlage items & remove the timer (no one likes pay to win/pay to rush).
⦁    Lower cost of intrinsics to get to the Veil. As well lower the requried amount to max trees.
⦁    Incresss intrinsics on higher missions and let it sacle on player amount (4 players, gives more). 
⦁    Buff default Railjack stats overall by 50%

1.  If there is no cost to Revolite, then your railjack will basically never die.  Plus, the cost isn't as high as you think.  A lot of people complain about this, but we are already decked out in full MK3 gear, with no plat spending (Besides rushing a couple).  It's faster, and more lucrative to just spend the resources, and obliterate the mission. 

2.  You run out of uses for Dirca fairly fast, friend already has no use for it.

3.  Wouldn't mind a cost reduction honestly, but it also isn't that bad once you get into the groove.  As for timer, this is warframe, literally anything you craft is going have a timer, this isn't new, nor do I believe its going away.

4.  Rank 7 in a specific thing doesn't even take that long.  Also, Veil actually sucks hard pre solid MK3 stuff.  So if you don't have high intrinsicts, then you are just going to drag the people who do down, or you're all going to suffer through one long ass mission.  Unless of course, you just archwing cheese it, and if thats the case, bleh at you.  The amount to get to Rank 10 is a bit out there, but whatever, its a long term goal, and not necessary, so no hard complaints.

5.  Definitely agree that higher level missions should give more intrinsics.

6.  Our railjack is practically invincible, and barely gets any breaches at this point.  Even on the highest level mission we squash everything.  The stupid regen bubbles are horrifically annoying though, evne if you can see them, they need to go.  HOWEVER, they do need to curve the difficulty of new sections (Earth, Saturn, Veil) a bit better, it is such a sludge fest trying to get the new gear to compete.  It's like they want to torture you with the new zone, till you get hte upgraded MK, then go back to the previous one to farm out the resources.

Edited by Klaleara

35 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

1.  If there is no cost to Revolite, then your railjack will basically never die.  Plus, the cost isn't as high as you think.  A lot of people complain about this, but we are already decked out in full MK3 gear, with no plat spending (Besides rushing a couple).  It's faster, and more lucrative to just spend the resources, and obliterate the mission. 

2.  You run out of uses for Dirca fairly fast, friend already has no use for it.

3.  Wouldn't mind a cost reduction honestly, but it also isn't that bad once you get into the groove.  As for timer, this is warframe, literally anything you craft is going have a timer, this isn't new, nor do I believe its going away.

4.  Rank 7 in a specific thing doesn't even take that long.  Also, Veil actually sucks hard pre solid MK3 stuff.  So if you don't have high intrinsicts, then you are just going to drag the people who do down, or you're all going to suffer through one long ass mission.  Unless of course, you just archwing cheese it, and if thats the case, bleh at you.  The amount to get to Rank 10 is a bit out there, but whatever, its a long term goal, and not necessary, so no hard complaints.

5.  Definitely agree that higher level missions should give more intrinsics.

6.  Our railjack is practically invincible, and barely gets any breaches at this point.  Even on the highest level mission we squash everything.  The stupid regen bubbles are horrifically annoying though, evne if you can see them, they need to go.  HOWEVER, they do need to curve the difficulty of new sections (Earth, Saturn, Veil) a bit better, it is such a sludge fest trying to get the new gear to compete.  It's like they want to torture you with the new zone, till you get hte upgraded MK, then go back to the previous one to farm out the resources.

1. 2 & 3:  They where asked by a pal who is part of a moon-clan (not mine) it is still an issue. Issues need to be fixed, period.

4. I can understand, this was asked, by someone who wish it be easier to get to the Veil *Shrug*

6. same as 1/2/3 issues, need fixing.

Other then that, good fixes/changes so far

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

1. 2 & 3:  They where asked by a pal who is part of a moon-clan (not mine) it is still an issue. Issues need to be fixed, period.

4. I can understand, this was asked, by someone who wish it be easier to get to the Veil *Shrug*

6. same as 1/2/3 issues, need fixing.

Other then that, good fixes/changes so far

I mean, my replies were basically saying they aren't issues, and they don't need fixing.  Your "pal", is asking to make fairly short content shorter.  Veil is the LAST place we have to go currently, and he wants it to be easier to get there?  We have only had it for a week.  And a huge chunk of the players have already completed all the content.  

So ya, I think the balance of a lot of it is fine as is.

6 hours ago, Klaleara said:

I mean, my replies were basically saying they aren't issues, and they don't need fixing.  Your "pal", is asking to make fairly short content shorter.  Veil is the LAST place we have to go currently, and he wants it to be easier to get there?  We have only had it for a week.  And a huge chunk of the players have already completed all the content.  

So ya, I think the balance of a lot of it is fine as is.

They have?

Holy...Balls

Edit: Ture, but I've done every mission (expect veil) due to you need 127 of them to rank it (unless you go 1-by-1), it feels just a little bit steep. Even more so that it requires Cumulative total of: 1,023 in order to get to the top.

If that was 400-500  Cumulative total, then it should be fine, but that ofc is just IMO, I rather DE lower it, rather then trying to spoon-feed us content like this or  "keep this game-mode alive". Not sure even when Phase 3 is meant to ship, let alone this.

Psi

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details

On 2019-12-17 at 9:11 PM, xmegarockx said:

something is wrong i got 143 instrict after the mission end but when i go and chek the instric on my profile only have 138 pliss fix i dont know how many instrict point i did lose because of this bugg.

I'm sorry, hold up...

You GOT 143 IN A SINGLE MISSION?, HOW. THE. HEK

Posting this here: It whuold seem that the "shared" XP thing is not working as it SHOULD be in Railjack, With one of the comments being as followed: 

This. One of Warframe's strengths has been shared affinity... no worrying about kill-stealing or who's getting all the kills, because as long as we stay within range, we're all getting equal benefit.

Empyrean turns this on its head, and it's going to lead to players fighting over who gets the high-return roles, which is not what we want.

Alot of players (and I mean alot, this was a :poop:fest to read it all) and it seems that other roles are getting more then they should or some not giveing as much as they should, etc (list goes on). Affinity Range also seems to be a factor (Where in my bealif it should be endless in RJ Only missions, as players are legit MILES away from one another). So that's another big issue.

On top of that, there is NO information/display of WHAT gives you the Intrinsic and what doesn't (There is no pop up, like items do) and as it works JUST like XP, being close to each other seems to be the only factor of gaining more.  As well people who have XP boosters are gaining more then others, etc. (An Booster that applys to ALL fireteams whuold be useful)

This may explain why people are getting so low points, then say some who where able to get more then 100 each mission (for some crazy reason).

I'll like to see how this gets changed, with my experience in pups and with pals, this is delf a issue. everyone should be getting more then 1-5 per mission, for example: You are able to easily rank in ESO, due to how XP Range works. (AKA:  Affinity Range) Yet, Railjack, of all gamemodes (that is KEY for full team based mission) does not.

Quite strange indeed.

There is an Density 2 pun in here, who can spot it? 😄

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

16 hours ago, DrBorris said:

I wasn't really suggesting that it would make Archwing super powerful

i was not saying that either. just that if the archwing was consistently useful or as useful as a gunner role, the result would be as i have said before. everyone (or those who have progressed in all intrinsics) would be outside and leave their railjacks far away from danger. because then they would not have to worry about their railjack or team cooperation.