Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Why is it that the deeper you go into intrinsics, the less worth it they become? Also, who seriously thought snap aiming was a good idea for Gunnery rank 10? Have you not played Elite Dangerous? Just give us the gimballed turrets, that's what a lot of people thought you meant by that sad excuse for a description, not this CoD style snap aim that only lasts 0.5 seconds. This just has people spamming aim to use it like an auto-aim function, and it only really works with the cryophon since they can one-shot just about everything with the right stats and avionics.

Literally the only two Intrinsics branches that seem worth the grind and effort are Tactical and Piloting because teleporting to your crew members can be infinitely useful, especially since you can teleport back to the ship once you're done, and considering how incredible the Particle Ram is (and the fact that enemies tend to just suicide themselves right into the side of my ship, ticking up the score and awarding a whopping 0 exp) I think being able to ram them for another 2k dmg sounds like a great idea!

Lastly, Engineering rank 10 doesn't seem worth it at all. Remote repair should just be a thing you can do now that you've put in the effort to get here. But noooooo, let's make it cost extra instead. No thanks, I'll walk.

Edited by (PS4)DEATHrocket777
Originally posted in wrong subject, cut that to correct subject and typed this out here.
  • Like 2

I don't post often, but I'd like to ask if anyone has any personal input and opinions about the rank 10 intrinsics, and as to how they think that they could and should work. I just unlocked the rank 10 gunnery, but the description is rather misleading. For those unaware, rank 10 gunnery makes it so when you right click (aim) your targeting reticle "snap" to the nearest target lead assist, however, all that this really does is just makes you lock on for 1 secound or until you shoot, then it unlocks. It also does not effect hit scan weapons like the photor and the pulsar. Are all the rank 10 intrinsics similarly bad? If so, does anyone have any solid suggestions on changes to be discussed?

I made a post in the previous page about Reflex Aim and how to change it and add on extra effects that might make sense (most of them involve some random chance, though, to stick with the theme of Railjack having lots of RNG /sarcasm) or some replacement options for the perk.

Right now, though, I'm wondering if maybe what they should do with the rank 10 perks is you level up your intrinsics and unlock them as normal, but you can only pick 1 of the rank 10 intrinsics to use on the mission. Of course, each of the rank 10 perks would have to be buffed substantially, but this is what my brain came up with when I thought about how to make people specialize in a role rather than generalize across all roles. This probably wouldn't work out in practice, however, and just make everyone more unhappy.

I feel an interesting take on that would be for the player doing actions in the ship granting access to higher tiers of the relating tree. For example if 1 player was acting as a gunner and killed X enemies, then X ability will get stronger until the party returns to the dojo (or ends the mission otherwise. Allowing the buff to stay if you jumped to another mission instead of returning to the dojo would encourage players going for longer trips.) Thus getting the rank 10 skills would still be the same, but making them be more viable during missions by using the relating tree through pseudo-buffing the rank 10 skill. Therefore the player can still have it all readily available to use, but can adapt to the current party to emphasize their role in the team. That would make your suggestion be more friendly to public games with random players.

And apologies for not seeing this in your original post, didn't have much time at that moment to read everything, so I instead just skimmed through it.

Think we might be able to hire crew from Fortuna or Solaris United when the command intrinsic comes out?

I know the profile for each indebted Solaris we pay-off for Ticker is basically colorful filler... But what if it wasn't?

It would be kind of cool we could (in a way) hire them. Some of them have a background/history (even if it is just filler) so why not put it to use? Even if it's just a visual model, name, and role associated with their background (of where they go/work in the command intrinsic) I think it would tied them together as a rebel faction rather nicely.

A few things on the rank 10 Intrinsics: None of them are on par with the Piloting Rank 10, and even that's not that great honestly.

First of all, realize that 1024 Intrinsics is not a walk in the park to grind. These Intrinsics NEED to be amazing to be worthy of spending all the time it took to go from 1-9 just to get 10. As an additional note, many of these Intrinsics are also necessary for doing other jobs. For instance, a lot of the Gunnery Intrinsics are vital to Piloting, and are better used when you are piloting such as reducing heat accretion and increasing damage while drifting. You need Command Link from Tactical to be able to warp to the Archwing Slingshot, and you need the Archwing Slingshot open to make this warp point really useful. So, there is already a precedent for some of the things I'm about to suggest to change for these Rank 10s.

Tactical: Warp to crew. What? Unless the other player is struggling, they should be fine and capable on their own. If you wanted something awesome for Tactical which made sense tactics wise, make handling boarders easier.

- Suggestion: Anti-Boarder Defense System: When Boarders enter the Railjack, automated systems confine them to a single room. Deploy one of four Neutralizing systems from the Tactical Menu.

- Makes railjack doors only open for Allies to go in and out of, confining enemies to a single room. Works so long as at least one of the players in the team has Tactical Rank 10.

- In the tactical menu, a player with Tactical rank 10 can choose one of four neutralizing systems to deploy in a 30 meter area. Each one uses 10 flux and has a 60 second cooldown.

- Fire Systems: Fills the area with flames, inflicting 100 fire damage per second and burning enemies for 10 seconds.

- Ice System : Reduces temperatures in the area quickly, inflicting 100 cold damage per second, and freezing enemies solid for 10 seconds.

- Toxin Systems: Fills the area with toxic gas, inflicting 100 toxin damage per second and inflicts toxic status effects.

- Electrical Systems: Electrical systems in the area surge for 10 seconds, inflicting 100 damage per second and electrifying enemies.

- Concept: Essentially, confines enemies behind doors, similar to how players can sometimes get confined behind locked doors in other missions and have to hack their way out. Then, a player with rank 10 tactical can deploy a system to help in neutralizing the enemies. This would be beneficial, particularly when you have a group where the deployable Warframe abilities are not necessarily that useful. These would not be a replacement for useful ones, but would make for more choice and versatility.

Piloting: Ramming Speed. It's not bad, but not really worth it when Particle Ram already exists, doesn't require boosting, and has a larger area of effect.

- Suggestion: Integrated Turret Systems: Control side turrets when they are not being manned by an ally.

- Whenever a side turret doesn't have an ally controlling it, it is under the pilot's command, and aims at the pilot's aiming reticle, firing when the pilot fires. Fire rate remains the same, has its own separate heat accretion still, and its damage remains the same. Adds 2 smaller gauges next to the Pilot's heat accretion gauge which monitors the side turrets heat accretion at all times.

- It feels like such a simple and obvious thing to do, and makes it where even if the other players are out, busy with crewships, or taking down other objectives, these side turrets aren't just sitting there useless so long as there is just a single player on the ship, in the pilot's seat, with Piloting rank 10.

Gunnery: Reflex Aim: Has a shorter relative life span than a Meson particle. The tool tip made it seem amazing, but gives the same level of disappointment as a pyrotechnic you paid too much for at the local fireworks store. The packaging is exciting, the delivery is lackluster. To be clear: this was A disappointment, but the worst is yet to come.

- Suggestion: Just make the aiming snap the turret to the nearest lead for as long as the aim button is held. Seriously. Not that difficult, and it would make the Intrinsic 300% better and worth the Intrinsics. But maybe it's just a bug.

Engineering: Anastasis: This is bad. This is just really bad. I spent so much time grinding at first, when little was known yet about this Intrinsic, because it seemed like it was the most logical thing to get. Requires the Tactical menu? Ehh. Uses double the Revolite? Again, y'all need to work on your tool tips FFS. Only works when you're the host? This is hopefully a bug, but holy mother of... This is bad.

- Suggestion: Anastasis: Systems automatically repair an on board hazard once every 15 seconds. Requires Revolite.

- Again, I remind you, this is 1024 Intrinsics. This NEEDS to be amazing to be worth the effort and time that goes into getting it. I can literally run every single mission from Earth to Veil once and not even have a quarter of the Intrinics needed afterwards to go from 9 to 10. Make. This. Better. It can still use Revolite, but twice the cost? No. We have a cap of 300 revolite. The stuff is already cheap to make. This is less about the cost and more about the annoyance of the engineering stations being at the very back of the ship and having to constantly be crafting more Revolite, detracting from the engagement elsewhere. Seriously, how do you justify double the revolite when computer automated systems are almost always way more efficient than human controlled systems? It doesn't make sense logically speaking.

- Details: Prioritizes on board hazards in this order: Major Hull Ruptures, Fires, Electrical Hazards, Ice Hazards, Hull Ruptures. Repairs use the required amount of Revolite, and the systems cease if you run out.

Edited by xZeromusx
  • Like 2

My only feedback regarding intrinsics is that the tactical ability to give commands is redundant - just use chat - and kind of rude, given Cy's attitude problem.  Perhaps it could be replaced with the ability to see everyone else's intrinsics so you know who is best to pilot, gun, engineer, or archwing.

9 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

Piloting: Ramming Speed. It's not bad, but not really worth it when Particle Ram already exists, doesn't require boosting, and has a larger area of effect.

- Suggestion: Integrated Turret Systems: Control side turrets when they are not being manned by an ally.

- Whenever a side turret doesn't have an ally controlling it, it is under the pilot's command, and aims at the pilot's aiming reticle, firing when the pilot fires. Fire rate remains the same, has its own separate heat accretion still, and its damage remains the same. Adds 2 gauges next to the Pilot's heat accretion gauge which monitors the side turrets heat accretion at all times.

- It feels like such a simple and obvious thing to do, and makes it where even if the other players are out, busy with crewships, or taking down other objectives, these side turrets aren't just sitting there useless so long as there is just a single player on the ship, in the pilot's seat, with Piloting rank 10.

God, yes, please do this. Idle turrets are a massive waste. In my experience, one side turret is idle easily 50% of the time in a typical mission. That's wasting 1/3 of your firepower! What a mess. 

It should really be one gunner station, situated centrally, controlling the wing turrets AND the main cannon, but if they can't do that...letting the pilot leverage unoccupied turrets would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Okay, so, i don't know if it is the good place for that, but i'll try anyway, and place the same one in another thread just in case it's the wrong one.

the Slingshot. it feels god damn awful to use. i'm not talking about the numerous bugs. that will eventually get fixed with time. i'm talking about the limited angle you can shoot it with. being at the mercy of the pilot feels extremely frustrating to deal with. when you are "this" close to being able to aim at the crewship, but that the pilot just DOESN"T tilt the last centimeter. it's near maddening. Slingshot should ( around similar rank to gunner, or a lil bit higher, like 4-5 ) have a 360 shooting angle too. and making the argument that "it can't shoot through our ship, that's why the Railjack needs to aim at the crewship" , let me remind you that turrets can shoot quite literally through our Railjack. Turret from right wing can shoot fighters that are on the left wing side, without any problems, thanks to an upgrade in gunnery. the slingshot also needs that. urgently. imagine how it would feel if gunners couldn't have that 360 degree angle. feels very limiting, doesn't?

It needs to be changed. as well as the Domecharge artillery, for the same reasons. being at the mercy of the pilots, to have a "certain" shooting angle, is atrocious.

• Like 1

In before the Stealth Farm Galleon Nerf or Ivara Nerf, please question why so many players feel and think this is a better way to acquire Intrinsics versus actually playing RailJack content.

Brozime~ Every Farm in Railjack right now, is an "Abort Farm" and "nobody wants to suffer through 90 fighters and even if you get resources you could use, it's just not worth the time investment" and "The state of which people are farming for RJ is to avoid the core design of RJ" Some is paraphrase, but overall he made some decent points.

If we got 3-5 Intrinsics from completing objectives it would be a better incentive to play the content versus Adaro farm. (Solo farming also removes several problems that come with dealing with a group in new easily crash-able content)

9 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

God, yes, please do this. Idle turrets are a massive waste. In my experience, one side turret is idle easily 50% of the time in a typical mission. That's wasting 1/3 of your firepower! What a mess. 

It should really be one gunner station, situated centrally, controlling the wing turrets AND the main cannon, but if they can't do that...letting the pilot leverage unoccupied turrets would be fantastic.

If it were me designing the controls, the pilot's seat would also have control of the main cannon, seeing as they're the ones having to line up the shot. The pilot should absolutely have every weapons system on the Railjack available to them, even if it's based on piloting rank, essentially being the captain's chair. Engineering in the back? Fine. Though, a panel to access Engineering from the pilot's room would be a very nice QOL thing anyways for when and if you're playing solo.

LMB, fire turrets. RMB, aim. Middle mouse button click, fire munitions. Middle mouse button hold, charge and fire main cannon. Simple, and gets rid of the main cannon chair which was just such a pain in the butt anyways. It feels more like Railjack was suppose to be designed for a party of 8 than a party of 4. There are too many seats and not enough players to put in them. Maybe, hopefully, when they release the command Intrinsics, it will integrate more of the systems into shared control, or host control. But if it's suppose to be the "solo play" Intrinsic, I really hope it doesn't stop working if you have a party then.

Edited by xZeromusx

Just a suggestion about changing how intrinsics are gained when/if you nerf stealth farming (or even if you don't bother to nerf it, you should make this change anyway as a nice alternative + incentive to always complete missions):

Make mission completion reward a significant amount of intrinsics equally to the entire squad so actually completing the content is worthwhile when your goal is to farm intrinsics. This would also make it so people don't automatically prefer a task because it rewards more affinity. 

If you do this by giving pure affinity (sort of like when completing a spy mission) it could also provide an alternative nice way to level companions and gear, but if you don't want RJ to be for that purpose, just have mission completion award intrinsics directly and either completely disconnect it from affinity gained or reduce how much affinity converts to intrinsics and make mission completion the primary source of them. The higher level and more difficult missions should also obviously reward more to the point that speed farming low level missions isn't the ideal way to farm them either. 

Archwing is way to weak. 

I have seen that one of the intrinsic skill tree provides a minimalism boost of ArchWing 25% boost in damage and other stats. ArchWing does an avarage of 7 dmg per bullet hit and a max of 12 on crits (doesn't happen often but worth naming on this scale) on enemy ships that has 1k+ health. Using a modded Grattler (don't have many mods for ArchWing at all) Which is another problem of it self.

RNG acquisition for mods that provides minimalism % of  boost on minimalism numbers for an unpopulair gamemode. 

Anyway, the Arch-Gun Gratt;er fires 6.25 rounds per sec and had a magazine of 60. Meaning that every 17 seconds (10 to clear my magazine + 1 to initiate reload + 6 reload) , I could dish out a total average of 437,5 dmg. (if all bullets hit) around 1/4 less than the total ships health on level 1. Not a crewship but those anoying fly like types that can't be boarded. (AKA a battle of over well 1 minute for just one critter in a game that spawn a multitude of mobs) Slowing down the game by a significant amount (And no the number of enemies is not at fault here, but the damage outputs)

So a 25% boost would provide a total damage of not even a 1/4 of a level 1 ship health. And this is bases on a theoretic math. In practice however we would have to account the accuracy and other stuff, which lands perfectly on to the next problem.

During the chase, I am spending much of my time chasing the enemy that when I get close with Nerfed Blinking, that I either don't have time to attack because the ship get away. (for some reason, it is programmed that the ArchWIng loses it's momentum after Blink. Or get bombarded before I can land hit on the enemy. Squishy ArchWing. AKA this rules out all but a certain populair Arch-Wing due to many reasons. Odonata and Itzal ain't the ones. 

You could argue that the Grattler doesn't have a long range which is why I problems with this. But I also had problem with my Imperator, which does damage around the same numbers, with also no avail. 

That made me conclude:

• It was never the case of playing RailJack with Arch-Wing for long periodes other than boarding ships in the first place.
  • RailJack isn't meant to be played without a giant ship
  • Crew members don't have other ways to do anything other than being prompted sitting ducks. 
Edited by (PS4)Elloshin
forgotten a few words before I hit reply

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Elloshin said:

Archwing is way to weak. 

I have seen that one of the intrinsic skill tree provides a minimalism boost of ArchWing 25% boost in damage and other stats. ArchWing does an avarage of 7 dmg per bullet hit and a max of 12 on crits (doesn't happen often but worth naming on this scale) on enemy ships that has 1k+ health. Using a modded Grattler (don't have many mods for ArchWing at all) Which is another problem of it self.

RNG acquisition for mods that provides minimalism % of  boost on minimalism numbers for an unpopulair gamemode. 

Anyway, the Arch-Gun Gratt;er fires 6.25 rounds per sec and had a magazine of 60. Meaning that every 17 seconds (10 to clear my magazine + 1 to initiate reload + 6 reload) , I could dish out a total average of 437,5 dmg. (if all bullets hit) around 1/4 less than the total ships health on level 1. Not a crewship but those anoying fly like types that can't be boarded. (AKA a battle of over well 1 minute for just one critter in a game that spawn a multitude of mobs) Slowing down the game by a significant amount (And no the number of enemies is not at fault here, but the damage outputs)

So a 25% boost would provide a total damage of not even a 1/4 of a level 1 ship health. And this is bases on a theoretic math. In practice however we would have to account the accuracy and other stuff, which lands perfectly on to the next problem.

During the chase, I am spending much of my time chasing the enemy that when I get close with Nerfed Blinking, that I either don't have time to attack because the ship get away. (for some reason, it is programmed that the ArchWIng loses it's momentum after Blink. Or get bombarded before I can land hit on the enemy. Squishy ArchWing. AKA this rules out all but a certain populair Arch-Wing due to many reasons. Odonata and Itzal ain't the ones. 

You could argue that the Grattler doesn't have a long range which is why I problems with this. But I also had problem with my Imperator, which does damage around the same numbers, with also no avail. 

That made me conclude:

• It was never the case of playing RailJack with Arch-Wing for long periodes other than boarding ships in the first place.
  • RailJack isn't meant to be played without a giant ship
  • Crew members don't have other ways to do anything other than being prompted sitting ducks. 

Use other weapons. Cyngas, Phaedra and Imperator are good. For RJ you need not crit but status weapons. IPS status, Larkspur is bad there.

On 2019-12-12 at 3:14 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Empyrean: Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your feedback on the Intrinsics system, including the bonuses, rate of acquisition, gameplay changes and anything else related to this new system of advancement.

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

1.  Give AW it’s own INTRINSICS RANKING CIRCLE Beyond the minor existing buffs.

I think this coupled with the possible additional changes (modular, buffs to non-Amesha) would be a beautiful tie-in.

I would like to see more informations about the forges on the tactical menu: 

• being able to see the remaining time of each forge
  • being able to see the remaining resources

It would be even more usefull when we will have command intrinsic and we will be able to do solo railjack mission.

And why not add an intrinsic to have the ability to trigger the forge from the tactical menu.

The intrinsic Overseer seems to be more hassle because we cannot do anything if we are to use tactical menu to check on our teammates.

Why not make it small video windows like how we view the warframe abilities in Arsenal, and the small windows are just above their respective names. This way we can still pilot, gun etc without having to freeze there.

Also as a pilot, why my teammates' health/shield bar doesn't appear on the right side of the screen as how it is like in all game modes?

Again as a pilot, why CY don't inform me if there are no more Tenno in the ship? Many times because of this and the above, broaders downed me without me knowing.

• Like 1

Tactical 10 - Warp from ship to squadmember AND to the last position you used recall warp on

Piloting 10 - Ramming into enemy while boosting deals 2000 dmg AND generates 10 flux per killed ship

Gunner 10 - Aim snaps turret to the nearest lead indicator AND weapon become hitscan for 2.5 seconds while snapped

engineer 10 - remotely repair onboard hazards - even when you are aboard - or - and use the forge (i would like both but i guess one of it or both could be added with the command intrinsic)

Edited by Shonaney
  • Like 1

With the way that the cost of intrinsics works, reaching rank 9 is only the halfway point. This seems over the top especially given how few intrinsics we are getting for completing the highest level missions that take 20-30 minutes each.

On 2020-01-09 at 5:56 PM, Shonaney said:

Tactical 10 - Warp from ship to squadmember AND to the last position you used recall warp on

Piloting 10 - Ramming into enemy while boosting deals 2000 dmg AND generates 10 flux per killed ship

Gunner 10 - Aim snaps turret to the nearest lead indicator AND weapon become hitscan for 2.5 seconds while snapped

engineer 10 - remotely repair onboard hazards - even when you are aboard - or - and use the forge (i would like both but i guess one of it or both could be added with the command intrinsic)

The hitscan thing won't help if it snaps to a lead indicator, unless the lead indicator is directly on top of the enemy ship.

What I'd like is Gunnery 10 letting you operate both wing turrets simultaneously - doubling your damage output and reducing the number of needed gunners to 1. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

For gunnery you could just do something like give you 100% multishot at rank 10 when firing any ship weapon including both RJ and crewship weapons, but have the additional shot not generate any heat. That way you double your output with rank 10 without having to worry about whether or not some random in a public game wants to sit in a turret.

I also think they should make crewship damage and certain battle avionics scale with certain intrinsics since their damage currently does not scale beyond their rank and in some cases isn't very good in veil level missions. For example, crewship weapon damage and things like seeker missiles could gain 10% (or more if needed to make them strong in the veil) additional damage per rank of gunnery of the person who fires them (and maybe give the captain of the ship the ability to lock their battle avionics with an intrinsic requirement). Particle ram could gain 10%+ damage per rank of piloting (and if you added an on kill effect of ramming speed it could also apply to any kill done by the ram). Phoenix damage and radius could scale with tactical intrinsics (or damage scale with gunnery and range scale with tactical?). etc

edit: also another random idea, give crewships access to certain random battle avionics both for the enemy and for a boarder who takes over the ship if they have a certain rank of gunnery. That would make crewships a bit less generic (you may want to rush to take out or take over certain crewships with certain abilities) + give you an additional reason to possibly take over the ship. Piloting intrinsics working when piloting a captured ship would also make that mechanic more interesting and relevant. 

Edited by Borg1611

Suggestions:

1. Engineering rank 9. Increase Refinement yields by 10%. I have between 300k-500k of each payload resource so I don't need that perk. I suggest something like "the target area in the repair minigame is much bigger" or "long range and repair through walls with omni tool" or "your personal vacuum range is DOUBLED (so it can be mostly disabled by unmodding companions if desired) and the railjack has ADDITIONAL vacuum range when you're on board (mega range with a squad of four rank 9 engineers)." I think resource vacuuming could fit engineering.

2. In the Railjack configuration console, Intrinsics tab: Piloting skills ranks 1,2, and 5 are referencing the "sprint/roll" KEY BINDING that is bound for regular frame and archwing use. It should reference the key in the Railjack customize key bindings. People, like me, might have different custom keys.

3. Piloting Rank 5 Drift Maneuver. Seems to be launching the railjack strait forward. I'd like it to launch in the direction the railjack is moving (left, right, back, up, down, forward). Many times I'm drifting/boosting backwards to shoot ramsleds and don't like getting launched forwards towards the ramsleds when the boost meter runs out.

--- (edit to add 4.) ---

4. Piloting Rank 5: Drift Maneuver: Don't enjoy the nose of the railjack pointing down or up depending on the direction of the drift. If I aim at a far away target and drift toward or away, the railjack points above or below. And also for drifting up or down. It makes it hard to shoot things. I don't enjoy it and it doesn't seem to synergize with Gunnery Rank 9 perk Combat drift (reduced weapon heat and more weapon damage when drifting).

Edited by PeaceKeeper123
added 4.