Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Bug Report Megathread

SilverBones

first of all: Thanks for empyrean, i really enjoy it and Happy New Year :) 

a little consumption of bugs i encountered:

-Joining crew teleport (tactical rank 10) bugged (when outside of the railjack; both in archwing and on crewships / mission objectives) :

• it doesnt work and prevents u from using ur operator for the rest of the mission, and also prevents the return call warp animation from playing (the recall warp still works but u just suddenly appear in the railjack without any animation including no timer)

-railjack getting invicible permanently (end of mission and next missions) :

• no details here to prevent abuse, taylor forwarded a video about this to the team thanks ❤️

-void hole being launched in completely random directions (mostly upwards) :

• sometimes its due to something being infront of the cursor but more often nothing is infront of u so it cant be that

-magus elevate randomly stops working for the rest of the mission

• respawning doesnt fix it nor any other way i could think of like exiting and reentering the railjack or using recall warp etc.

-critical failure imminent prevents usage of battle avionics (might be intended) :

• healing a fire / electric trap / minor breach (regaining a little bit of health gives u this option back
    but aslong as u health is completely depleted (when the health regen is turned off) u can´t use them

-gunnery rank 10: aimsnapping Doesn´t work for photor weapons (laser beam) :

• works fine on any other projectile weapons just the hitscan weapon is bugged
  • it doesn´t work mostlikely due to the fact that there is no lead indicator because u don´t need to preshoot
    • possible solution: add a lead indicator right on top of the enemy

-enemies can sometimes see u although ivara 3 is active

• could be easily determed by the fact that several enemies shot me directly in a short period of time and they where looking straight at me, not one of them but all of them
  • this bug last for the rest of the mission: recasting and even respawning or reentering RJ doesnt fix it
    • its very rare tho only had it once so far

-reviving urself after u used a recall warp while downed makes u respawn at the position u get downed

• exact order of events to clarify things: 1. getting downed, 2. using recall warp succesfully, 3 dying. 4. revive urself, 5 spawn at position where u got downed

-operator invincible but can´t use any abilities

• the operator has 100 health even with maxed out hp from vazarin but the health bar is grey (invicible anyway)
  • no abilities like invisibility or void dash can be used
  • (suspicion) : using operator in the dojo / dry dock / RJ (while its in the dry dock) could be the trigger

-shraksun amp part can´t open secret doors on sentient ship

• i used a 527 amp my prism can open the secret doors but the sharksun (2) can´t and and it bugs those doors out so they cant be opened by me at all (other players still can tho)

-(suspicion) Last Stand doesnt deactivate when back above 20% HP:

• possible cause: breach quanta

i hope this helps to get the bugs out of the way (and dont forget to give me a wisper for that video 😄 )

Edited by FL00FMASTER
additional bugs

OK quick list, most of it would hopefully already be around:

1.)
Gunnery 10 reflex aim:
How the hell is this supposed to work? right now after the fix it snaps on target for a 2 seconds and then the aim is on "free mode" again. If its suppose to work like that and its a feature and it should only "help" u to find the target than it can be easily abused by just spamming right mouse to have a hard lock. But i think intended function was hard snap on target for a time the the player is holding aim... with does not work at least for me. Not working. Some guy over me says its working for him, would like to know how he achieved that.

2.)
Crash during entering crewship via slingshot when tactical menu is opened

3.)
Missing objective markers on objectives when there are more POIs in mission

4.)
When i am trying to void dash with tenno in dry dock and then enter the railjack mission i still cant dash for the duration of said mission. 7/10 Not sure if i had to start mission as operator to reproduce this but from my memory i think not.

5.)
Arcanes on operator not working randomly during railjack missions, no repro sry. Might have something to do with 4.

6.)
Some secret walls on the sentient tile set that should be opened by amp cant be opened. You can see dmg numbers but nothing happens.

7.)
Unable to open mission progression menu via TAB after doing more than 1 railjack mission in row. Works almost 100% for me. Dont know if it has something to do with opening it at wrong time. Try spam it :p

8.)
Missing GUI during railjack mission. To me it once happened when i alt+tab game during transition into sector but to others it seems it happens in other instances:

9.)
Cy is spaming "missiles incoming" message near veil derelicts

10.)
In 2/10 cases when i am destroying crew ship reactor in mission as a non-host player, after the destruction of reactor count down doesnt appear but crew ship will still blow up in the end

11.)
Only host is able to see healing bubbles from crew ships in veil. Whole bubble mechanic is kinda wonky now.

12.)
If u hit crew ship engines instead of rest of the hull with artillery, than you cant destroy the crew ship only engines. This might be feature but i call it bug. You can destroy all engines than hit the crew ship and nothing happen  because u hit the engines again. Could be overcamed via cooperation with others but thanks to point 11. its all messy.

13.)
Not sure how the fix on numbers of slam pods produced by one base should had work, if it was about number of pairs or each pod but it still spamming them like no tomorrow.

14.)
People with hi ping are running around the space in warframes after exiting into the open space in railjack missions. Its not consistent might be some race condition.

15.)
Once saw an issue when non hosting player exited crew ship, but he doesnt appear outside in archwing at all. Just saw an open space view and no model in front of him only a GUI. Unable to move or unstuck. Seems like he was stucked in loading from crewship into space somehow. No repro.

DE I thank you for empyrean, i really enjoy it very much at the end of last year and hope to play it more this Year 😊

I donot have 2 much complain but i would really like if one could reduce the layers of rng present in getting a good vidar reactor III and getting tenenbrous Ephemera. These are my main concerns. It would be good if tenebrous ephemra drop from some enemy like stalker or it come from certain endurance run like that of  Naberus ephemera. Also Adding the sentient caches in Codex will be very helpfull. There are several other bugs which are annoying such as glitching out of map, telepoting back to railjack and many other but most them are already discused above. 

Other than this I would also request to allow an option for single key switch (say Scroll Down) to melee in addition to hold "weapon switch" key (default "F"). To be clear one can switch to melee either by holding "F" or by the key asigned, in this case one may scroll down.

I hope you guys have enjoyed your well deserved holidays as we did by playing your game... 😊

Cosmetics, weapons and abilities stuck near to me + i can't do anything after this except running

unknown.png

when we start a Railjack Mission we get duplicated warframesunknown.png

+ i wasn't able to enter the chat, Escape Menu, Operator.

Entering Slingshot/leaving Railjack causes a "blackscreen" (can only be fixed by using omni to re-enter Railjack)
unknown.png

Ramsled use short distance teleports

For example I am able to one-shot a crewship with my forward artillery cannon, but somehow if a Tenno is inside (which I won't know because there isn't a blue circle indicator if I am the Railjack pilot) then my forward artillery cannon shot does no damage at all. Please fix.

So I got an interesting bug.

I was trying to have a specific objective during a mission (the galleon commander one). When, right at the beginning of the mission, if the objective wasn't the wanted one, I used the navigation console to "relaunch" the same node.

And this happened after two tries : 

Capture1.PNG

It seemed that the objectives got added on top of each other with each reset. This has been tested other times and seems to be easily reproducible.

It must be noted that with each time only one place to accomplish an objective was available. In this case, only a galleon was on the map.

However, after finishing the galleon part, the mission has been considered as accomplished even though one other objective was still on the screen as below : 

20200104224836_1.jpg

Another interesting thing is that it seems that objectives with exactly the same label can be stacked if coming from two different planets (Earth and Saturn for example).

capture2.png

At least, going back to the drydock resets the whole thing but it still is a confusing bug 😂

I've been crashing to desktop in situations which seem utterly random and there's no apparent way to reproduce them except keep playing.

Sometimes it crashes 4 minutes into a mission, other times after 40 minutes. This happens in both railjack missions (though more frequently while I'm inside a crewship or a base), and in classic missions (e.g. sorties).

As a result ive been unable to complete 9 out of 10 railjack missions.

I'm using a Geforce RTX 2070 on windows 10 with the latest drivers. I've tried reinstalling the drivers (clean install), reinstalling warframe, doing a cache verification, a cache optimization, low graphic settings, high graphic settings, directx 10, directx 11, windowed mode, fullscreen mode. but the crashes persist.

However, it seems these crashes only occur when im hosting or playing solo.

Edited by Zaeronine

If you use the archwing cannon to board a crewship and it's destroyed en route, it does the whole boarding sequence, but you end up in the void.

The form up avionic seems to pull your frame back to the railjack, but the camera (screen) is left in the void. The minimap works (and shows you on the jack) but no controls work.

Returning to the drydock (if another person can navigate) leaves you with the camera still in the void. The minimap still works, and controls also seem to work (minimap shows movement).

The menu is not visible when you press escape, presumably because it's drawn in front of where your camera *should* be (with the frame) instead of where your camera is (off in the void somewhere).

Companion gets supersized
Had a Kavat on the mission which got increased in size as much that everything else could be a mouse in comparison: 

Spoiler

ZzvG0ek.jpg

Steps that may lead to reproduction:
As I do not know what exactly made this occur, here is my steps take when this happened:

1. Went on Grineer Crew Ship
  2. Made Reactor go into meltdown
  3. Kavat died and tried to revive it
  4. Got ejected from ship before kavat was revived (it was probably destroyed through the main artillery, the timer for reactor was still going)
  5. Get message that my companion was revived and it now has 1 health
  6. Go back to Railjack and the kavat was huge (can't recall if I teleported or entered manually)

The bug resolves on leaving the mission and does not, appart from visual obstruction, seem to have negative effects.

Quick description: Issue with Rank 10 Engineering perk. Remote repair blocking ability to teleport around a Railjack.

Steps you may have that can reproduce the issue: Due activation of remote-repair drone you are unable to teleport using tatcical menu overlay. Btw teleportation works properly before and after remote repairing been used. 

Also idk if it is intended, but you can't remote repair multiple breaches or "elemental dangers" simultaneously. Is it single lonely repair drone at whole Railjack? Really? A superior spacecraft implemented with a tehnologies more advanced than used atm has only one repair drone?

If so, may be we could use our companions? Integrating them into Railjack systems somehow (will be it some sort of console or cybernetic "nest" where it could be pluged-in) and amplify Railjack abilities or even give a new ones to it?

Railjack got stuck in void on the way back from the mission (dry dock didn't load). Note that according to tactical view one crew member didn't load. Reportedly he died in some crew ship. After some time (like 5 mins) i think he disconnected, probably due to timeout, at least he disappeared from tactical screen, but dry dock didn't load anyway.

Pilot seat was working, everyone were able to take and exit pilot's seat, forge was working, i was able to refine resources, everything else didn't work.

I was the host. I tried to kill myself - didn't help.

Then dude disconnected, something happened, some sound, like we're arriving to dry dock, but nothing really changed.

I killed myself again, game didn't offer to resurrect.

Mission was Kazio something (boss of Saturn). I think we started with four people onboard, finished mission in more or less natural order, i don't remember anything unusual.

37E129B0979BC41533572ED25BFEAC112B0843D5

Edited by 32768

Not entirely sure how, but i think it was rapidly repairing 2 ruptures back to back, but my railjack became immortal. It's still like this as I make this post, with the crewship pounding on it and boarders having a party.  SD7dW51.png

Edit: So I started another mission.... it's still immortal. AiC7b5r.png

On a probably? unrelated note, all of my operator arcanes aren't working, including the amp one.

Edited by Ibani

HUD disappeared completely in the middle of the mission, and remained gone for the rest of the mission.

This has happened to me twice. On both occasions I was playing solo.

I returned to the Dry Dock after completing the missions, so I can't say whether I'd have got the HUD back if I'd gone straight into another mission, sorry.

Not sure of the situation the first time it happened, but the second occasion the HUD diasappeared when I exited the Railjack into Archwing while I had the Omni tool in my hands.

(My suspicion is that the normal HUD, which disappears when the Omni is equipped, is only restored when the Omni is de-equipped. If so, going straight into Archwing -- and possibly going straight into the pilot's seat -- skips the de-equipping of the Omni, and thus skips the restoration of the HUD, which might be the problem.)

Going back and forth between Railjack and Archwing, Warframe and Operator, in and out of the Railjack's pilot seat, and equipping and de-equipping the Omni did not bring the HUD back.

The mini-map was only visible if I switched it to overlay mode, in which state it showed the objective icons as normal, which was nice when I was inside the enemy bases, but in Archwing it was no help in finding the enemy bases as they were out of map range.

I had no targeting reticle, no mini-map, no objective waypoints in the environment, no display of Warfame Health, Energy or Abilities, no display of Railjack status, no damage numbers or enemy health bars, nothing.

It's very disconcerting! 😆

If you take over a Crewship but don't destroy it it's possible for another to spawn such that there are more Crewships that the total needed to complete the mission.

If you are inside one shortly after the missipon completes I think the crewship despawned and the game puts you in a null state where you can do anything, even calling up the ESC menu does work and you lose the mission rewards because you can't exit without killing Warframe.

The Null Zone looks like this:

Edited by SilentMobius

3 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

HUD disappeared completely in the middle of the mission, and remained gone for the rest of the mission.

This happened to me.

The way I triggered it was I refined my resources and the animation played (The resource box was in the lower position) but no resources were received. I did it again the animation played and another resource box came down and merged with the first, I got the resources but my UI went away.

I couldn't complete the mission solo without knowing my energy so I had to quit.

I' ve discovered some strange bugs the last two days on my orbiter a few of them i' ve just recorded.

Spoiler

Pay attention to end of the video one of my articula has a skin or frame i' ve never seen before.

I want to meantion that i am also missing my kavat here. Yesterday i wasn' t able to use my operator skills while in Railjack mission. After a relog everything was fine again.