[DE]Bear

(PC) Empyrean: Bug Report Megathread

Controller support for Railjack is awful. The menus in the dojo keep trying to remove my stuff whenever I try to change weapons with a controller, and the Vector Maneuver isn't functional at all when using one.

Hey, with the recent Railjack patch, where they gave Reactors base capacities, my Reactor actually received a nerf in Flux capacity. It went from a perfect 300 Flux to 297.

b3b3643b2793b0b039935488067fb30e-png.jpg

b0759fc50057dc25872df226b34f2a3f.png

This is, as you can imagine, rather infuriating. Can I get a fix for this?

When returning to Dry Dock after 1 mission, the end mission screen will show that of the previous mission from normal starchart.

Either that or the screen is blank with just credit shown.

i just submitted a ticket for this issue but i figured i'd post about it here as well in case anyone else has experienced the same thing.

whenever i play empyrean/railjack and i'm not the host, i lag so horrendously that i've just been entirely avoiding RJ for the last couple weeks. the opposite is also true; if i'm hosting, anyone in my group will lag like no tomorrow as well. when railjack was first released, this wasn't an issue at all; it only started about the last week of 2019/first week of 2020 or so, if my memory serves me right.

the lag is so bad that, if i'm not hosting but i'm piloting the host's railjack, whenever i go to pick up resources/avionics/wreckage, i'll get within pickup range of it and it won't get picked up. i'll move closer and closer to whatever it is until i'm so close that i can literally bump into it, which tends to send it careening away from me, forcing me to waste more time chasing after it to pick it up.

another thing is that trying to shoot down ramsleds with any of the rapid-fire guns (so basically anything other than the cryophon) is next to impossible because the ramsled will jerk forward a pretty sizable distance after being launched from the crewship/missile platform/wherever and then freeze in place for a moment, before jerking forward again and freezing again, and so on. because of this, i've found that if i don't use ordnance on them, i'll almost always end up with a boarding party unless i'm actively boosting in the opposite direction. goes without saying but it's frustrating as all hell.

again, this ONLY happens in empyrean/railjack. literally nowhere else in the entire game do i get this lag when i'm not hosting. also doesn't matter who i'm playing with; i could be playing with someone sitting 15 feet from me (such as my husband, because his desk is literally 15 feet away from mine) or in another state altogether. network lag is the same regardless of the distance.

i sincerely hope i'm not the only one experiencing this. thoroughly searching the forums has left me with an intense feeling of dread because i haven't found any other topics/posts about it.

If you do the other objectives and try to do the Sentient Ship last, it ends the mission before you can do the Sentient objective and all the Sentients despawn.

Update 27.0.12 broke the Reflux Aim on turrets on controller. Worked previous to the patch. Aiming no longer snaps to any target.

Edited by Maj-Cero

Patch 27.0.12
STILL can't edit Engines, Thursters, or Shields. I have a darn Zekti Shield array waiting to be equipped for 2 WEEKS! Because of this glitch I have been unable to not only upgrade my ship, I am unable to scrap any salvage for the previously mentioned parts so it's really starting to fill up and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Not sure if it was always be like this, but all polearm stances have the same attack animations regardless of button combo used except for their one unique aim+attack / aim+ forward attack.  Otherwise they always use the same heavy attack and same spinning animation rather than having unique animations like other weapons

Music when talking to little duck and going to exotic goods now starts playing on top of the previous music as well and doubles up.

Sentient ships are showing in mission rewards that there were two unique drops of anomaly shards when completing the mission (one for clearing out the ship of all sentients and then one again when the mission result screen shows up after 'return to railjack' timer counts clear).  Mission result screen also shows two individual drops of one Anomaly Shard but only one shard is actually rewarded upon checking inventoryRpYMIuc.jpg

Edited by CaineMayler
adding image to bug report

Hi,

Sentient anomaly - Affects Gameplay

DISCLAIMER : I was told by the said-friend that a hotfix was currently deploying to address the crash. I don't know if the other things listed have been patched/reported so I leave them here. Edit : (4)th point addressed by hotfix
TL;DR : (1)Bugged mission loading tunnel, (2)Nobody joins in public game mode, (3)Host migration resets railjack, (4)Confusing shard drop.

First, the first Sentient Anomaly of this hotfix went horribly wrong. We still manage to get the shard but ow boy, that failure was close.
(1) First, the initial launch bugged. We were trapped into a never ending tunnel (which i did not see at all, but my friend [host] was seeing it). Two people joined and left rather quickly. My friend and i ended up aborting.
(2) When we finally got into the mission, nobody would join the squad, for the entire mission. So we were two until the end, at least most of the time : the host froze! Host migration while hell had already fell on us (5 alive crewships around [3 already dead], bubbles everywhere, ship with countless fire, electricity hazards, catastrophic breachs every minute).
(3) The mission did not fail nor crash, but the railjack had... changed. Host rejoined from "session ended abruptly" to our brand old default Railjack 1000/1000 health and shield, unusable battle avionics, Form Up missing from the Tactical screen and default apoc front turrets. (side turrets and missiles remained those of his railjack, we spent many missiles on fighters)

We somehow did not die, got into the Sentient Anomaly and killed everything.

(4) The shard appeared both as a drop when the 20th enemy died, and as an end mission reward, which was weird and confusing. After checking my inventory and talking to Little Duck, I had only one (as i expected after reading the changelog).

Other - Does NOT affect gameplay

TL:DR : Player inside Crewship inside Dojo
Then there's another bug I encountered yesterday, for which i will provide screens, that has already be mentioned : crewship inside dojo.
I have to say I wished for that to happen, I may be a little guilty. I wished for that to happen because I wanted to know what you could do with that free crewship.
The marker was not so close so I prayed for the crewship to be in one of the lower rooms of the Dojo : wish granted.
Back view :
Warframe0315.jpg
Side view :
Warframe0314.jpg

The backdoor was below the ground, what a shame.
But when you get close to the ship, a "force" throws you out of the dojo, and that was a blessing. I fell multiple times (thanks Fast travel).

Falling view : (side engines not rendered for some reason)

Warframe0316.jpg

Wonderful fact : the crewship can be walked on, just like the railjack.
Warframe0317.jpg

At the door :

Warframe0319.jpg

Warframe0320.jpg

Some blue shield was visible on the windows :

Warframe0321.jpg

The dojo was also visible :
Warframe0324.jpg

And you could even disable the already missing shield protecting the reactor :

Warframe0327.jpg

I did not have the chance to be affected by the bug that lets you use your weapons back in the dojo. Hence, i could not try if i was able to wreck it/see potential consequences.
I could not pilot the ship nor fire weapons. But a flying "Execute" button was somewhere on the path to the pilot seat, like 3m away.

I could not exit the ship, so i used fast travel.

Edited by Shaekara

So, when ending a railjack mission on operator mode, and going back to the drydock, instead of getting back to the warframe, it "clones" the warframe and companion.

also, equinox's skirt bugs all the time on railjack missions, as you an see on the far left equinox.

unknown.png

Please fix black walls randomly appearing around you when you're using RJ side turrets (unless you're host I guess). This bug persists since the release of Empyrean.

Just came across an invisible diagonal wall blocking the path to the 2nd objective in a Shipkiller Platform.

1o9Cfpr.jpg

Here I'm standing on top of the wall.

The wall seems to go all the way through the crack in the left side of the stairs.

LdDp9x4.jpg

I've encountered a bug, that breaks the UI, after operating the forge.

A mission was done prior to this.
So I can't say if this had any effect on the issue (as bugs often can carry over)
But nothing out of the ordinary was encountered yet then.

Next mission follows, and I need some more Flux.
Gunners had their hands full, so I decided to check up on the stock, myself.

I was able to replenish goods on the firs forge, without problems.
Needed some revolite as well, so I moved to the next one.
My first input, did not lower the forge screen, however.
I was positioned a bit to the side. Maybe that is coincidence, or is part of the trigger.
So I moved a bit, and retried.

Forge came down, and I was able to replenish the desired goods.
However.
Upon exiting the screen, my entire UI was gone.

This left me to fight the remainder of the mission, pretty much blind.
No Railjack status, no team position and their health.
Even my own was gone.
All enemy squares where missing too.
Making the locating of interceptors, ramsleds and crewships, an extra challenge.

I attempted several things.
Like exiting, and re-entering the railjack.
Or switching to operator briefly.
Alas, to no avail.

The following video displays the encumberance, this bug delivered.

Spoiler

Spoiler

YxdU1ic.jpg

The issue got fixed after returning to the dojo (in my case. I can imagine it lingering for others).

@[DE]Bear I have saved a copy of the EE.log, related to this instance.
Let me know if the team wishes to take a look into it.
I will gladly send it over via a ticket.

Edited by AegisAmaranth
Added screenshot as well

Tactical 6: Reduce Flux energy consumption by 25% Is still not working.

I tried to play three games of Railjack yesterday, and in all of them, I got stuck in an infinite loop at the "end of mission screen" ... I had to close the game and restart. I lost everything. After the third time, I closed the game but I didn't restarted it .... 

:angry:

Transition cutscenes when entering and exiting places are still wonky.

If someone else is using operator you may drag the person into your cutscene and fail you to enter yourself. Confirmed to have happened on Sentient Outpost and Crewships, not sure if latest patch (27.0.12) did something to this though (failed to enter Sentient Outpost but I did not drag the other person back to entrance like usual). 

Skipping the exit cutscenes sometimes send you to the wrong places. Have ended up inside the Pulse Turbine (forcing me to teleport back to Railjack), on top of the Hangar or behind a Crewship (possibly the last one that spawned). Confirmed this still happen in latest patch, almost afraid to skip the scenes now since it's borderline exploit when you can use it to teleport to the next Crewship.

Finally a minor thing, when host you only need to skip a scene once to actually skip it but as client you need to do it twice.

I play on PC with an xbox360 cabled controller and some railjack controls doesn't work. Specifically, the railjack management console on the drydock works only randomly and during missions i can't access the tactical menu. Using mouse and keyboard works fine

Other than the Elite Kosma Outrider, all other Elite Kosma enemies are still not in the game. 

Why is this so? The game mode has been here over a month already.

On PC today I've run into an issue with the slingshot a few times now (on RJs from different hosts) where I end up in Archwing mode instead (can even pew pew with my Cyngas), but stuck to the ship, unable to do anything other than wait to be killed so I can revive myself and reset things. At this point I'm simply avoiding the slingshot.

Details: I enter the slingshot from aboard the RJ, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it bugs out. When I enter the bugged out slingshot-archwing mode I can't launch myself, there are no yellow target highlights, and left-clicking will shoot my archgun instead (no damage being done though). I show up as invulnerable but can still take damage. I can also use my archwing abilities. Using the omni tries to take me back to the RJ, but it just leaves me stuck in the same bugged mode. The only way out (without abandoning the mission) is to die and revive.

I launched myself towards a crewship being destroyed and arrived as it was destroyed. Now I am stuck like this. /unstuck did not work, now attempting to enter operator mode. Cannot do anything. I also have the F6 screenshot if needed.UQblxXL.jpg

I'm still encountering the following bugs while playing Railjack, and all of these I am listing below I encountered yesterday while trying to play:

- Infinite menu loop: I was told I could not play a Railjack mission until I destroyed Railjack parts that I had collected, but the menu that popped up did not give me the to option to delete any parts only to 'ask me later'. I was then kicked back to the same pop up that told me I could not play a Railjack mission until I deleted parts, and the cycle continued. I had to completely shut down the game and restart, go to my Dry Dock, and try and locate where the extra parts were to delete them. The Menu system is NOT clear on how delete excessive Railjack parts and I wish it was more clear as I had to ask a clan member to walk me through where to go.
 Possible Solution: Place a clear section in Railjack configuration that lists every single part of the ship you own, instead of just the individual sections, make the flashing warning icon that indicates you have too many items a link to this menu if possible. Instead of just a Dirac button next to the item, make a button that reads "salvage" or destroy and when you hover over it a text that reads "you will receive X amount of Dirac for destroying this item".

- Black Screens: I am still encountering a bug where while in the Gunner's or Pilot seat my screen will go completely black. Sometimes I am able to still see my character model, other times I am not. The only way to fix this issue is to completely close the game and restart. I do not feel that this is an issue with my memory, my video card, or even my processor. My computer currently runs an Intel 9th gen i5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA 2070 graphics card, and I have a 1TB SSD and my machine is liquid cooled. 

- Doors, Omi Tools, & Interfaces: Doors outside of the Railjack in Grineer vessels or asteroid stations will sometimes not open trapping you inside, or when they finally do, you instantly die. Other times coming back into the Railjack from the outside of the ship will instantly kill you. Omni tools will refuse to equip, your character's hands will remain empty, and nothing will happen if you attempt to use the tool. There is no fix for this other than to leave the match and then reload. Interfaces will trap you in them, such as the forge or the tactical screen, where you will not see an actual menu for the forge or the tactical screen, nor will you be able to interact with anything, and you will be trapped in it. The only fix for this is to hit escape and hope it works so you don't have to restart the game. 

- Transference: Half the time I have ever tried to transfer out of any of my Warframes in a Railjack mission, both my character models vanish, I can no longer interact with anything, move around, move the camera, bring up the text chat to alert the rest of the crew that I am stuck, and I am forced to either close the game or wait until the game realizes that I am not contributing to the match and it boots me. 

In short, I dealt with these issues on launch of Railjack and I'm sadly disappointed to see that they are still in this game mode often times making it utterly unplayable.

I very much enjoy being with my fellow Tenno on Rail Jack missions and being a happy Engineer in the back of the ship, running around putting out fires, fixing the hull, stopping electrical issues, and killing Grineer that board the vessel, or being rocketed out of the ship to destroy a crew ship and then race back to the safety of the ship. It's exciting and thrilling!

When Railjack isn't so bad I can't play it - I love it, I just wish it didn't break so hard on me I kept having to shut down my game and stop playing. 

Hey guys, I have an update on new and known Wukong bugs. I'll be linking a video below and here are some timestamps for each bug (also in the description of the video). The first one I especially hope gets fixed as it is a common use for Wukong's Cloudwalker.

1. Cloudwalker vs. Cloudwalker with Sprint Active (Also comparing different sprint speeds): 0:00 --> When having sprint toggled on, or holding it right before cloud walker is activated, you are supposed to be able to move much faster in Cloudwalker. This is no longer true after update 27.0.12. Instead you remain the same speed regardless of whether you have sprint active or have a higher sprint value. I personally really like having Wukong's Cloudwalker be able to go very fast and I don't think it's particularly ridiculous as you have to mod for it like any other speed-based Warframe.
  2. Cloudwalker into phantom-ledge grab teleport Bug: 1:45 --> Using Cloudwalker right before you are about to grab a ledge will make it so you will teleport back to the ledge once your ability ends and climb the ledge. The only way to get out of it is to initiate an attack (melee or primary fire). This has been here for a while now and is especially annoying because it isn't very obvious at all when it's happening, resulting in you getting taken back through a decent bit of the map if you were rushing for the end while disorientating you from the unexpectedness of it.
  3. Cloudwalker momentum bounce bug when flinging yourself at an upwards angle upon exit from the ability: 2:32 --> You hold forward or backwards while exiting Cloudwalker in a way in which you fling yourself at an upwards angle arching back down into the ground. This will cause a weird momentum bounce bug where your character will bounce while going in the direction you initially touched the floor with while giving your very little to no control of where you want to go via the directional keys. This bug is actually possible with any Warframe due to a ledge bug shown towards the end of the video.
  4. Rolling Cloudwalker Bug: 3:33 --> You cast roll right as you're in the cast animation for Cloudwalker (when Wukong is jumping into the air before disappearing into a cloud) and you will be stuck going in one direction (the direction of the roll) until your ability ends. There is no way to get out of this without waiting for the ability to end, as far as I know. It can be annoying as you may sometimes roll in an attempt to sprint right before Cloudwalker.
  5. Wukong Primal Rage De/Activate Bug: 3:56 --> Wukong's primal rage activation/deactivation sound doesn't play at all at times when it should.
  6. General Momentum Bounce Bug: 4:20 --> Jumping towards the end of a ledge-get-up animation will give you a minor version of the momentum bounce bug shown in Bug #3.
  7. Wukong Celestial Twin Kills only count when you are hosting. This isn't shown in the video but it is a thing.

I was playing the anomaly with a friend and it happened me twice that when activating the forge on the railjack it played the animation and left me without HUD, the first time it was nothing to worry about cuz it was the end of the mission, the second tho (don't know if it affected this way) bugged the mission because no sentients spawned on the anomaly neither appeard as completed and my friend got bugged with that thing that transports you through the space and left him flying, we found a vomvalyst and let kill us, it solved his bug but mine not and since no other sentient spawned we had to abort :c