Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities damage scaling.


Redwyrm
 Share

Recommended Posts

A sad fact, but current system does very poorly on scaling damage that done directly by abilities. I am talking about abilities like Ember's Fireball, Gauss' Thermal sunder, and so on.

There it might be bit of fun using those abilities on low level enemies, one would quickly realize those are completely useless again lvl100+ enemies. As such viable builds for high level enemies always goes for enhancing damage output of normal weapons: Gauss' Redline, Ember's Fireball Frenzy, Chroma's Vex Armor, and so on. Those lucky warframes that do have exalted weapon on their own can squeeze out nice damage output from those. Those abilities that luckly can be enhanced by weapon mods (such as Khora's whipclaw) also sill can be semi-useful at high-level mission.

But most of the damage abilities that are not an exalted weapon, or at least have such synergy with equipped mod - are just useless at high level.

 

I know that would be a daunting task, but DE really should consider either making every damaging ability as it's own exalted weapon. Or at least add synergy with equipped weapon mods (made them affected by mods)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

I know that would be a daunting task, but DE really should consider either making every damaging ability as it's own exalted weapon. Or at least add synergy with equipped weapon mods (made them affected by mods)

This doesnt make abilities scale. It just makes them more powerful, thus trivializing the lower level content. Scaling means it improves as the enemy does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This doesnt make abilities scale. It just makes them more powerful, thus trivializing the lower level content. Scaling means it improves as the enemy does.

Low level content is a problem on its own. Game need auto-scale all nodes to higher level content, once you get to endgame. And not to drag game content to be viable for low level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

Low level content is a problem on its own. Game need auto-scale all nodes to higher level content, once you get to endgame. And not to drag game content to be viable for low level.

You arent fixing the problem though, you're just moving it to a higher level bracket. You will be back here in 6 months complaining your abilities dont do anything to level 150 enemies. I agree abilities should scale, but abilities using mods doesnt achieve this, it just makes their baseline power level higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

You arent fixing the problem though, you're just moving it to a higher level bracket. You will be back here in 6 months complaining your abilities dont do anything to level 150 enemies. I agree abilities should scale, but abilities using mods doesnt achieve this, it just makes their baseline power level higher.

Except they do... just not all of them.

As such regular players keep using abilities that gives them exalted weapons, or at least abilities that are affected by weapon mods. And just ignoring the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Redwyrm said:

Except they do... just not all of them.

Thats a fair point. Some abilities do scale off weapon mods, hence stat sticks. I could get on board with standardization of that but then the base abilities themselves would need to be tuned down to compensate. Also exalted weapons need to be looked at, the melee ones anyways. they arent great right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Skaleek said:

Thats a fair point. Some abilities do scale off weapon mods, hence stat sticks. I could get on board with standardization of that but then the base abilities themselves would need to be tuned down to compensate. Also exalted weapons need to be looked at, the melee ones anyways. they arent great right now.

Depends on how much. I wouldn't mind slight nerf to Iron Stuff Primed or Balefire Charger. But making them as poor on damage as... i dunno, Banshee's Sonic Boom, that would just make game largely unplayable.

There is of course also way to downscale damage of everything, when playing at low level content (especially when playing with low MR-rank players). But everything have to be scaled down equally. Thus again poor abilities first would need to get general way to buff their usefulness, and after that applied downscaling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Redwyrm said:

Depends on how much. I wouldn't mind slight nerf to Iron Stuff Primed or Balefire Charger. But making them as poor on damage as... i dunno, Banshee's Sonic Boom, that would just make game largely unplayable.

No im talking about ones that aren't exalted. Like radial javelins base damage would need to be lowered if it scales off melee mods. Iron staff is already in a pretty bad spot, imo.

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

they are capable of auto scaling abilities

Grendel's Feast, Nourish, Regurgitate and Pulverize all scale up to enemy levels(and amount), as does Vauban's Photo-Strike and Flechete mine


now its just a matter of them wanting or being able to dedicate the time and resources to applying this to more existing frame abilities and future frames, and to fix enemy armor scaling so we dont need armor striping on every frame :^)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...