Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Slots

.xTB_Kenshin

Isn't it time to increase those? We need at least 10 instead of 8. I'm close to having all new U10 mods, and I'd really like to put reduced recoil or finishing touch on my stuff, but I'll never pick those rather "fun" mods over an important DMG Mod.

It could be a forma-based system, if you apply 4 Formas (example) on a weapon or frame, you get an additional Mod Slot. Or just don't implement new mods.

Guns are overpowered as heck as they are. Adding more mod slots is a bad idea.

I'd prefer it if it was setup so that certain types of mods were limited to encourage you to vary your builds.

8 slots are fine if you look at the damage mods only. Some weapons use a lot of ammo or can make a use of crit mods, so you can't always go full dmg. Still, my weaponry is equipped with maxed damage mods. And this is a shooting game, so there are no "overpowered guns". Why would I need a silencer mod or auto-block mod (extremely bugged btw) if my weapons get weaker? Those mods are only for mod-collecting people like me, I max those and never touch them again.

8 slots are fine if you look at the damage mods only. Some weapons use a lot of ammo or can make a use of crit mods, so you can't always go full dmg. Still, my weaponry is equipped with maxed damage mods. And this is a shooting game, so there are no "overpowered guns". Why would I need a silencer mod or auto-block mod (extremely bugged btw) if my weapons get weaker? Those mods are only for mod-collecting people like me, I max those and never touch them again.

A silencer mod would be extremely useful if being stealthy was worth something.

This could work if you fine tuned the polarity system. Create a couple more polarity types, then the 9th and 10th mod slot will ONLY accept those specific polarities, and cannot be forma'ed. Then simply make the "fun mods", as you call them, those specific polarities.

I too agree with more mod slots, but keeping the energy still limited to 60 mod points with catalyst.

A person would have to use 6-8 formas to utilize all 10 slots capped, the very same player is likely to play against level 100-150+ enemies regularly.

Maxed/capped guns feel overpowered against enemies that are level 75 and below.

A maxed/capped gun (either 8 of 10 slots) on kappa is still going to register the same amount of kills if the player is going pure shooter, because it's a low level map. Overpowered guns aren't going to get a player more kills on kappa, better aim and targeting will.

Adding 2 extra slots can help weapons reach that "end game" feel. It would be nice.

EDIT: On the other hand I do realize that this game and modding is all about making choices and configuring your gear. The current 8 slots system DOES in fact force us to make choices and the new A,B,C mod loadout system does empower us to have 3 separate builds saved. My reasoning for agreeing with 10 slots is I feel that we now have so many mods that it would be nice to be able to do more builds than simply pure damage or crits.

Edited by sushidubya

I suggest keeping current mod slots. Why should you have more slots? Including more mods in game is just DE trying to give us more optional weapon/frames builds.

With more slots you could place whatever you want in there, and make one frame/weapon jack of all trades.

A silencer mod would be extremely useful if being stealthy was worth something.

Stealth could mean something, if DE tweak the spawn rate.

IE. Regular amount of Enemies patrolling - Unalerted

Unleash hell on Earth, just spam spawning enemies like there's no tomorrow when you tripped the alarm

But then there's the problem of XP distribution, trolls intentionally setting off alarm and quit etc etc.

I suggest keeping current mod slots. Why should you have more slots? Including more mods in game is just DE trying to give us more optional weapon/frames builds.

With more slots you could place whatever you want in there, and make one frame/weapon jack of all trades.

We are not trying to make it jack of all trades here.

It's just the simple fact that -

Most of the new mods are nice, fun, interesting. And certainly sometimes alter the game play element.

But when it comes down to it, to bring it to actual combat. Most players would prefer their regular damage/crit set up, rather than sacrifice a mod slot for something silly.

Which this is also a problem. Developers work hard on thinking new mods, new mods names, then work hard on code it into the game, and the end result? Players max it out and never touch them again. So is this really worth the developers time? To work on new mods, and only to let it get dust on? Instead of spending more time on bug fix and game contents?

My suggestion is.

- Make more new mods.

Categorize mods ( IE. Hush mod could be labeled as Utility )

- Add extra mod slot on the expense of - Limited by how many forma used / Catalyst

- Extra mod slot is limited by category ( Similar to Aura system )

- Extra category mod slot can be change category by Forma

Edited by Rain-Maker