Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

December 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

8 minutes ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Melee settle down ???

Lifting status is harmful

Melee are 2 convenient at 1st and later is not flexible, and we ( who wants to fight with challenging levels like real tennos that the game used to designed for ) have to accept this ???

What?

9 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Love the people complaining about these.  They've been changing dispositions for almost a year now and people still act surprised at meta weapons getting nerfed.  

They are not surprised. They are willingly faking it in an attempt to push indignation because they refuse to accept this is how the system is meant to work even after a year of constant, reliable scheduled changes.

At some point they have no one but themselves to blame for still spending thousands of plat on Rivens as if a special exception will be made just because they bought it, but acknowledging their own individual responsibility is not as easy as shifting the blame somewhere else. Anywhere but themselves.

On topic: I was expecting a regular Kohm nerf because it is much, much better than Kuva Kohm. Since Kohm is not getting nerfed, it means KK is getting buffed next time (Or both).

9 hours ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

A s h i t t y thing doesn't become any better just cause you do it all the time. Also gaze and tysis aren't meta.

9 hours ago, Phthisis said:

It's based off usage, not meta. Some meta weapons don't even get nerfs(Khom) and the only lesser used weapons that got nerfed were lanka and rubico(before rubico prime released even)

They don't have to be meta or widely used. Past workshops indicated they are also balancing weapons based on an internal ranking in addition to usage stats.

Here, from the February 2019 disposition update thread: going forward, we have compiled our own internal ranking of weapon power levels, which will be referenced in addition to usage stats to reach our final numbers. As further tweaks bring us closer to “ideal” Disposition numbers, changes should become less drastic, reinforced by our internal rankings providing a solid baseline.

That means that even if a weapon is not used by a single person in the entire game, it can still be nerfed because it is not placed within the desired ranking spot.

My biggest issue with this whole "variant separation" is that now riven links in chat are unreliable. You see a boar/strun w/e riven (any weapon with a variant) in chat, you click on it, see stats. You think, ok looks good. You buy it. You equip it on your strun wraith/boar prime (any weapon with a variant), and find out it has lower (usually) stats. You get upset. Now, is you being upset justified? Or should you have been more careful when buying? 

The only way to actually see the stats of a riven now is if the seller links you a mod config with the riven equipped in the desired weapon. Which is an insane hassle and will become even more stupid and misleading as the gap between variant disposition increases. This whole change seems unplanned and will make it more complicated for trading, be sure that you will get complaints from inexperienced people who buy based on a link. 

A fix to this would be to have each variant have its own riven, which is the sensible thing to do. However, i fear that ship has sailed and it's too late for that. 

I mean seriously ... HOW Stupid are you DE? I KNOW I KNOW Riven Dispo Changes are not new but some Weapons are NEW and OFCOURSE ppl are using the NEW Weapons more often atm. Its not like we are getting New Weapons and Content every Day. This is like you cant even Count 1+1. This is just ridiculously Stupid and you dont even think twice.

Just swing the Nerf Hammer as always. Do you even play your Own Game?

23 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

My biggest issue with this whole "variant separation" is that now riven links in chat are unreliable. You see a boar/strun w/e riven (any weapon with a variant) in chat, you click on it, see stats. You think, ok looks good. You buy it. You equip it on your strun wraith/boar prime (any weapon with a variant), and find out it has lower (usually) stats. You get upset. Now, is you being upset justified? Or should you have been more careful when buying? 

This is something I agree on. The Riven UI should reflect stats for all variants.

When you roll a Riven it shows the weapons you can use it for in the bottom right corner. With Riven dispositions being all over the place now it should show the same thing when you click on a Riven-link and show the values when you change the weapon in the corner accordingly.

Easy fix. UI is aready there.

52 minutes ago, buSoreZ said:

I mean seriously ... HOW Stupid are you DE? I KNOW I KNOW Riven Dispo Changes are not new but some Weapons are NEW and OFCOURSE ppl are using the NEW Weapons more often atm. Its not like we are getting New Weapons and Content every Day. This is like you cant even Count 1+1. This is just ridiculously Stupid and you dont even think twice.

Just swing the Nerf Hammer as always. Do you even play your Own Game?

Lol wow are you the reason people "tYpE liKe tHiS?" Haha

"dO YoU eVen pLAy yOur oWn gAmE!?"

Salty tears are delicious, yum.

Pyrana Prime nerf is a small exception though, I understand it's a great weapon (and will still be) but considering how hard it is to get a god roll (on any riven) there is a point where the dispo is so low that it's not worth trying for even a decent roll, and preferably I'd like to see DE avoid that.

Some small nerfs to base stats instead of dispo may not be uncalled for in some cases, but either way not the end of the world.

As others requested, please let us see how disposition affects riven stats for each weapon variant in chat links just like in the mod station. It's currently very inconvenient and confusing for both sellers and buyers.

Also it seems that you forgot to send a mail from cephalon samodeus this time (at least i didn't receive any). The lack of in game warning and explanation about the new dispositions (per weapon variant) might add to the confusion.

56 minutes ago, Pjwned said:

Pyrana Prime nerf is a small exception though, I understand it's a great weapon (and will still be) but considering how hard it is to get a god roll (on any riven) there is a point where the dispo is so low that it's not worth trying for even a decent roll, and preferably I'd like to see DE avoid that.

"Salty tears are delicious, yum."

16 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Also it seems that you forgot to send a mail from cephalon samodeus this time (at least i didn't receive any). The lack of in game warning and explanation about the new dispositions (per weapon variant) might add to the confusion.

This also happened in October with Atlas. That's something they should definitely make sure it's properly notified when these changes drop. I also think that, when trading a Riven, you should get a disclaimer flat out stating that Rivens are prone to nerfs and then asking you if you are sure.

20 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Players made it clear that they don’t want situations where the base weapon can become stronger than the upgraded version - we don’t want that either, unless the stars align for a “perfect” roll that works better on an older weapon.

This should be common sense and logical from a business standpoint. How are you planning to sell Prime Access weapons if they're equal to the base version? Let's see some creativity for once and maybe add something unique to the Prime variants, that sets them apart and far above the need for a riven in the first place. 

Archived