Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

December 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

En 13/12/2019 a las 0:25, Phthisis dijo:

It's based off usage, not meta. Some meta weapons don't even get nerfs(Khom) and the only lesser used weapons that got nerfed were lanka and rubico(before rubico prime released even)

Its not based in "usage" ... maybe the said its based on that , but in practice its not even close (gaze , aklex ,etc are clear examples ...)

5 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

All 3 weapons you mentioned are powerful weapons that I myself use with over 3K hours of playtime and I have rivens for all of them.  I'm not complaining about the changes.  I am not saying they are the best weapons in their class, but when they are used more their dispo goes down as it should be.  It's not like they invalidated my rivens by changing their disposition, I can still go out and melt anything with the 3 weapons you listed.  People want balance in this game and this is one of the few ways balance is provided because if they nerf a frame there's uproar over it, even a hint of an upcoming nerf causes uproar case in point saryn.  It's kind of funny how people complain about dispo changes when we still have warframes that are grossly overpowered without rivens at all like saryn can out DPS any weapon by clicking 2 buttons, mirage can with 1 button click, equinox killing many enemies with one button click, etc. etc.

Resource farming on endurance runs are super slow and time consuming and the enemy scaling is doo doo.

I like to stay for around a hour or more. I like to have good powerful weapons and not have to rely on warframe buffs, arcane buffs and other buffs just to kill stuff faster that I used to have no problem with. I have had a riven for the Spectra Vandal (not very impressive) and Twin Gremlins (pretty damn good) before and I sold them.  (Not because of these changes). 

I'm still disappointed that they nerfed their disposition. I currently have a Gaze riven and I use the gaze alot as well

but the fact is, 1% of the player base is not popular & that's not meta.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)AstralKoda said:

Resource farming on endurance runs are super slow and time consuming and the enemy scaling is doo doo.

I like to stay for around a hour or more. I like to have good powerful weapons and not have to rely on warframe buffs, arcane buffs and other buffs just to kill stuff faster that I used to have no problem with. I have had a riven for the Spectra Vandal (not very impressive) and Twin Gremlins (pretty damn good) before and I sold them.  (Not because of these changes). 

I'm still disappointed that they nerfed their disposition. I currently have a Gaze riven and I use the gaze alot as well

but the fact is, 1% of the player base is not popular & that's not meta.

1% of the playerbase using it would still likely be an increase in comparison to before catchmoon nerf so more usage means it should get nerfed.  On top of that they use internal power ranking of weapons to decide nerfs as well.  Hypothetically fulmin would have been nerfed even if nobody used the weapon because on paper the gun is powerful.  Those are the metrics they use.  It isn't hard to understand that.  I really don't care if you had a riven or not at some point for a weapon it is irrelevant because some rivens are dog S#&$ and others are god tier.  My spectra vandal is nuts because it has -puncture on the riven so the number of slash procs it gets destroys anything not protected by an ancient healer.  

Wait, so you're nerfing Prisma Twin Gremlins again... but you're not returning the regular Twin Gremlins to its former state?  That was at a solid 5 dispo before the prisma came out!  No one used it!  I guess it gets to keep its current ranking while the Prisma gets weaker?  Why does it keep getting screwed even now because of its upgrade?  

I prefer the look, feel, firerate,spread, sound effects, accuracy of the original. Statwise the prisma is better in literally every way and on paper its the same weapon, but it doesn't FEEL the same because of those little differences.

23 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Its not based in "usage" ... maybe the said its based on that , but in practice its not even close (gaze , aklex ,etc are clear examples ...)

A lot of people used the aklex prime actually, mostly after borko brought its relics, then people used it a lot because it's look and sound. They still use it to this day.

Gaze is a fun one, a lot of people use it because it's unique and looks cool.

fashionframe is the endgame after all

It's been said so many times before, but why nerf Riven disposition in a PvE game?! It literally makes no sense. People are using weapons that they find fun, and if people manage to roll or buy a Riven that gives that weapon a nice boost then great for them...let them enjoy that. But why just annoy people that have invested time and effort into building a set up, when it has zero effect on how the game plays for anyone other than those players? 

I can totally understand buffing Riven dispositions for weapons that are underused, it gives people other viable endgame options. But the nerfs? All they do are serve to make your players angry. Please stop. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)FluxOmega:

It's been said so many times before, but why nerf Riven disposition in a PvE game?! It literally makes no sense. People are using weapons that they find fun, and if people manage to roll or buy a Riven that gives that weapon a nice boost then great for them...let them enjoy that. But why just annoy people that have invested time and effort into building a set up, when it has zero effect on how the game plays for anyone other than those players? 

I can totally understand buffing Riven dispositions for weapons that are underused, it gives people other viable endgame options. But the nerfs? All they do are serve to make your players angry. Please stop. 

Well said! 

DE if you nerf some special rivens so give us explanations... So it is not enough.. 

I am on a break from the game now. Can someone explain, does this mean that rivens we used before on Prime/other stronger variants are now only usable on the basic, trash version of the weapons? So if I had a Rubico riven it is only usable on basic Rubico now and every Rubico Prime user just lost their expensive rivens?

Or can I still put the same riven on any of the variants of the weapon and its stats will change according to which weapon version it is put into?

7 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

I am on a break from the game now. Can someone explain, does this mean that rivens we used before on Prime/other stronger variants are now only usable on the basic, trash version of the weapons? So if I had a Rubico riven it is only usable on basic Rubico now and every Rubico Prime user just lost their expensive rivens?

Or can I still put the same riven on any of the variants of the weapon and its stats will change according to which weapon version it is put into?

You got it right on bold part. A "Rubico" Riven still works on both Rubico and Rubico Prime. It's just that they will now have different stats depending on which weapon it's being used on.

15 hours ago, (PS4)FluxOmega said:

People are using weapons that they find fun

Can we please stop with this "fun" red herring and call a spade a spade? It's about kill efficiency and nothing to do with fun, because the weapon's mechanics, animations, sounds, and visual effects don't change with Riven disposition.

On 2019-12-13 at 1:11 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Gaze: 1->0.9

Oh, the Kitgun that was able to compete with the others because it had better rivens no longer has better rivens.

Cyanex: 0.85->0.8

I love this weapon. I guess loads of others must do too, but I never see them.

Daikyu: 1.3->1.25

It was OP - a bow that can compete with snipers? That couldn't be allowed.

Ocucor: 1.1->1.15

I'd love to use this weapon more and I have a good riven for it, but the damage on it is broken and doesn't apply mods correctly, so it just tails off for later content.

On 2019-12-13 at 4:49 AM, TyrannisPax said:

Now watch all the Rattleguts and Tombfinger users start to cry about the changes they laughed at when it was Catchmoon on the chopping block.

Because the Catchmoon nerfs started with constant riven nerfs. Hope you're happy.

yeah, since the Riven for my poor, versatile - but not really strong, un-meta and community-underused Rattleguts totally didn't receive like a fantastilliard nerfs in a row before this one (in case the joke wasn't gotten: it did too...). 

Honestly, having a riven-category (Kitgun-Rivens) for only 4 weapons, increases the likelyhood of people using a weapon BECAUSE they have a riven for that weapon and thus skewing the usage quite a bit.

DE really should introduce a couple more chambers.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Jarriaga:

You got it right on bold part. A "Rubico" Riven still works on both Rubico and Rubico Prime. It's just that they will now have different stats depending on which weapon it's being used on.

Can we please stop with this "fun" red herring and call a spade a spade? It's about kill efficiency and nothing to do with fun, because the weapon's mechanics, animations, sounds, and visual effects don't change with Riven disposition.

Your comment is completly wrong! Of course you can make weapons more fun to play! Reducing recoil (before exilus), reducing reload time, more max ammo and so on. And yes I know there standard mods for all this, but If you have all in one! THIS IS FUN! Not every tenno goes to OP damage! 

On 2019-12-12 at 11:56 PM, King733 said:

Awesome a gaze nerf

because gaze was only usable with riven

You must be out of your mind, it's the one with the fastest time to kill on armored lv 165 by far.

I'm not saying it has or has not to be nerfed, but it IS stronger than rattleguts and does it in an AoE.

Catchmoon and tombfinger will dispose of low lv mooks faster i....guess...but gaze far outperforms the 3 when dealing with high lv armored targets, like i said.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)GER_SIGNUM said:

Your comment is completly wrong! Of course you can make weapons more fun to play! Reducing recoil (before exilus), reducing reload time, more max ammo and so on. And yes I know there standard mods for all this, but If you have all in one! THIS IS FUN! Not every tenno goes to OP damage! 

And they all affect DPS, therefore it's about efficiency rather than "fun".

If all Rivens did was add cosmetic or visual effects like the Peculiar mods then I'd be with you there. But as it stands, "fun" is a red herring as exemplified by Catchmoon's ugly aesthetics and boring mechanics not deterring its usage stats.

On 2019-12-13 at 2:11 AM, [DE]Connor said:

For those that missed the announcement, we will also be adjusting melee dispositions in the NEXT Prime Access update, once Melee 3.0 stats have settled down.

Sooo, Ivara prime acces landed. Where da melee riven changes at???

2 minutes ago, Opetyr said:

Please stop nerfing things.  Buff other ones.  This incompetence is so annoying.  Kitgun nerfs shouldn't be happening.  START LOOKING AT WHY THEY USE THEM.

Because people are bad at modding and choose the easy route ?

12 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't use a weapon unless I find it fun and have fun modding it to my play style.

You mention the Catchmoon, I have it. It's kinda fun, but I much prefer the Pyrana Prime as I find it a much more fun weapon. Same goes for the Quatz. Primaries, I've been loving the Fulmin for its style and versatility, the Acceltra for it's neon fireworks and risk of blowing yourself to pieces. Sure, it helps if they're effective at killing at high levels, but that's part of why we're modding them, to make them viable.

I have a Rubico Prime, but still prefer my Vectis. It just sits better with me.

If you're not using weapons or Frames that you're finding fun then I feel sorry for you.

Archived