Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Vandal Riven Build

TheSilverShardv2

Question

So I got a riven for the snipetron vandal a while back, and just wanted some feedback in general on it and potential builds. I've never posted on the forums before so if i did anything wrong, lmk.

The riven: 

+195.6% Critical Damage

+230.2% Damage

+51% Weapon Recoil

I think it has a lot of potential, but I'm not to familiar with some of the end game mods. Any thoughts on potential builds?

5 answers to this question

Ideally you'd want crit chance, multishot and damage with a harmless negative (like -zoom).

the vandals already got some punch through and gets bonus headshot damage when you zoom with it.

so mod wise, argon scope would be a good one, boost that crit chance up on the headshot you're already going to be shooting for.

hunter munitions is a staple on lots of sniper builds for those meaty slash procs, every time you crit it has a 30% chance to proc slash, which is what you want all that crit chance for (100%+ if you can), the higher your crit the better your chances at a slash proc.

Vandal has 28% crit chance which is a bit on the lower end for snipers.

I'd keep rolling, its not a bad riven, but you could get better, mainly looking to get that crit chance as high as you can get it for hunter munitions.

forgot to add that the headshots this gun wants, will also boost any slash procs you manage to get with hunter. that is the main mod you want on pretty much all sniper rifles. if a headshot doesn't kill w/e you hit, the bleed procs will most likely do the rest while you shoot someone else

basic build for it without a riven

Edited by FoxyKabam
  • Like 1

since you don't have Crit Chance, i would see it as probability suicide to not use Vigilante Armaments. past that it's pretty standard, you're just stacking as much Damage as possible really.
there is one consideration though, since this Riven has Damage, you might for very specific use cases, drop Serration for something(likely only Primed Cryo for Eidolon Hunting or something). you'd have to run the numbers for each specific scenario to be sure.

tl;dr, start here. use Elementals appropriate to what Enemies are weak to, Et Cetera Et Cetera.
Yav2akB.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

since you don't have Crit Chance, i would see it as probability suicide to not use Vigilante Armaments. past that it's pretty standard, you're just stacking as much Damage as possible really.
there is one consideration though, since this Riven has Damage, you might for very specific use cases, drop Serration for something(likely only Primed Cryo for Eidolon Hunting or something). you'd have to run the numbers for each specific scenario to be sure.

tl;dr, start here. use Elementals appropriate to what Enemies are weak to, Et Cetera Et Cetera.
Yav2akB.png

Might be better in this case to actually use Argon Scope over Vital Sense if possible, since sniper hip-fire is bad past short-range, so you're likely going to be aiming quite a bit. Then you push your CC to a bit over 100% after dealing a headshot, and would edge out over your build above with the Riven, since the Riven already works as around 1.6 Vital Sense.

Also, probably would drop Serration for Amalgam Serration as well.

Edited by Renegade343
  • Like 1