Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Update 27

[DE]Megan

Why is everything so expensive? It takes thousands of everything to build or repair anything, and at least playing solo that's not very doable. I know it's supposed to be team effort, but it was said that solo would also be possible. Also the tier 1 weapons are basically useless when the railjack has about as much health as empty soda can, so there's no point even trying alone, when you can just go in with archwing and get something done, even if it takes ages.

Can you make it so that if we have a salvaged component, but find one that's better, we can scrap the weaker one in order to get progress on the resources for the better one? Not 100% but closer to 85% or so.

Also please move the 'Intrinsics' section on the Escape menu out of the 'Profile' section and somewhere more intuitive.

But honestly great job, especially to the sound team.

So, aside from this was clearly released early and is overall, a broken buggy mess...

Why does it take so much to feed one mission?

You have groups of people that need to play, but not the comms to support it.

You have a required group play system - then the requirement of a single person to grind for hours upon hours to repair their ship alone, then wait for hours and hours for repairs to complete, for the sake of a single mission or so of play.

That economy is horrendous and not fun.

"Oh, but you can repair things immediately for 50 plat each". Why should we reward you for that?

You can have a capacity max of 30 WRECKAGE in your Inventory. Any new WRECKAGE obtained will be automatically scrapped for Dirac, so managing your Inventory and Repairing when able is important!  

This should be made clearer ingame, it will likely make a lot of people lose higher tier stuff because they have too many low tier ones.

Also RJ mods (avionics) don't show up in regular inventory or mods window and in scrap menu they show up as tradeable but can't find them in trade window.

On 2019-12-13 at 8:59 AM, ScytodiDaedalus said:

Finally Empyrean is here, time to try this baby out.

Also, can this be changed/removed? Biggest problem isn't getting Forma Blueprints, fissures give plenty of them, problem is being capped at getting 1 Forma every 24hrs, would be cool if these missions gave built Formas or that the timer to build them was closer to 12hrs.

DE needs to rework their time-gating overall, tbh. It's something that's been kept in the game since I started playing and there was virtually no content. Same thing with rush costs. It's typical fremium economy trash that forces players to test their patience or splurge to get premium currency and get what they've already spent time grinding in a timely fashion. Needs to be reworked entirely, reduced build times or a rush cost that DOESN'T cost Pt would be a great step in the right direction. But I haven't seen too many folks talking about this issue, so it seems that the community simply accepts this as par for the course.

I'm enjoying this update for the most part but as expected/noted there is a bunch of bugs to be ironed out.

There is a (dis)mounting railjack turret transition bug that can cause most of the ships model to disappear making internal navigation difficult and it won't return to normal unless you return to drydock/quit out.

Similarly the turrets dont disappear proberly upon dismounting sometimes as they can be seen floating around in the turret room.

I just experienced a bug that locked me into the pilot seat of the railjack and couldnt do anything but drive it, no weapons or dismounting possible.

Also getting stuck in the infinite void travel loading screen is a nuisance.

Also also the hijack achievement isn't working/popping.

Edited by Ynkubus

This Update is a Big Kick in the Face for ppl with bad Internet Connections. You are not able to fly your Railjack because nobody joins your Session.

I launched my Railjack like 20 times now and not one single Person joined my Crew. How do i get Random people into my Railjack mission?
Why should i upgrade my Railjack when i never fly it with a Crew? All i can do is going for Missions in someone else's Railjack.

Thanks for nothing i guess

Edited by buSoreZ

On 2019-12-12 at 8:34 PM, [DE]Megan said:

ZUNDI PISTOL SKIN
As no Zundi weapons survive from the Old War, this formidable pistol skin was created to honor them. Stout, distinctive, and intimidating - it is a reminder of times past.

Well, that's an absolute shame. Was looking forward to there finally being a Warframe-style equivalent to the Patriot from MGS3 for months, only for it to get turned into yet another skin. I know I need to stop getting excited for cool looking new weapons before they're released, since they seem to keep getting turned into skins. Oh well.

Disregarding the various bugs encountered, so far I am enjoying the update... Although throwing in a lot of players into the deep end doesn't help (especially players who have not followed recent dev streams)...

I ran a number of random pick up groups with my railjack, and on the very first node, the failure rate is somewhat high.. Primarily this is in part due to players not fully understanding that the critical failure/breachs will end the mission. Even if a player recognises something needs to be done when they see that 60 second countdown, the player may not know that they need to access their omni device from their quickmenu. Even when they have their omni device at hand, they don't seem to understand the mini game involved in sealing the breaches, putting out the fires or dealing with the short circuts. Each fault having a slightly different mini game is stumping a number of players...

Additionally crew ships are throwing off players too, to a much smaller degree but enough for it to be a potential problem. I've been in groups where no one will leave the railjack, and will continue to man the guns and shoot endlessly at the crew ships in hope that they will eventually defeat them...

These two problems have resulted in me literally becoming a one man crew, piloting the railjack, putting out the fires/breechs along with boarding and destroying enemy crew ships all within the same mission, whilst the three other players run around aimlessly on the ship not quite sure what to do, with the occasional one jumping into a gun turret and staying there for the entire mission.

I dunno how long these issues will remain with time, but it's significant enough to put people off the game mode before really giving it a chance, especially if they're a person who is unlikely or unwilling to use the various fan channels/streams to help them understand the game mode

23 minutes ago, buSoreZ said:

This Update is a Big Kick in the Face for ppl with bad Internet Connections. 

"Then git gud"

But as for this update, it was rushed too early. I mean, I like the concept but the execution is a mess.

For now, I'll continue leeching off other players until I can solo or until I get the new MR fodder.

1. Enemies in the second half of Saturn Proxima nodes should not be that hard and these elite enemies are way too annoying to deal with its not even fun, even normal enemies in ships and platforms are stronger then most sortie level enemies, too many bullet spoonges and one hit deaths! (for a normal non raid content this is way too difficult)
  2. Please do something about loot collecting, after every mission it takes 15-30 minutes to fly around looking for drops from killed enemies(and i barely can see those drops), its really a huge waste of time! All drops should be collected automaticly after mission completion or railjack should have some 1-2km loot vaccum. In base game i rarely miss drops so this is really bad.
  3. Empyrean feels like totally separated content from the base game, cant see myself playing this mode for long if it stays like now 😕 
Edited by S3p3rator
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Chebinger said:

Can you make it so that if we have a salvaged component, but find one that's better, we can scrap the weaker one in order to get progress on the resources for the better one? Not 100% but closer to 85% or so.

Also please move the 'Intrinsics' section on the Escape menu out of the 'Profile' section and somewhere more intuitive.

But honestly great job, especially to the sound team.

If you actually repair a component and then salvage it, you do get back all the materials you used to build the weaker one.

Is this a Bug? I cant Scrap that part and 0% of the Repair is Funded ...

c8UgmOB.jpgPGGKDIe.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Leon_Von_Comarre:

If you actually repair a component and then salvage it, you do get back all the materials you used to build the weaker one.

Sadly not ALL. I didnt got all the Parts back with Scraping the Old Mk1 Parts!

Edited by buSoreZ

Arch-Guns in Archwing mode:

• All hitscan Archwing weapons converted to projectile when in space

Archwing Pursuit (Pandora, Saturn) is already a giant ball of glitches and QoL issues and this change has made it much worse, at least with base AW & weapons.

7 hours ago, Imppuccino said:

So there's no way to bind it to a key then?

Not directly no, and yeah, I'd like that too... Until then you can deliberately leave a hotkeyed slot open in your gear wheel, the Omni will show up on the first available slot.

Every update, we stray further from the main game. There is so many issues with current gameplay, and all you do is push more, then drop it, and push another. Please, take some time to revisit older stuff. Like, boss fights, one frame to dominate only fights (eidolons for ex.), and enemy scaling issues which really need some rework after all these years. Pushing new bulletsponges in space is not the method some of us want to see.

Am 13.12.2019 um 09:31 schrieb lukaself:

*Gets super excited the update is finally there*

*Launches archwing*

:sad:

Why is archwing vertical pitch limited to 180° degree? If has to be a mistake! It's space, it doesn't make any sense as we don't have any visual indicator of how far pitched we are there's no way to tell where the down or up limit is and when you will bump against that invisible, arbitrary wall. I thought it was obvious Gimbal locks were something to avoid when designing video game flight models? This is hurting target tracking badly

Give us free-flight back and give the ones who can't cope with being upside down sometimes an option to auto-center! I have been using free-flight for years, the sensation of freedom was uparalleled. Seriously, I very seldom swear but this is bullS#&$ from my standpoint.

There's no reason we can't find a constructive method to please everyone there.

And I thought something was wrong with my mouse. I can't fly loopings in Archwing anymore, what for? 

But the Railjack can fly loopings... srsly? 

On 2019-12-13 at 2:34 AM, [DE]Megan said:

You can enter your Railjack from the Dry Dock itself, via the Railjack express console at the back of your Orbiter (located just outside the Personal Quarters area), or by accessing the “Board Railjack” option in the Menu from your Orbiter (option to “Return to Orbiter” is also available while on the Railjack!).

Yeah, about that. I don't seem to have either the options to board my railjack from the orbiter. Only via the dry dock itself. I've completed the Rising Tide quest, my railjack is complete, I can even see it from the orbiter but I can't board it from the orbiter. The button is simply not there, there's even no option to board it from the menu in the orbiter. What's going on?

DE, can we get a better stance mod for the Pennant pls? Because, the current one provided, there's just to much spinning around n jumping around.

I want to use the Pennant but, I just want a more straight forward Stance mod for it like Tempo Royale for example.

On 2019-12-13 at 5:36 AM, Feltal said:

This update is kind of hilariously pay to win.

It is not. I used platinum to bypass the time wall, but at the same time i accumulated enough resources to build just as many items of the same tiers. Not to mention that in just 9 days any clan can get access to tier III basic upgrades that are both much cheaper and completely adequate for the difficulty.