Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Update 27

[DE]Megan

Finally Empyrean is here, time to try this baby out.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

FORMA BLUEPRINT

• Players have often requested an alternate path to obtain Forma Blueprints. Forma Blueprints can be found within the rewards of Railjack!

Also, can this be changed/removed? Biggest problem isn't getting Forma Blueprints, fissures give plenty of them, problem is being capped at getting 1 Forma every 24hrs, would be cool if these missions gave built Formas or that the timer to build them was closer to 12hrs.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, OtterPaws said:

Seems to be that some players' railjacks (mine included) up and vanished after this update.
I finished my railjack quickly as soon as the update came out, it's been done for a week or so.
Now that this update comes out, my railjack is gone and I cannot summon it nor access it whatsoever.
I can only access research. I spent 6mil credits and hours and hours of my precious time on this, DE better fix this, a lot of people will be upset if they have to re-research everything just to build a new railjack.

So for the ones who have their railjack missing: just wait it out, DE knows about this (I'm guessing) and will patch it ASAP.
Probably tonight or tomorrow.

Saw it in one of the promo explainer videos. It appears you can leave your railjack out there? so from the orbiter hit Esc and there is a board railjack menu option! then you can fly it home or to missions!

Thanks for making me look! glad to have found my jack!

Just a QoL thing; if the Railjack research terminal could say which weapon slot it fits in, that would be appreciated. I build a Galvarc thinking it was a primary turret weapon, but it is a ordinance weapon. 'Arc Weapon', 'Missiles', and 'Rapid fire autocannon' are all good descriptors of what it fires like, but not where on the ship is goes.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The RESEARCH console in your Dry Dock allows access to different ARMAMENTS and COMPONENTS towards your Railjack in your Clan. The Research will be Clan-wide, and players will be able to Fabricate the completed Research for their respective Railjack.

*Further clarification: Fabrication requirements are per player, Research requirements are per Clan.

What are the minimum requirements for clan members to contribute resources to Railjack-related research? Do they need to have their own Railjack?

Edited by vvhorus

My list of complains so far:

The Railjack seems to be too big for 4 people. I've yet to test it on the missions but I've noticed it at the Devstream. Basically, one dude has to hold the helm, another one - to fly in the Archwing and board the ships, one - to run inside the whole ship repairing it, crafting consumables and repelling the invaders, and the last one - to run between turrets and help fight the boarding parties. The problem lies within the last 2 roles: the ship is just too big for them. And the funniest part is that outside of Railjack the ship seems really, really small which breaks the immersion completely. I watched Rebb flying out of the Railjack and thought: "Hey, is this itty-bitty tin can the Railjack? That absolute unit that occupies the Day Dock? That ship that Rebb was walking inside before? And it's so small from the outside perspective?" When will we be given an option to use converted Liches as crew members?

The starting missions feel like a slog: starting Railjack equipment is very underpowered compared to the crewships, according to players. You essentially need to crawl through a number or missions at the beginning in order to get enough momentum to upgrade the equipment and Intrinsics just to get to the fun part. What I suggest is to turn down the difficulty of Earth Proxima so that players can accumilate enough resources and skill points in preparations to the upcomming challenges. Or tweak the number of Railjack resourses we get on normal missions. You might compare it to the beginning of the game but it will be incorrect since unlike Earth Proxima, the Vor's Prize's difficulty feels adequate. And don't throw the "It's the endgame, duh!" stuff at me, the endgame should be Veil Proxima and Tau System, not the Earth that you gain access right off the bat.

I don't have any problems with the Railjack being mostly CO-OP thing, I really don't. What I do have problems with, though, is matchmaking and network side of the update. Right now, the matchmaking seems to be completely broken for most of the players: they can't find the party to play with or experience constant desynch issues and host migrations.

The problem with pub players not knowing what they're supposed to do can most likely be fixed with the appropriate tutorial that explains new systems and mechanics, as well as the Raljack controls: how to maneuver your ship, how to position the turrets, how to cover the Railjack from the fighters using the Archwing, how to repair what's been broken, how to capture that giant enemy crab crewship and what can you do with it, how to gain resources and what can you spend them on, etc. Free Roam node on Earth Proxima seems to be an ideal thing for it. And DON'T rely on YouTube guides in that regard! Not everyone watches them!

I'm excited about the update, unlike the Old Blood. It feels like something really new. Maybe, my space sim experience might finally come in handy here.

• Like 1

Question about rivens:
It seems that you've introduced different dispositions for different variants of the same weapon. In the past these weapon variants all had the same disposition and used the same rivens - does this change mean that the values on the mod will change depending on which variant the riven is mounted on? Or will there be separate rivens for different variants of the same weapon? (ie a separate supra and supra vandal riven type)

10 минут назад, ImaNukeYourFace сказал:

Question about rivens:
It seems that you've introduced different dispositions for different variants of the same weapon. In the past these weapon variants all had the same disposition and used the same rivens - does this change mean that the values on the mod will change depending on which variant the riven is mounted on? Or will there be separate rivens for different variants of the same weapon? (ie a separate supra and supra vandal riven type)

No, Karak and Karak Wraith will use the same one Riven. However, the stats will be different since they now have different dispositions.