Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The space requirements for Drydock are ridiculous.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

I specifically built my dojo based around the displayed dimensions of the drydock so that I could put it where I want it, and not where it happened to fit because I HATE every dojo I've been in where you have to run 4,000 meters and hit a teleporter just to get to something you're going to use constantly.  I wanted it near spawn, big, prominent and easy to access.

NOWHERE was it clearly stated that the drydock would take up 5 GD floors of space, 2 of them being under where you want to put it, I had to find that in a random thread from when some PC players experienced this same BS.  I planned to put it on the top floor at the end of a cross section, completely open everywhere except below.  What is even the point of having elevators if you have a room that literally takes up multiple floors of space?  Why was this information not clearly presented so people could plan?

The utterly and unacceptably long build times, and the absolutely ludicrous demolish times for dojo anything (there should be no demolish times.  It should be instant.) mean that I'm going to have to spend a bunch of plat or wait DAYS just to have an area with enough vertical space to place this thing, and you can think again if you think I'm spending plat on it.  I haven't given you any money in several updates when I used to spend regularly and it's BS like this that caused that decision.

EDIT:  I've been in someone else's drydock.  There is literally ZERO reason for it to take up 2 floors of space below where you place it.  None.  I get it taking up maybe a floor or two above it, but there's no reason for it taking up 2 floors below it, other than you wanting to force people into spending more forma, building tons of superfluous connectors just to have enough room.  

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan

To add to the rant, elevator shafts need to be able to go up more than one floor.  If you want to build a third floor, you gotta build a completely separate elevator.  Imagine if buildings were like that!  It would be easier to take the stairs.  

The elevator shaft should be long enough absolutely nothing would collide below.  With elevator shafts limited to one floor up or down, there is no reason to make a dojo more than 3 floors (main, upper, and basement).  

I think DE could implement longer shafts without anyone having to redo dojo and not need to redesign shafts (although selecting a floor would be better).  

I just stopped caring until this is fixed.  I put my drydock at end of dojo making it completely unsymetrical now.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

To add to the rant, elevator shafts need to be able to go up more than one floor.  If you want to build a third floor, you gotta build a completely separate elevator.  Imagine if buildings were like that!  It would be easier to take the stairs.  

The elevator shaft should be long enough absolutely nothing would collide below.  With elevator shafts limited to one floor up or down, there is no reason to make a dojo more than 3 floors (main, upper, and basement).  

I think DE could implement longer shafts without anyone having to redo dojo and not need to redesign shafts (although selecting a floor would be better).  

I just stopped caring until this is fixed.  I put my drydock at end of dojo making it completely unsymetrical now.  

Why would you use an elevator when Teleporters exist? 

4 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Sure I have, but I have 4 floors, with 1 elevator facing each direction. 

I do not want to ruin the symmetry I have in dojo which look(ed) awesome prior to dry dock.  I do not want a randomly placed elevator shaft when I have one in a good location already.  I should be able to add a floor on the same shaft, not just build another elevator in another location. 

You realize every building you have ever walked into with an elevator does this right?  

I'm not using the elevator to travel, I'm using it to build two floors up because the dry dock is stupid large. 

The simple solution is for DE to make elevator shafts 3 times as long as they are now.  All the empty space between floors does not matter.  That way, you build one floor up, you can place dry dock without collisions.  

13 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I do not want to ruin the symmetry I have in dojo which look(ed) awesome prior to dry dock.  I do not want a randomly placed elevator shaft when I have one in a good location already.  I should be able to add a floor on the same shaft, not just build another elevator in another location. 

You realize every building you have ever walked into with an elevator does this right?  

I'm not using the elevator to travel, I'm using it to build two floors up because the dry dock is stupid large. 

The simple solution is for DE to make elevator shafts 3 times as long as they are now.  All the empty space between floors does not matter.  That way, you build one floor up, you can place dry dock without collisions.  

Many Buildings especially hotels have an Elevator Lobby where there are elevators on 2 opposite sides of the lobby. 

Some even have 3 sides with Elevators where 1 is an express elevator usually going straight to the penthouse \ observatory \ commercial area

1 minute ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Many Buildings especially hotels have an Elevator Lobby where there are elevators on 2 opposite sides of the lobby. 

Some even have 3 sides with Elevators where 1 is an express elevator usually going straight to the penthouse \ observatory \ commercial area

I get that, but all those shafts use buttons to go to mutiple floors.  They do not have a 100 floor building that uses 99 shafts to get there.  

• Like 1

THIS. i didnt know ANY of this going in to building my drydock. currently my has 2 floors. 1st floor which has my barracks, generators and other clan stuffs. And the 2nd floor whic has all the trading, labs, crimson branch and such. so i build a connector on to the one side of the dojo where nothing currently is as it barely touches the crimson branch room. oh ok ill just go downstairs to see- NOPE the room physically has enough space, AND doesnt touch another room, but i cant even build it. wat sort of 3rd dimension am i missing? it has enough energy so what am i missing exactly? this post....just kills it for me

• Like 1

Forget the size. Dry docks themselves are glitched. 

So, knowing the thing was going to be five floors I prepared. In the back end of my dojo I built an elevator going down

And then another one. 

And the a cross intersection. 

And then on the left hand fork I built down. 

And then down again. 

I built five hekin floors and built clearance on floor 3 to make sure the elevators couldn't get in the way. 

And it wouldn't fit. 

It however randomly fits off a inspiration hall near the observatory and spawned facing the same way the observatory did. 

On 2019-12-13 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

I have no issue with the space required for the room. It's the fact that I can't freely move built rooms around to create a new layout is what I take a huge issue with. Right now I'm having to destroy my dojo donw to the first room just to get it to how I want.

There should be a much more user friendly building system.  The fact that they time gate literally everything is an abomination to decency and game design.