Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cross save please :( [rantish]

bootysalads

i know it was mentioned that cross save was being looked into but im about to get a switch and would love to not start a new acct.

let me use and access only the stuff the switch is up to date on. make areas unavailable and mod costs insane. ill gladly change loadout based on where im playing. pc is a pain to set up and i can only play when my kid is asleep so she doesnt wreck the pc on the floor. i have to use a controller due to surgeries. i want to be able to play wireless and on the go where theres wifi so my trips to my wifes grandparents dont suck so bad. 

ill take any downgrade necessary just let me keep my frames and weapons that are up to date on switch. i really don't want to start a new acct and i wont spend cash on it. i have bought thousands of plat on pc so theres no way im doing that again. i just wanna play my favorite game on switch. 

hopefully there will be some news on this soon. love you DE  but i really hope this comes to fruition soon. i love supporting you guys and all you do i just am dying for cross save so i can not have to start over. 

edit, or just reopen migration. id be happy to switch permanently.  pun intended. 

Edited by bootysalads

On 2019-12-12 at 7:42 PM, LordMazulia said:

Currently, it's not possible. The main reason being that PC and Console platforms can't be updated/hotfixed at the same time. It's something they've wanted to try doing, but simply can't right now.

I doubt it's that hard to patch all versions of their game at the same time, sounds to me like they have intentionally broken them up and kept them apart so they can milk the players for more money. All comes down to greed 💰

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

They CAN. They wanted to do it. They programmed the game with that intention in mind.
They're NOT ALLOWED.

Legal and business complications afaik.

this, they have separate contracts with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, and probably with steam.

All of which probably have different cuts of plat sales going to each of those companies, and doesn't even get into the weirdness of player made cosmetics (which I believe the makers get a cut of any sales as well) that the PC version has going on.

They have to unify those systems and you know if they don't the other companies are going to *@##$ and moan if somebody spends all their money through the sony store but plays on the switch more.

I think that will happen anytime in 2020. It is simply not here yet because different platforms have different versions of game.

PC has been leading versions but xbox and PS4 are catching up fast. Switch will also catch up. Cross play can be implemented when all the platforms have same version. 

On 2019-12-21 at 7:33 AM, Uthael said:

Legal and business complications afaik.

Many games have cross play, they'll do it.

6 minutes ago, divi_india said:

I think that will happen anytime in 2020. It is simply not here yet because different platforms have different versions of game.

PC has been leading versions but xbox and PS4 are catching up fast. Switch will also catch up. Cross play can be implemented when all the platforms have same version. 

Many games have cross play, they'll do it.

Many of those games have either launched on all platforms at the same time or are Sony's pets due to many PS exclusives (Square Enix for example, FFXIV has had corssplay and save for years between PC and PS).. or the publisher has negotiated about crossplay and/or crosssave before launch. DE / Warframe on the otherhand is kinda late to the party and has 0 leverage over the companies so it isn't an easy thing to accomplish from legal and coding perspective. Not saying they won't do it, just saying it isn't as simple as people tend to think it is.

25 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Many of those games have either launched on all platforms at the same time or are Sony's pets due to many PS exclusives (Square Enix for example, FFXIV has had corssplay and save for years between PC and PS).. or the publisher has negotiated about crossplay and/or crosssave before launch. DE / Warframe on the otherhand is kinda late to the party and has 0 leverage over the companies so it isn't an easy thing to accomplish from legal and coding perspective. Not saying they won't do it, just saying it isn't as simple as people tend to think it is.

I have three perfect examples

Fortnite: Cross play added in late 2019(all platforms).

PUBG: Cross play added in late 2019(PS4 and Xbox only)

Apex Legends: Cross play will be added in 2020.

Cross play is totally controlled by DE as all the profiles are saved by DE they just have to allow login from different platforms.

Edited by divi_india

42 minutes ago, divi_india said:

I have three perfect examples

Fortnite: Cross play added in late 2019(all platforms).

PUBG: Cross play added in late 2019(PS4 and Xbox only)

Apex Legends: Cross play will be added in 2020.

Cross play is totally controlled by DE as all the profiles are saved by DE they just have to allow login from different platforms.

And all of those game are published, developed or owned by companies (EA, Epic, Tencent) that have the leverage aka money and influence. Also DE's contarct with console companies was made at a time when crossplatform functions weren't much of a thing. Maybe the console companies are more interested in it now, but that doesn't mean DE can get out of their current contract with them easily or that their coding for crossplarform is ready.

It is important to understand that no matter how much we players love DE and Warframe they are still small fish in the gaming industry.

I sure like to see cross save. There are millions of players, but only about hundreds of developers and rules enforcing people like slow "in Cert" taking weeks.

Some games already have cross save or cross play with all platforms. Some games (Rocket League) limit to cross play only, no cross save account transfers. Some games (Destiny 2) limit to cross save only, no cross play. Some games (Fortnite) have both cross save and cross play.

Warframe have a history of 3 account transfers, PC to PS4, PC to xbox, PC to switch, all lasted for only a few months then goes bye bye and closed Not a full transfer, limited to some items. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1035003-pc-to-switch-migration-further-restricted-items/

Each platforms for Warframe have something different.
Different alerts.
Different invasions.
Different Void fissure missions.
Different Fomorian progress and event.
Different Razorback progress and event.
Different relay locations.
Different updates. PS4 and Xbox one both often use same Warframe update.
Different daily tribute discount. PC Platinum discount, others have market discount.
Different method to purchase Tennogen. PC use Steam money, others use Platinum.
Different friends list.
Different gamertag. PC Warframe ignore steam and windows 10 Xbox app, and use their own system.

I like to see most of this synchronized and be the same for all platforms, as a first step of getting closer to cross save or cross play.

A similar topic have somewhat come up before. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1141182-cross-save-hear-me-out/

• Like 1