Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come On, Flashlight Sucks!

The_Markie

This game has Infestation missions, which provides some horror elements. But then, the flashlight SUCKS BALLS.

> You can't toggle it on or off.

> When you stand still, your guns can be pointing towards the ground while the flashlight still follows your cursor, which makes NO SENSE.

> When you're not on an Infestation mission, you can't use the flashlight unless it's very dark, but there are indeed some points in the mission that you need a flashlight but you can't have one, why? You can't freaking TOGGLE IT.

Come on, auto-flashlight sucks, let us have a functional, logical flashlight. This game needs it.

When you go in dark areas you have a "flashlight". its pretty crappy and really is only usefull if this was a fps

Yeah, but then most of the maps are quite dark too and the flashlight just doesn't show up. This is a third-person shooter with an immersive environment, it does need a handy flashlight.

No, it really doesn't.  It's a tacked on bit of flavor.  I'd rather it be removed than wasting any dev. time on making it worthwhile.

Oh really? You're saying that the fundamental feature of a shooter is a "waste of time" even though the game obviously implements things that require a flashlight in order to go through more conveniently.

You don't need it doesn't mean it's not needed by anyone else.

DE needs to get rid fothe flash lights all together.

There is no light source from where the light projects.

If anything the light should be just an illumination of some sort.

maybe even colored

Yep, or they replace it with something that makes sense or they fix the current non-sense.

Get rid of the flashlight, add in a night vision or similar vision mode that can be toggled. makes more sense since the Tenno don't use direct sight anyway

Even if it's as mods or something, Night and Thermal vision needs to happen. High tech, shielded ninja battlesuits and no one built these features, let alone a regular flashlight, into them?

Oh really? You're saying that the fundamental feature of a shooter is a "waste of time" even though the game obviously implements things that require a flashlight in order to go through more conveniently.

Adjusting your contrast/brightness you won't need one either. (I'm not arguing if this is better or not, just throwing that advice out there in case you didn't know)

My very first shooter was DOOM, and it didn't use a flash light at all.

I don't think the game engine back in those times was capable of handling stuff like that at all, your gun nozzle's flash doesn't even have any lighting effect.

Okay then, the next big shooter I played was AvP from 1999 and the Marine didn't have a flash light as far as I could tell. There was an infinite supply of flares that could only allow 3 out at a time or a grainy night-vision mode that also turned off the oh-so useful motion tracker.

Okay then, the next big shooter I played was AvP from 1999 and the Marine didn't have a flash light as far as I could tell. There was an infinite supply of flares that could only allow 3 out at a time or a grainy night-vision mode that also turned off the oh-so useful motion tracker.

That's what I'm saying, fix flashlight or replace it with something nicer than it is now.

Yes, flashlights are garbage. 

I want see some Augmented Reality elements on my HUD, kind of own warframe helper.

Or a simple alternative view mode, NV IRV etc. 

DEUS EX 1 AUGMENTATION, WOOOOOOO!!! +1

This game has Infestation missions, which provides some horror elements. But then, the flashlight SUCKS BALLS.

> You can't toggle it on or off.

> When you stand still, your guns can be pointing towards the ground while the flashlight still follows your cursor, which makes NO SENSE.

> When you're not on an Infestation mission, you can't use the flashlight unless it's very dark, but there are indeed some points in the mission that you need a flashlight but you can't have one, why? You can't freaking TOGGLE IT.

Come on, auto-flashlight sucks, let us have a functional, logical flashlight. This game needs it.

Add darker missions and adjustable flashlight = OC