The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quests introing new mechanics should intro those mechanics

Phatose

There's no reason for this mission you have to do after building your railjack but before you can use it to exist.  You don't learn anything about railjacks - which, considering how complicated the mode is, you really, really should be given an intro to the mechanics and shown at least how the basics function.  Instead, you load into your dojo, then into your railjack, then into a Lua mission that is completely unrelated to railjack where you basically walk from point A to B, press a button, walk to C,that's it.  Then you watch a cutscene - that also tells you nothing useful about the new mode.  Then you're dropped into the mode - which isn't balanced to allow soloing to learn without mucking things up for others - and fail, because the mode does a horrible job of explaining it's mechanics.   Or rather, it doesn't do the job at all.

In the future,  please ask about any required missions for new content "Does this help you learn the new content in any way, shape, or form?".  And if it doesn't - don't put it in the game in the first place.  It's useless.

• Like 1

The OP is right, a tutorial would save an awful lot of floundering about not knowing how to to things. I worked out the flight controls easily enough, the guns aren't that hard either, the repairing bits, this strange omni tool that just turned up in my gear wheel and the forge consoles are a complete blank to me. I can see that I need resources to build revolite to fight fires but I don't have access to my stockpile to build it. Where do these resources come from?

As to the upgrade mechanisms I can see how upgrading the grid improves whatever is installed in it but not whether that will make it cost more energy.

Trial and error is the worst way to learn anything, a 15 minute tutorial could take out the first 6 hours of floundering about figuring out how things work and make the game much more enjoyable, finding out the basics, then getting screwed in play because you missed one of the deeper bits or unexpected interactions because no-one told you about it.

Ahahahahah but I'm crying inside really.

They never learned how to ease the user into anything... I feel so bad for new players.

We visit the forums, read things watch videos and still have some problems, imagine the majority of the players who only play the game. Poor souls.