Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Solo Railjack.

o0Despair0o

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Update released: 14 hours ago

Creation of this post: 12 hours ago

Although i did read your post, actually these numbers tell everything and there is no real need to read what you have written^^

In only 2 hours (probably even less) you feel like making the conclusion about something being impossible.

What about trying to learn something, understanding mechanics and improving yourself?

Not your thing i guess, thats ok, really. If you dont like struggling and want a 0% Mission fail rate just play literally everything else this game offers.

I am beyond happy that finally there is something in this game again which isnt so easy that you can do it half asleep.

Said all that but completely missed the opening statement of.

12 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Before anyone goes full on keyboard warrior: I am fully aware that they're working on it. Stop acting like you know it all.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb DatDarkOne:

Said all that but completely missed the opening statement of:

"Before anyone goes full on keyboard warrior: I am fully aware that they're working on it. Stop acting like you know it all."

Didnt miss that.

Thats just a cheap way of dismissing everyone who doesnt agree as a "Keyboard Warrior" imo😉

All i am saying is that its ridiculous to say something is impossible after trying it for 2 hours maximum.

You simply cannot understand everything that comes with Railjack in that short period of time and develop tactics to deal with the challenge.

Edit: Btw, the fact that he is aware that DE is working has nothing to do with main statement:

Zitat

In only 2 hours (probably even less) you feel like making the conclusion about something being impossible.

What about trying to learn something, understanding mechanics and improving yourself?

Just look one post below me, @0_The_F00l managed to come up with solutions on the first day, he did try to come up with tactics,

and with a little more time for the community probably all of the missions will become pretty easy even in solo mode before we get the AI-Crew.

But yeah, you can also complain after just 2 hours that something is impossible and "act like you know it all" 😛

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

i managed the first 3 nodes solo , not very easy, but manageable.

after getting some intrinsics (failed many times).

Amesha with duration + strength , keep the railjack in the bubble

Imperator vandal with good fire rate and damage mods , lead the target and shoot

Borading party ships should be priority to destroy.

12 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

They said that Fires were not supposed to occur THAT often, yet my ship lits up like a frickin christmas tree drenched in napalm every 20 seconds.

Look at the fires compared to the dev steam, they did turn it down after the feed back that it was going to turn into repair jack.

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i managed the first 3 nodes solo , not very easy, but manageable.

after getting some intrinsics (failed many times).

Amesha with duration + strength , keep the railjack in the bubble

Imperator vandal with good fire rate and damage mods , lead the target and shoot

Borading party ships should be priority to destroy.

My tactic will more than likely be to hide the Railjack ship near a rock and just use my Itzal to do everything else.  But I'm not in any rush.  😄 

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I'm pretty sure that all these issues stem from the starter Railjack being less durable than a rank zero no mod Mag.

I agree.  It definitely looks that way from everything I've seen.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

I will just leave this here. Maybe someone at DE will see this and brush up on their solo play. Seriously, not having AI crew is going to kill this update if it isn't dealt with. There are more solo players than you think DE. And even when playing with a full 4-man crew, with some upgrades, it's a fricking nightmare. As soon as a repair a hole, before I can even sit back down in the gunner seat there is another hole and some fire and electrical hazards.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Putting mods on my weapons makes me an outlier? Neat.

In AW it does. 

If I had a quarter for every tenno I ran into with unmodded or under-modded AW stuff...

Regardless, like most new stuff it's probably best to poke at it just to say you did then let it lie until the patches and adjustments start. It's going to happen like it does in every major patch. 

Why in the world would anyone want to play Railjack solo.

I think it is awesome because it is a squad based game mode.  For the first time in years It felt like people on the group had a use, and we felt like an actual crew as we were going through astroids and chatting and fighting enemies.

I hope they reinforce the squad gameplay even further. 

9 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

In AW it does. 

If I had a quarter for every tenno I ran into with unmodded or under-modded AW stuff...

Let's not kid ourselves, Archwing mods are an utter pain in the arse to farm.

You know I still don't have a basic Electricity mod for my Archgun? Because the drop rate is freaking 0.02 PERCENT TO GET ONE.

The reason why nobody has Archwing mods is because playing Archwing was so utterly boring and pointless that getting mods for them was a waste of time, it wasn't until Profit-taker that people even wanted to bother farming them.

9 минут назад, White_Matter сказал:

Why in the world would anyone want to play Railjack solo.

I think it is awesome because it is a squad based game mode.  For the first time in years It felt like people on the group had a use, and we felt like an actual crew as we were going through astroids and chatting and fighting enemies.

I hope they reinforce the squad gameplay even further. 

It's horrible exactly because it's a squad based game mode. I play games to avoid idiots, not team up with them. If I'm forced to team up with them, the task should be idiot-proof. Railjack isn't. And it's hard not to be an idiot when there's literally 0 tutorials for the thing.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Let's not kid ourselves, Archwing mods are an utter pain in the arse to farm.

You know I still don't have a basic Electricity mod for my Archgun? Because the drop rate is freaking 0.02 PERCENT TO GET ONE.

The reason why nobody has Archwing mods is because playing Archwing was so utterly boring and pointless that getting mods for them was a waste of time, it wasn't until Profit-taker that people even wanted to bother farming them.

I hear excuses. 

Until now, you could more or less ignore AW and not really be the worse for wear. That has changed. 

Drop rates on a lot of things are low. We've all farmed said things because we needed them.  

Now you need it. Better get started. 

• Like 1

1 час назад, White_Matter сказал:

You must be a favorite among friends I can tell.

You asked "how". I answered. You enjoy failing missions with randoms? Good for you. I don't. The only alternative is getting eye-strain from LFG chat, wasting time on that. For me Railjack might as well not be released yet.

• Like 2

Solo viability seems to be RNG. If you spawn with baddies on you its gonna be really hard. If you have time to hide your railjack and solo everything in AW you might be fine. But the game mode is broken as a whole. I have done both solo and group play and I will say both have issues, also I have ran into the "the railjack is invisible when inside so you cant navigate" and the "forever host migration" bugs a lot. But the co-op play can be just as bad as solo with someone who wants to troll at the helm or people who just stare at a hull breach jumping up and down. I think a forced co-op in a game mode is not the best idea when you game has no way of "screening" out bad players or people that want to troll. But thats just my 2c

As a side note, getting 4 people that are a "pilot" or "eng" main cane be annoying. Since DE decided to add a semi role system, they should implement some kind of "queue as a gunner" type of toggle. Most MMO's that have roles account for this.

Edited by Critical_Zero

Couldn't have said it better myself. I just finished a mission solo as well, and basically have the same experience as you. Your railjack is so weak from the start that you're lucky the piece of junk is still spaceworthy at all. Your railjack is filled full of fiery holes faster than a droplet of water evaporates on a hot pan. I can't find any time whatsoever to pilot the ship - let stand fire its weapons and fly to a safe distance - inbetween constantly having to repel boarding parties and fix fires and hull breaches. To make matters even worse, all of a sudden you are out of 'revolites', a catastrophic hull breach is unavoidable and the mission's basically failed anyway. There goes a good chunk of your time, with barely anything to show for it. Then, as if the mission wasn't impossible enough, the enemy crewships from the very first mission are so damn tanky that they might as well be the grineer dreadnoughts for all I care. A full minute of emptying my railjack guns into it without pause didn't even take off 1/8th of its hp. Meanwhile they're firing missiles, fighters and ramsleds like they've got them on a 'buy 1 get 20 free' sale at KuvaQueens-Incorporated. And this is supposed to be from the first mission that's supposed to introduce you to railjack fighting. Which is all doable with multiple people I guess, but so unnecessarily hard(/impossible) with 2 or 1... To be honest, I've kind of had it with all these half-finished game modes and big grind fests that are being released.

Anyway, long story short, I completely agree man. My salt is immeasurable as well.

Once you have avionics, it gets to be much more manageable, but still hectic.  Seeker swarm will make earth fighters trivial, and void cloak will give you breathing room to drop the helm and repair or repel boarders while the ship isn't under attack.  The forward artillery can deal with crewships without leaving the ship.  Yet, if you want to solo you're going to need a good boat and be on the ball.

I can solo some veil nodes now, but I really would rather not.

Edited by PhoenixFury

ehhhh gonna be honest, this mode not gonna be soloable until you get 5 on every intrinsics, after that, earth become solo-able-fast

would you believe I did only run solo earth node 3 from r8 to r10 in my early game ?

the tactic :

- seeker volley at ready

- spam it, loot energy, if you are unlucky go to engine room and craft more flux.

- go to sling shot, kill the Crewship whenever you see one after the first wave

- hull breach ? fire ? what is that ? just ignore it until you got that countdown.

this whole process takes 4 minutes(at worst) total in earth node 3.

I do that for 3 days... farming that cursed zetki bulkhead, which in the end... didn't drop.... I had to buy it from my clanmates with rngesus blessing.

saturn :

- I skip farming this sector

veil :

- same tactic as earth, but you will need void hole so you can clean up faster

- takes about 10 minutes per run

worry not !! void hole only cost about 600p !! (sarcasm)

so yeah it's... soloable...

but...

not EASILY solo-able

you need to gather different rare resouce and avionics to made it solo-able

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can solo railjack, but it takes more time (obviously). I did the first Earth mission without any reapir juice with basic RJ on my first try.

I have completed Veil and Saturn solo (did the sentient thing solo as well), and I still use basic shields, Sigma III reactor and weapons, don't have void hole, don't have any hyperstrike beyond the basic crappy one, don't have the predator (crit chance) mod. I also didn't use the Amesha/Cyngas farm method.

If I can do it with my average/below average gear, I am sure it can be done even easier with better items.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Mr.Fluffins:

You can solo railjack, but it takes more time (obviously). I did the first Earth mission without any reapir juice with basic RJ on my first try.

I have completed Veil and Saturn solo (did the sentient thing solo as well), and I still use basic shields, Sigma III reactor and weapons, don't have void hole, don't have any hyperstrike beyond the basic crappy one, don't have the predator (crit chance) mod. I also didn't use the Amesha/Cyngas farm method.

If I can do it with my average/below average gear, I am sure it can be done even easier with better items.

That's good to know. I'm farming resources for the sigma MK III parts. The natural progression is bonkers though. MK I parts already starting to feel worthless from the second half of earth while being equivalently expensive than sigma MK III.

Edited by (PS4)de_sch0sch

Just now, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

That's good to know. I'm farming resources for the sigma MK III parts. The natural progression is bonkers though. MK I parts already starting to feel worthless from the second half of earth.

What really helped me with clearing hordes of fighters in Veil was using Galvarc MK3 with the avionic that boosts ordnance damage (I think it's ripload? don't remember the name) in combination with particle ram and cryophon.