Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there no matchmaking for railjack?

BPTheFirst

Question

ive been trying to play the new mode with my ship after putting a set of upgrades on it and yet, nobody will ever join when i launch. Only time i get a chance with the railjack missions is launching from my orbiter so i join someone else.
I have my squad set to public and have never had issues with this before and yet, at this update, i fail to matchmake with any playing Empyrean missions

I think it's either broken or confusing. When I start a mission (and therefore host), I don't get the usual waiting room and countdown for regular missions but it just starts right away. I don't know if that is supposed to be like that because it takes away the ability to change frame loadout before going into the mission (as the arsenal in the ship doesn't work with the objective still open).

Joining a crew is confusing even more, as I tried many time to join one, but instead of my orbiter taking me to the host's ship, it takes out my own ship and I end up being alone out there .. lool.

I am having the issue that I can't join a mission someone else is hosting.

If I join from the navigation in the Dojo it acts the exact same (hosts) as if I am on my railjack.

If I Join from my orbiter it bugs out and the only way I can continue (to the next mission) or leave is to abort the mission we just finished. I have been stuck in somone's railjack this way even after they have gone back to their Dojo and all the members of the party have left. It leaves me out in the middle of an empty mission with no way to return.

On 2019-12-12 at 9:45 PM, Loza03 said:

Seems to be something about the queue system?

Likely because the matchmaking is detoured through the weird listen servers they use for dojos, rather than the normal peer2peer system they use for everything else. The result is a really annoying, really unstable hybrid system that no one likes

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Likely because the matchmaking is detoured through the weird listen servers they use for dojos, rather than the normal peer2peer system they use for everything else. The result is a really annoying, really unstable hybrid system that no one likes

I've had absolutely no problems after the initial queue system, myself.

I may be wrong, but it seems like the railjack's owner is set as host everytime.

So, if your connection is too slow, no one will join. Fix your internet. Mine is decently fast, and I always get people joining my railjack in the first minute.

Seems logical enough to me

So I was joining some pugs today and noticed that if you press ok on the error message that shows up then it cancels the matchmaking/squad search. But if you do nothing you see behind it that the matchmaking is working just like any normal mission, so just wait and don't touch the OK button. :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, -AR.ned-418 said:

How do you even join in a Railjack crew?

In your orbiter just go to navigation and hit the button towards upper right corner to switch to railjack starmap, pick mission, and avoid the OK button of the error that may show up.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I may be wrong, but it seems like the railjack's owner is set as host everytime.

So, if your connection is too slow, no one will join. Fix your internet. Mine is decently fast, and I always get people joining my railjack in the first minute.

Seems logical enough to me

There is nothing wrong with my internet. Seems illogical to me to assume that the internet is the problem.

22 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

I use party chat due the broken state of matchmaking for railjack, just ask for people who knows how to put fires and dont go head first into archwing.

Definitely an option. I'm just annoyed that I've seen no mention of the matchmaking issues from DE (that I've seen).

• Like 1