Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.1

[DE]Megan

Sooo, finished a mission....

Went back to drydock to do some upgrades, and a Crewship decided to defect and join me.  Just saying I'm a cool tenno and all that but it REALLY didn't belong in my dojo.  Also it really screwed everything up. Falling through floors, super lag, umm yeah probably more but I decided to leave via force quit. 

Just now, Novaspree said:

Did you guys catch that people cant play with each other because they cant join friends or randoms? 

lol expecting them to acknowledge the most important issues they have instead of burying their heads in the sand to pretend it doesnt exist? That's not the DE way

Thanks for working hard, DE. It feels like it's not really possible to run this solo even at a low level (contrary to what was being discussed during the last Devstream) since the Railjack doesn't have any innate cloak, it's just a sitting duck if you're trying to go in with your Archwing and collect resources or clear fighters/crew ships. AI seems to default to attacking the Railjack as well. Archwing will draw some fire, but most enemies seem to be drawn to the Railjack and once you're dealing with with repairs, it feels like you are pretty much stuck in a loop dealing with the repairs from boarding/damage since you've got no way to deal with external threats if you're inside. I'm aware your plans are to have this a heavy Co-op mode right now, but matchmaking seems spotty as after a few attempts on my end to get a crew on my ship, even with 50+ available squads, nobody seems to get matched in and the mission automatically starts even without additional crew members. Kinda a bummer, but, I'll reserve judgement until there's been time to hot fix and make adjustments. 

Thank you for the hard work and late night patch, you guys need some rest though!

Not sure if it's been said, but with controllers there's no way to remove yourself from any railjack stations. Piloting or the side guns, I have to press X on my keyboard to step off of them.

Railjack controller binding is still refusing to bind anything that is connected to melee on regular Warframe controller bindings.

So far managed a workaround by, changing all the inputs on my Warframe Controller bindings to Gear buttons, then saved.

After that assigned the controller buttons to Railjack the way I want. Saved. Then went back to correct the Normal Controller bindings.

The Move Up, and Move Down bindings however refused to be different from each other on Normal Controller and Railjack controller settings.

I don't like that the Move Down, is combined to a dodge/blink option now. Would be better if those were separated, but allowed to be bound together to same button still.

Railjack clearly not balanced for solo play.  Don't even know why it's an option.  Wanted to get my feet wet with some action and resources before I tried group play.  No chance to finish even first mission solo.  Impossible to fly, fight, repel boarders, and repair fires, electrical nonsense, all at the same time, and no shadow cloak available to try boarding other ships, fighting in arch-wing, etc..  Play in a group or get exploded.  Cool new game mode, y'all.

I was all excited for Empyrean.  Now I'm already done playing. 😞

2 minutes ago, gfb537 said:

Railjack clearly not balanced for solo play.  Don't even know why it's an option.  Wanted to get my feet wet with some action and resources before I tried group play.  No chance to finish even first mission solo.  Impossible to fly, fight, repel boarders, and repair fires, electrical nonsense, all at the same time, and no shadow cloak available to try boarding other ships, fighting in arch-wing, etc..  Play in a group or get exploded.  Cool new game mode, y'all.

I was all excited for Empyrean.  Now I'm already done playing. 😞

Devs clearly stated first phase of Railjack will not be for solo play. Try watching devstream once in a while,ok?

Can you add "equipped" to avionics that are active on the railjack or at least add a pop up warning when scrapping extras? I already scrapped two avionics I had equipped and leveled simply because I couldn't tell which was which, even with the [1] next to leveled avionics. If the UI for avionics are going to be similar to mods it would be nice to have measures to not accidentally toss them like the mod segment has.

53 minutes ago, achilles047 said:

@[DE]Megan My whole friend list appears offline, also unable to inv or receive invites from anybody, they appear offline for me and I for them. PLS help and thanks for railjack again! 

YEP... same. 
REALLY frustrating because OTHERS in my clan could see each other but I was a ghost.

Just now, Shemarria said:

YEP... same. 
REALLY frustrating because OTHERS in my clan could see each other but I was a ghost.

I've been having this issue off and on with specific players. So far it seems I can connect with East coast players fine, but west coast players are marked as offline for matchmaking. I'm wondering if servers are having trouble communicating?

1 hour ago, Emperrier said:

You can only pick up Avionics in the Railjack, and you have to fly straight into it, there's no vacuum. Space is kinda big, you're going to miss tons of them and that seems not ideal.

Edit: Oh and also it's infuriating if the pilot wants to $&*^ around and ignore avionics you've waypointed.

Edit 2: Fluctus projectile speed is so low that it literally can only hit things if you shoot at them when they're coming at you, and archmelee seems to be utterly broken.

Edit 3: Since when is Corvas a space plasmor? Anyway, it suffers from a similar problem except it's the amount of distance a projectile travels before disappearing. It's basically a melee weapon. I guess the heart of the problem with Corvas and archmelee is that at base there's no real way to match these ships' speed. Afterburner is too slow and dashing is too fast.

Thank God we can get around so fast with itzal's blink

Here's a few issues that I encountered that I didn't see in the patch notes (or had time to test)

1: Dying in archwing in railjack mission occasionally wouldn't let me respawn (also happened to squad mates)

2: Occasionally, crafting the railjack resources would perma-lock the railjack foundry, and a message would say that it was "In use"

3: Most players are noted as Offline when invited, or simply don't show up in lists.

4: A combination of several factors leads to practically a guaranteed failure of railjack missions, the factors are - Too many holes being shot in the railjack, not enough fuel for the omni-tool, sometimes a necessary resource simply doesn't drop, precrafted fuel for omni-tool doesn't carry over into railjack missions, the combination of build time, repair time, and travel time makes every repair too close for comfort (especially without a full squad).  I propose removing the material cost of the omni-tool, and decrease the number of holes punched in the railjack.

5: At one point, the ship I was firing at simply wouldn't go below ~1% health, no matter how much I shot it, and about 3 seconds after I stopped shooting it, it instantly regenerated half of it's health, sabotaging from the inside seemed much more efficient, but because of the previous bugs and design choices, it nearly always proved fatal for the mission.

6: (added later) Another apparent bug that has been happening for a while is the Kuva Archgun.  Most of the time when I fire it (it seems more common when boosting), my warframe does an awkward backflip, interrupting my shooting as if I was hit by an explosion.  I have tested this with no enemies around, and it still happens.

1 hour ago, Gravemind93 said:

Totally missed the point of what I said.

I'm not whining it's too hard to stay out as your Arch', I'm saying it's objectively completely unfair how weak and vulnerable Archwings are despite being small and fast. Even going a short distance as fast as possible to board a Crew Ship has you lucky to even survive. I never said it should be more viable or even on-par, but it needs to at least not be an immediate death sentence in the very first level.

ah well I apologize, I haven't actually went in and test it out yet but I hope you're right about that. 

Cause powercreep in warframe is a hell of a thing and it can get just a bit too easy real fast and I just don't want DE to make us into some invincible being that can't be challenged. 

Imo, that's just not fun. I'll see how it is, you sure you got your builds right though that's the question? I know Archwing mods ain't much but but I at least hope you got the essential mods in. 

I feel like your statement about getting killed from two shots is highly exaggerated but I'll see to it...

Gotta admit though that releasing a co-op adon without checking if the matchmaking actually works and people can even form a group... boy, that's a whole new level of something I consider haphazardly. Mind blown. Seriously.

The poor souls working their asses off now to fix that overnight...

Archived