Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.1

[DE]Megan

From the Host's Orbiter, Inviting players to your Orbiter then transferring to the Railjack:

Players/ Squadmembers can get stuck in Arsenal when another player picks a mission in navigation and the railjack travels in vortex,

they can't exit the arsenal or click any of the menus, they can permanently locked until the host abandons the mission and they return to the dojo

Is there a fix yet for dodge roll i-frames/evasion being borked?

Ever since Update 26 dropped dodge rolls have lost their stunlock i-frames (discovered that one while getting wailed on by a Kuva Lich with a Shildeg), and in the same vein I can't dodge-roll away from a lich's grab attack (I roll away when the animation starts, before they actually grab you, and get dragged back 6-10 feet anyway). Other players have reported, mostly on Reddit to my knowledge, that this has affected Titania's Razorwing form, as her evasion either does not work, or only works some of the time (depends on who you ask)

A solid portion of my game knowledge has been invalidated by this bug, as does most of my defensive tools at higher levels, let alone what it has done to Titania. Any way we can get a fix, or at least an ETA on a fix?

Diode/pustule/copernic/carbide cost for Mk 1 weapon parts is waaaay too high. Like, 1 zero too high. Considering it's the first upgrade, it should cost nowhere near as much as it does. Been playing for like ~9 hours today (fair, about a third of the games bugged out), but the fact that after at least ~6 hours worth of missions I can't make A SINGLE Mk 1 part is beyond ridiculous. It's taking a piss really. You'd think you would be better at that, after so much time, but the sheer proportion to where it's imbalanced just baffles me. Fire the person who makes resource cost decisions already because it happens EVERY GODFORSAKEN #*!%ING TIME. FOR #*!%S SAKE.

Just compute that. A person playing 6 hours can't make a Mk 1 (which is still kinda basic, we're not talking endgame railjack parts here) part. To make it, I would need at least ~12 hours worth of resources gathering missions of PURE GAMEPLAY. There are 2 guns, engines and avionic. That's near 50 hours pure gameplay to upgrade to Mk 1. Do you even think before releasing this? Lets say I play hardcore and go for like ~5 hours a day. That's 10 days... To make Mk 1 parts... Not endgame parts... Just the upgrade from the most basic parts.

Now, if I play a more healthy amount of 1-2 hours a day, that's... 30 days or so. A month. Of playing every day. To make 1 Mk 1 upgrade for each part. For #*!%s sake. Stop pretending it's a silly mistake on your part, because this happens every #*!%ing time. Every #*!%ing update. Every. Single. One. And you never learn. You never seem to even do basic math on this or any testing. What's wrong with you.

There is a problem with alternate shift run in both archwing and railjack missions where it takes priority and translates player collisions every second, making boarding ships a dead end. I just lost 1 and half hour trying to battle this bug and lost all my progress with the mission.

This has been in effect since april or so, fix it already.

HostMig = left Mission   and   Leaving the Dojo after finishing mission = aborded mission :S 2nd thing

Host Mig after Host Mig = Lost earlyer drops untill the current mission (today) 3 hours wasted cuz of the great dumbo host who cant leave

AHH YEAH no leaving option like an defense or an question "would u join xyz" nope nothing

Starmap doesnt work while broken mission, maybe an bar to run back to dojo like Bountys on Cetus or Fortuna.

Side Guns makes the current ship invisible and u can see only the door if u left the Gun's

4 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Railjack is actually the most fun thing I've done in WF in the recent years. It is probably the only thing in WF that actually requires to play as a squad in different roles. Something WF lacked for too long.

I can't believe this but DE seems to have nailed everything right with Railjack, sure it needs more polish(mostly in the technical side) but the gameplay experience is unique and fun, which I think is very important. And it has a potential to expand. Which is like icing on the cake.

At first I thought the resource thing would be problematic but you can gather enough resources through out the mission if you play as a team. But again, it comes down to teamwork. Which is pretty unique in this game. 

What can I say it has been pretty fun so far.

From another thread.

Couple of bugs I've encountered : 

UI lock up inside archwing - I wasn't able to see the crosshair or ship health while I was piloting.

Being stuck - I got stuck when the mission started and unstuck command didn't work(after I invited everyone to my railjack). Someone also said in a different mission  that they were stuck inside the enemy crewship(they couldn't exit). 

now im hate DE for no reason for fixing matchmaking with others players join them and now its toolate now we need to wait longer for them DE has all stuck with that many bugs with empyrean expansion we need that fix asap for matchmaking with others players but DE bear has say stay tuned for all DE for hard work and now is unplayable with no others players join them with empyrean expansion has unplayable yet and no other reason for join them and its too many bugs on the game 😡

1 hour ago, Azrubel said:

It's a fun update overall. If we ignore the plethora of game breaking bugs. And the fact that fighting in archwing is useless. And that the Railjack is made of paper, getting hull breaches every two seconds while one can barely scratch the paint on enemy ships. And the constant crashes and hangs and infinite loadings that forces me to Alt+F4 out... But hey! Fun!

Seriously, you know us as a community. We would rather wait for a good and polished update rather than getting a half baked rushed thing. Half an hour in, after the third crash, my hype was butchered.

Yep this covers it for me too.. all the hypetrains just deRailed .. hire a couple of players that can actually game test please DE.

The railjack is supposed to be a formidable ship, yet it constantly gets boarded and has hull breaches. This would be unrealistic on an actual space warship. I like the idea of multiple things to do in space missions but come on DE. This thing cost us thousands of resources yet its built so crappy we have to constantly repair it every 10 seconds in the mission. No wonder they are not used anymore. Please reduce hull breaches and boarding parties and give us a half decent ship. Also why are there always new resources? Cant new things be built with the stockpiles of resources I have spent years accumulating? Or are those useless now?

1.for some reason we cant invite some of our clan mates to join our squad 

2.sometimes we stay in the loading screen of the railjack the vortex the blue thingy 

3. the game is crashing a lot for some hosts if we try to go their railjack

4. am not getting any carbides from the railjack missions even if i saw i picked them up

these are some issues i have faced during my todays playthrough i just wanted to let u guys know this u guys have done some amazing work i love this update so far apart from few bugs and some crashes here and their thx for giving us this update 🙂

I've had good luck so far with railjack. It has bugs like any launch, but it's still good for me.

ISSUE - ship disappears leaving either random bits or just doors after gunning or mission end while in a gun position
WORKAROUND - exit the railjack into space or fast travel if in dock and re-enter the railjack to reload interior.
Full fix - do not unload interior when in a position, or force reload interior map when exiting

ISSUE - rewards not being delivered to players - seems to be related to owning a railjack - if you own one, you get rewards, if you don't you just get credits sometimes

ISSUE - rewards/drops of new basic resources too low given cost of upgrades - this is glaringly obvious in the case of things used in revolite

ISSUE - all players must be in the railjack to exit the mission - this is a modebreaker, especially if you have one kamikaze that dies outside. they can't re-enter and the mission becomes incompletable. if the host migrates everyone else loses their rewards, and the mission resets. we need a votekick or tractorbeam or something for this

ISSUE - Railjack takes too much damage - this is partially true, it is very fragile at base but with a few hundred .. space endo ... you can upgrade the gridslots and mods to give it a bit more tank. Also smart piloting helps here tremendously - asteroid tank is far better than cockpit tanking. play more hide-and-seeking-missile.

ISSUE - joining the free flight mission from orbiter nav prompts withthe 'need to be in dry dock to host' message popup, but still finds and joins squads just fine. matchamking needs some love, it's broken weirdly in spots like invasions as well.

ISSUE - animations at the shipboard forges are too slow - you'll spend 8-10 seconds animating and cvamera swooping instead of pushing the damn build button. they are pretty, but by necessity of function must be far faster. Also the hotspot to interact is both tiny and very directional, exacerbating the problem.

ISSUE - the bars in the omni tool minigame disappear against the blindingly bright polychrome behind them, burning resources

This update is good, having fun with it. Getting a good crew is nice. I'd recommand getting your gunnery up to 3 and engineering at least to 1 as soon as possible, as that gives much better gunning from freeview and reduced costs to repair from the omni tool. Revolite while neat eats all the returns of pustules. component costs are still too high at base level for the returns we getfrom the missions after use in repairs and ammo. 

This doesn't erase the existing issues with lich which still need to be fixed, but it does go a long way towards having me ask 'what lichframe?', which is a good thing. Thanks for coming through, hope you follow through as well.

:)

35 minutes ago, thelostspy007 said:

The railjack is supposed to be a formidable ship, yet it constantly gets boarded and has hull breaches. 

Turrets should be moved from sides to top & bottom with 360 degree firing arcs

At the moment 90 % of damage to railjack is caused by craft approaching from blind spots

If moving turrets means ramping up difficulty so be it.

Archived