Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw Nikana Visual Glitch

(PSN)Shadow_Wolf_667

There is currently a glitch with Nikana Zaws which specifically affects the sheath. The sheath is not separately colourable like with other Nikanas as going into the attachment section only allows customization of the sugatra, unlike on other Nikanas where it also includes the sheath. The sheath also lingers on the Warframe's hip indefinitely without a blade when toggling the "Visible when holstered" to OFF. The sheath also stays in place on the Warframe's hip at the beginning of a mission, but the instant a melee attack is executed, the sheath disappears for the remainder of the mission, and the blade is "sheathed" on the hip without said sheath. This bug also remains consistent with equipped skins. There is also a visual bug where the sheath lingers at around the Warframe's left thigh when equipping any weapon after the Zaw, but as a 2D image that disappears from certain angles, though I was unable to replicate this consistently.

Can confirm all the above, also there are 2 sugatra on the grip as opposed to 1 sugatra on normal nikana since the beginning of zaw nikana existence and it hasn't been fixed yet. 

So, the summary:

1. Sheath bug, uncustomisable in colors

2. Ingame sheath bug, stuck in the hip, rotating sheath following camera movements, and visually missing when the blade is sheated. 

3. Sugatra bug, there was supposed to be only one sugatra.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-12-13 at 12:04 AM, (PS4)Shadow_Wolf_667 said:

There is currently a glitch with Nikana Zaws which specifically affects the sheath. The sheath is not separately colourable like with other Nikanas as going into the attachment section only allows customization of the sugatra, unlike on other Nikanas where it also includes the sheath. The sheath also lingers on the Warframe's hip indefinitely without a blade when toggling the "Visible when holstered" to OFF. The sheath also stays in place on the Warframe's hip at the beginning of a mission, but the instant a melee attack is executed, the sheath disappears for the remainder of the mission, and the blade is "sheathed" on the hip without said sheath. This bug also remains consistent with equipped skins. There is also a visual bug where the sheath lingers at around the Warframe's left thigh when equipping any weapon after the Zaw, but as a 2D image that disappears from certain angles, though I was unable to replicate this consistently.

Im pretty sure this has existed since zaws were released

• 3 weeks later...

I went through today and catalogued every error with the Sepfahn visuals. Please note that these errors occur no matter what skin is equipped, and that most of these errors have been in existence for years.

1: If you have your melee weapon set to not appear, the sheath will still be visible.

2: When you are in your arsenal, there will be a duplicate copy of the sheath that floats around your Warframe.

3: If you try to equip a sugatra, two of them will appear.

4: If you are in a mission with multiple weapons equipped, and you use your melee, the sheath will disappear for the rest of the mission, regardless of any weapon swaps you do. This does not occur if you go in with only your melee equipped.

5: If you equip it on a number of Warframes (so far I've seen it on Wisp, Frost Harka skin, Equinox Antonym skin, and Banshee Prime, though there may be other skins that are affected as well) the effect from  whatever element or elemental combination you have on the zaw will completely cover them. This does not occur with any other weapon or zaw (including other nikanas).

It is frankly ridiculous that these issues still exist, and there seen to be more now than before. I don't understand why these haven't been fixed, because I know that people have been reporting some of these bugs for over a year.

I personally have spent around 200 platinum on nikana skins, and for what? So they can continue to not work right? How much had the community spent on skins for a completely broken model, DE?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...