Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grattler is useless and needs a rework

_Urakaze_

With the new update (which is kind of fun but disastrous at the same time), the Grattler became even more useless than before

Now it is a weapon that:

Kills you every so often in normal missionso and you have to shoot at enemies' feet for max damage

Despite designed like a flak never does the job of a flak, projectiles goes through enemy ships and don't explode, unlike a flak that has proximity fuse that make the shell detonation near targets

Has no range whatsoever. I was chasing fighters with the gun and I literally have to be in their face or arse otherwise the projectiles will expire before hitting them

Yep. Grattler definitely needs a proximity fuse.

Larkspur is also completely useless against the current space enemies in railjack. It has basically no range and doesn't lock onto enemies. The charge projectile is also far too slow to hit anything besides maybe a frozen enemy from itzal's augment.

Had someone comment in my mission that the fluctus was pretty bad as well.

Imperator vandal meanwhile seems to be doing just fine combined with the slow from amesha's third ability.

Edited by zakaryx

9 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

Had someone comment in my mission that the fluctus was pretty bad as well.

really? maybe that's an issue with projectile speed, in my experience Fluctus kicks copious amounts of A$$ without needing to aim much, which sounds perfect to me. i use it a lot, granted no railjack on console yet but still..

I won't say no to a Grattler buff, despite it's shortcomings it's still my favourite Archgun, though that crown will likely go to Kuva Ayanga once I get a Lich to carry the damn thing..

The kuva archgun,from what i see can be considered as a successor to the Grattler...still using Grattler for me...but prob will have it replaced once i get the kuva archgun...

Anyway the Grattler should have some sort of proximity detonation,is a flack cannon after all,and flak cannons should be good at taking down fighters...just like how real life flak cannons are in ww2...used to take down aircraft mainly.

Edited by DarthIronclad

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

really? maybe that's an issue with projectile speed, in my experience Fluctus kicks copious amounts of A$$ without needing to aim much, which sounds perfect to me. i use it a lot, granted no railjack on console yet but still..

Yeah. Enemies in railjack move VERY quickly. I'm talking about faster than your archwing moves while boosting which makes any kind of slow projectile speed worthless in space.