Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Railjack mouse piloting nonsense

Cricket2222

When piloting any railjack if I use a controller everything works just fine. However when I try and use mouse and keyboard the aiming retical goes crazy and becomes impossible to shoot anything or even steer the ship. This problem ONLY seems to happen when piloting and not when in the Gunner seat.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not have this problem and I use mouse for piloting. (But I did have mouse sensitivity problems earlier, which I "fixed" by going to "windowless fullscreen" on my display settings.)

Maybe there's an options setting that matters here? (Maybe the display setting or maybe a mouse sensitivity setting? I forget if there's a railjack specific mouse sensitivity setting...)

I have the exact same issue. It's like a bug not a sensitivity thing. Set your controller down before you interact with the pilot seat, use the keyboard and hit x (or whatever your action button to use is) to grab the pilot controls and see if that works. Mine works about 8 out of 10 times. If it doesnt, I have to hit x and step off then walk backwards and forwards slightly and hit x again. Usually once or twice and this will fix it. But if you don't walk back-and-forth slightly it doesn't correct itself either for whatever reason. And mine still screws up 100% of the time if i forget and hit interact from the controller. 
On a related note, if you use the keyboard to interact with the gunner seat the sensitivity will actually match what you set it at. If you interact from the controller and then use the mouse and keyboard the sensitivity seems juiced to the max no matter what your settings are.

Edited by SmilinBandit971
Reworded, forgot something.