The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo players, stop expecting, that Command will fix all your railjack problems.

Furebel

3 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Id say solo players are majority of the player base if anything mate.

Depends on what you mean by solo.  DE Rebecca in this thread notes that in a randomly chose day, 8% of players were purely solo.  But with a lot of missions, its fairly easy to just pub with randoms, so even solo players don't necessarily play purely solo all of the time; I pub because it doesn't matter, I don't have to work with the other people most of the time, but for anything that requires commitment or coordination I.E. Eidolons, PT, Railjack, I prefer solo.  IIRC people who were playing raids was an even smaller %, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Soulgazer said:

I pub because it doesn't matter, I don't have to work with the other people most of the time, but for anything that requires commitment or coordination I.E. Eidolons, PT, Railjack, I prefer solo.

This. I'll pub anything I can complete with or without other people. If those other people become a burden that can fail the mission independent of my actions it's all solo all day. Example: Spy missions, especially sorties.

42 minutes ago, Soulgazer said:

Depends on what you mean by solo.  DE Rebecca in this thread notes that in a randomly chose day, 8% of players were purely solo.  But with a lot of missions, its fairly easy to just pub with randoms, so even solo players don't necessarily play purely solo all of the time; I pub because it doesn't matter, I don't have to work with the other people most of the time, but for anything that requires commitment or coordination I.E. Eidolons, PT, Railjack, I prefer solo.  IIRC people who were playing raids was an even smaller %, though.

I remember that thread. I know she picked 1 day & I believe that was only PC data right? I wonder how many go Solo on console.

I wonder if they did a real graph over all versions for 1 month, what would the majority of missions be? I feel they'd need to categorize it though as Railjack has obviously boosted the Co-op numbers due to well...locking many people out of the solo possibility (a surprisingly large percent of players cannot build the ship for multiple reasons.)

Fissures & Hydron probably need to be their own graph too as they'd skew the numbers. EVERYONE knows within a month of joining the game that Hydron is the "level up" node, & Void Fissures are run in groups to circumvent the RNG to an extent.

I know I solo 98% of the time (even Railjack, which was a pain in the ass for Earth but a few lucky drops fixed all that....so much for DE's "We want Railjack progression to be skill & investment based not pure luck." statement.) mostly due to the fact that PUBs will never play how "YOU" the individual wish to play.
I don't begrudge folks for PUBing. But I developed a strong dislike for sheer number of posts on carious forums, videos, & subreddits that basically can be described as:
"These completely random players I was randomly matchmade with are not playing "MY" exact way. They need to play exactly how "I" want them to play."
If you choose to play with randoms/public games then you need to expect that EVERYONE WILL PLAY DIFFERENTLY and there is nothing you or DE can do about it.

Anyways, I tend to play Solo because I am a stealth player. I prefer to sneak around, collect loot, explore, scan, and etc at my leisure.
I like to KO my Simaris faction by stealth scanning 1 exterminate mission every day; while doing that scan mission I scan plants (so I'm always up to par in supply stock), I open every green locker, I search every room (for Ayatan Sculptures especially), I also will pickpocket (if Ivara) every enemy for a chance at their rare loot. I'm very meticulous. I will NEVER get a PUB that will tolerate that gameplay. Even in Railjack PUBS get toxic over collecting LOOT & resources after the mission ends.