Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soloing Empyrean

Thanatos_13

Just finished a couple of missions of Empyrean by myself.

Is it possible? Yes

Is it hard? As hell.

Is it fun? You bet it is.

It's been a long time since I last had this much fun losing a thousand times and improving in my skills. Thank you DE! I really love Empyrean.

What do you guys think?

• Like 6

well done, attempted to solo a couple myself and did ok untill the big ships show up, have not been able to take them out with ship guns and if i jump out and try and get inside it I lose my ship or run out of repair ammo, will take practice.

Very much enjoying it atm tho, much better with friends tho

hace 4 minutos, Kluuvien dijo:

well done, attempted to solo a couple myself and did ok untill the big ships show up, have not been able to take them out with ship guns and if i jump out and try and get inside it I lose my ship or run out of repair ammo, will take practice.

Very much enjoying it atm tho, much better with friends tho

Yeah I simply destroy the cores and go back to the Railjack as fast as I can to find it overrun with grinner and hull breaches, but that is what makes it intense.

I find something annoying, Soloing is harder to farm for resources or is it just me?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thanatos_13 said:

Yeah I simply destroy the cores and go back to the Railjack as fast as I can to find it overrun with grinner and hull breaches, but that is what makes it intense.

I find something annoying, Soloing is harder to farm for resources or is it just me?

It's bloody fun mate, I love it. What I would ABSOLUTELY love would be 8 player mode of this though, damn that would be fun.

15 minutes ago, Thanatos_13 said:

Its a bit harder because the resources are also gotten from the Fighters aside from Asteroids, I did a few times solo and then 1 random joined me and we did 2 missions togheter.

It was a noticeable difference. As we decided that he would pilot and I went to Archwing to destroy the crewships from within and take the heat off the Railjack by being another target for the enemies to focus on. So he had a bit of time to shot some rocks to get more resources for us.

More people means more hands doing things. So ya: solo IS harder in general. Doable. but harder.

17 minutes ago, Kluuvien said:

stay in the mission after your done and fly around blowing up all the little bits of asteroid and station, lots of loot to be had, make sure you refine it all

Speaking of loot, you can't see most of it from the Railjack, which is a huge portion of my combat resources problem., I have to chase down fighters and fly through wherever they explode.  Hard to keep topped up on pustrels and diodes for that sweet omni when I can't even SEE that $#!% floating around out there.

And if DE intentionally designed it that way, they can pull their heads out of their asses any day now.  There's solo being hard because some mechanics aren't in game yet, then there's being actively malicious towards solo play.

Also, "alternate?" fire seems to wreck crewships intermittedly.  I managed to fire off a missile (uses munitions) and it nearly took half a crew ships health, then I fired half a dozen more and... nada.  Either bugged or I'm misunderstanding how the missile works.

Either way, I figure in a few days and some upgraded weapons, I'll be in a much better position.  The whole invisible resource thing is really what's most brutal about all this though.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Hiding my Railjack inside a conveniently sized asteroid while my Archwing and (travel time) Imperator Vandal do the grunt work then going back inside my Railjack to start scraping up resources after 10 minutes of babysitting it is definitely my idea of fun.

Sarcasm aside, I'm trying to make due with what I got. Started all the research and have some resources piling up. Sort of a rocky start (failed a few times), but I'm getting better definitely. Already at Pilot / Gunner level 2, and there won't be any slowing down.

Finding resources in this insanely huge map from enemies is sort of a nightmare. Think they may have to add markers for some of the rarer ones especially.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Like 1

hace 1 minuto, Fluttershy93 dijo:

Just go public? Just make sure to stock up on tons of repair goop, god knows people forget about it and suddenly sit there with none at hull breach.

I don't like playing with other people if we are not properly coordinate. I lose interest very fast

• Like 3

hace 2 horas, AEP8FlyBoy dijo:

Hiding my Railjack inside a conveniently sized asteroid while my Archwing and (travel time) Imperator Vandal do the grunt work then going back inside my Railjack to start scraping up resources after 10 minutes of babysitting it is definitely my idea of fun.

I've done that and i have lots of fun. I parked the Railjack and went to hunt crewships, using them to complete the mission, jumping from one crewship to another and got lots of resources. Thanks for the unintended tip xDD 

On 2019-12-13 at 10:25 AM, Thanatos_13 said:

Just finished a couple of missions of Empyrean by myself.

Is it possible? Yes

Is it hard? As hell.

Is it fun? You bet it is.

It's been a long time since I last had this much fun losing a thousand times and improving in my skills. Thank you DE! I really love Empyrean.

What do you guys think?

i can only do it with a duo team... solo is impossible to me.