Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... where is orbiter?

Redwyrm

9 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

I'm starting to wonder why the Orbiter exists at all now...seeing as how the Railjack is superior.

It's like we fly around in a futuristic equivalent to Matryoshka dolls. You have a Railjack, but wait...you now have an Orbiter...but wait, you have Landers! Starting to get a little convoluted here...

u dont live on the railjack

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u dont live on the railjack

There's no reason you couldn't, it has more room than the Orbiter...and they could have easily designed it with a "captain's quarters."

That was my point. It would make sense to abandon the Orbiter and move everything to the Railjack. The Landers are understandable, but now you have this awkward middleman that really isn't needed.

• Like 1

Yeah, I honestly wish DE would have just armed the Orbiter instead of creating a brand new dogfighting ship. The whole point of the Tenno is that we're nomads carrying our homes with us. It's what makes us so hard to track down and kill. Having a ship which is both home, factory AND weapon would be a staple, but instead we have an entirely separate frigate now?

But fine, this is the path we're going, whatever. Can we PLEASE get an Orbiter exterior model anyway? Maybe let us physically Archwing out of our Orbiter and manually travel to the Railjack, or vice versa? That would add a lot of verisimilitude to proceedings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

There's no reason you couldn't, it has more room than the Orbiter...and they could have easily designed it with a "captain's quarters."

That was my point. It would make sense to abandon the Orbiter and move everything to the Railjack. The Landers are understandable, but now you have this awkward middleman that really isn't needed.

the orbiter is larger then the railjack

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

I have to agree with that.  I have 4 different Landers, 30+ warframes, a whole ton of weapons, all archwings, etc.  All those go somewhere.  

Another plot hole is our operator sits in orbiter in his giant magical chair while the Warframe is sent out on the lander.  

If our operator sits on chair while Warframe is sent out on rail jack, how far is the range on that magical chair.  

Is there 4 magical chairs on railjack not shown?  Are we flying our orbiters (with Landers) along with railjack?

6 hours ago, Lers said:

Y'all don't see the bigger picture... it's right there, but stealthed!

It would be a bad stealth ship if you could just spot it out a window!

Obviously sarcasm

Tenno orbiters sit only like a kilometer away from Grineer and Corpus ships all the time; we gotta be cloaked.

Which means our railjack should happily cloak whenever we archwing out of it. I demand this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

It certainly doesn't appear that way, from the interior.

36 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I have to agree with that.  I have 4 different Landers, 30+ warframes, a whole ton of weapons, all archwings, etc.  All those go somewhere.  

All of that, with the exception of the Landers, could fit in the Railjack...easily.

37 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

If our operator sits on chair while Warframe is sent out on rail jack, how far is the range on that magical chair.  

The range of transference seems to be infinite.

Keep in mind that we didn't, originally, sit in that chair...

• Like 1

The Railjack is what, like 250m long (using the waypointing system)? That's the size of a naval battleship (like the Iowa). One big sucker. The Orbiter - at least based on the concept image - seems like it's in the same neighborhood; the usable space inside it is small but the overall size of the ship is quite big. 

35 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

The Railjack is what, like 250m long (using the waypointing system)? That's the size of a naval battleship (like the Iowa). One big sucker. The Orbiter - at least based on the concept image - seems like it's in the same neighborhood; the usable space inside it is small but the overall size of the ship is quite big. 

They need to give us a lot more usable size then............but maybe that's what will happen with the updates to the other rooms.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-13 at 1:19 PM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Ahh So we have Archwings (fighters), Railjacks (Frigates) and our orbiter (cruiser??), they're gonna have to expand our orbiter by a whole lot eventually to convey the size of a cruiser.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

on the concept art says that 2/3 of the  of the orbter are power boosters

2 hours ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

The range of transference seems to be infinite.

Keep in mind that we didn't, originally, sit in that chair...

well uh yeah im gonna have to agree that it MUST be infinite if u keep 2 things in mind. SPOILER?!

1. the first time we see the operator theyre on the moon, which has been in the void this entire time up till now

2. the second time we see the operator use transference like that is when they see the Lotus 'in person' which i have to assume is a place like the moon but not quite, or maybe it was just deeper somewhere? idk for sure

3. the most damning evidence, in Chimera Prologue. We literally reach out to answer the call of Ballus yet he must be lightyears away since hes in the heart of all the Sentients....presumably the Tau system, a place so far away it originally was considered for colonization but needed the void to travel there.

at this point, if DE says Transference has a limit. i'd have to call BullS#&$ XD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)Bailiwick said:

3. the most damning evidence, in Chimera Prologue. We literally reach out to answer the call of Ballus yet he must be lightyears away since hes in the heart of all the Sentients....presumably the Tau system, a place so far away it originally was considered for colonization but needed the void to travel there.

That's the only thing I disagree with.

Ballas is likely on a Sentient ship of some sort. With the Tau system being so far away and the trip taking a toll on the Sentients, it's why the Lotus is barren, it's likely that they're on the fringes of the Origin system preparing. Granted, who knows...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PS4)Bailiwick said:

well uh yeah im gonna have to agree that it MUST be infinite if u keep 2 things in mind. SPOILER?!

1. the first time we see the operator theyre on the moon, which has been in the void this entire time up till now

2. the second time we see the operator use transference like that is when they see the Lotus 'in person' which i have to assume is a place like the moon but not quite, or maybe it was just deeper somewhere? idk for sure

at this point, if DE says Transference has a limit. i'd have to call BullS#&$ XD

i don't Remember if is one of text  simaris or the mirage quest but is stated that transference limited is the the edge of Oort cloud wich is not infinite but extremely far like its the edge of the solar system and centaur 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-13 at 3:18 PM, Lers said:

Y'all don't see the bigger picture... it's right there, but stealthed!

It would be a bad stealth ship if you could just spot it out a window!

Obviously sarcasm

...with non-stealthed railjack tethered to it 😛

So much for a stealth

• Like 1