Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

6 minutes ago, Ady88 said:

Steve said it would be coming in 'hot' and buggy as hell. Can't say he didn't warn us.

That said, why would it be released in such a state that feels halfbaked.. Just bc of game awards pressure and the promise before Xmas release?

They're already known for their [DE]lays , why not just delay it untill after their vacation? Sure it will still have bugs and ppl will get mad of delays but man this is terrible. 

• Like 7

hace 1 minuto, Dr.Pepper23 dijo:

That said, why would it be released in such a state that feels halfbaked.. Just bc of game awards pressure and the promise before Xmas release?

They're already known for their [DE]lays , why not just delay it untill after their vacation? Sure it will still have bugs and ppl will get mad of delays but man this is terrible. 

Things break when you update a game, is almost impossible to make a bugless game. that said, the server we play on has lots of players, much more than their test server and obviously we meet some conditions to things to break, they can't test every possible combination of things to produce bugs. It's normal all their updates are like this, patching all of this bugs without deploying the update would take them months or even years

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

That said, why would it be released in such a state that feels halfbaked..

Honestly... have you not been here for other updates, especially large ones.  Pretty much all the major updates we've had that 'change' the game (ie like open worlds) come with no end of bugs.  PC players are then expected to help find/fix the issues so that DE because of the 'beta' tag....

It doesn't matter how many bugs are inside it....realsing an update with bugs just because the player base is used to this crap doesn't give a good and reasonable excuse for them to release it like that. 

Im general they shouldn't have release it like that. We have been waiting 2 years for this. This means they worked on this at least for 3 years now. Visually nothing changed to the first time they showed us Railjack.... This is embarrassing... And here we are people defending it like it's the best Update on the world... Full of bugs, grindy... And most importantly... With no connection yet... I mean... Where is squad link... Kuva loch implementation.... Crew members. Even though that might come soon or whenever... But it is a shame to have a gigantic presentation during Tenno on with a lot of features but on launch give us... Maybe 20%....i mean seriously 3 planets... Around 10 tilesets each... Even though I haven't looked at all of them.... They probably aren't that visually different to each other....so I am really curious.... What took them that long. 

• Like 4

It doesn't matter how many bugs are inside it....realsing an update with bugs just because the player base is used to this crap doesn't give a good and reasonable excuse for them to release it like that. 

Im general they shouldn't have release it like that. We have been waiting 2 years for this. This means they worked on this at least for 3 years now. Visually nothing changed to the first time they showed us Railjack.... This is embarrassing... And here we are people defending it like it's the best Update on the world... Full of bugs, grindy... And most importantly... With no connection yet... I mean... Where is squad link... Kuva loch implementation.... Crew members. Even though that might come soon or whenever... But it is a shame to have a gigantic presentation during Tenno on with a lot of features but on launch give us... Maybe 20%....i mean seriously 3 planets... Around 10 tilesets each... Even though I haven't looked at all of them.... They probably aren't that visually different to each other....so I am really curious.... What took them that long. 

I would like to know your opinions. Please try to step back cfor a minute and realize what's going on within the update and thfhe time we have been waiting for etc. 

• Like 5

Sorry to say this: failure.

Not only because of mistakes; mistakes will solve them sooner or later. Empyrean will become a game mode that everyone will play the first month due to the novelty and then die in oblivion, like many other things in Warframe.

• It is a boring game mode
  • It has tedious mechanics (constant ship repair doesn't feel right)
  • with infinite grinding (it seems that Lich was not enough
  • a system that feels like an island independent of the main core of the game.
  • strictly cooperative and unfriendly with solo players
  • and could continue ...
Edited by Awazx
  • Like 21

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Myscho:

Sadly, that how works releasing games/updates in these days, hyping players with mega supa dopa presentation and in the end we got half baked crumbs and promises

I think they could have avoided that by not showing us any of rail jack last year during Tennocon. Or this years Tennocon. But as they you mentioned. It's sad but I assume that DE knows about that because they aren't that dumb. So it makes no sense too me why they hyped it liked that and then... Release it within this state of mess

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Awazx:

Not only because of mistakes; mistakes will solve them sooner or later. Empyrean will become a game mode that everyone will play the first month due to the novelty and then die in oblivion, like many other things in Warframe.

• and could continue ...

Exactly... Game essence wise... It's not fitting in with the rest of the game.... 

And somebody please explain to me why I should play this... 

To have a stronger rail jack.... For what? 

Releasing this with the new war would have made so much more sense. Know we are starting basically all over again with power creep and become strong as f***. And then The new war drops (whenever that's gonna happen) and we are rushing through this with now barrier of failure again.... So stupid

• Like 3

13 минут назад, Awazx сказал:

• and could continue ...

oh,so thats are not only mine problems x) 

I dont like that ship is made from glass and u really need to tryhard to repair it constantly; super coop dependant - we lost 3 fight in a row with 3 random pub missions. Cool to join party of one guy,when ship has 200/1100 hp ...

• Like 2

So far, I've had more fun with this update than many previous ones, and I definitely feel like I'll be sticking around for more. So it's a winner for me. It surprises me they actually made a fun space game, it's been a while since I played one of those. Incidentally, that game, Everspace, is what this game mode reminds me of, particularly the feeling of flight. So, great job on this one DE!

P.S. Solo player here.

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Like 6

vor 1 Minute schrieb Melanholic7:

oh,so thats are not only mine problems x) 

I dont like that ship is made from glass and u really need to tryhard to repair it constantly; super coop dependant - we lost 3 fight in a row with 3 random pub missions. Cool to join party of one guy,when ship has 200/1100 hp ...

I guess that's unlucky... But I still believe that there needs to be some kind of challenge... So that's great... Problem is... We or the majority of warframe players aren't used to failure... Meaning this to hard weh... Mommy. I don't want to offend anyone but on a greater scale within their wining about too hard content they don't see the real issue with it. 

Gerade eben schrieb Gabbynaru:

So far, I've had more fun with this update than many previous ones, and I definitely feel like I'll be sticking around for more. So it's a winner for me. It surprises me they actually made a fun space game, it's been a while since I played one of those. Incidentally, that game, Everspace, is what this game mode reminds me of, particularly the feeling of flight. So, great job on this one DE!

Interesting...looking back at the over updates we had this year... It's easy to say that rail jack is the best out of all of them. I do have a question though. Since you are one that enjoys this. Why are you playing it. Like because of fun, rewards, etc. I am really curious

The worst thing about railjack to me is that it's railjack for the sake of railjack. What rewards are there outside of archwing mods and railjack material goods? Two weapon blueprints. That's all that's connecting Railjack to the rest of the game at this point in time. 

Apart from that it's just grind for leveling your "intrinsic's" and gather resources at the same time to mod your own railjack. Just in the hopes it's something worth while in the future to make content easier. Kinda like if you made Paracesis into a game mode I suppose. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 3

I don't get all this uproar tbh. 

If the game mode is not connected to the rest just don't play it if you don't like it incomplete. 

With it implemented people can play it and report bug and give them feedback while they release the rest of empyrean.

And if you really don't like it you can leave it alone and it won't change your game play.

• Like 4

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Fire2box:

The worst thing about railjack to me is that it's railjack for the sake of railjack. What rewards are there outside of archwing mods and railjack material goods? Two weapon blueprints. That's all that's connecting Railjack to the rest of the game at this point in time. 

This is exactly what I mean. Connection whatsoever