Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Mikaer88:

They didn't install a fire supression system, now they don't even have radar? What kind of space ships are these?

Probably thought in a Meeting oh Star Citizen got a lot of Money. Copy that. Like Shadow of Mordor and Liches. Unfortunate they dont seem to be capable to get it right. Sadly

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I only played 2 missions (one solo and one in a group). Failed both

You failed with a team?
How did you manage that?

Let me guess, people ignored the fires, right? That's definitely priority one for me, when they release the Command intrinsic. I need me some NPCs to deal with that.

8 hours ago, failedtodiet said:

Space combat without a 3d radar/minimap in 2019. Looks like a failure to me.

As someone who LOVED X-wing Vs TIE Fighter as a kid, this problem is absolutely appalling to me. The radar there was two circles. One for the front 180. One for the back 180. It worked once you got used to it.

11 hours ago, Kasterix said:

The first few nodes should be easily soloable as an introduction to how it works and to get a feel for it, especially since there's absolutely nothing telling you how anything works

I can absolutely get behind this. I went in with just me and the wife to get a feel for the basic mechanics, even if it seemed like we were unlikely to complete it. We had absolutely NO clue what the catastrophic failure was until we fiddled more with the breaches.

I'm all for not having my hand held, but I would at least like a basic tutorial on how S#&$ works and what is expected to complete the mission.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

58 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

They didn't install a fire supression system, now they don't even have radar? What kind of space ships are these?

The kind that requires an abominable Lovecraftian shadow monster that lives in the space between spaces to push it through space with its finger. My head canon? The Orokin had to design Railjacks with as few automated systems as possible. Sentients turn technology against the Orokin with ease. The only things they can rely on are half-butchered digitized ghosts, infested Dax crewmen slaved to their will, and the whims of a Void entity that can not be understood.

Edited by Mints
  • Like 1

Warframe Empyrean is amazing its truly a game changer for warframe... I know there bugs at the moment and with our help those bugs will be fixed... Although I do have a concern that I would love DE to look into (Just consider it for a sec) the hyperspace jump is not quite there the movement in hyperspeed is fine... But the initial jump effect is really poor and same goes for the landing (reaching your destination)... I don't know if anyone else talked about this I didn't go through all the comments... But it's a big concern for me and I believe there's a much much better way to pull it off... Please DE I'm sure it'll take you guys just a min to fix... You're all amazing... 

Thanks... 

21 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

And that's supposed to be encouraging?

I'm sorry, but "not terrible" is not good enough.

Okay, let me rephrase, because you're going to be pedantic and are clearly full of salt.

I had fun playing with other people. Did I often have no idea what my team was doing? Were there times I was randomly left alone on my ship, and had to step off piloting to take care of a boarding party and fires? Sure. But there was no toxic ragefest going on like you would expect in an MMO. People were playing the mission, we handled everything that needed handling, and we came away with a bunch of loot. At the worst there were times I was mildly annoyed, but I honestly chalk that up to the fact that this game mode is still new and people don't really have any idea what is expected in terms of teamwork yet.

It's not garbage. Man up and dive in instead of being afraid of others.

It's not "unplayable" it just... takes a lot of effort that we really shouldn't have to put in. Command intrinsic should fix that later, but for now, let's just... have other people.

I do fissures, eidolons, and orbs in groups, too, so it's not like doing railjack in groups is THAT horrible of a thing.

21 hours ago, Raqiya said:

but I've seen other Online games have less buggy and delayed releases than Warframe.

...not many. I've survived WoW expansion launch days. It's never pretty.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

I finally tried it.First mission, bugged at the extract, waited 15 min.Everyone aborted(fter 5 min me too), no resources/parts.Wasted time for nothing.

The ship is horrible, slow, archwing is way more powerful(at least at that level). The only thing I enjoyed in the whole experience was boarding one of the galeons.Everything else is a fail for now imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

bugged at the extract

Bugged how? Did someone fall off the map? That's been my only problem with not extracting so far.

9 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The ship is horrible, slow, archwing is way more powerful(at least at that level).

I disagree. Dealing with fighters using the turrets is so much easier and faster than with Archwing. Especially as you get bigger guns and better Gunnery skill. I know you said "at that level" but I have a maxed and modded out Archwing loadout, and my RJ handled fighters faster from the first mission.

Anything bigger than fighters, you'll need the big guns or to board it yourself, though.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

23 minutes ago, Lord_Babadook said:

teamwork they say in a single player game 🤣

It's...a co-op game. You realize when you set it to Public you can get 4 random people playing the same mission, yeah? You realize you can invite friends to play missions with you, yeah?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

vor 15 Stunden schrieb VitalAmprex:

Will it hold the playerbase over for more than a few weeks? Probably not. 

This and it will not gain new players because it is late game entertainment for bored veterans.

Edited by k05h
  • Like 1

I'd say it is a success. I'm enjoying it alot so for me it is a success no doubt. Are there bugs? Sure. Are they crippling? Nope, not besides one that I found (got an enemy ship stuck in its "hangar" and couldnt get it or my frame/archwing out since it was behind an invisible wall, which resulted in exiting it with archwing made the archwing end up behind the invisible wall too..

Outside of that bug I've only ran into two other ones that were more annoying than crippling. Phantom Eye bugging out the rendering of the ship walls in specific places after exiting the turret. Only annoying and the game place perfectly fine anyways. Second bug has been when joining a match in progress and not being able to put out current hazzards effecting the ship. Besides those I've had no bugs or issues. I've heard people getting stuck when entering enemy vessels, I've not ran into that yet, and if I do I have tactician rank 4 to solve it.

Also, people that have issues with extracting. Tell your damn captain to get his S#&$ together and fly you to the dojo (or the next mission).

23 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I doubt a few patches can fix this. Given DE's records on fixing fundamentally broken modes, which is they barely patch them and leave them broken for months or years, I don't have reasons to believe everything will be fine in a month we don't have, given we are close to the holidays.

That's what the eye roll emoji was for.. sarcasm.  🙂  Honestly it is difficult to get people to join now. Plus you cant put the mission on hold till players join you just get sent out there and hope for the best. lol

• Like 1

I would say it is hard to say as it is right now.

Almost every major update so far was filled with a ridiculous amounts of bugs. Doing the golden maw in a near pitch-black room still haunts me and it is likely one of the worst bugs I have to endure (I did that part of the quest literally by dying hundreds of times to the point I mapped out the map in my head).

Also, how does one define whether it is successful or not? Let me ask you the same question. Was Update 19 successful? The update that includes the wonderful quest (war within) as well as what later turns out to be one of the worse implementation of a nice concept (rivens). (note that I am excluding SoTr from U19, because I am reasonably sure that most people will agree that it is by far one of the worse updates) Personally I would use financial report numbers, and come to the conclusion that it is  successful despite its flaws. Similarly, while I won't deny that there are multiple issues with railjack right now, but to conclude whether it is a successful or a failure of an update, we will have to wait till things finally settle down. Numbers don't lie and it will likely another month or so until we can see the 2019 financial reports of Leyou that ends 31 Dec this year, or maybe even the june one in 2020 which includes the months following the update. This in my opinion would be the best indicator of success or failure. 

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

So I finally did a couple of mission, first with some guys in my Alliance, then I invited a friend that didn't even built his RJ yet and we figured it out together.

Overall it was very fun. I rushed the Archwing Catapult mechanics and we had a good laugh when I yeeted myself right into one of the crew ship and deleted its reactor with one Exergis shot. 

The ship is squishy, but as I improved it it started to take way less damage. I changed one turret for a dojo research one (the huge glacial burst turret) and it helped a lot clearing fighters easily. I think in the last Earth mission we did there was one critical failure in the RJ for the whole mission.

Well, of course it lacks content right now. We need more mission, more things to do. The secondary objectives are very well though out however. I loved having to pilot the Archwing while another player was hacking console inside the enemy asteroid.

I say my biggest gripes for now are :

- RJ is still a bit too squishy, though it's very easy to avoid mission failure, so I guess it even out.

- Lack of mission diversity

- Lack of enemy diversity

- The Archwing is pretty much useless in combat. The damage is pitiful, the lack of hitscan hurts and the squishiness is horrible. I was using Odonata Prime and Grattler and I was doing literally nothing to level 15 enemy fighters. Overall Archwing only exist to rush boarding parties and to farm ressources after the mission.

Maybe I should try to build Amesha and a better archwing gun to see if it works better tho.

Overall I call that update a win, but they need to add content, improves on it and diversify it. For now it's a great beta test, and the feeling of improvement when you upgrade the ship is real.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Empyrean should not be described as failure or success due to coding errors or lack of content. Over time, there will be less bugs and newer content. But solving that does not make it an automatic success.

Empyrean must be judged based on its ability to integrate into the central game (this is Warframe, not a space simulator), and its ability to replayability in time. And I think Railjack fails loudly in both areas.

Edited by Awazx

This entire thread shows how everyone is far too comfortable with the power creep.

So you get a new game mode and have to start effectively from MR0 again.

WAAAAA i can't blat ships out the sky like my catchmoon can.

meeeeeh   i can't fly fast enough....

meeeh my guns don't do enough damage.

HAHAHAHAHAHA