Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

On 2019-12-13 at 3:12 PM, Kasterix said:

Not once have I ever felt like this game was completely and utterly disrespecting the time I put into it... Until now.

No other mission type in Warframe punishes you like Railjack does for the complete and utter failures of other players you have no control over. Even with spy missions this can be avoided by soloing them.

Having a mission fail after 20+ minutes and getting absolutely nothing because some people cracked it and left squad instead of just fixing the ship... Yeah, that's stellar design.

The first few nodes should be easily soloable as an introduction to how it works and to get a feel for it, especially since there's absolutely nothing telling you how anything works. But they're FAR from easily soloable since the Railjack is apparently made of paper, and definitely not from all the materials I put into fixing the thing or it might actually be able to tank some fire.

And the "Find better squad mates..." responses that I know are coming. No. No matter what way you slice it, losing time and effort you put in because other people lost their S#&$ and quit out is absurd, especially since they can do it at a point where it's impossible for anyone left to repair the ship by themselves before it fails. Basically every other mission type I can pick up the slack and still finish by myself if necessary, but this can basically be actively sabotaged by other players who then just leave.

They may as well start letting people destroy defense objectives, etc, in missions and then just leaving squad.

A lot of players feel punished by team content at the moment.  It is new with solo version around the corner?  As far as frustration.... if we play 58 times a month it will take a year for one piece of equipment on the current mission failure and repair cost vs what we actually keep.  Lets hope this gets adjusted. I would like to encourage more players to keep trying so DE can see where the adjustments are needed.  In other words lets not go in it to win.  Just fly around and blow up.  Call the mission "the new sacrifice"

• 3 weeks later...

It's a winner for me, except for 2 things that are a real problem, the number of intrinsics you get should be a bit more, and the situation with the random stats of the vidar mk3 reactor that severely affects the players progression through the farm and reward cycle, that in this situation there is the farm but for most no actual reward.

A lot of people didn't do anything with archwing until they became more useful in the rest of the game.  Not required, just useful. 

Railjack will be the same way unless DE follow through on the whole connection thing. Some of us enjoy railjack gameplay, and find value in building up our railjacks whether or not they're useful in the rest of the game, however for most people it's an out of the way thing. For those people it will need a connection to core gameplay to pull it up.