Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)COA Altair:

So you've ranked up your intrinsics all the way already and know what it's like after you have min maxed in railjack?  Good to know.  

No.... I haven't even played it yet. As mentioned earlier. My thoughts are only based on what I've seen and what I know so far about it. However the essence of this is independent of what that. The feeling I get by all these information won't really differ to the actual experience. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lord_Babadook:

if they didn't make this whole game Solo for year's then this wouldn't be a problem but people are so use to doing everything Solo . Now we have coop content and no one want's to say anything in Chat and make's it 100x harder , if they can fix that then it wouldn't be that bad after the bug fixes but right now it's not even worth it . 

Exactly. Good point here. In other multi-player competitive games they are used to talk to each other so that everybody reaches the goal. That never happened and was never needed in warframe until now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, XkillsQQNinja said:

I have played like 5 missions and already I can't bring myself to play more. Simply boring garbage. Can't believe the devs wasted time on this S#&$.

I DONT want to float around in space like a spaceturd. I want to play my WARFRAME. F this content!

Then what exactly you want to do? Get another 5 maps you can jump thru killing everything that moves like you do every day? Railjack is an OPTIONAL game mode for those who'd like a change of pace. You dont like it-dont play it.

Some of us are dead tired of running same corridors filled with same enemies shooting them over and over again.  I actually skip any endless mode now because i have hard time staying awake waiting for next turn/wave/demolyst to come. Railjack is a change of pace some players need.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LOD07 said:

Alright. Good to hear. Do you feel like this system gives you this vibe of connection like it was promised to us? 

IMHO It does give more of a connection with your team mates over the regular type of quests we are used to.  Everyone seems to have to work together. Especially in the harder missions. I encountered a few players who said they were panicking a lot do to all the stuff going on. I think a lot of Warframe players are very used to being able to hold the fort alone without much stress or worry. This you are forced to rely on your team mates so a bit of communication is required. In that sense it does feel more team oriented. 

Groups I joined were all pretty nice though. Everyone seemed happy to be learning it and work together. I even met a few friends along the way. So yeah it can build connections in that sense. Now in a week or two when everyone is meta'd out and acting all high and mighty that may not be  the case. I could def see this mode getting toxic when things do not go as planned. But I guess the same can be said about other mission types to.

As far as this making me feel "Connected" more to part of the Warframe universe, A bit but not much. Nothing is explained. There is no story to it. I have no idea about the Lore. What  the giant finger is or where these ships are coming from. Or what they are doing in space. Or why we are there to begin with. In that sense I am just lost. Kinda has a Star trek vibe to it. Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Railjack and we are gonna go where no Warframe has gone before. lol

Edited by bananacat89
spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, LOD07 said:

No.... I haven't even played it yet. As mentioned earlier. My thoughts are only based on what I've seen and what I know so far about it. However the essence of this is independent of what that. The feeling I get by all these information won't really differ to the actual experience. 

So we have someone who complains about something they have read about but not actually done.  That's like saying I really hate swimming from what I've read about swimming, but I have never actually swam before.  

They haven't made this game solo for years, people have simply played it solo because they don't wish to interact with others.  This is a co-op game, always has been as long as you have been able to have more then one person in a squad.  If you are playing solo it's either because it's forced in some cinematic quest or you choose to.  Everything is more powerful in groups, why do radshares exist.  Grinding a prime set if you play solo exclusively is a nightmare in comparison to radshares looking like heaven in comparison is one example, another is stacking aura mods for more benefits now more then ever as well as frame synergies like rhino roar + any damaging warframe abilities.  

25 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Fixed Shared Murmur Progress amongst Players anyone? Cause how dare we could have fun with the Liches and incentives to play it...

Sorry what is that? 

I came back few days ago and started playing lich yesterday,  you mean that when you kill the lich units player get different amount of murmur? 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Trickster_God_Loki:

Then what exactly you want to do? Get another 5 maps you can jump thru killing everything that moves like you do every day? Railjack is an OPTIONAL game mode for those who'd like a change of pace. You dont like it-dont play it.

Some of us are dead tired of running same corridors filled with same enemies shooting them over and over again.  I actually skip any endless mode now because i have hard time staying awake waiting for next turn/wave/demolyst to come. Railjack is a change of pace some players need.

1. As an optional game mode for change of pace it doesn't feel right in terms of ame essence. But fair enough 

2. If you are dead tired as well as we are of the repetitive game modes we already have then railjack itself ain't the problem but as we are discussing it here let's not talk about the other stuff that's messed up within warframe

2 hours ago, Awazx said:

a system that feels like an island independent of the main core of the game.

I feel like this is the main flaw of the game. Everyone likes the core game play of warframe. Then the updates start branching out into different, separate pockets, 'instanced dungeons' . If they integrate the modes into the central game loop, that would be great. 

• Like 3

It's too soon to call.

Mode has been out for hours.

Is it perfect? No. Not at all.

Is it a failure? No not at all.

While yes releasing buggy content isn't acceptable. It isn't as buggy as everyone makes it seem.

DE In-house testing will NEVER equal live player numbers, RIGs, & setups. So bugs were inevitable.

Even AAA studios get caught by yheir playerbases with their pants down.

That said. There was feedback that DE should have heeded but give it a few days to a few weeks and I'm sure it'll be refined into a significantly better mode with the fun & frantic warframe pacing we are use to.

Give the mode a few weeks to sink in. To be fair some of the reactions (my own included) might be too overdramatic.

Lastly, the mode had TOO much hype. It was NEVER EVER going to meet the hype.

FF7:R will suffer the same fate. Players have hyped it to the point where it can't possibly meet the hype.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Typos that kept me up at night.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb bananacat89:

IMHO It does give more of a connection with your team mates over the regular type of quests we are used to.  Everyone seems to have to work together. Especially in the harder missions. I encountered a few players who said they were panicking a lot do to all the stuff going on. I think a lot of Warframe players are very used to being able to hold the fort alone without much stress or worry. This you are forced to rely on your team mates so a bit of communication is required. In that sense it does feel more team oriented. 

Groups I joined were all pretty nice though. Everyone seemed happy to be learning it and work together. I even met a few friends along the way. So yeah it can build connections in that sense. Now in a week or two when everyone is meta'd out and acting all high and mighty that may not be  the case. I could def see this mode getting toxic when things do not go as planned. But I guess the same can be said about other mission types to.

True. Glad to see that. Even though I meant connection in terms of the rest of the game. But that's good. Even though I am scared of the toxicity in the future as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Nobody ever did that.

Everyone would have preferred a working Empyrean 2 weeks later rather than an unfathomable mess 2 weeks earlier.

Either we got a buggy Empyrean 2 weeks earlier, or a buggy Empyrean 2 weeks later. Either way it would've been buggy.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)COA Altair:

So we have someone who complains about something they have read about but not actually done.  That's like saying I really hate swimming from what I've read about swimming, but I have never actually swam before.  

They haven't made this game solo for years, people have simply played it solo because they don't wish to interact with others.  This is a co-op game, always has been as long as you have been able to have more then one person in a squad.  If you are playing solo it's either because it's forced in some cinematic quest or you choose to.  Everything is more powerful in groups, why do radshares exist.  Grinding a prime set if you play solo exclusively is a nightmare in comparison to radshares looking like heaven in comparison is one example, another is stacking aura mods for more benefits now more then ever as well as frame synergies like rhino roar + any damaging warframe abilities.  

I don't get your point in the second part. For the first part. Like I just said. I am complaining based on what I've heard and saw. Game essence wise this is indepented whether you have played it or not. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Zebiko:

I feel like this is the main flaw of the game. Everyone likes the core game play of warframe. Then the updates start branching out into different, separate pockets, 'instanced dungeons' . If they integrate the modes into the central game loop, that would be great. 

Indeed it would be

1 hour ago, LOD07 said:

Exactly... Game essence wise... It's not fitting in with the rest of the game.... 

And somebody please explain to me why I should play this... 

To have a stronger rail jack.... For what? 

Releasing this with the new war would have made so much more sense. Know we are starting basically all over again with power creep and become strong as f***. And then The new war drops (whenever that's gonna happen) and we are rushing through this with now barrier of failure again.... So stupid

You basically explained regular game here...

2 hours ago, LOD07 said:

It doesn't matter how many bugs are inside it....realsing an update with bugs just because the player base is used to this crap doesn't give a good and reasonable excuse for them to release it like that.

Without the hot fix, it would be in my book a failure, before it was lagging a lot, enemies were jumping around, things in space was almost unhittable, you could not fix the Railjack at all before it blow up.

with the hot fix, a lot of the issues were fixed, the only thing that was not clear till someone in mission told me about it was the saving your progress, it is a winner in my book so far, it is really enjoyable because it is a real break from how warframe plays right now.

Alright, lets see if I can explain how this works...

Warframe is more a "game as a service" product than it is a final released product.

Its a living breathing game, that constantly changes and evolves as it slowly chugs onwards into the future.

They do as much testing and building as they can internally, then they release the content when they feel its 90% ready, this also means that for a bit, you'll get bugs, S#&$ goes wrong etc.

But DE will patch it, and patch it a lot... we're talking hourly, every 10 mins, every day etc until its where it should be. Most other games will drop a patch next week. DE doesnt they find the bugs, and squash em as soon as they can.

So let them get some sleep, and you'll see a ton of bugfixes tomorrow that'll address all the issues that has come up as we've been smashing the game into pieces for them.

Overall I've had 1 major crash and a few minor bugs, but its been fun, like it always is....

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

I disagree de shouldve seen this coming considering this update just looks like it was not ready but they still released it considering the community's last response to the old blood update.

Yes. That's what I am thinking as well