Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Firedtm:

Without the hot fix, it would be in my book a failure, before it was lagging a lot, enemies were jumping around, things in space was almost unhittable, you could not fix the Railjack at all before it blow up.

with the hot fix, a lot of the issues were fixed, the only thing that was not clear till someone in mission told me about it was the saving your progress, it is a winner in my book so far, it is really enjoyable because it is a real break from how warframe plays right now.

Cool. And do you see a connection within this system to the rest of the game? 

hace 1 hora, Bregastor dijo:

Is not that I get offended, I hate when people try to "invalidate" others opinion calling them whiteknights. 

I did not suggest to not play warframe, I just said that if you don't like the new mode because is bugged and unfinished just give it time for them to get feedback and improve/release more. 

I did not suggest you to leave the game, I just said that you can avoid that mode until is fixed a bit if is unbearable atm to you. 

Someone said that "if you don't like don't play it" is invalid because it would make them quit warframe cause there is nothing left they like, but i mean that is what I did with WoW. If you don't like the game anymore just quit it, the game can't change completely to appeal you.

And yes that is the attitude I use if I don't like a game mode, I leave it because it is not for me. If I like the game mode, I will play it to report things and have it fixed asap and enjoy it even more when it gets fixed. 

Yes !! just that !!.. so guys stop cry and act like child and work together to get important fixes. And dont come  to say DE dont listen reports..

28 minutes ago, LOD07 said:

But why give us a foundation to play with when giving us the entire thing would feel so much better. Now its this typical soon it will be great... Just stick around... It will be fixed soon... 

Warframe relies on constant updates to keep it alive. Releasing the full package will delay Empyrean to at least march 2020. Look at 5 week content drought that happened between Saint of Altra and The Old Blood, Warframe dropped to 8000 online players. Not to mention that Holiday season is a good opportunity to drop an update to maximize profits.

I've gotta say... there's a lot of angry complaining people here. Not that I expected different on the forums. Community forums are just a salt magnet, regardless of what game you're playing.

I have plenty to complain about in Warframe, but I'm shocked at the instant "Thanks, I hate it" reaction to Railjack, almost as if all of you had these posts drafted up in a Word document and ready to go. It's been live for... not even 12 hours? Yeesh.

My only complaint with the game mode right now is that it feels like, when starting out in the first mission, I'm unprepared. Unprepared... for the first mission. I don't have the skills required for the archwing launcher or the BFG. I don't have the resources to craft the payload for repairing breaches, making mission failure very difficult to avoid. Should get easier the more I play the game mode, but... It's rough to start out.

I do keep running into annoying bugs. When I first left the ship with Archwing, I literally couldn't SEE my ship. I had to use radar to guess where it was and find my way back in. Doesn't seem to be happening now... maybe it was just a graphics card glitch.

I'm not going to complain about bugs. I expect them. I've played WoW. I know launch day woes. They'll be ironed out. It's peevish to complain about them at this point.

2 hours ago, Awazx said:
  • It is a boring game mode
  • It has tedious mechanics (constant ship repair doesn't feel right)
  • with infinite grinding (it seems that Lich was not enough
  • a system that feels like an island independent of the main core of the game.
  • strictly cooperative and unfriendly with solo players
  • and could continue ...

The issues you describe, honestly, apply to all of Warframe. (With the exception of "unfriendly to solo players" - but note that's something they will be dealing with in a future update with the Command intrinsic)

1 hour ago, LOD07 said:

The point here is not to leave warframe. We all love it. It's just why playing it when there is no reason to play it. Like I asked Gabbynaru...why are you liking it. Where is your calle  new change of pace... This might be true. But where is any kind of connection to the rest of the game. I don't want to play two different games within one game

He didn't say to leave warframe, he said not to play this game mode. If you hate this game mode too much and simply refuse to adjust to its unique challenges, then don't play it.

2 hours ago, LOD07 said:

And somebody please explain to me why I should play this... 

To have a stronger rail jack.... For what? 

To be fair, Operator faces the same problem. Railjack at least has a planned future that we know about. It's going to feature prominently in the New War against the Sentients, and we know that they have plans to expand on it.

Even in-game, Cy explicitly tells us that we're building up our strength for the coming war. That's the point of the current grindy Railjack content. To make the ship stronger, to prepare for the actual hard challenges ahead of us.

And more importantly, if you enjoy playing with a ship, here. Play with your ship. If you don't want to play with a ship, this isn't a game mode for you. Go back to 3 hour endurance runs.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

6 minutes ago, LOD07 said:

So thats my problem with it

I mean that normal gameplay on normal tiles. Why do we play? Why do we grind? Why did you started to play Warframe, to start from zero and infinitely gain strength and new guns to try? Why did you payed for cosmetics? Why did you involved in trading?

For fun. You don't have fun, you quit, that's it.

Win for me. Bloody giant ass ship that anyone in your squad can pilot with pew-pew lasers and Warframe with a semblance of co-op content? I didn't think I'd see the day come since the raids left.

There are a lot of things they can improve on but this is a surprisingly solid start. I thought at most the update would be to be able to fly the Railjack, I wasn't expecting all of the upgrade and customization systems in so early. My biggest grip is the space model of the railjack being disproportionately small in comparison to your Warframe. It would also be nice if they can make the railjack interior reflect the exterior or at least enough I can suspend my disbelief.

But guys, lets not be hyperbolic and assume Railjack is a success or failure because of a vocal minority on either side. DE has the numbers and we'll be able to tell by what DE prioritizes in the coming year. If it turns out like archwing, we could write it off as a failure. However if they continue to implement it into every facet of the starchart, we can assume that it... passed rigor.

I tooled around with Railjack for a few hours before i lost interest. First of all, the Railjack itself serves no purpose besides dropping off AW players. It has less health and deals less damage than any leveled AW, but if it's destroyed the mission is a failure. So the best thing to do is to keep it far away from any combat. Second, progression is abysmal. Repairing the Mk1 equipment requires an absurd amount of resources, which means you're doing the same stale missions over and over. And for what? So the Railjack will one day be on par with the AWs? I guess they have something planned for Railjack that will make it relevant, but this honestly feels like a repeat of the launch of Archwing. It was supposed to change the way the game is played, but it ultimately just wound up as a game mode that people ignored.

• Like 6

vor 7 Minuten schrieb DrakeWurrum:

I've gotta say... there's a lot of angry complaining people here. Not that I expected different on the forums. Community forums are just a salt magnet, regardless of what game you're playing.

I have plenty to complain about in Warframe, but I'm shocked at the instant "Thanks, I hate it" reaction to Railjack, almost as if all of you had these posts drafted up in a Word document and ready to go. It's been live for... not even 12 hours? Yeesh.

My only complaint with the game mode right now is that it feels like, when starting out in the first mission, I'm unprepared. Unprepared... for the first mission. I don't have the skills required for the archwing launcher or the BFG. I don't have the resources to craft the payload for repairing breaches, making mission failure very difficult to avoid. Should get easier the more I play the game mode, but... It's rough to start out.

I do keep running into annoying bugs. When I first left the ship with Archwing, I literally couldn't SEE my ship. I had to use radar to guess where it was and find my way back in. Doesn't seem to be happening now... maybe it was just a graphics card glitch.

I'm not going to complain about bugs. I expect them. I've played WoW. I know launch day woes. They'll be ironed out. It's peevish to complain about them at this point.

The issues you describe, honestly, apply to all of Warframe. (With the exception of "unfriendly to solo players" - but note that's something they will be dealing with in a future update with the Command intrinsic)

He didn't say to leave warframe, he said not to play this game mode. If you hate this game mode too much and simply refuse to adjust to its unique challenges, then don't play it.

To be fair, Operator faces the same problem. Railjack at least has a planned future that we know about. It's going to feature prominently in the New War against the Sentients, and we know that they have plans to expand on it.

Even in-game, Cy explicitly tells us that we're building up our strength for the coming war. That's the point of the current grindy Railjack content. To make the ship stronger, to prepare for the actual hard challenges ahead of us.

And more importantly, if you enjoy playing with a ship, here. Play with your ship. If you don't want to play with a ship, this isn't a game mode for you. Go back to 3 hour endurance runs.

Really good point. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Furebel:

I mean that normal gameplay on normal tiles. Why do we play? Why do we grind? Why did you started to play Warframe, to start from zero and infinitely gain strength and new guns to try? Why did you payed for cosmetics? Why did you involved in trading?

For fun. You don't have fun, you quit, that's it.

That's the funny part of it. Back then I loved for warframe for what it was. New refreshing from what was out there in the gaming market. And it was so much fun. It just didn't keep up with the time to create sustainable content for everyone

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Goodwill:

Win for me. Bloody giant ass ship that anyone in your squad can pilot with pew-pew lasers and Warframe with a semblance of co-op content? I didn't think I'd see the day come since the raids left.

There are a lot of things they can improve on but this is a surprisingly solid start. I thought at most the update would be to be able to fly the Railjack, I wasn't expecting all of the upgrade and customization systems in so early. My biggest grip is the space model of the railjack being disproportionately small in comparison to your Warframe. It would also be nice if they can make the railjack interior reflect the exterior or at least enough I can suspend my disbelief.

But guys, lets not be hyperbolic and assume Railjack is a success or failure because of a vocal minority on either side. DE has the numbers and we'll be able to tell by what DE prioritizes in the coming year. If it turns out like archwing, we could write it off as a failure. However if they continue to implement it into every facet of the starchart, we can assume that it... passed rigor.

True

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LOD07 said:

That's the funny part of it. Back then I loved for warframe for what it was. New refreshing from what was out there in the gaming market. And it was so much fun. It just didn't keep up with the time to create sustainable content for everyone

In looters shooters like it that is ALWAYS the problem. They force long grind to keep you, show you how much stuff there is to discover, but when you discover them all, and you loose that encouragement to discover more, you start to feel like you have no more reasons to play.

It's never ending story that is still being written. If you feel like it, go play something else instead of bashing on forums, I don't want to sound offensive, I'm serious here. A break may be good.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Furebel:

In looters shooters like it that is ALWAYS the problem. They force long grind to keep you, show you how much stuff there is to discover, but when you discover them all, and you loose that encouragement to discover more, you start to feel like you have no more reasons to play.

It's never ending story that is still being written. If you feel like it, go play something else instead of bashing on forums, I don't want to sound offensive, I'm serious here. A break may be good.

I'm taking a break now for almost a year in terms of actively playing the game I don't want to bash I here I really wanted to hear about people different opinions on this topic. I am coming back on each update to see whether it's catching me again or not. Like I said I haven't tested it out by myself yet. And so far... I will give it a try and probably go on depth about it because I love the idea behind it. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Aadi880:

Probably those who does NOT put "feedback" in "General Discussions" 

jk, although its still true.

It is. But this here is more of a discussion than feedback. I was just curious to what he was complaining about

29 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

You could have said "A buggy update in an online game?!" and the sarcasm would fit better.

True, but I've seen other Online games have less buggy and delayed releases than Warframe. 90% of their updates are either delayed or released in a horrendous state and a lot of the time both.

I've just logged in and noticed we have to farm a S#&$load of pustrels, carbides etc. all over again. Not again. I am outta here. I despise mining with all my heart and I hate this type of content getting shoved down our throats. 

Edited by Anthraxicus

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I've just logged in and noticed we have to farm a S#&$load of pustrels, carbides etc. all over again. Not again. I am outta here. I despise mining with all my heart and I hate this type of content getting shoved down our throats. 

You get those from actually playing the Railjack. You get metric TONS of the stuff once you get a crew going. Way more than we ever got while building the ship.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

You get those from actually playing the Railjack. You get metric TONS of the stuff once you get a crew going. Way more than we ever got while building the ship.

Oh, well. That is better than. But it wasn't nice to see those awful resources that were introduced in the previous update. I wonder why DE doesn't give us an option to remove clutter from the screen provided by all the older resources that are never used for anything anymore.

39 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Not gonna lie, you should of expected this.

Come on now, y'all don't have to point it out, Let them feel what they wish, as much as they want.

Personally, I ain't trying to white knight it. I ain't no avocado. The game mode is fun for me, but it's also new. I expect to run into issues worth complaining about. I expect to run out of content before long, and hopefully more updates are coming. I want to fight my lich's armada, dammit.

But complaining about grind? I think it's too early for that, and ALSO too late, because...

Grind is Warframe. Warframe is grind.

The question is how tedious is the grind, and is it going to be fun to play through, or feel like a chore? That's what I'll have to figure out later, as I've only done 2 skirmish missions with a single crew, and I have to get to bed for work tonight. The lich grind is RIDICULOUS and needs adjusting. Railjack grind, so far, actually seems lightweight

Random side note: If yall go into the key bindings specifically for Railjack, you can set buttons for "bank left" and "bank right" - this lets you barrel roll.

Edited by DrakeWurrum