Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Unplayable solo? Fail. No ifs or buts about it.

They have explicitly said it's coming in a future update. I think messing with NPCs and getting their AI just right is something that they will have trouble with. Just look at Specter and Companion AI.

That being said, I just ran with a crew, and it wasn't terrible. It'll be more interesting when the crew leader can access the tactical menu and actually give orders.

I tried it with just me and the wife. It wasn't doable. But I'm not sure what exactly went wrong. Seemed like we just didn't get the resources needed to keep revolite flowing.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Anthraxicus:

I've just logged in and noticed we have to farm a S#&$load of pustrels, carbides etc. all over again. Not again. I am outta here. I despise mining with all my heart and I hate this type of content getting shoved down our throats. 

To be fair you get them those mats by playing railjack a lot. You don't need to mine them.

But what i don't like is how many people are going to defend the current railjack with future content/updates. When we have learned one thing about DE, it's that they can't extend/rework an existing mechanic properly. All that counts is how good it is right now and it is not worth the hype it got over the years. It's not as bad as old blood though but DE will have a hard time when they continue that quality.

Edited by tyreens
  • Like 1

Too early to say, honestly. In my experience overnight, once you get over the hurdle of the first couple runs, get some avionics worked on and some intrinsic skills under your belt, it becomes a lot easier to handle and a lot more fun. So far, I'd say its a winner (typical Warframe wonky host/server issues aside).

Everyone has to remember, this is just a beginning. Railjack is going to integrate further into the game as the updates come. Give it some time before you pull out your pitchforks.

• Like 1

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

They have explicitly said it's coming in a future update. I think messing with NPCs and getting their AI just right is something that they will have trouble with. Just look at Specter and Companion AI.

That being said, I just ran with a crew, and it wasn't terrible. It'll be more interesting when the crew leader can access the tactical menu and actually give orders.

And that's supposed to be encouraging?

I'm sorry, but "not terrible" is not good enough. This year of WF development is a complete and unmitigated failure. Liches, railjack, both complete garbage, and for reasons that would be incredibly simple to address. Makes me sad, really.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Aazhyd:

I have no problem with feedback. I have a problem with writing it off within a day after release.

Well when how are they supposed to change or address any of the issues if we as a community discuss about it? 

• Like 2

Definitely a win.. gameplay wise. Bugs are pretty nasty right now but I am sure will be ironed out over the coming days. 

Also this is literally the first release phase, tons coming over the next months and TNW as well. I am happy.

Edited by --Q--Dioxety

I think empyran will be a winner, but not quite yet.

A tutorial, resources not being expended for repairs, great big labels on each station saying what they do, wall markings directing people to each station (see a theme here?)

Unlock all of those things that currently require a skill level to use like the ordnance and the archwing cannon, give the ship a massive vacuum and there might be a really fun game mode in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xslamfox said:

untested unbelievably buggy railjack. bugs on every level from system to communication to game to matchmaking to world to death to extraction. nothing works.

bugs are there, they always are. but empyrean is 100% a winner.

So far I'm a big fan of railjack. Some notable points for me are:

1. Shared loot. Thank god.

2. Feels way more like a space sim. Having a target lead indicator for example was great, good that they put it low in the gunnery skill tree.

3. All weapons appear to be non-hitscan. Pretty much a necessity in any space sim game or you can dummy enemies.

4. They reworked all archguns for railjack. If they hadnt my satiata imperator vandal would've been nuts.

5. New elements. All of them appear to be useful, further testing required.

6. So far, seems high difficulty + challenging. That's right, challenging is good.

Basically this is what archwing should've been and it's a great outting for "Archwing 2.0". Having ships, boarding ships, it feels great. So far, from me, this gets a big thumbs up. But i havent really experienced the resource grind just yet, so i reserve some judgement for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikaer88 said:

-snip-

Steam charts mean nothing, no everyone plays WF on steam, besides, it can tank all it wants, only to back down, where it belongs.

If you pay attention to Twitch as well, you'll see D2 is much higher then WF, IIRC

51 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Personally, I ain't trying to white knight it. I ain't no avocado. The game mode is fun for me, but it's also new. I expect to run into issues worth complaining about. I expect to run out of content before long, and hopefully more updates are coming. I want to fight my lich's armada, dammit.

But complaining about grind? I think it's too early for that, and ALSO too late, because...

Grind is Warframe. Warframe is grind.

The question is how tedious is the grind, and is it going to be fun to play through, or feel like a chore? That's what I'll have to figure out later, as I've only done 2 skirmish missions with a single crew, and I have to get to bed for work tonight. The lich grind is RIDICULOUS and needs adjusting. Railjack grind, so far, actually seems lightweight

Random side note: If yall go into the key bindings specifically for Railjack, you can set buttons for "bank left" and "bank right" - this lets you barrel roll.

Ture and thanks for the tips!

I won't touch the update until the main game-breaking issues and solo-clan stuff is fixed and un-ignored, same goes for Kuva stuff. etc. 

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Actually is playable solo. Did it myself, wasn't too difficult once you get how the AI works.

I only played 2 missions (one solo and one in a group). Failed both, but did better solo than with a team. I'd be curious to hear tips for solo play. 

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I like how you say that without explaining how the AI works.

You could have just asked... 😕

There are 2 AIs is play here. Fighter AI and Crewship AI. What you need to worry about is the crewship, as that alone is a pain in the ass to deal it.

Crewships have a less aggro range than Fighters. Fighters will be attracted to you more than any other enemy. To deal with fighters, stay in your railjack, and reverse fly. Let them come to you as you reverse (they are faster, and more agile that you.) They will be coming at you in a straight line, so you don't need to worry about leading shots. take out all of them. reversing gives a bigger window of attack as they will be spending more time trying to reach you than doing evasive manuvers or attacking. 2 fighters would have reached you and the other 3 will be taken out before hand. You can deal with those 2 easily.

Crewships are different. If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone (ie by going far away.). They are also very slow, so not hard to get out of their aggro range. Once you get far enough, take out archwing and the rush to it, get inside it, and destroy the reactor, and then immediately leave for your railjack. Personally, I use Odonata because of the shield.

Repeat for each crewship spawn. A crewships is always accompanied by fighters, so you need to take out the fighters first, then the crewship.

NEVER GO FOR THE CREWSHIP BEFORE THE FIGHTERS. The fighters will swarm your railjack until nothing remains. Remain far away from the crew ship and draw the fighters away from it. Further you are, the better.

This method works because the removes the possibilities of boarding parties, keeping you in the pilot seat and control, (no idle time). Crewship cannot deploy parties to board until its close enough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I only played 2 missions (one solo and one in a group). Failed both, but did better solo than with a team. I'd be curious to hear tips for solo play. 

here you go. Quoting my post:

Just now, Aadi880 said:

You could have just asked... 😕

There are 2 AIs is play here. Fighter AI and Crewship AI. What you need to worry about is the crewship, as that alone is a pain in the ass to deal it.

Crewships have a less aggro range than Fighters. Fighters will be attracted to you more than any other enemy. To deal with fighters, stay in your railjack, and reverse fly. Let them come to you as you reverse (they are faster, and more agile that you.) They will be coming at you in a straight line, so you don't need to worry about leading shots. take out all of them. reversing gives a bigger window of attack as they will be spending more time trying to reach you than doing evasive manuvers or attacking. 2 fighters would have reached you and the other 3 will be taken out before hand. You can deal with those 2 easily.

Crewships are different. If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone (ie by going far away.). They are also very slow, so not hard to get out of their aggro range. Once you get far enough, take out archwing and the rush to it, get inside it, and destroy the reactor, and then immediately leave for your railjack. Personally, I use Odonata because of the shield.

Repeat for each crewship spawn. A crewships is always accompanied by fighters, so you need to take out the fighters first, then the crewship.

NEVER GO FOR THE CREWSHIP BEFORE THE FIGHTERS. The fighters will swarm your railjack until nothing remains. Remain far away from the crew ship and draw the fighters away from it. Further you are, the better.

This method works because the removes the possibilities of boarding parties, keeping you in the pilot seat and control, (no idle time). Crewship cannot deploy parties to board until its close enough.

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 1