Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Launcher Stuck on Checking Updates

Just-Apple

Question

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum and would like to get some help with an issue- Apology in advance for using wrong fromats and if wrong place.

I've been having trouble whenever there's an update to Warframe or Windows- I can't tell which. When I open the launcher, it stucks on Checking For Updates screen for awhile, then it says "Update failed! ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT". I've tried a couple solutions suggested from people with similar problem, but none of them seems to work.

Things that I tried:

1. Reinstalling the game
2. Setting launch as administrator for all users
3. Verifying download cache
4. Reinstalling/repairing Visual C++
5. Diagnosing DirectX
6. Switching the Launcher's language
7. Disabling Bulk Download

I did manage to run the game once when I did one of them, think it was the 4th thing but it doesn't work anymore. Also worth noting: The option to switch between DirectX 10 and 11 is greyed out by the time it's checking update. Here's a part from the diagnosing log which I think might be usefull- Tho I've no clue what they mean:

Problem signature:
P1: IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe
P2: 1.47.715.0
P3: 59c2e956
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.18362.387
P6: 4361b720
P7: 000000000006db8e
P8: c0000409
P9: 0000000000000007
P10:

That's it. I just wanna play space ninjas. Please help.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Just-Apple said:

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum and would like to get some help with an issue- Apology in advance for using wrong fromats and if wrong place.

I've been having trouble whenever there's an update to Warframe or Windows- I can't tell which. When I open the launcher, it stucks on Checking For Updates screen for awhile, then it says "Update failed! ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT". I've tried a couple solutions suggested from people with similar problem, but none of them seems to work.

Things that I tried:

1. Reinstalling the game
2. Setting launch as administrator for all users
3. Verifying download cache
4. Reinstalling/repairing Visual C++
5. Diagnosing DirectX
6. Switching the Launcher's language
7. Disabling Bulk Download

I did manage to run the game once when I did one of them, think it was the 4th thing but it doesn't work anymore. Also worth noting: The option to switch between DirectX 10 and 11 is greyed out by the time it's checking update. Here's a part from the diagnosing log which I think might be usefull- Tho I've no clue what they mean:

Problem signature:
P1: IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe
P2: 1.47.715.0
P3: 59c2e956
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.18362.387
P6: 4361b720
P7: 000000000006db8e
P8: c0000409
P9: 0000000000000007
P10:

That's it. I just wanna play space ninjas. Please help.

Sounds like you have been caught by the DDOS protection system, it does sometimes catch legitimate player addresses. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Now power off your modem/router until www.whatismyip.com shows a different address. A mobile hotspot of VPN should also work.

On 2019-12-13 at 7:17 PM, Shalath said:

Sounds like you have been caught by the DDOS protection system, it does sometimes catch legitimate player addresses. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Now power off your modem/router until www.whatismyip.com shows a different address. A mobile hotspot of VPN should also work.

I did exactly that;Turned my computer off, unplugged the router and waited for 30 seconds to plug it back, and it works!
Thank you so much for this.

Wouldn't have known that it was that simple.

Edited by Just-Apple