Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch-Gun Hitscan Nerf is Painful

Voltage

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

Doesn't it charge faster with them though?

Not in the case of Velocitus (and Corvas). Only the mod Shell Rush affects Archgun charge attacks, it was designed specifically for them.  Regular Warframe primary/secondary weapons that have a charge function which we use on the ground do not have a uniquely designed mod for faster charging, so for them any mods that increase fire rate gets the double function of increasing rate of attack and their charge rate as well. Let's hope DE doesn't change this and add a separate charge mod for them like for Archguns.  😕

Fire Rate mods helps when you use Velocitus as a semi-auto rifle and want to quickly fire uncharged shots. I found that this method kills RJ enemies faster than using charge shots. (I have a riven for it, +fire rate, +grineer damage, +crit chance; acceptable results).

Against these tanky RJ enemies, charge attacks will give you lower DPS.  Just spam uncharged shots for better results; it it tiresome on the finger though.   Or just use Cyngas, it clearly outperforms everything else I've tried.

5 часов назад, DerGreif2 сказал:

With the current power level of weapons and the fighter speed the combat really feels trashy.

In my personal opinion they should nerfed the health of the enemy ships by 30%, make all RJ guns hitscann and need the flight speed of the fighters also by 30%.

I know it should be challenging but when I have to stop playing gunner because I get almost sick when I track a target... They really have to do something about the combat so that RJ feels good. Right now I have the feeling I fire with feathers (MK3 still when you take all that in consideration).

oh man, get amesha and just press 3

11 hours ago, Fleuria said:

Those grineer homing missiles are not actually all that great.

You can easily hijack a grineer ship and use them, though, if you like.

True, but wat's irking is that a frigate like our railjack has worse ordnance and ammo stores than a bunch of single seater fighters, that conversely, get also unlimited duration shields on engine nacelles and unlimited use chaff to negate our own missiles.

Sorry but all this makes our railjack feel like outdated crap

14 hours ago, Corvid said:

Doesn't it charge faster with them though?

Anyway, I'll say no to hitscan, but yes to a prediction marker that actually gives me an idea of where to aim.

No it doesn't, DE released a specific mod to accellerate charge time, while on regolar weapons rate of fire mods influence both

5 hours ago, reinforcers said:

what DE do are basically saying "slow down dude" 🙂, with the nerf now everyone have to "dogfight" instead of "sniping"

We are just became pacifists actually. The 'dogfight' can't make a successful shot either. Even the point-blank shots are easily miss the target.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Being non-hitscan isn't the issue, it's that the projectiles are so slow. We're in space! No gravity and no atmosphere! There shouldn't even be any any damage fall-off. 

Damage fall-off does not make sense. Tracking fall-off would make sense.

Still... it's a game...

4 hours ago, hsw2201 said:

I #*!%ING HATE ARCHGUN PROJECTILE SPEED STUPID MOTHERLESS DE
I SUCK AIM AND IT WAS HIT-ABLE BEFORE BUT NOW I CAN'T HIT ANYTHING 
#*!% MY IMPERATOR VANDAL #*!% GRINEER #*!% RAILJACK

Calm down Tenno.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-13 at 3:40 AM, Voltage said:

Arch-weapons are already underpowered. They are an underpowered weapon in one of the most underpopulated gamemodes.

Actually what I think they did in regards to the mods for Archguns was well balanced. They're not like the hand weapons that can be modded to be 200x more effective than the unmodded version. When there's so much of a power gap that some people genuinely have issues killing enemies in a level but someone joins that game using the same gun and clears a hallway with one-shot, there's a problem. While archguns might lack a bit of punch, having a lower ceiling limit of around ~18x more effective makes it easier to balance content. They can make things that are still challenging for people using heavily modded archgun but not nearly as impossible for people using lightly modded archguns when compared to regular ground weapons.

Anyway, back to Railjack missions. It seems to me that the Railjack should be the main focus of those missions and should be more effective than Archwings (in general).

My experience has been that highly forma'd and properly tuned archguns tend to be better than the easily available beginner railjack weapons.

Also, your archwing is maneuverable, if you have trouble targeting you need to get closer (right up behind the vehicle you are shooting).