Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe become official pay 2 win?

Gasau

The logic *IS* sound that this is the first instance of in-mission resources being able to directly affecting the gameplay of the mission WHILE you are collecting them (and most people seem to be missing this point completely, no thanks to OP's poor presentation), but I also believe isn't very significant because of the following:

1. You can just fly the railjack 9000m away and do everything on archwing
  2. You can kite with the railjack pretty easily (after you get rank 1 Piloting and maybe rank 1 Gunnery)
  3. Resources are very plentiful (if you know to farm AFTER completing the main objective)
  4. Revolite currently refills after some missions for some reason
  5. You only really need Revolite to stop catastrophic failure, which then restores the ship to about half health with invulnerability
  6. Missiles and flux energy are useless at early game, which is when we will have the fewest resources
    EDIT:
  7. Revolite is cheap as hell
  8. Repairing all the time isn't fun anyways, so if you're really buying resource boosters to get more Revolite, wyd

Edited by continue

I would almost partially see this game as P2W, BUT in different aspects. I mean you can skip ALMOST every wait/farm time with paying platinum; a premium resource that you CAN acquire through trading. But since we can also purchase this resource with REAL money, that is an advantage (of acquiring vs earning trade able stuff for platinum) vs trading for it since it is immediate as long as we have the real world money to purchase the premium currency without the effort of farming for items to trade. Now if we could not purchase platinum and could only earn and trade for it somehow in game that would be different. But there is a way to acquire this premium currency immediately (via in game store to buy platinum). Having platinum and spending it to advance us quicker is an advantage to those who do not have platinum. Especially for a bunch of new players starting out who don't know how the game works or how to make platinum without buying it, so they purchase platinum to pay for things they want now or would prefer to skip the wait for. It's not like you are winning anything you are just getting an advantage for having the premium currency to spend on boosters (more advantages vs other players), time skips for crafting or purchasing a frame rather than farming for it. The advantage for newer players to acquire this premium currency is far less easier than veterans who have the necessary tools and know-how to acquire it much faster and easier in some cases. There is no winning in this game, because it is a never ending power grab. That being said, it is a free game to play on it's own. It does not force you to pay money to get that advantage, but a lot of people don't like to fall behind or wait, and DE and other gaming companies knows this. That's why you have stores to buy premium currencies. 

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

hace 1 hora, Gasau dijo:

O0bNlj0.jpg

If I understand correctly, the double resource multiplier now directly affects the gameplay. What makes the game a total pay 2 win.

Correct me if I am wrong.

" the double resource multiplier "

Honestly i have no idea what do you mean but even if it does .... you can get boost totally free , so maybe you need to learn what P2W means .

2 hours ago, Gasau said:

pay 2 win.

There really needs to be a down vote option, warframe is far from a pay to win game, yes there are pay to pass up most progression, not pay to get this weapon, ability, warframe, or ship and just win.

everything in game CAN be built without any payment of real life money.

Edited by Firedtm
Edited to fix a missing word

1 hour ago, Gasau said:

refill the revolite for the omni tool.

omni tool need to repair the ship

Yes you need it to win the game actually, or you ship gonna die and you fail the mission.

This is purest 100% pay 2 win.

You don't need the boost to get them. It is easier with, but not required, don't be stupid on purpose

i hope DE gives me a map wide nuke that lets me kill all fighters and crewships (instant mission clear) for 100p and it automatically gives me all the loot from the mission and lets me just free roam through the mission gathering some more loot in rocks or whatever.

/s

31 minutes ago, Nighteyezzz said:

They definitely feel more aggressive with their monetization the pass few updates. I'm curious to how much goodwill is left in this community, for me they're definitely riding a razor blade edge with there monetization and bugs. This all feels very familiar

They HAVE to make money, though.

I’ll give them boosters all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.  I’m ok with the Lich pack also.

Where I personally get a hair up my ____ is when I feel like the content is a semi-predatory, very NOT FUN grind which pressures me to bypass it.  

Paying to play faster is something that I feel makes the game BETTER. I believe it’s how DE feels it would be ideally paced if revenue wasn’t a necessary evil.

In short, the grind is fine, and monetary options are fine, but it conditionally needs to be fun/rewarding/engaging gameplay.  That, for me is where DE needs to be held responsible.

Don’t push monetary options to bypass sub-optimal gameplay and game design that must be suffered to progress.

2 hours ago, Nighteyezzz said:

They definitely feel more aggressive with their monetization the pass few updates. I'm curious to how much goodwill is left in this community, for me they're definitely riding a razor blade edge with there monetization and bugs. This all feels very familiar

Not really, if you think about it. For every update, there's usually a package. They just released about five updates in two months. 

4 hours ago, ChronoPhX said:

the booster, which you need to pay for with platinum

While not reliable (because if it were boosters would never sell for plat), you can get boosters from multiple game sources for free: Baro, rare containers, Sorties, logins and events. The resource boost (which really just decreases your grind time and doesn't really increase your ability to complete missions anyway) isn't premium currency exclusive.

RJ is definitely pay to win. Getting ressources for this incredibly boring and bugged stuff is basically linked to platinium. Even increasing your RJ avionics can be done with plat only. I don't mind XP buffs or whatever but implementing some stupid grind and asking for plat instead if something i wish i never saw in Warframe. Buffs need you to play, spending plat only means that playing the damn game is optional. And it's definitely optional for many people once we're stuck with boring grind everywhere.

If they're going that way, i'm pretty sure it'll be without me. I'm more interested in fun than stupid grind and things are worse and worse since they implemented Kuva liches. If i want to waste my precious time doing boring things over and over again for next to no reward or even next to no fun, there are a lot of asian MMOrpgs around that are alread doing that job tbh.

Sadly the OP is correct. P2W has many versions from directly purchasing power to influencing outcomes. When resources earned in mission can be doubled and used to affect the mission's outcome then that would qualify as paying to win, since you could conceivably lose without the resource being doubled.

Why DE didn't keep crafting outside of the gameplay and have resources used to allow for more consumables per mission is the problem. That way you collect resources in mission that affect how many consumables you have , but the resources do not affect that mission's outcome.

This is a delicate line, but this is one of the first times where a resource booster directly impacts the mission's outcome.

People don't seem to know what P2W is. P2W is purchasing something that gives you a leg up over others, who, unless they pay, don't have access to whatever it is that gives you the boost. This, OP, isn't it. You can simply trade for plat, without dropping a dime. As said, you get it faster, sure, but it's not P2W.

Considering the utterly outrageous cost to repair looted items*, the ability to instantly make loot usable is a bit more than just rushing a foundry task. I usually don't mind the wait and never rush things anyway, but the repair drone bypasses both the time and the entire resource grind.

*For example, I looted this reactor, 3600 diodes and 2400 pustrels, are you effing kidding me DE?

0p561iS.png

• Like 2

Affinity boosters always had the ability to help players use Syndicate Procs more effectively. Does that mean it's a pay2win mechanic? F no. 

Sure, it helps gameplay in some way, but as usual it's just an overgeneralized use of the term "pay2win". Besides, even tho Plat is a premium currency, it's tradeable, which means you don't even have to pay for the currency at all! You can avoid spending real money for years and still have more plat than most people just by trading. 

I'll be honest, I bought plat in the past. I got lucky a couple times and bought some 20$ packs with the 75% discount (PC). Still, I've never made more plat than in the past 2 weeks, where I sold about 150-200 relics I'd never use anyway to two guys who are part of a Relic-opening Discord community. I went from literaly 1 plat to 991 in about 40 trades (was the very first time I used all my daily trades). 

So no, Warframe is not p2w and boosters making it easier to refill the Omni doesn't change it. If you can't do it without a booster, you're either wasting ammo, not effectively getting ressources in the first place, taking way too much damage, etc. but since it just came out, no one will expect you to be at max efficiency anyway. Failure is natural and they didn't make this game mode easy in the first place. 

PS: When I say "you", I mean in the plural form, not OP specificaly. I'm not attacking anyone. Besides, this game mode is based around coordination and teamwork, and blaming one person for everything is, as usual, bad for the crew itself. For example, it's like blaming the repair guy because he can't fix all the holes in the ship when the pilot doesn't even try to avoid taking damage. 

Edit: I'm not going to talk about repair cost from wreckage parts as Mephane showed. I do understand that it's a lot of ressources for single ship parts, but since I see farming for such things as a goal to acheive rather than a chore, I'm not going to discuss on that since my pov is probably different from the majority and wouldn't end on constructive feedback in the end. I'm only talking about in-mission ressources and not ship-building. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16