Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Drops Should De Increased

Wolfstorm18

With bullet sponges past level-50 ammo run-out very easy. Its really impressive when you have a Gorgon with modified clip-size at maximum expeding all its ammo in a single grineer trooper. Even with Ammo Drum and the event-based Ammo Mutation mods is not possible to have enough ammo for those bullet sponges, and you have to resort to melee which is very weak.

Since melee will not be fixed (thanks to the uber pwnzord elitist gamers who say "live with it" and are against any suggestion for changing) we will need more ammo drops. I think they should be increased according to the levels, by 10% for each level past 50.

Also Ammo Drum mod should have more tiers and be doubled in capacity for each tier, until a maximum of 120%. As it is now is just useless.

The Ammo Restore consumable is also useless, and was even nerfed after the latest update. Before it it restored ammo instantaneously, now its only 90 bullets. Make it so that it restores the entire ammo again, like it was before, so that combined with Ammo Drum at 120% it will give us a edge against the bullet sponges.

Also the Sentinel should have a mod that converts surplus energy into ammo. This will only be possible if Streamline is increased to a 120% bonus maximum, as explained here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115056-focus-and-streamline-should-have-more-ranks/ and here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115163-sentinels-should-also-streamline-powers/. In this way surplus energy, instead of being used to restore shields, will give instantaneous ammo when you cast any power. This will allow for more power-play, and players will be able to choose any other weapon than Soma.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Pistol ammo is uber common yo. You should always have some in surplus or lying in a nearby loot pile. I understand primary weapons, those are harder to keep track of, but if it becomes that big of a problem bring some ammo boxes or the auras that cause more ammo of a given type to drop. They work incredibly well and will piss off your teammates that brought snipers shotguns

A sentinel that gives you ammo is a nice idea, but carrier will do for your purposes.

With bullet sponges past level-50 ammo run-out very easy. Its really impressive when you have a Gorgon with modified clip-size at maximum expeding all its ammo in a single grineer trooper. Even with Ammo Drum and the event-based Ammo Mutation mods is not possible to have enough ammo for those bullet sponges, and you have to resort to melee which is very weak.

Since melee will not be fixed (thanks to the uber pwnzord elitist gamers who say "live with it" and are against any suggestion for changing) we will need more ammo drops. I think they should be increased according to the levels, by 10% for each level past 50.

Also Ammo Drum mod should have more tiers and be doubled in capacity for each tier, until a maximum of 120%. As it is now is just useless.

The Ammo Restore consumable is also useless, and was even nerfed after the latest update. Before it it restored ammo instantaneously, now its only 90 bullets. Make it so that it restores the entire ammo again, like it was before, so that combined with Ammo Drum at 120% it will give us a edge against the bullet sponges.

Also the Sentinel should have a mod that converts surplus energy into ammo. This will only be possible if Streamline is increased to a 120% bonus maximum, as explained here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115056-focus-and-streamline-should-have-more-ranks/ and here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115163-sentinels-should-also-streamline-powers/. In this way surplus energy, instead of being used to restore shields, will give instantaneous ammo when you cast any power. This will allow for more power-play, and players will be able to choose any other weapon than Soma.

The simplest fix would be for DE to put ammo mutation mods into the drop table.

Im sorry you are having issues managing your ammo...but maybe you should properly mod your weapon of choice for damage so you can kill things before you run out of ammo?

I do agree that they should buff the ammo restore item, but the ammo pickups and ammo drum mods are fine just as they are. Especially with the ammo mutator mod.

Further, having streamline hit 120% to where I can just sit there, hammer the 4 button and kill everything without ever doing anything else AND gaining ammo would just be completely and utterly boring. What would be the point of even playing then?

I could play trinity and just mash 4 and be permanently invulnerable...so NO.

I agree, other than Ammo Mutator mods (which not everybody even has), there isn't really any effective way of collecting ammo for the more bullet costly weapons (especially now that they nerfed ammo boxes). I could think of a few possible ways to make ammo collecting easier on low level weapons:

>Make Ammo Drum go up to 50-60% so it's actually a worthwhile investment for ammo-eating weapons (the mods certainly drop enough anyway)

>Instead of restoring a set amount of ammo, make pickups restore 10% of your max ammo

>Combine all the Scavenger mods into one and just make them increase the total amount of ammo (and maybe resources too) that you get from drops

>Buff the useless Team Restores

>At the very least, add mutator mods to the drop tables.

I run embolist with ammo mutation and take a carrier. The embolist has painfully bad ammo economy but the conversion mod negates it, and having carrier suck up everything takes me from not caring about ammo to struggling to get rid of it all.

In short, ammo mutation mods need to be in the drop tables and carrier is cool.

In general, I don't think ammo supply needs to be changed.

People $#*(@ about melee not being viable, but the only reason this can ever really be said to be the case is because they have no real incentive to conserve ammo.

Even with fairly low damage per round weapons, if you are competent enough to have a good primary/secondary mix, and to know when using melee is viable (and when it's not), you aren't likely to have crippling ammo problems even without auras or mutators.

Don't waste bullets you don't have to, don't shoot unless you are likely to hit, utilize puncture on your primaries to maximize utility against groups, and if you see the opportunity (and they are damn common, even in content at ranks 100-130+) to use melee to do meaningful damage, take it.

Edited by Saenol

No ...

it already makes no sense that we can use ammo from different faction (except of same fraction weapons Corpus > Dera / Lanka e.g.)

Enemy weapons pick up would be nice.

More ammo is a wrong way to go. There is a better way to improve the current game play: 

- Melee should be more viable ... (actually I like my dark sword)

- Stealth should be improved ... (less pew pew and more, tactical kills on unaware enemies)

- AI should be improved ... 

- Quantities of enemies should be lowered and quality increased ...

But please no more ammo, more enemies and sh!ty power creep.

So I say no to more ammunition / ammunition drops. 

EDIT: You can use ammunition mods ...

Edited by Voidflow

There's a really, really easy fix to ammo. Ammo drops should be Primary or Secondary. And not split up into each primary category. It's not like you can switch to a rifle mid game, so why does the game drop rifle ammo when you have your shotgun equipped? (Note : I know why it does, but it does not have to be coded that way, thus my suggestion)