Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to archwing blink on controllers

(XBOX)ELM0Damian

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (XB1)ELM0Damian said:

How do we archwing blink While using a controller? On Xbox and I couldn't figure it out can't even find a way to hot key it anywhere 

You read the patch notes and see that DE didn't ship us blink because they couldn't make it work right.

Archwing Flight Changes:

The changes that refined Afterburner and brought Blink to all Archwings were not included in this Update because we could not get them to work properly in time, and we did not want to hold the rest of the content. We were optimistic we could include it, but it was apparent in our testing that we’d cause quite a few binding blunders releasing it in its current state. So we are putting time into releasing a more controller friendly version of the changes for our console Tenno. That said, one Archwing change we did include in this update from the batch in PC’s Update 26.1 is Itzal's new ability “ARCH LINE”. This means that Blink will be temporarily unavailable until we release it on all Archwings with sensible bindings. It goes without saying that we know this is extremely disruptive for our Tridolon hunters who heavily rely on the ability - we will be resolving this in the next Update! We know this is not ideal, we apologize for the temporary hold on Blink while we work to improve overall Archwing controls on controllers. 

Nope. I hate the fact that Itzal was so nerfed. It wasn't that good before, but now it hurts to use. The X or first ability that used to be blink is replaced by a rope... that forces you to collide, sure. Can be used to go faster than normal, but you WILL hit stuff using it, because the pull sometimes is greater than you trying to force your archwing to fly on another direction. Not only that, but it does not even pull you towards crewships, and enemy ships get throw behind you without stunning them or anything like that. The "stealth mode" or second skill doesn't even work properly. Trying to use it on a railjack mission is a sure way to die. Unless you use it AND the first skill, by which you, again, will get to collide on whatever you lach on. The last skill of the itzal doesn't even work to take some enemy hits. IF you have to go in a railjack mission, the Itzal is your worst option.

On 2019-12-13 at 1:22 PM, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You read the patch notes and see that DE didn't ship us blink because they couldn't make it work right.

Archwing Flight Changes:

The changes that refined Afterburner and brought Blink to all Archwings were not included in this Update because we could not get them to work properly in time, and we did not want to hold the rest of the content. We were optimistic we could include it, but it was apparent in our testing that we’d cause quite a few binding blunders releasing it in its current state. So we are putting time into releasing a more controller friendly version of the changes for our console Tenno. That said, one Archwing change we did include in this update from the batch in PC’s Update 26.1 is Itzal's new ability “ARCH LINE”. This means that Blink will be temporarily unavailable until we release it on all Archwings with sensible bindings. It goes without saying that we know this is extremely disruptive for our Tridolon hunters who heavily rely on the ability - we will be resolving this in the next Update! We know this is not ideal, we apologize for the temporary hold on Blink while we work to improve overall Archwing controls on controllers. 

Ugh, I missed that when I read the patch notes. they could have at least left us with the super-speed while they worked it out. it's quite annoying they removed the best feature of itzal and then didn't deliver as promised, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, DE always treats console like second-class citizens...

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Silens Mort said:

Ugh, I missed that when I read the patch notes. they could have at least left us with the super-speed while they worked it out. it's quite annoying they removed the best feature of itzal and then didn't deliver as promised, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, DE always treats console like second-class citizens...

eh?  It's been so long since this original post that consoles did get Blink now.  XB1 and PS4 both got another patch after the one quoted above.

There is an issue where if you have custom controls, you have to open the customization screen, then save it (with no changes) or else blink will be Disabled until then.  

For me on PS4 its whatever the roll/slide button you use is.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z