(XB1)DEMON TOSHIRO

Frost rework when is is coming?

when is the big frost getting a real rework not just a nerf or buff but a full on REWORK I love all my warframe but iv allwasy came back to frost and tbh he is outdated and needs to be back up with the rest of the frames he is forgotin and left behind he needs a full rework.

#makefrostgreatagain

Edited by (XB1)DEMON TOSHIRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 2

I'm sure he's not forgotten, just that while he's underwhelming he does actually work. Other frames are more in need of fix to actually be minimally functional. 

I'm sure he'll get there. We aren't entirely positive how rework order is decided, but they have hinted that it's basically on a volunteer basis. So it might just come down to a developer deciding they've got ideas for him and are up for the extra work hours. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I'm sure he's not forgotten, just that while he's underwhelming he does actually work. Other frames are more in need of fix to actually be minimally functional. 

I'm sure he'll get there. We aren't entirely positive how rework order is decided, but they have hinted that it's basically on a volunteer basis. So it might just come down to a developer deciding they've got ideas for him and are up for the extra work hours. 

Sure Frost works, but he is just a troll frame that also happens to be a worse Limbo/Gara

• Haha 2
  • Woah 2

nope , frost is fine as he is

not everything needs to be a nuker

many other frames need attention before frost, he would be last in need

He doesn't need a REAL HARDCORE FULL ON rework, really. His abilities do what they're supposed to. If they were terribad you wouldn't "come back" to Frost, now would you?

Maybe his 1 and 2 need some tweaks and additions to their functionality(mostly his 2). I personally never use them on higher than mid levels since frost doesnt have a huge energy pool(unless you waste a mod slot on Flow) and his Avalanche is just straight up a better version of both 1 and 2.

His 1 has interactions with 3 and 4, so there are SOME uses for it, but imo his 2 is absolutely useless unless. It has a cast animation that limits your movement and requires more energy than 1, same energy as 3(I mean, if you need CC from 2 why not just use 3 and straight up become immune to enemies AROUND you and also CC/kill enemies near you since Globe will freeze them up and send them to the moon, sometimes insta-killing stuff thanks to obstacle damage) and half the energy of 4. Yet all you get out of 2 is some tiny damage and CC in a cone, like, why bother? It doesn't even synergize with other abilities. It sure looks and sounds cool though.

Globe is fine as it is, even though it's kinda squishy. But it might be my own thing just because I used Frost back when his Globe was invincible lmao. Strength scaling on the Avalanche is kiiiiiinda weird, but it's not to the point of requiring a rework as well. It transitions from a damage ability to a CC/Debuff ability on high levels.

Maybe, one day, cold damage will get the same treatment as heat damage. Then Frost will become godly since all of his abilities rely on it in one way or another.

Oh yeah, I forgot his passive exists, so I guess that's another thing that needs to be looked at.

Edited by Lone_Dude

Don't worry DE mentioned they have plans to ruin the scaling potential of Snow Globe back when they nerfed Gara.

BTW  Gara isn't even the same tactic as Frost / Limbo. She's an eHP stacking frame. Her barrier sucks.

Nothing beats Frost & Limbo on Defense. Not anymore at least.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Her barrier sucks

If Spectrorage wasn't a waste of space it would be quite strong

Only Freeze needs a change because just like Spectrorage it's a waste of space at the moment

11 minutes ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

If Spectrorage wasn't a waste of space it would be quite strong

Only Freeze needs a change because just like Spectrorage it's a waste of space at the moment

Yea, both could be better.

Spectrorage is decent spot CC but pretty expensive for something so simple.
One of it's major flaws is the Mirrors' increased threat doesn't work on Nullifiers and possibly other CC immune enemies while effects like Chaos do.
Overall the ability could be better in numerous ways.

Freeze is kinda mostly the 50% health threshold that makes it dumb.
If they got rid of that portion of the ability the small AoE hard CC wouldn't be too bad. Otherwise it's pretty much just for Snow Globe.

Actually Frost did just get an indirect buff, in that we can proc status through enemies frozen with his 4. The main problem people run into is just not using him properly. Cover long reloads with his 1, use his 2 as a long range radar that slows enemies down, don't even bother with his 3 unless you're running mobile defense or you need to clear out a chunk of enemies from a downed ally. His 3 actually works better as a weapon for smashing enemies into walls, his 4 is his bread and butter move for defense. Build Range > Efficiency > Duration > Strength. Shut the whole room down with his 4 and just kill everything. Scythes and both Two Handed Nikana's work great with heavy builds for him; they proc slash through enemies frozen with his 4 in a wide arc, which in turn makes them explode and refresh the freeze time on anything around him.

• Like 1